THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    JK_Livin wrote:
    This team and organization are a complete mess. Why would Spags want to come here? The Broncos DC wouldn't come here last year because of the Washburn hire. Washburn may have to go. Wide nine don't work.

how is the team and organization a mess? they have the same 3 people in charge that have been here for 14 years. stability is not a mess even if you believe it's time for a change. a mess is the oakland raiders having 7 coaches in 10 years. eagles fans have no perspective.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    JK_Livin wrote:
    This team and organization are a complete mess. Why would Spags want to come here? The Broncos DC wouldn't come here last year because of the Washburn hire. Washburn may have to go. Wide nine don't work.

yeah washburn would probably go if spags came here...but then you'd have to be concerend about jason babin's production next year playing in a non wide 9 scheme. he looks real average when not in washburn's defense. that is definitely an issue.

the wide 9 does work if you have competent linebackers. so after hiring washburn (before hiring the d coordinator--which was ridiculous) you'd have thought andy reid would have gone out and gotten a lb... :?

i could see spags landing in new orleans now that williams is in st louis with jeff fischer...
    www.myspace.com
    kiper's first mock draft is out and has the birds taking kuechly. pretty sure that would be the first time in my lieftime they would take linebacker in the first round :lol: ...guy's a beast. i've heard some say he has some difficulty getting off blocks because he's not really that big. but he won the butkus award and those winners are usually monsters in the nfl.

kiper:
    The Eagles were really weak up the middle in 2011, and Kuechly is the top interior linebacker available in the draft. Since Brian Dawkins departed, safety has also been a perpetual question mark, so I could see that being considered here. But in Kuechly you get a player who can fill a massive void in the defense. He's a guy who can come in and start immediately; he's got exceptional instincts, is a very good athlete, demonstrates great form and can fly around making tackles in the middle of the field. He's just a machine. Last year, few teams were forced to utilize lesser talent at linebacker than Philly, and Kuechly can help fix that problem.
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    kiper's first mock draft is out and has the birds taking kuechly. pretty sure that would be the first time in my lieftime they would take linebacker in the first round :lol: ...guy's a beast. i've heard some say he has some difficulty getting off blocks because he's not really that big. but he won the butkus award and those winners are usually monsters in the nfl.

kiper:
    The Eagles were really weak up the middle in 2011, and Kuechly is the top interior linebacker available in the draft. Since Brian Dawkins departed, safety has also been a perpetual question mark, so I could see that being considered here. But in Kuechly you get a player who can fill a massive void in the defense. He's a guy who can come in and start immediately; he's got exceptional instincts, is a very good athlete, demonstrates great form and can fly around making tackles in the middle of the field. He's just a machine. Last year, few teams were forced to utilize lesser talent at linebacker than Philly, and Kuechly can help fix that problem.
    LB :lol:
    I think Reid just throws a dart to make his draft decisions.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:

kiper:
    LB :lol:
    I think Reid just throws a dart to make his draft decisions.

and this is such a critical draft for this franchise. he's given me no hope in the last decade that he can properly draft defensive players. gotta hope they bring spags in here...
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    New Jersey Assemblyman Calls Eagles “Gaybirds,” Quickly Recants

The playoffs can bring out the worst in die-hard fans. Ok, for Philly, the regular season and preseason can too. But a New Jersey state assemblyman seems to have let his passion for the Giants cloud his better judgement.

North Jersey assemblyman Charles Mainor is currently playing the apology game for (gay) bashing the Eagles in recent a Facebook post. Will politicians ever learn to stay off Facebook?

Mainor, in true Giants-fan etiquette, broadcasted this little zinger on his Facebook page:

“We are not going to just lay down, we come to play. Who the hell do you think we are the DALLAS COWGIRLS OR THOSE GAYBIRDS FROM PHILLY . . . NO WE ARE THE NEW YORK GIANTS.”

While Mainor claimed a “friend” placed the “gaybirds” bit into the post, the assemblyman soon recanted, stating that, “”I have very, very close relatives who are gay. I have nothing against them. I’m far from that.”

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Spagnuola to New Orleans. So that's out....

unreal...i don't see any way they can justify keeping the status quo.

it's almost...insulting :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
    Go Birds!!!!

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Reid is smarter than everyone its fine..

:roll:

i have no idea what is going on within this organization right now....

http://eaglesbloggerroom.blogspot.com/2 ... scles.html

Andy Reid flexes his muscles
    The relationship between the Eagles' front office and head coach Andy Reid has hit another ugly low.

Steve Spagnuolo's decision to accept the defensive coordinator job with the New Orleans Saints is the latest smoking gun.

Spagnuolo and Reid are represented by super agent Bob LaMonte. If Spags sees more opportunity in the French Quarter it's because Reid told him exactly how difficult it is working at One NovaCare Way these days. If the Eagles didn't pitch the job to Spags, whoever said no should be summarily fired.

Who Reid has on his staff is his prerogative. Unless the Eagles over-achieve in 2012 his loyalty to first-year defensive coordinator Juan Castillo, who struggled last season, will cost him his job.

Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie made it clear just days after the season ended without a playoff berth that Reid's coaching and the performance of the team were unacceptable.

At a bizarre news conference Lurie reamed Reid out on a level that made you believe he was going to ax Big Red. Moments later the owner did a 360 and said he would keep Reid for 2012.

Sounding detached, Lurie openly questioned Reid's decision to switch Castillo from the offensive line to defensive coordinator. Lurie indicated Castillo may not have been in a position to succeed.

It was embarrassing for all.

Meanwhile the Eagles put Reid's end of season news conference on hold until the coaching situation was squared away. Oh, and Johnnie Lynn was axed as defensive backs coach to open the door to bring in a defensive authority like Spagnuolo, who, knowing Reid and having the same agent obviously wasn't interested.

Did we mention that offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg is bailing? He's interviewing for a head coaching position in Oakland.

What's clear is the Eagles are at odds internally, Reid is a lame duck and the 2012 campaign only is delaying the inevitable - the end of the most successful era in the modern history of the franchise.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427

The relationship between the Eagles' front office and head coach Andy Reid has hit another ugly low.

Steve Spagnuolo's decision to accept the defensive coordinator job with the New Orleans Saints is the latest smoking gun.

Spagnuolo and Reid are represented by super agent Bob LaMonte. If Spags sees more opportunity in the French Quarter it's because Reid told him exactly how difficult it is working at One NovaCare Way these days. If the Eagles didn't pitch the job to Spags, whoever said no should be summarily fired.

Who Reid has on his staff is his prerogative. Unless the Eagles over-achieve in 2012 his loyalty to first-year defensive coordinator Juan Castillo, who struggled last season, will cost him his job.

Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie made it clear just days after the season ended without a playoff berth that Reid's coaching and the performance of the team were unacceptable.

At a bizarre news conference Lurie reamed Reid out on a level that made you believe he was going to ax Big Red. Moments later the owner did a 360 and said he would keep Reid for 2012.

Sounding detached, Lurie openly questioned Reid's decision to switch Castillo from the offensive line to defensive coordinator. Lurie indicated Castillo may not have been in a position to succeed.

Meanwhile the Eagles put Reid's end of season news conference on hold until the coaching situation was squared away. Oh, and Johnnie Lynn was axed as defensive backs coach to open the door to bring in a defensive authority like Spagnuolo, who, knowing Reid and having the same agent obviously wasn't interested.

Did we mention that offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg is bailing? He's interviewing for a head coaching position in Oakland.

What's clear is the Eagles are at odds internally, Reid is a lame duck and the 2012 campaign only is delaying the inevitable - the end of the most successful era in the modern history of the franchise.

how is interviewing for head coaching jobs 'bailing'? guy loses credibility with that statement.

and maybe it's not reid's fault spags doesn't want to come here but actually the media and fans who want to run reid out of town...why would spags join a sinking ship? maybe he wanted off faster than the italian cruise ship captain (too soon???)
    pjhawks wrote:

how is interviewing for head coaching jobs 'bailing'? guy loses credibility with that statement.

and maybe it's not reid's fault spags doesn't want to come here but actually the media and fans who want to run reid out of town...why would spags join a sinking ship? maybe he wanted off faster than the italian cruise ship captain (too soon???)

I'm pretty sure its Reid's results over the last 7 seasons thats running him out of town not the fans or media

:roll:

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    How many 7th rd picks do we have? We really need some new LB's next year :lol:

It would be nice if Andy spoke. I don't have a problem with his press conferences. His tone at times could be better but if he's holding info back to help the team, that's fine with me. The players like that about him.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    How many 7th rd picks do we have? We really need some new LB's next year :lol:

It would be nice if Andy spoke. I don't have a problem with his press conferences. His tone at times could be better but if he's holding info back to help the team, that's fine with me. The players like that about him.

his silence is pretty weird.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

kiper:

gotta love eagles fans. they bitch and cry because the eagles LBs are too small, then they back a pick like this.

as for butkus award winners...saying they are usually good is funny. Percy Snow is the first one that comes to my mind from when I used to be into football cards. Here's a list of past winners. Not many 'monsters' on this list :lol:

http://www.thebutkusaward.com/thebutkus ... nners.aspx

Eagles would be much better off waiting to the 2nd and taking hightower (the better player) than they would wasting a pick on kuechly

butkus award. hahaha. thanks for the laugh
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    The Fixer wrote:

kiper:

gotta love eagles fans. they bitch and cry because the eagles LBs are too small, then they back a pick like this.

as for butkus award winners...saying they are usually good is funny. Percy Snow is the first one that comes to my mind from when I used to be into football cards. Here's a list of past winners. Not many 'monsters' on this list :lol:

Eagles would be much better off waiting to the 2nd and taking hightower (the better player) than they would wasting a pick on kuechly

Yeah, I think the Butkus award and mock drafts are bullshit. mock drafts change 14,000 times before the draft and even more so when the combine starts. Why waste your breathe?

Butkus award :lol:

Good thing Jiggles isn't running your team :lol:
    He can't do any worse than Reid

crazypjfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

kiper:

Yeah, I think the Butkus award and mock drafts are bullshit. mock drafts change 14,000 times before the draft and even more so when the combine starts. Why waste your breathe?

Butkus award :lol:

Good thing Jiggles isn't running your team :lol:

percy snow....haha. that is funny.

vonn miller won the butkis last year. i think he's pretty good.

eagles fans "bitch and cry, " for good reason, not just because their linebackers are small, but because just about everyone that andy reid has brought in has been dreadful. dreadful.

i acknowledged that kuechly was not very big in my post...being a first round talent, perhaps he's a much better version of the kind of guy reid normally drafts in the 5th or 6th round.

after a decade and a half, maybe he'll get it right.
    www.myspace.com
    adam shefter is saying the cardinals will pursue peyton manning if the colts let him go before his huge bonus kicks in in march.

poor kolber :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    adam shefter is saying the cardinals will pursue peyton manning if the colts let him go before his huge bonus kicks in in march.

eagles should go after him. they are desparate for a QB

at best keuchly is zach thomas. you don't take a guy like that in the top 20
    The Fixer wrote:

eagles should go after him. they are desparate for a QB

at best keuchly is zach thomas. you don't take a guy like that in the top 20

7 time pro bowler zack thomas? considering the slop andy reid has drafted over the years i don't think i would mind that kind of production.

by the way i never said i wanted the birds to take keuchly. i was just mentioning that that's where he was in kiper's mock draft. not sure i would be opposed to him though. long way to go before april.

seeing as how the cardinals are desperate to replace kevin kold a mere 6 months after giving up drc and a 2nd round pick for him, not sure i'd want him back.

love that trade :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    edited January 2012
    using pro bowls to evaluate players = fail

annually the most meaningless pro sports game. 50 players drop out each year. awesome

again, zach thomas was a good player, but you don't take him with a top 20 pick
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    The Fixer wrote:

annually the most meaningless pro sports game. 50 players drop out each year. awesome

he was also a 5x all pro selection and made the all decade team. he was voted nfl linebacker of the year twice. zack thomas was great in his day.

point is you could have used a better example. i'd take zack thomas over any of the linebackers andy reid has brought in here any day of the week.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

using nothing to evaluate players = not knowing what you're talking about.

he was also a 5x all pro selection and made the all decade team. he was voted nfl linebacker of the year twice. zack thomas was great in his day.

point is you could have used a better example. i'd take zack thomas over any of the linebackers andy reid has brought in here any day of the week.

did he win the butkus award?

you don't take a guy like that in the top 20

I love your responses when you say something dumb (happens often)
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

using nothing to evaluate players = not knowing what you're talking about.

did he win the butkus award?

you don't take a guy like that in the top 20

I love your responses when you say something dumb (happens often)

i think dumb is not realizing that zack thomas was a great player. he'll probably get some consideration for the hall of fame. i dunno...

also multiple mocks have kuechly going in the top 20 and he's projected as the best lb right now. but there's a long way to go until andy reid finds a way to mess up the pick :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    I never said thomas wasn't a good player. I said keuchly turns into that type of player (undersized MLB) in a best case scenario (meaning it most likely doesn't happen)...and that's not a type of guy you take in the top 20.

yeah, mock drafts...and pro bowls...and butkus awards. right :roll: .

but I'm sure you will pretend like you have been watching kuechly for years. because that's what you do. pretend
    The Fixer wrote:
    I never said thomas wasn't a good player. I said keuchly turns into that type of player (undersized MLB) in a best case scenario (meaning it most likely doesn't happen)...and that's not a type of guy you take in the top 20.

yeah, mock drafts...and pro bowls...and butkus awards. right :roll: .

but I'm sure you will pretend like you have been watching kuechly for years. because that's what you do. pretend

be nice if you could disagree with someone without resorting to insults. it's part the maturation process most people normally achieve in their teenage years.
    www.myspace.com
    andy reid's teams never quit on him and usually get better throughout the course of the year (as reid supporters love to say). but their season usually ends in early january.

tom coughlin's teams never quit on him and usually get better throughout the course of the year. they are in their 2nd super bowl in 4 years.

sadly, the eagles have become the poor man's giants.....son of a... :x
    www.myspace.com
  • andy reid's teams never quit on him and usually get better throughout the course of the year (as reid supporters love to say). but their season usually ends in early january.

tom coughlin's teams never quit on him and usually get better throughout the course of the year. they are in their 2nd super bowl in 4 years.

sadly, the eagles have become the poor man's giants.....son of a... :x

Maybe if Reid would've changed the signals so Kolb wasn't calling plays out for his team's defense it could've been the Eagles beating the 49ers yesterday. Absolute atrocity. Can't wait for 2012! :roll: But hey, we won the last 4 games. :twisted:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
This discussion has been closed.