THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    asante to the titans for a 3rd rounder might happen in the next few days....

could've gotten more last summer.
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I'll admit it, I'm a big fan of Asante. I love the swagger an attitude he brings to the field. What's this conditional 3rd round pick? Do the Titans have 2 3rd's next year and we get one depending on performance? I want a pick this year. KEEP ASANTE!!!!!!!!!!!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I'll admit it, I'm a big fan of Asante. I love the swagger an attitude he brings to the field. What's this conditional 3rd round pick? Do the Titans have 2 3rd's next year and we get one depending on performance? I want a pick this year. KEEP ASANTE!!!!!!!!!!!

inability to tackle aside ( :lol: ), i like him too. guy's a playmaker on a defense that didn't have many in the past few years. but with 3 solid corners now, one is expendable and he's it with his age and contract.

hindsight is 20-20 but, damn it, the eagles really screwed up on so many levels last year. they should have traded him last summer after acquiring namdi. read somewhere that they had a deal with the lions (i think it was the lions) pretty much done but backed off.

not sure what the deal is with the conditional 3rd.

draft's only a month away at this point.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I think it's funny that poe has so much helium. dude is going to be a bust.

stay away andy
    These mocks have players all over the place. I've seen Kuechly as high as 10 and as low as 32. Same with the DT's, they are everywhere.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    These mocks have players all over the place. I've seen Kuechly as high as 10 and as low as 32. Same with the DT's, they are everywhere.

yeah, those things are about as accurate as meteoroligists

I gave up predicting birds picks years ago. never know what they are gonna do.

I would stay away from keuchly and poe. hopefully they go defense, but you never know with them
    peters tore his achilles. out for season

looks like they will be taking an OT in round 1
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    The Fixer wrote:
    peters tore his achilles. out for season

looks like they will be taking an OT in round 1

How the hell do you rupture your achilles during a running session? Strange.
    absolutely crushing blow. peters is so good. this really sucks.
    www.myspace.com
    When I heard this I was literally sick to my stomach. It felt like I was kicked in the dick harder than I ever have been. He can't be replaced, one of the best in the game. He was key to the screens as well. My tickets will be up for sale. RIP Eagles 2012! There's always 2013. It fucking 5 months before the season starts....WTF!!! Grieving takes time. I have an entire year for it.

I hate to sound like this but if it wasn't for bad luck....
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    When I heard this I was literally sick to my stomach. It felt like I was kicked in the dick harder than I ever have been. He can't be replaced, one of the best in the game. He was key to the screens as well. My tickets will be up for sale. RIP Eagles 2012! There's always 2013. It fucking 5 months before the season starts....WTF!!! Grieving takes time. I have an entire year for it.

take a deep breath man... :lol:

at least it happened now when they still have a lot of time/options to fill his spot. but whoever they bring in will be a downgrade. sucks for the passing game...sucks for shady as they had a lot of success on that side of the line last year. sucks for evan mathis--peters made him look better than he really is. i think he will be exposed this year.

you can argue he's the 2nd best player on the team after shady. huge blow.

god damn it.
    www.myspace.com
    so looks like none of the o tackles that should be around when the birds pick are projected as starters in year 1 (according to mayock). hopefully they end up working out a deal with bell or marcus mcneil so they can focus on defense in a few weeks...
    www.myspace.com
    Eagles just signed Demetress Bell for 5 years. I'm feeling a little better about this but we'll miss Peters.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    JK_Livin wrote:

take a deep breath man... :lol:

at least it happened now when they still have a lot of time/options to fill his spot. but whoever they bring in will be a downgrade. sucks for the passing game...sucks for shady as they had a lot of success on that side of the line last year. sucks for evan mathis--peters made him look better than he really is. i think he will be exposed this year.

you can argue he's the 2nd best player on the team after shady. huge blow.

god damn it.
    do i need to bring out the eagle fan timeline again?
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Eagles just signed Demetress Bell for 5 years. I'm feeling a little better about this but we'll miss Peters.

yeah, agreed. 5 years is surprising. I guess they figure they can move herremans back inside when the beast gets healthy
    soooo apparently bell is karl malones son. when the mailman was 20 he impregnated a 13 year old, who happens to be bell's mother.

pretty disgusting. fucking animals
    The Fixer wrote:
    soooo apparently bell is karl malones son. when the mailman was 20 he impregnated a 13 year old, who happens to be bell's mother.

Yeah, how was there no jail time here?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:

best possible scenario. 5 years, though probably front loaded, i guess indicates the birds aren't confident that peters will ever return to form.

now we can get back to focusing on defense in a few weeks.
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    JK_Livin wrote:

best possible scenario. 5 years, though probably front loaded, i guess indicates the birds aren't confident that peters will ever return to form.

Like the signing as well and agree that we can now go back to what ever the original draft stradegy was. I have a feeling were trading up or down. i don't see them staying at 15.
    Go Birds!!!!
    JK_Livin wrote:

Like the signing as well and agree that we can now go back to what ever the original draft stradegy was. I have a feeling were trading up or down. i don't see them staying at 15.

well they do enjoy getting crafty on day 1. it's always fun.

3 weeks to go...
    www.myspace.com
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, how was there no jail time here?

My guess is that she didn't know who the father was. she sounds quite promiscuous.

gotta love the NFL/NBA backstories
    Kiper's latest mock has the birds taking fletcher cox. I'm fine with him. I think he and brockers are the best DTs in the draft. And I want no part of Poe. However he has Courtney Upshaw going to the jets the pick after the eagles. If the birds pass on upshaw I will be really upset. He is an absolute beast.
    makes sense now...

The Eagles say that they were interested in signing tackle Demetress Bell before Jason Peters was lost for the season, but the details of the contract make it seem like he’s being viewed as a one-year replacement for his predecessor at left tackle in both Buffalo and Philadelphia.

It’s a five-year deal between Bell and the Eagles, but, like many other long-term deals, the chances of Bell seeing the full run of the contract are pretty slim. Reuben Frank of CSNPhilly.com reports that the deal will pay Bell $3.25 million in salary and bonuses in 2012 with no guaranteed money beyond this season. Bell’s base salaries will be $1 million in 2013, $6 million in 2014, $7 million in 2015 and $8.35 million in 2016.

Those last three years are pricey, but the 2013 salary is misleading. Bell will be due a $8.5 million roster bonus before next season. The Eagles can guarantee that bonus at any point to spread the cap hit over the final four years of the deal, but it seems more likely that they would want to revisit the overall deal before taking that step.

The numbers aren’t totally out of line for an elite left tackle, but Bell hasn’t proven to be one of those to this point in his career. He’s had trouble staying healthy and would need to do that while playing at a very high level to even start the discussion of keeping him at those numbers.
    Well the schedule is out and I have them going 16-0 again. One of these years....... We play 4 teams coming of a bye week, seems fair. We play Dallas twice, both on short rest. One of them is @ Dallas the week after Thanksgiving when we are coming of a road Monday night game. That's seems reasonable. 3 prime time home games sucks as a ticket holder. 1pm every time all the time is the way to go. Indy has 15 1pm starts.

Did anyone actually watch the 3 hour show on the NFL network for this release?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Well the schedule is out and I have them going 16-0 again. One of these years....... We play 4 teams coming of a bye week, seems fair. We play Dallas twice, both on short rest. One of them is @ Dallas the week after Thanksgiving when we are coming of a road Monday night game. That's seems reasonable. 3 prime time home games sucks as a ticket holder. 1pm every time all the time is the way to go. Indy has 15 1pm starts.

agree on 1 pm starts. night games suck. it's lost it's luster. now they are just annoying. i guess except late season saturday night games. those i don't mind. sunday and monday nights suck.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Well the schedule is out and I have them going 16-0 again.

you must have forgotten who the qb is. I'll cut you a break and chalk it up to wishful thinking. I'm guilty of that too.

4 teams off a bye is ridiculous

I am looking forward to the draft. The overblown coverage from january to april drives me crazy, but the week before I don't mind it. Just wish it was still on saturday/sunday. the three day layout really sucks balls
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

agree on 1 pm starts. night games suck. it's lost it's luster. now they are just annoying. i guess except late season saturday night games. those i don't mind. sunday and monday nights suck.

I like sunday night because of collingsworth/michaels, but I agree for the most part. the prime time games are 4 hours long because we get 3 hours of commercials.
    I got some tickets to the Eagles draft party on Thursday night. Has anyone gone to one these before?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I got some tickets to the Eagles draft party on Thursday night. Has anyone gone to one these before?

nope. if it's at xfinity live make sure you're there though

anyone have a preference on who they pick? My order of preference...

Upshaw
    Coples
    Cox
    Brockers
    Baron
    Worthy

Don't want any part of Keuchly or Poe

I think they are taking Cox if they stay at 15. I'd also love to see them take a shot on russell wilson in the 4th or later. He's probably not a full time starter in the NFL, but I think he'd be a quality backup/spot starter
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
This discussion has been closed.