THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    **they are actually tied with the falcons for 11th with 8.8 wins per year. so of 31 teams they are a little above the middle of the pack. the titans are right below them at 8.3 wins per year followed by the broncos at 8.14. not the kind of company a team with championship aspirations wants to keep (and by the way, when there are 16 games in the season and you are winning slightly above half of them--how's that not mediocre? :lol: )

andy reid's teams used to be compared to the steelers, colts, and pats as one of the best teams in the league. now over the past 7 years we are 3rd in our own division (of 4 teams) behind the giants and cowboys in avg wins per year.

**in the entire nfl, they are one of only 4 teams to see a steady decline in wins in each of the last 3 seasons. this is most disturbing.

**of the 22 teams who have won at least one playoff game since the '04 season the eagles rank right in the middle, 11th in total wins (a whopping 3)....none coming in the last 3 seasons obviously.

so when putting things into perspective, yes, absolutely yes, these last 7 seasons have been mediocre--and these last 3 have been a steady decline.

and again--yeah the giants defense was lousy all season long. giants fans even told you so much a couple weeks ago. you still have not made an argument to defend them.

the cardinals weren't world beaters in mlb last year were they? no they weren't. they were a slightly above average team who got hot at the absolute right time. they are the equivalent of the ny giants in the nfl.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    **they are actually tied with the falcons for 11th with 8.8 wins per year. so of 31 teams they are a little above the middle of the pack. the titans are right below them at 8.3 wins per year followed by the broncos at 8.14. not the kind of company a team with championship aspirations wants to keep (and by the way, when there are 16 games in the season and you are winning slightly above half of them--how's that not mediocre? :lol: )

andy reid's teams used to be compared to the steelers, colts, and pats as one of the best teams in the league. now over the past 7 years we are 3rd in our own division (of 4 teams) behind the giants and cowboys in avg wins per year.

**in the entire nfl, they are one of only 4 teams to see a steady decline in wins in each of the last 3 seasons. this is most disturbing.

**of the 22 teams who have won at least one playoff game since the '04 season the eagles rank right in the middle, 11th in total wins (a whopping 3)....none coming in the last 3 seasons obviously.

so when putting things into perspective, yes, absolutely yes, these last 7 seasons have been mediocre--and these last 3 have been a steady decline.

and again--yeah the giants defense was lousy all season long. giants fans even told you so much a couple weeks ago. you still have not made an argument to defend them.

the cardinals weren't world beaters in mlb last year were they? no they weren't. they were a slightly above average team who got hot at the absolute right time. they are the equivalent of the ny giants in the nfl.

you run around in circles here. you talk about being mediocre is not good enough but final statement is mediocre is ok because you can get hot and win. i don't understand.

i'll say it again...we need better players. andy didn't get dumber since 2004, the players got worse.

i guess we can always go back to the marion campbell, rich kotite and ray rhodes era's where we had 0% chance of winning divisions and playoff games. i'll take my shot next year.

either way i was just presenting the numbers here as i said i would. cleary we agree to disagree on what the numbers mean and how the franchise should react in the immediate terms to said numbers.
  • pjhawks wrote:
    and i'm not sure the 'he can't win a super bowl' theory. he was 'this' close in a game that the other coach was convicted of cheating in so i don't buy that. give him the right players and right situation he surely could win one.

He is in charge of picking the players, which is a huge part of the problem.

His early career great seasons were largely with players drafted by the previous administration, at least on defense, which was the signature of the team.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I think this thread should be buried until 3/13 4pm when free agency starts. It's like beating a dead horse. Or you can just carry on as usual.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    pjhawks wrote:
    and i'm not sure the 'he can't win a super bowl' theory. he was 'this' close in a game that the other coach was convicted of cheating in so i don't buy that. give him the right players and right situation he surely could win one.

He is in charge of picking the players, which is a huge part of the problem.

His early career great seasons were largely with players drafted by the previous administration, at least on defense, which was the signature of the team.

i would have no problem taking away the player personnel aspect from Reid although i honestly don't think he does a whole lot of that anymore. he doesn't even go to the college all-star games anymore. But Roseman doesn't inspire any confidence either.
    pjhawks wrote:

you run around in circles here. you talk about being mediocre is not good enough but final statement is mediocre is ok because you can get hot and win. i don't understand.

i'll say it again...we need better players. andy didn't get dumber since 2004, the players got worse.

i guess we can always go back to the marion campbell, rich kotite and ray rhodes era's where we had 0% chance of winning divisions and playoff games. i'll take my shot next year.

either way i was just presenting the numbers here as i said i would. cleary we agree to disagree on what the numbers mean and how the franchise should react in the immediate terms to said numbers.

how am i going back in circles? any team can get hot and win in any given year. it's obviously not an ideal way of building a championship team though. it just happens sometimes in parity driven sports leagues (except here :x ).

andy has final say on all the players. his bad defensive drafting is one of the other reasons why i think he should have been let go. thanks for pointing that out.

yes, let's go back to the kotite and marion campbell years. that's what we should do :lol: that's a loser's mentality that i do not subscribe too. don't be so afraid of change man. sometimes it's best for both parties to make a change. i think we've reached that point. hope i'm wrong....but these numbers we've discussed over the last 7 years hardly inspire confidence.
    www.myspace.com
    congrats to shady. great year.
    www.myspace.com
    eagles have the 4th best odds at winning the super bowl next year... :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • eagles have the 4th best odds at winning the super bowl next year... :lol:

Once Vegas saw they kept Juan odds improved

:roll:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    eagles have the 4th best odds at winning the super bowl next year... :lol:

haha....to me this further emphasizes the awful coaching job we saw this year. pressure's on next season yet again.
    www.myspace.com
  • eagles have the 4th best odds at winning the super bowl next year... :lol:

haha....to me this further emphasizes the awful coaching job we saw this year. pressure's on next season yet again.

I agree

The only scenario for Reid to come back would be a SB appearance I think

I agree

The only scenario for Reid to come back would be a SB appearance I think

they will start off 5-2 and he'll get a 10 year extension....then lose in the wildcard round. :o:lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • I'll be on the Ben ready to jump

:lol:

so tom coughlin's job is seemingly on the line every year and he's got 2 super bowl championships...meanwhile andy reid has the safest job in all of the nfl. :lol:

god it's tough being a birds fan...
    www.myspace.com
    so tom coughlin's job is seemingly on the line every year and he's got 2 super bowl championships...meanwhile andy reid has the safest job in all of the nfl. :lol:

god it's tough being a birds fan...

do you find the following items interesting? i sure do....

the worst running team in the NFL has been in 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls and this year's worst won the title. yet eagles fans love to blame andy for not running the ball. as i have been saying for 2 years now running the ball in the NFL is irrelevant anymore...run the ball for 1st downs, pass to score.

and your favorite scumbag coach has not won a title since being caught cheating against the eagles...hmmmmmmm

bellichick no titles in 7 years with Tom Brady...long time without a title with the greatest qb of all time.

could be worse, could be a Jets fan who haven't won a title in over 30 years and could have knocked this
    giants team out of the playoffs.

Giants have won 2 titles in 4 years with no home games. pretty incredible.

and did anyone find the crowd to be the like the quietest ever for a super bowl? not sure if it was NBC's microphones, a fairly boring 3.5 quarters or what but seemed like the crowd was dead for most of the night.
    what are the 2 main reasons they giants went on their championship run?

1-getting ahmed bradshaw back and healthy and re-establishing their running game.
    2- getting their defense healthy.

an injury prone defense and lack of running game is what lead them to a very average 9-7 regular season record. the fact that these 2 aspects improved dramatically, along with eli and a coach who the players both fear and respect, is why they are champions again.

also...even with the injury, the giants had a 59/41 pass/run ratio this year. pretty much perfect in my book. nobody will ever, ever, consistently pass the ball over 80% of the time like you want. watch the arena league for that nonsense. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    oh, and the super bowl champions ran the ball... 28 times yesterday.

so they ran the ball for first downs, touchdowns, and a super bowl championship.

www.myspace.com

1-getting ahmed bradshaw back and healthy and re-establishing their running game.

an injury prone defense and lack of running game is what lead them to a very average 9-7 regular season record. the fact that these 2 aspects improved dramatically, along with eli and a coach who the players both fear and respect, is why they are champions again.

also...even with the injury, the giants had a 59/41 pass/run ratio this year. pretty much perfect in my book. nobody will ever, ever, consistently pass the ball over 80% of the time like you want. watch the arena league for that nonsense. :lol:

i thought they ran the ball way too much in the 1st half last night. dominated the 1st half and were losing mostly because you can't score running the ball down the field. pats defensive backs aren't very good and giants kept running. pats defensive coaches had to be happy giants insisted on running that much.
  • I'm pretty sure the Giants beat the Falcons in NY

Last I checked that's a home game unless Atl moved recently

so they ran the ball for first downs, touchdowns, and a super bowl championship.

nothing about the cheating coach who you seem to idolize not winning a title since convicted and not winning in 7 years?

and what about the giants coach (who i like) and QB using 2 timeouts early in the 4th quarter. awful...even though they won.

and one of the reasons they won is because Tom Brady missed a wide open wes welker to seal the game. one of the worst passes brady has thrown.
    pjhawks wrote:

i thought they ran the ball way too much in the 1st half last night. dominated the 1st half and were losing mostly because you can't score running the ball down the field. pats defensive backs aren't very good and giants kept running. pats defensive coaches had to be happy giants insisted on running that much.

nope. they ran the ball and kept the ball out of tom brady's hands like the first time they beat them. smart football. literally, championship football. :roll: :lol:

check the time of possession (or you could just refer to the 13 other times you've attempted to make this argument and lost). you don't want to get into a shoot out with the patriots.

the giants played smart and won a super bowl. if they played dumb and attempted a shootout they would not be world champions.
    www.myspace.com
    I'm pretty sure the Giants beat the Falcons in NY

he doesn't watch the games. he looks at box scores and tries, poorly, to make arguments based on them.
    www.myspace.com

duh you are right. i forgot about that game this year. they've beaten a 16-0 team 4 years ago in road/ 15-1, 13-3 and 13-3 teams this year in road/neutral games. pretty damn impressvie.
    pjhawks wrote:

nothing about the cheating coach who you seem to idolize not winning a title since convicted and not winning in 7 years?

and what about the giants coach (who i like) and QB using 2 timeouts early in the 4th quarter. awful...even though they won.

and one of the reasons they won is because Tom Brady missed a wide open wes welker to seal the game. one of the worst passes brady has thrown.

what about him? he's still made 2 more super bowls and won countless more playoff and regular season games than andy reid has in the same time frame. what's your point here?

yeah, bad time outs. what's your point?

welker should have caught that one.

there. all of your points have been addressed. happy? :? :lol:
    www.myspace.com

he doesn't watch the games. he looks at box scores and tries, poorly, to make arguments based on them.

no Juggler that's called admitting a mistake. i know you can't do that. eagles defense better than giants right? nova doesn't suck right? any others you fail to admit?
    pjhawks wrote:

no Juggler that's called admitting a mistake. i know you can't do that. eagles defense better than giants right? nova doesn't suck right? any others you fail to admit?

the eagles defense was better than the giants in the regular season and i have made an argument to back that claim up. you, who keeps bringing this up, has said the giants defense was way better than the eagles in the regular season, without supporting that claim. are you going to do that now?

and nova does suck this year... :? what does that have to do with you being wrong about this point? :?
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawks wrote:
    could be worse, could be a Jets fan who haven't won a title in over 30 years and could have knocked this giants team out of the playoffs.

How's that worse? They have WON a Super Bowl (that gets replayed constantly), and WE could've knocked the Giants out of the playoffs if we didn't have the WORST COACHING in football.

So, at one point one QB was 20-24 and the other was 20-26. I was thinking, a Michael Vick team would be getting blown the fuck out of this game. :twisted:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • he doesn't watch the games.

It would be hard to believe he does. Kind of like Jeffrey Lurie.

he doesn't watch the games.

It would be hard to believe he does. Kind of like Jeffrey Lurie.

he thinks i'm kidding, but this guy would LOVE arena league football.
    www.myspace.com

the eagles defense was better than the giants in the regular season and i have made an argument to back that claim up. you, who keeps bringing this up, has said the giants defense was way better than the eagles in the regular season, without supporting that claim. are you going to do that now?

and nova does suck this year... :? what does that have to do with you being wrong about this point? :?

it was not . still can't admit it that you were wrong about the eagles and giants defense huh? i respect the stubborness but is it really hard to type those words...come on Juggler you can do it...type it 'i was wrong' :lol::lol::lol: teams wins the super bowl and guy still insists our atrocious defense was better...and i'm the one who makes wild claims :roll:
This discussion has been closed.