THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    crazypjfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    no one cares about your fantasy leagues

Right, and I don't care about your opinion on our fantasy leagues :D

Just had to make 1 more point about it. That's all. Don't be a grump.
    :lol:

i think my brother actually won his championship on that td
    www.myspace.com
    beat it juan. hiring him (and, thus, hiring the d line coach before him) has got to be one of the all time dumbest moves this franchise ever made. please rectify it:

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/eagles-ta ... feedID=704

And there’s a chance that if the Eagles do indeed replace Castillo, it would mean the end of the line for defensive line coach Jim Washburn and his “wide nine” formation.

One of the problems the Eagles ran into a year ago was that candidates for the defensive coordinator job didn’t want to come to a team that already had a defensive line coach with a unique scheme.

If it means getting the guy the Eagles really want – whether it’s Spagnuolo or somebody else – they presumably won’t let that be a stumbling block this time around.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    a couple days late...still funny. has anyone seen this around? no mas!! :lol:

AiZ4lkiCQAA79ji.jpg
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    so does the Juggler still think the Eagles defense is better than the Giants defense? do you think this eagles defense could have given up no offensive points against any playoff team?
    pjhawks wrote:
    so does the Juggler still think the Eagles defense is better than the Giants defense? do you think this eagles defense could have given up no offensive points against any playoff team?

you said their defense was "way better" than the eagles defense (the night after the giants had given up over 600 yards). i said they were both "horrendous"...and over the course of the entire season, that was proven to be correct. any giants fan can tell you how bad that defense was this year.

but the argument was about how to beat the patriots. i mentioned the giants and steelers beat them by sticking with the ground game to keep the ball away from brady. you countered by saying both the giants and steelers have "great" defenses (a night after the giants gave up over 600 yards), which was hilarious. the eagles tried to beat them with vince young passing over 80% of the time and got blown out. never gonna work.

i expect the giants to utilize a similiar strategy in lambeau next week.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

you said their defense was "way better" than the eagles defense (the night after the giants had given up over 600 yards). i said they were both "horrendous"...and over the course of the entire season, that was proven to be correct. any giants fan can tell you how bad that defense was this year.

but the argument was about how to beat the patriots. i mentioned the giants and steelers beat them by sticking with the ground game to keep the ball away from brady. you countered by saying both the giants and steelers have "great" defenses (a night after the giants gave up over 600 yards), which was hilarious. the eagles tried to beat them with vince young passing over 80% of the time and got blown out. never gonna work.

the above seems like a pretty long-winded excuse to try and justify yourself being wrong. eagles defense was never better than the giants. not 8 weeks ago and surely as hell not now.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    pjhawks wrote:

Giants defense is better, but the Falcons did an amazing, tremendous job of shooting themselves in the foot every chance they got.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

the above seems like a pretty long-winded excuse to try and justify yourself being wrong. eagles defense was never better than the giants. not 8 weeks ago and surely as hell not now.

http://community.pearljam.com/search.ph ... 1&start=30

here's what we were talking about. i stand by what i said.

and you'll see the giants try to utilize that same strategy next week considering they ran all over the falcons yesterday with a 50/50 run/pass ratio. don't know what else to tell you.
    www.myspace.com

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=giants&t=121800&sf=msgonly&ch=-1&start=30

and you'll see the giants try to utilize that same strategy next week considering they ran all over the falcons yesterday with a 50/50 run/pass ratio. don't know what else to tell you.

thanks for clarifying that you still think the Eagles defense is better than the Giants since that is what you wrote on the page you linked above. i respect the stubborness though.
    pjhawks wrote:

http://community.pearljam.com/search.ph ... 1&start=30

thanks for clarifying that you still think the Eagles defense is better than the Giants since that is what you wrote on the page you linked above. i respect the stubborness though.

are you basing this soley on yesterday's game? :? why are we even talking about this now? go in the giants thread and ask those guys what they thought of their injury depleted defense in late november when we were talking about this.

you said they were "way better" than the eagles at the time. a day after they gave up 600 yards. in november. that was not even close to being the case. sure, they're healthy now and playing better but they were awful for 90% of the regular season. anyway you look at it the giants were a bad defensive team this year. so were the eagles.

there's a reason why both teams are reportedly interested in spagnoula.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=giants&t=121800&sf=msgonly&ch=-1&start=30

are you basing this soley on yesterday's game? :? why are we even talking about this now? go in the giants thread and ask those guys what they thought of their injury depleted defense in late november when we were talking about this.

you said they were "way better" than the eagles at the time. a day after they gave up 600 yards. in november. that was not even close to being the case. sure, they're healthy now and playing better but they were awful for 90% of the regular season. anyway you look at it the giants were a bad defensive team this year. so were the eagles.

still can't admit you were wrong huh? and you try to make your point based off the day after playing the QB who had the most passing yards in the history of the league. nice. oh well as i said above respect the stubborness.
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    I'm just wondering when you guys will stop buying into the bullshit that is the Philadelphia Eagles and realize it is only a game. Seriously, the Eagles are the biggest croc of shit. They get you all fired up over the offseason and late in the season, only to shit the bed and never bring home a Lombardi. Well, I guess they run a good business because they Lurie you in every season :lol:

Carry on..I'm sure you guys realize this. Just don't put so much stock in it unless you are catching passes or making plays for them.
    crazypjfan wrote:
    I'm just wondering when you guys will stop buying into the bullshit that is the Philadelphia Eagles and realize it is only a game. Seriously, the Eagles are the biggest croc of shit. They get you all fired up over the offseason and late in the season, only to shit the bed and never bring home a Lombardi. Well, I guess they run a good business because they Lurie you in every season :lol:

Carry on..I'm sure you guys realize this. Just don't put so much stock in it unless you are catching passes or making plays for them.

it's just a game focker. talking and arguing sports is a great diversion from the normal every day bullshit. i enjoy it and for the most part it's not personal. sue me.
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

still can't admit you were wrong huh? and you try to make your point based off the day after playing the QB who had the most passing yards in the history of the league. nice. oh well as i said above respect the stubborness.

i was right about how to have a chance against the pats and i was right about the fact that both the eagles and giants defenses were not very good this year.

eagles were better against the run.
    eagles were better against the pass.
    eagles allowed 5 points less per game, which is the most important item to go off of.

the giants created 6 more turnovers
    the giants were slightly better in the redzone, though both teams were ranked low.
    and the eagles obviously blew 5 the quarter leads (though a lot of that was on the offensive side abandoning the run despite holding a lead)

so why do you think the giants defense was "way better" than the eagles defense this year? they both stunk. the eagles were better in some ways, the giants were better in others. both teams were not good defensively and the reason they beat the pats was sticking with their ground game to keep the ball away from brady...much the same as how they won on sunday and much the same as what they'll try to do in green bay.

this isn't stubborness, this is just having facts to back up an argument. do you have any facts to back up your claim that ny's d was "way better" than the eagles defense in 2011?
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

it's just a game focker. talking and arguing sports is a great diversion from the normal every day bullshit. i enjoy it and for the most part it's not personal. sue me.

I know but it must get old year in and year out. ;)

I'm only ruffling your feathers. I didn't mean to offend you.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    crazypjfan wrote:

yeah guys, stop caring about your team so much. we need to talk about the eagles less around here
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    spagnolo expected to be named eagles DC by end of week.

holla
    The Fixer wrote:
    spagnolo expected to be named eagles DC by end of week.

holla

are you referring to that la confora report? that one seemed misleading to me. it said he will be "back in philadelphia by end of week". i don't think it meant the birds will name him dc at that time. i could be wrong though.
    www.myspace.com
    so we're losing ryan grigsdon to the colts? ryan grigsdon, eh?

good luck with all that indy.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    what a wasted opportunity this year's been. :x

tough year, but I don't know what kind of opportunity they wasted. most eagle fans complain about making the playoffs and not winning it all. well, this team was never good enough (even on paper) to win it all. They are probably the most talented team in the division, so if you want to say a missed opportunity to win the nfc east again then I'd agree. This team was never capable of beating the packers or saints (I'd include 9ers in there too) come playoff time though.

are you kidding?

you're big on odds on favorites not winning it all in the phils thread. the eagles were 8/1 to win the super bowl after their free agency spree. only the packers and patriots had better odds. the "all in" thing came from joe banner...not some media member. this team was supposed to contend for a championship this year no matter how you, dave spadaro, or andy reid try to spin things.

anything can and usually does happen in the nfl playoffs.

like we needed any further proof of how profoundly awful this season was, yesterday happened.

ugh.
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

yeah guys, stop caring about your team so much. we need to talk about the eagles less around here

We should only talk about them when they're winning. Like Dallas or something like that. Ok, bad example, the whole country is obsessed with them no matter what. :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    anything can and usually does happen in the nfl playoffs.

like we needed any further proof of how profoundly awful this season was, yesterday happened.

ugh.

It was like watching a bad dream from 2007 :evil:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    We should only talk about them when they're winning. Like Dallas or something like that. Ok, bad example, the whole country is obsessed with them no matter what. :roll:

hmmm....which team has the biggest bandwagon fans.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

in these parts Dallas by far. when Dallas is good the dbags come out of the woodwork in this area.
  • 81 wrote:

Eagles fans are the polar opposite of bandwagon. They pack away stadiums like Packers and Steelers fans but have none of the Super Bowls like those franchises. The bandwagon team in this town is the Phillies.

So Juan's gonna be gone? I get most of my Eagles news from you clowns. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    81 wrote:

Eagles fans are the polar opposite of bandwagon. They pack away stadiums like Packers and Steelers fans but have none of the Super Bowls like those franchises. The bandwagon team in this town is the Phillies.

...there are a lot of teams interested in spagnuola. i'm really not sure what is going to happen at this point.
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    This team and organization are a complete mess. Why would Spags want to come here? The Broncos DC wouldn't come here last year because of the Washburn hire. Washburn may have to go. Wide nine don't work.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    81 wrote:

...there are a lot of teams interested in spagnuola. i'm really not sure what is going to happen at this point.

Isn't he also considering taking a year off? I thought I heard that somewhere. Actually, this would be his second here off in a row :)
This discussion has been closed.