THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    crazypjfan wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    I'm not sure I buy that. Put a corner that can keep up with Jackson or bring some help over the top. These guys had almost the same season and I think Maclin is the more complete receiver. What good is a home run threat if that's Jackson's only strongpoint and teams know it?

there isn't a corner alive who can stay one-on-one downfield with jackson. the point of the home run threat is that it must be covered on every play by a corner and safety usually. 2 guys out of the defense every play just because jackson is in there. take away the home run threat that is jackson and maclin is double teamed over the middle instead. just back back to the pre-TO days in Philly for what happens to receivers when there is no home run threat on the team.

the offense with vick jackson macklin and mccoy is as good as any if vick can stay healthy and cut down on the turnovers. even with an average season at best out of vick and jackson the offense was still fine this past year.

You would still need 2 guys to cover a true no. 1 like Bowe, no?

Here ya go: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ming-back/

yes but not as far down the field.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    crazypjfan wrote:

how has having #1 receiver's with size worked out for the cowboys? ;)

i love his deep threat. one of the fastest guys in the league and it opens things up for mccoy. without the eagles committing to a power rushing attack, you need to stretch the defense like that.

TO played great while with the cowboys(of course his character sucked). However, he didnt have a good compliment like a Maclin. I just think teams need to look at the combo a little more to give them more of a diverse passing attack. Also, getting a physical guy with some speed can help spread the field even more.

It's 4th and 6 and you have one play to keep your season alive. Maclin and Bowe? Maclin and Jax?

Even if Jax gets the franchise, they can still revoke this and trade him, right?

maclin, jackson, avant, celek, and mccoy. i'll honestly take that over what most teams in the nfl have.

but yeah...the point of franchising him is that they can get something for him via trade as opposed to letting him walk next month.
    www.myspace.com
  • Strongly recommend this short book about the 1948 NFL Championship Game in 8 inches of snow. It's been a great read so far. $2 - come on! If you don't have kindle, or kindle app for iPhone or iPad, get it.

http://www.amazon.com/Give-Steve-Kindle-Single-ebook/dp/B0073NPOR6/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1329236901&sr=1-1
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Strongly recommend this short book about the 1948 NFL Championship Game in 8 inches of snow. It's been a great read so far. $2 - come on! If you don't have kindle, or kindle app for iPhone or iPad, get it.

http://www.amazon.com/Give-Steve-Kindle-Single-ebook/dp/B0073NPOR6/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1329236901&sr=1-1

This can happen again on Feb 2, 2014 in New York where the Eagles could play a championship game in snow. Wouldn't that be something!? ;)
  • crazypjfan wrote:
    Strongly recommend this short book about the 1948 NFL Championship Game in 8 inches of snow. It's been a great read so far. $2 - come on! If you don't have kindle, or kindle app for iPhone or iPad, get it.

This can happen again on Feb 2, 2014 in New York where the Eagles could play a championship game in snow. Wouldn't that be something!? ;)

I should've happened in 2010 when we played the Vikings, but the goddam game was postponed. :twisted: Although that wasn't a championship.

Not getting my hopes up for that 2013 team just yet.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    so they're not raising our ticket prices next year.

yay.
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    edited February 2012
    Below is my renewal letter from the Eagles.

I'm just oooooozing with anticipation :!: :!: :!:

One of The Linc's memorable moments didn't even happen there. On the ball as usual.

Februray 15, 2012

Re: Account Number

Dear ,

With the 2012 NFL Draft only a few short months away, we are already hard at work on preparations for next year's campaign. We shared your high expectations coming into the past season and we recognize that they were not met. It is your unwavering support through both the ups and downs that keeps us fighting for the championship we all want so desperately. We always strive to make your experience at Lincoln Financial Field the best in the NFL and we will continue to work diligently in order to live up to the high standards we know you deserve.

Our time at Lincoln Financial Field has seen numerous achievements and has created great memories. While our ultimate goal remains elusive, we can't help but recall moments like 4th & 26 and the Miracle at the Meadowlands II and feel as though another unforgettable moment is around the corner. With stars such as LeSean McCoy, Michael Vick, Jason Babin and others, the foundation for excellence continues to exist. We look forward to sharing in many more victories and fully understand that your loyalty and support make that possible.

Online you will find your season ticket renewal invoice. A hard copy has been sent to you via U.S.P.S. mail. For the 2012 season, we are pleased to share that for the fourth consecutive year, there will be no increase in your season ticket pricing at Lincoln Financial Field. We are happy to offer the multiple-payment plan that allows you to make 50% of your payment by March 12, 2012. The final balance will be due on June 4, 2012. Payment options include credit card online through PhiladelphiaEagles.com, check or money order.

If you have any questions, please contact the Eagles ticket office team at 215-463-5500 or email us at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@LincolnFinancialField.com">tickets@LincolnFinancialField.com</a><!-- e -->

We thank you for your loyalty and devotion to the team and for being part of the most passionate fan base in the NFL. We can't wait to see you at Lehigh in July.

Sincerely,

The Philadelphia Eagles Ticket Office
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:

One of The Linc's memorable moments didn't even happen there. On the ball as usual.

Thomas F. O'Malley

Februray 15, 2012

Dear Thomas F. O'Malley,

With the 2012 NFL Draft only a few short months away, we are already hard at work on preparations for next year's campaign. We shared your high expectations coming into the past season and we recognize that they were not met. It is your unwavering support through both the ups and downs that keeps us fighting for the championship we all want so desperately. We always strive to make your experience at Lincoln Financial Field the best in the NFL and we will continue to work diligently in order to live up to the high standards we know you deserve.

Our time at Lincoln Financial Field has seen numerous achievements and has created great memories. While our ultimate goal remains elusive, we can't help but recall moments like 4th & 26 and the Miracle at the Meadowlands II and feel as though another unforgettable moment is around the corner. With stars such as LeSean McCoy, Michael Vick, Jason Babin and others, the foundation for excellence continues to exist. We look forward to sharing in many more victories and fully understand that your loyalty and support make that possible.

Online you will find your season ticket renewal invoice. A hard copy has been sent to you via U.S.P.S. mail. For the 2012 season, we are pleased to share that for the fourth consecutive year, there will be no increase in your season ticket pricing at Lincoln Financial Field. We are happy to offer the multiple-payment plan that allows you to make 50% of your payment by March 12, 2012. The final balance will be due on June 4, 2012. Payment options include credit card online through PhiladelphiaEagles.com, check or money order.

If you have any questions, please contact the Eagles ticket office team at 215-463-5500 or email us at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@LincolnFinancialField.com">tickets@LincolnFinancialField.com</a><!-- e -->

We thank you for your loyalty and devotion to the team and for being part of the most passionate fan base in the NFL. We can't wait to see you at Lehigh in July.

Sincerely,

probably shoudl take your name off that. just sayin
  • JK_Livin wrote:

it's called "Miracle AT THE MEADOWLANDS 2" - how could that be one of the Linc's memorable moments? :lol:

Maybe "football game postponed for 4 inches of snow"???

Sure. Please edit my name in your post.
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Februray 15, 2012

Dear ,

Sincerely,

probably shoudl take your name off that. just sayin
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    mike mayock thinks kuechly is a good fit for the birds:
    http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2012 ... #storyjump

Typically the answer is yes. Typically the answer is if both players are approximately equally ranked, then you'd probably want to go defensive tackle first.

You and I both know the Eagles have struggled at that inside linebacker position for a long time now.
    I think Kuechly is a special player, and I think Kuechly can help solidify what's happening on that defense. He's going to get everybody lined up in the right place. He's going to play well. I think he starts day one, and he helps really solidify what's going on upfront there.

Now, having said that, at 15, there could be two or three explosive defensive tackles sitting there. Jerel Worthy from Michigan State. I thought he threw around the Wisconsin offensive linemen. Those Wisconsin offensive linemen can play. And I thought he dominated the front of that game.

He doesn't play as often as I like, but he's got special abilities. This Donteri Poe from Memphis is 350 pounds. He's got a physical skill set that reminds me of Haloti Ngata. Don't think he's Haloti Ngata. He's that big and he's got those kind of movement skills. But he's so raw, it's scary. He might not make a tackle year one. You know what I mean? He's one of those guys.

If I'm the Eagles and Kuechly's there, that might be a slam dunk for me. I know what I'm getting and I'm plugging a huge hole.
    www.myspace.com
    cullen jenkins got his contract restructured. wants to remain a bird for the rest of his career. good news there.
    www.myspace.com
    r frank thinks birds resign djack in next week to 10 days...
    www.myspace.com
    http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/eagles-ta ... feedID=692

can you imagine if burfict continues to drop out of the first round and the eagles get both of these guys? :lol:

anyone following the combine at all?
    www.myspace.com
    2 weeks until Free Agency!!!!!! It's hard for me to get into all thr draft talk until after FA. I'm going to be hearing about 2 1st round picks and DeSean for RG3 for 2 months, Ugh.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    2 weeks until Free Agency!!!!!! It's hard for me to get into all thr draft talk until after FA. I'm going to be hearing about 2 1st round picks and DeSean for RG3 for 2 months, Ugh.

ha...yeah i know. i think all this rg3 talk is pretty ridiculous
    www.myspace.com
    http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/eagles-talk/post/Will-Eagles-look-to-draft-LBs-Kuechly-or?blockID=659020&feedID=692

can you imagine if burfict continues to drop out of the first round and the eagles get both of these guys? :lol:

i can't wait until the Birds draft an offensive or defensive lineman in the 1st round and see your heads exploding here. 8-) gonna be good entertainment
    pjhawks wrote:
    http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/eagles-talk/post/Will-Eagles-look-to-draft-LBs-Kuechly-or?blockID=659020&feedID=692

i can't wait until the Birds draft an offensive or defensive lineman in the 1st round and see your heads exploding here. 8-) gonna be good entertainment

you think they would draft an o lineman? the line actually came together pretty decently towards the end of the year.

d tackle i can see though...like this dontario poe cat from memphis. dude benched 225 44 times and ran a 4.98 second 40....and he's 6'4, 346 pds :o
    www.myspace.com
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    And he wants to sign it ASAP i read.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    pjhawks wrote:

you think they would draft an o lineman? the line actually came together pretty decently towards the end of the year.

d tackle i can see though...like this dontario poe cat from memphis. dude benched 225 44 times and ran a 4.98 second 40....and he's 6'4, 346 pds :o
    you shouldn't have won out b/c now the cowboys have the pick right in front of you and they sure need some help on the interior of the dline

if they trade him they'll probably do so prior to free agency to avoid losing any leverage right? i think he's staying.

plaxico too huh?
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

if they trade him they'll probably do so prior to free agency to avoid losing any leverage right? i think he's staying.

plaxico too huh?

Nice raise,eh ?

Our reviews are coming i wonder if I can pull that off from my boss..

:think:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717

plaxico too huh?

Burt reynolds after that?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

plaxico too huh?

i don't get the reference.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

plaxico too huh?

i don't get the reference.

MV5BMTI2Njg2OTQ5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjY5NDgyMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

plaxico too huh?
    DJack, Maclin,Plex,Celek and Shady would be nasty. Plex would make Vick a much better red zone qb right away. You have to double him inside the redzone or he'll kill u. One that happens Celek is open in the middle or Vick scrambles. I'd love Plex here on a 1yr 2-3 mill deal.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Don't get your hopes up Reid is still the coach

:lol:

oh fraud-ex..... :lol:

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2012 ... ud-charges

Freddie Mitchell hasn't had the greatest post-football career, but today things hit a new low. Fast Freddie faces federal tax fraud charges in connection with a scheme to get false tax returns from professional athletes.

The scheme was cooked up by two tax preparers who hired Mitchell to recruit former athletes. The idea was that the athletes would hire this firm to do their taxes and then the firm, without the athletes' knowledge, would file false returns and keep the refunds for themselves.

The alleged target was an athlete identified only as "A.G."

Frankly, I've always thought of Freddie as a kind of a cartoon character. Overly self absorbed, not incredibly smart, but ultimately harmless. This changes that though. If this is true, Freddie is a bad guy. A really bad guy that steals, manipulates and violates the trust of people he is supposed to be colleagues with. It's troubling to say the least.

If only mean old Donovan McNabb hadn't black-balled him from the league...
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.