THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    pjhawks wrote:
    could be worse, could be a Jets fan who haven't won a title in over 30 years and could have knocked this giants team out of the playoffs.

How's that worse? They have WON a Super Bowl (that gets replayed constantly), and WE could've knocked the Giants out of the playoffs if we didn't have the WORST COACHING in football.

So, at one point one QB was 20-24 and the other was 20-26. I was thinking, a Michael Vick team would be getting blown the fuck out of this game. :twisted:

so you'd be satisfied that the eagles won a super bowl before you were born? come on dude that's insanity. the Jets have barely been relevant in 35 fucking years. much worse being a Jets fan than Eagles fan. much worse.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited February 2012
    pjhawks wrote:

the eagles defense was better than the giants in the regular season and i have made an argument to back that claim up. you, who keeps bringing this up, has said the giants defense was way better than the eagles in the regular season, without supporting that claim. are you going to do that now?

and nova does suck this year... :? what does that have to do with you being wrong about this point? :?

it was not . still can't admit it that you were wrong about the eagles and giants defense huh? i respect the stubborness but is it really hard to type those words...come on Juggler you can do it...type it 'i was wrong' :lol::lol::lol: teams wins the super bowl and guy still insists our atrocious defense was better...and i'm the one who makes wild claims :roll:

...explain to me how the giants defense was way better than the eagles defense then. you keep bringing this up but never explain your point. all you are doing is making a claim without supporting it.

just because they won the super bowl it doesn't mean they were world beaters for the last 5 months. you even pointed out that they were ranked last in rushing offense (due to injuries). well, they were also ranked 27th in total team defense (primarily due to injuries again).

did you think the st louis cardinals were a great team in the mlb regular season? :?

you should be better than this man.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Eagles had a defense? Your defense was aweful from what i saw. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

so was the giants defense for most of the regular season. both defenses were bad.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

How's that worse? They have WON a Super Bowl (that gets replayed constantly), and WE could've knocked the Giants out of the playoffs if we didn't have the WORST COACHING in football.

So, at one point one QB was 20-24 and the other was 20-26. I was thinking, a Michael Vick team would be getting blown the fuck out of this game. :twisted:

so you'd be satisfied that the eagles won a super bowl before you were born? come on dude that's insanity. the Jets have barely been relevant in 35 fucking years. much worse being a Jets fan than Eagles fan. much worse.

i don't get you pjhawks. this argument is like asking what's worse--getting pissed on for the last 40 years or shit on? :? it sucks being a fan of both teams.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

so was the giants defense for most of the regular season. both defenses were bad.

damn it...i will agree

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/bytea ... timeframe=

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

damn it...i will agree

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/bytea ... timeframe=

and he originally brought this up the day after the giants gave up 50 points and 600 yards to the saints. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

i don't get you pjhawks. this argument is like saying what's worse--getting pissed on for the last 40 years or shit on? :? it sucks being a fan of both teams.

uhh he asked how it was worse...i answered him. didn't say either was a good scenario but fact is it has been way better to be an eagles fan in the andy era than a jets fan for the past 35 or so years.
  • pjhawks wrote:

Give me a fucking break. It sucks either way. But Eagles fans sit around and watch their division rivals win Super Bowl after Super Bowl, even in years when we go 5-1 vs. the goddam division but miss the playoffs because our coaching fucked up so many other games. And yeah, it blows that your last championship was BEFORE there was a Super Bowl. We're lucky that game was even broadcast in color.

Let's just say it sucks equally to be a Jets fan or Eagles fan.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

i don't get you pjhawks. this argument is like saying what's worse--getting pissed on for the last 40 years or shit on? :? it sucks being a fan of both teams.

uhh he asked how it was worse...i answered him. didn't say either was a good scenario but fact is it has been way better to be an eagles fan in the andy era than a jets fan for the past 35 or so years.

it has officially gotten as bad as it gets to be an eagles fan.

good god.
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Got Championships? Eagles got 3!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin wrote:

STEVE VAN BUREN! FUCK YEAH!!! We DOMINATED the Truman administration.

Sorry about all the capitals today - these were obviously in jest. ;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    JK_Livin wrote:

Sorry about all the capitals today - these were obviously in jest. ;)

frankly, i'm a little offended.

www.myspace.com
    edited February 2012
    81 wrote:

and he originally brought this up the day after the giants gave up 50 points and 600 yards to the saints. :lol:

exactly my point. basing the giants defense on sucking after playing the QB who had the greatest passing yardage in the history of the NFL is moronic. and yet you try to use that FOR your argument. how rodiculous can you get
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    JK_Livin wrote:

and LaSalle has one from the 1950s or so... johnny thinks you should be thrilled about that. it's funny he wants reid fired for not winning recently...but is happy the jets one won before he was born. bipolar disorder
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:

exactly my point dbag. basing the giants defense on sucking after playing the QB who had the greatest passing yardage in the history of the NFL is fucking moronic. and yet you try to use that FOR your argument. how fucking ridiculous can you get....assclown

d bag? come on man. i bring that up to illustrate the point that you don't watch these games. it was ironic timing. i love irony. sue me.

but i then pointed out how bad they were for the entire season and you had nothing to say other than to call me a "d bag."

by the way, you are in your mid 40's calling someone a "d bag." classy.

if you can't argue your point, maybe you should stop bringing it up. :eh:
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

and LaSalle has one from the 1950s or so... johnny thinks you should be thrilled about that. it's funny he wants reid fired for not winning recently...but is happy the jets one won before he was born. bipolar disorder

That's 1954 buddy :D and runner-up to Bill Russell and the San Francisco Dons in 1955. Tom Gola is still the All-time NCAA leading rebounder. So there's all that good stuff I have going for me :oops:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

It's better to be a Flyers fan than an Eagles fan since those 2 Cups were at least fairly fresh when I was a kid. That Van Brocklin game was already ancient history. There were HBO specials about the Broad St Bullies and Broadway Joe the past year or 2, but nothing about Steve Van Buren or Norm Van Brocklin. But like I said, it's a shit show for fans of all of these teams.

d bag? come on man. i bring that up to illustrate the point that you don't watch these games. it was ironic timing. i love irony. sue me.

but i then pointed out how bad they were for the entire season and you had nothing to say other than to call me a "d bag."

'

you are right it's not classy and i will edit it out of the post because i'm better than that. yout got me like fixer has gotten me in the past. i don't get never admitting you are wrong. it's a bigger weakness in failing to admit you are wrong than actually being wrong. the world won't end if you admit on the internet you were wrong. why is it so hard?

and to further the point the giants D played against Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers in the regular season and the Eagles did not. don't you think that skews the stats a a bit...or a lot?
    pjhawks wrote:

'

you are right it's not classy and i will edit it out of the post because i'm better than that. yout got me like fixer has gotten me in the past. i don't get never admitting you are wrong. it's a bigger weakness in failing to admit you are wrong than actually being wrong. the world won't end if you admit on the internet you were wrong. why is it so hard?

and to further the point the giants D played against Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers in the regular season and the Eagles did not. don't you think that skews the stats a a bit...or a lot?

it's not about admitting i am wrong. it's that i think i am right and you have not proved me wrong. yet you are the one who keeps bringing this up for some reason.

sure that would skew things a little. but they also lost to qb's like tavaris jackson, rex grossmann, and vince young. they were not a very good defensive team until they got healthy at the end of the year (after our initial discussion).
    www.myspace.com
    so looks like desean will be franchised.

smart.

they'll either keep him (i can't understand people who are not able to see the difference he's made in this offense since 2008) or get something for him in a trade.
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453

smart.

they'll either keep him (i can't understand people who are not able to see the difference he's made in this offense since 2008) or get something for him in a trade.

I don't think it's smart at all. He's a deep threat and nothing more. Do you really think he'll be happy all season with the franchise tag? Why not go out and get a Dwayne Bowe to compliment your best receiver(Maclin)?
    crazypjfan wrote:

smart.

I don't think it's smart at all. He's a deep threat and nothing more. Do you really think he'll be happy all season with the franchise tag? Why not go out and get a Dwayne Bowe to compliment your best receiver(Maclin)?

yeah he'll be a lot happier than he was this year (he'd be getting a 9 million dollar raise-with a long term deal an off season away)...that's if they don't extend him.

and they will obtain another wideout if they trade him. why would it be smarter to let him leave for nothing?
    www.myspace.com
    crazypjfan wrote:

smart.

yeah he'll be a lot happier than he was this year.

and they will obtain another wideout if they trade him. why would it be smarter to let him leave for nothing?

No, I was talking about getting someone like Bowe in a trade. I think that would be their best option but they can't just let him go. He may be happier with the $10 mil(is that the franchise salary?) so it may work out but it would be nice to see them FINALLY pick up a solid #1 receiver with some size. That's all.
    crazypjfan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

yeah he'll be a lot happier than he was this year.

No, I was talking about getting someone like Bowe in a trade. I think that would be their best option but they can't just let him go. He may be happier with the $10 mil(is that the franchise salary?) so it may work out but it would be nice to see them FINALLY pick up a solid #1 receiver with some size. That's all.

how has having #1 receiver's with size worked out for the cowboys? ;)

i love his deep threat. one of the fastest guys in the league and it opens things up for mccoy. without the eagles committing to a power rushing attack, you need to stretch the defense like that.
    www.myspace.com

how has having #1 receiver's with size worked out for the cowboys? ;)

i love his deep threat. one of the fastest guys in the league and it opens things up for mccoy. without the eagles committing to a power rushing attack, you need to stretch the defense like that.

TO played great while with the cowboys(of course his character sucked). However, he didnt have a good compliment like a Maclin. I just think teams need to look at the combo a little more to give them more of a diverse passing attack. Also, getting a physical guy with some speed can help spread the field even more.

It's 4th and 6 and you have one play to keep your season alive. Maclin and Bowe? Maclin and Jax?

Even if Jax gets the franchise, they can still revoke this and trade him, right?
    crazypjfan wrote:

smart.

without jackson on the outside Maclin would not be nearly as effective. Jackson takes so much of the defensive attention away from anyone else because his home run threat.
    pjhawks wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

smart.

without jackson on the outside Maclin would not be nearly as effective. Jackson takes so much of the defensive attention away from anyone else because his home run threat.

I'm not sure I buy that. Put a corner that can keep up with Jackson or bring some help over the top. These guys had almost the same season and I think Maclin is the more complete receiver. What good is a home run threat if that's Jackson's only strongpoint and teams know it?
    crazypjfan wrote:
    I'm not sure I buy that. Put a corner that can keep up with Jackson or bring some help over the top. These guys had almost the same season and I think Maclin is the more complete receiver. What good is a home run threat if that's Jackson's only strongpoint and teams know it?

there isn't a corner alive who can stay one-on-one downfield with jackson. the point of the home run threat is that it must be covered on every play by a corner and safety usually. 2 guys out of the defense every play just because jackson is in there. take away the home run threat that is jackson and maclin is double teamed over the middle instead. just back back to the pre-TO days in Philly for what happens to receivers when there is no home run threat on the team.

the offense with vick jackson macklin and mccoy is as good as any if vick can stay healthy and cut down on the turnovers. even with an average season at best out of vick and jackson the offense was still fine this past year.
    pjhawks wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

there isn't a corner alive who can stay one-on-one downfield with jackson. the point of the home run threat is that it must be covered on every play by a corner and safety usually. 2 guys out of the defense every play just because jackson is in there. take away the home run threat that is jackson and maclin is double teamed over the middle instead. just back back to the pre-TO days in Philly for what happens to receivers when there is no home run threat on the team.

the offense with vick jackson macklin and mccoy is as good as any if vick can stay healthy and cut down on the turnovers. even with an average season at best out of vick and jackson the offense was still fine this past year.

You would still need 2 guys to cover a true no. 1 like Bowe, no?

Here ya go: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ming-back/
This discussion has been closed.