My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    under a month away baby...

GO BIRDS GO.

:yawn:

not seeing a good year Jeags...6-8 wins

try 7-10. either way, we're rebuilding. most teams take 5 years (or if you are the cowboys, it takes 13 :lol: ). i'll settle for a down year or two while these young bucks marinate.
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    under a month away baby...

GO BIRDS GO.

try 7-10. either way, we're rebuilding. most teams take 5 years (or if you are the cowboys, it takes 13 :lol: ). i'll settle for a down year or two while these young bucks marinate.

I'm probably still heading to Lehigh this year we have gone the last 3 years

Maybe just once I will win the raffle for autographs!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

I'm probably still heading to Lehigh this year we have gone the last 3 years

Maybe just once I will win the raffle for autographs!

i'll be there too
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I see 10-6 at best 8-8 at worst. I think are offensive is gonna lite up the league.brent celek will go absoutely off this year. Calling at least 10tds for him.kolbs gonna suprise a lot of people by the seasons end.
    Go Birds!!!!
    t minus 3 weeks.

we really need a competent back up to kolb.

going into the season with vick still here or, god forbid mike kafka as the back up, would be akin to starting the 07 season without a punt returner...or the 08 season without a fullback...
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    t minus 3 weeks.

we really need a competent back up to kolb.

going into the season with vick still here or, god forbid mike kafka as the back up, would be akin to starting the 07 season without a punt returner...or the 08 season without a fullback...

garcia is still out there...he can be signed at any time. no worries

I still think they should have grabbed a punter with one of the 200 picks they had in the draft. Rocca is done and Akers kickoffs are weak
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    After some serious thinking while drinking a ton, I can't understand why anyone on here can seriously expect 10 wins from this team. I mean, I guess it could happen, and I guess I could fuck a 10 over the summer but the chances are slim to none. How anyone can see a team with 20+ rookies on the roster to win that many games is crazy. I think 8 wins is more than a reasonable expectation, and ya know - I'm perfectly fine with that this year.
    After some serious thinking while drinking a ton, I can't understand why anyone on here can seriously expect 10 wins from this team. I mean, I guess it could happen, and I guess I could fuck a 10 over the summer but the chances are slim to none. How anyone can see a team with 20+ rookies on the roster to win that many games is crazy. I think 8 wins is more than a reasonable expectation, and ya know - I'm perfectly fine with that this year.

8 is a good over under at this point.
    www.myspace.com

number in vegas is 8.5
    The Fixer wrote:

number in vegas is 8.5

wow...that is a tough one. not sure which way i'd lean...
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427

how can they win 9-10 games? answer - coaching. i'll save this page so we can go back to this when they win 9 or 10 games and you guys are still bitching about Reid.
    pjhawks wrote:

how can they win 9-10 games? answer - coaching. i'll save this page so we can go back to this when they win 9 or 10 games and you guys are still bitching about Reid.

you're funny
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

aw fuck, I'm agreeing with this dude?

love reid more than anyone...don't see this team winning 10 games. 9 is a definite possibility. analyzing the schedule is a waste of time
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

aw fuck, I'm agreeing with this dude?

love reid more than anyone...don't see this team winning 10 games. 9 is a definite possibility. analyzing the schedule is a waste of time

Man, pjhawks, you loooove Reid's jock like none other. And I'm not saying I'm not a fan of his as well, but you are absolutely ridiculous. Coaching is the reason they've been competitive for this long. I know that, so get the fuck off your fucking soap box because you reeeally come off as pretentious, condescending, and most importantly, fully douche-afied. My point is there's over 20 fucking rookies on this roster, and there's no conceivable reason - or at least anyone who uses rational thought - to think this team is a lock for 9, 10 wins when a lot of molding needs to be done. Now please, get off your knees, your scuffing the floor.
    10 games. 9 is a definite possibility. analyzing the schedule is a waste of time

Man, pjhawks, you loooove Reid's jock like none other. And I'm not saying I'm not a fan of his as well, but you are absolutely ridiculous. Coaching is the reason they've been competitive for this long. I know that, so get the fuck off your fucking soap box because you reeeally come off as pretentious, condescending, and most importantly, fully douche-afied. My point is there's over 20 fucking rookies on this roster, and there's no conceivable reason - or at least anyone who uses rational thought - to think this team is a lock for 9, 10 wins when a lot of molding needs to be done. Now please, get off your knees, your scuffing the floor.

wow apparantly I am a deusche and pretentious for answering a question. someone asked how this team will win 9 or 10 games and i answered it.

should we go back to all the posts last year running our franchise QB out of town because this team is better off without him? now we are wondering how this team can win 9 or 10 games. man I love philly fans and their logical thought processes.
    pjhawks wrote:
    10 games. 9 is a definite possibility. analyzing the schedule is a waste of time

wow apparantly I am a deusche and pretentious for answering a question. someone asked how this team will win 9 or 10 games and i answered it.

should we go back to all the posts last year running our franchise QB out of town because this team is better off without him? now we are wondering how this team can win 9 or 10 games. man I love philly fans and their logical thought processes.

i'm not one of the ones who wanted mcnabb out of town...i don't think jearlpam was either. but most of those people who did want him out of town conceded we'd take a step or two back this year.
    www.myspace.com
    chris collinsworth...set to always make sense...

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/movi ... amuel.html

Collinsworth on McNabb, Kolb and Asante
    What kind of impact will Donovan McNabb have on the Redskins? (AP Photo/Nick Wass) It's amazing how much an analyst can set himself apart when he does his homework and takes pride in his job.

That's the case with Cris Collinsworth, who in my opinion, is one of the best in the business.

Collinsworth, who calls Sunday Night Football on NBC, joined ESPN .com's Bill Simmons for a recent podcast to promote his new Web site, FootballProsLive.com.

The departure of Donovan McNabb will undoubtedly be one of the most talked-about topics nationally as networks and publications preview the 2010 season. And it was one of the topics Collinsworth discussed during the podcast. Count him among those who think McNabb's impact in D.C. could be huge.

"I thought that was one of the great additions to a team I've ever seen," Collinsworth said. "I mean, the Redskins were really in sort of disarray. No matter what anybody else says, they were just swimming out there. They really were. And then they bring in [Mike] Shanahan. And you bring in McNabb. People are going to always talk about McNabb and his accuracy, and I don't disagree with that. I don't think that he's a typical west coast kind of quarterback, and when you look at what it's going to mean for Philadelphia with Kevin Kolb, I think they'll get back to more of a classic west coast kind of offense. But now you're going to get in Shanahan's offense a big, strong, powerful guy that's going to bring a little fun, that's going to bring a little laughter back to the huddle, that is a dynamic personality."

Interesting how one of the things McNabb was criticized for so often here - smiling and laughing in the huddle - is one of the things Collinsworth expects to be an asset for him in Washington.

"It sounds weird to say that a quarterback's charisma can make a difference," Collinsworth continued. "But the Redskins just have been so beaten down for so long, and this whole thing with [Albert] Haynesworth and all the junk that's going on with him. I just think that you're going to see a different personality come out of the Washington Redskins and they've got a great coach now. They could very easily surprise a lot of people because their defense is pretty good."

Collinsworth really caught me off-guard later in the podcast when discussing the New England Patriots.

Guess which player departure he believes has had a huge impact on the Patriots the last two seasons: Asante Samuel.

"How much do the Patriots miss Asante Samuel?" he asked. "Asante Samuel was one of those X-factor guys. He was Troy Polamalu to me. No matter how much Bill Belichick may have coached that guy, nobody really knew what he was going to do on a play. He might take a chance and give up a big touchdown, and who knows, maybe he's not the greatest tackler in the world. But I'm telling ya, nobody knew what he was going to do on a play, and that included Peyton Manning a lot. He made a lot of mistakes to Asante Samuel over the years because he was just a little... I'm going to call him creative. I'm going to give him a euphemism. He was creative back there in the back end, and he creates problems. And there just hasn't been quite the same mystery to the Patriots' defense since he left."

Revealing nuggets there. I think Sean McDermott could probably relate to the part about how no matter how much he coaches Samuel, he doesn't know what he's going to do. That's a good thing when Samuel jumps a route, picks off a pass and takes it to the house. That's a bad thing when the Eagles are getting killed by wide receiver screens and Samuel doesn't play press coverage.

www.myspace.com
  • Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276

What kind of impact will Donovan McNabb have on the Redskins? (AP Photo/Nick Wass) It's amazing how much an analyst can set himself apart when he does his homework and takes pride in his job.

That's the case with Cris Collinsworth, who in my opinion, is one of the best in the business.

Collinsworth, who calls Sunday Night Football on NBC, joined ESPN .com's Bill Simmons for a recent podcast to promote his new Web site, FootballProsLive.com.

The departure of Donovan McNabb will undoubtedly be one of the most talked-about topics nationally as networks and publications preview the 2010 season. And it was one of the topics Collinsworth discussed during the podcast. Count him among those who think McNabb's impact in D.C. could be huge.

"I thought that was one of the great additions to a team I've ever seen," Collinsworth said. "I mean, the Redskins were really in sort of disarray. No matter what anybody else says, they were just swimming out there. They really were. And then they bring in [Mike] Shanahan. And you bring in McNabb. People are going to always talk about McNabb and his accuracy, and I don't disagree with that. I don't think that he's a typical west coast kind of quarterback, and when you look at what it's going to mean for Philadelphia with Kevin Kolb, I think they'll get back to more of a classic west coast kind of offense. But now you're going to get in Shanahan's offense a big, strong, powerful guy that's going to bring a little fun, that's going to bring a little laughter back to the huddle, that is a dynamic personality."

Interesting how one of the things McNabb was criticized for so often here - smiling and laughing in the huddle - is one of the things Collinsworth expects to be an asset for him in Washington.

"It sounds weird to say that a quarterback's charisma can make a difference," Collinsworth continued. "But the Redskins just have been so beaten down for so long, and this whole thing with [Albert] Haynesworth and all the junk that's going on with him. I just think that you're going to see a different personality come out of the Washington Redskins and they've got a great coach now. They could very easily surprise a lot of people because their defense is pretty good."

Collinsworth really caught me off-guard later in the podcast when discussing the New England Patriots.

Guess which player departure he believes has had a huge impact on the Patriots the last two seasons: Asante Samuel.

"How much do the Patriots miss Asante Samuel?" he asked. "Asante Samuel was one of those X-factor guys. He was Troy Polamalu to me. No matter how much Bill Belichick may have coached that guy, nobody really knew what he was going to do on a play. He might take a chance and give up a big touchdown, and who knows, maybe he's not the greatest tackler in the world. But I'm telling ya, nobody knew what he was going to do on a play, and that included Peyton Manning a lot. He made a lot of mistakes to Asante Samuel over the years because he was just a little... I'm going to call him creative. I'm going to give him a euphemism. He was creative back there in the back end, and he creates problems. And there just hasn't been quite the same mystery to the Patriots' defense since he left."

Revealing nuggets there. I think Sean McDermott could probably relate to the part about how no matter how much he coaches Samuel, he doesn't know what he's going to do. That's a good thing when Samuel jumps a route, picks off a pass and takes it to the house. That's a bad thing when the Eagles are getting killed by wide receiver screens and Samuel doesn't play press coverage.

Samuel could have sealed the SB against the Giants but he dropped a pass that hit him right in the hands on the fateful last drive. How has he been in Philly? I was always so so on him when he was with the Pats

I love collinsworth...he is the best color guy in football. by far

I'm not worried about the skins at all though. they're gonna suck as usual
    Pats54 wrote:

Samuel could have sealed the SB against the Giants but he dropped a pass that hit him right in the hands on the fateful last drive. How has he been in Philly? I was always so so on him when he was with the Pats

he's been good. but since he is a cover corner and rarely gets his hands dirty tackling, most of philly is not a huge fan at this point.
    www.myspace.com
    Pats54 wrote:

he's been good. but since he is a cover corner and rarely gets his hands dirty tackling, most of philly is not a huge fan at this point.

I think he's a terrible man defender. he needs to play off coverage or zone to have success. He was one of the reasons the eagles got their asses handed to them in the playoff game (plenty of blame, but he was one of the main culprits).

He's OK. I don't hate him as much as most. I wish he'd grow a set and make a tackle every once in a while
    pjhawks wrote:

i'm not one of the ones who wanted mcnabb out of town...i don't think jearlpam was either. but most of those people who did want him out of town conceded we'd take a step or two back this year.

First, it's douche. Second, don't talk down to people when they criticize or make their opinion known about the team. Don't generalize a negative of a fan base on my remark. Third, you are one of those Philly fans, so stop eating your own. Fourth, Jeags knows where I stand. Never thought Reid was the problem, and always been a McNabb supporter but a change is refreshing. Fifth, as someone stated earlier, the biggest problem why our fan base sucks to me is people like above who like to look down upon their own and argue within instead of arguing with another team's fan base - all because of his constant reminder that everyone is a bunch of WIP zombies(dude, you need to let it go, I think the only one listening to too much 610 is you, brotha).
    First, it's douche. Second, don't talk down to people when they criticize or make their opinion known about the team. Don't generalize a negative of a fan base on my remark. Third, you are one of those Philly fans, so stop eating your own. Fourth, Jeags knows where I stand. Never thought Reid was the problem, and always been a McNabb supporter but a change is refreshing. Fifth, as someone stated earlier, the biggest problem why our fan base sucks to me is people like above who like to look down upon their own and argue within instead of arguing with another team's fan base - all because of his constant reminder that everyone is a bunch of WIP zombies(dude, you need to let it go, I think the only one listening to too much 610 is you, brotha).

if stating the obvious that 90% of the fan base, including on here, hates Reid and wants him fired and saying with a 90% certaintly that at some point this season this thread will be riddled with 'fire Reid' and 'it's time to go posts' makes me a douche and makes me 'talking down' to people than I guess I'm guilty as charged.
    pjhawks wrote:

if stating the obvious that 90% of the fan base, including on here, hates Reid and wants him fired and saying with a 90% certaintly that at some point this season this thread will be riddled with 'fire Reid' and 'it's time to go posts' makes me a douche and makes me 'talking down' to people than I guess I'm guilty as charged.
    :roll:
    you're just guilty of over generalizing just about every sports related subject ever brought up in the aet.
    www.myspace.com
    you're just guilty of over generalizing just about every sports related subject ever brought up in the aet.

well i like to think i have proper perspective and don't overreact based on emotions. not every loss is a disaster and cause for firing players and coaches. my biggest argument against the media and fans of this franchise is their complete overreaction, negatively and positively, on a weekly basis. so again if putting a coach and quarterback's resume over a decade long period is 'over generalizing' i guess im guilty as charged.
    pjhawks wrote:

well i like to think i have proper perspective and don't overreact based on emotions. not every loss is a disaster and cause for firing players and coaches. my biggest argument against the media and fans of this franchise is their complete overreaction, negatively and positively, on a weekly basis. so again if putting a coach and quarterback's resume over a decade long period is 'over generalizing' i guess im guilty as charged.

you can be a fan and disagree with the team you root for. reid's a good coach. but he comes up small time and time again in big games. there is no denying that. he also makes the same mistakes he has been making since 1999 and that is inexcusable. for all the talent we had on this team for the last decaded, combined with how weak our division and conference was, it's almost as inexcusable that they did not win a championship....throw in the fact that its been 50 years since the franchise last won a championship and you should be able to figure out why there is such frustration in these parts.

but i just think you are just not objective. it is painfully obvious too. i cannot recall a time in here when you've disagreed with a move the eagles have made. and you do have a condescending attitude. especially when you say stuff like "i'll save these emails for the end of the season blah blah blah"......as if that has ever worked in the last 11 years let alone since 1960. ultimate goal is a championship and reid has come up short every year he has been here dude.

when it comes to the eagles, whatever reid spits out...you gobble it up without question.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

you can be a fan and disagree with the team you root for. reid's a good coach. but he comes up small time and time again in big games. there is no denying that. he also makes the same mistakes he has been making since 1999 and that is inexcusable. for all the talent we had on this team for the last decaded, combined with how weak our division and conference was, it's almost as inexcusable that they did not win a championship....throw in the fact that its been 50 years since the franchise last won a championship and you should be able to figure out why there is such frustration in these parts.

but i just think you are just not objective. it is painfully obvious too. i cannot recall a time in here when you've disagreed with a move the eagles have made. and you do have a condescending attitude. especially when you say stuff like "i'll save these emails for the end of the season blah blah blah"......as if that has ever worked in the last 11 years let alone since 1960. ultimate goal is a championship and reid has come up short every year he has been here dude.

when it comes to the eagles, whatever reid spits out...you gobble it up without question.

I'm on record as saying reid is the best thing to ever happen to the eagles. I think mcnabb was the problem, bot reid. I'm glad mcnabb is gone and now we'll see if I was right.

I don't agree with everything reid does, but he is right a whole hell of a lot more than he is wrong. I loved trading up to get mcdougle, didn't understand the kolb pick, and wanted earl thomas in this year's draft. Also, I thought reid was crazy the year he picked shephard, brown, and lewis.

He knows what he's doing. kolb is a better fit in reid's offense than mcnabb was. We will see if that equates to a super bowl.

bottom line is that as long as reid is in charge, the eagles will be contenders

not true at all - never thought the Eagles signing Vick was a good move. Other than that most of the moves they have made have been correct. Name one player they cut that was effective anywhere else? so it's not blind loyalty but an actual own judgment based on the reality of it being the greatest run in franchise history. sorry if i enjoy prosperity, even if prosperity has not brought us a championship it is still better than the alternative . i'd rather have the last 10 years of the Eagles than any previous 10 years of my life and it's not even close or worth and argument.

and Jaegs the point about saving these pages is just pointing out the inevitable criticism of Reid and the franchise that you know as a die-hard Philly fan is coming. Please don't tell me you can't see the 1st or 2nd loss the shit hitting the fan here and everywhere else in philly.

also remember i'm not the guy who said he was done with this team like a few on here have said.
This discussion has been closed.