THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    so a couple people here laughed when i brought up spagnoula's name as a successor to juan castillo a while back.

I laughed when that was the best candidate you could come up with to replace reid. Just like I laughed when I got to your seats at the Linc.

Apparently this is a done deal. Spagnolo will be a great addition and reid stays...win win

are you physically not able to reply to one of my posts without taking some kind of personal shot at me?

where did i say i wanted spags to replace reid? go ahead and quote me. no, you thought it was stupid to talk about coaches who were still currently employed...like spagnuola still currently is by the way. :?

this is by no means a done deal. nobody has even been fired yet. the giants are going to go after him too probably.

reid obviously needs all the help he can get to win a super bowl. he's not going to get that from juan castillo. so if he stays, bringing in a guy like spagnuola to run the defense is something that i can get behind as i've been advocating this for a while now.

yeah, not a done deal. Floiro is reporting it though...he is the best at digging up this stuff, so I think it's going to happen.

Spagnolo still has a residence in philly area...nothing final, but all signs pointing to eagles landing him when he gets canned and gruden gets named coach in STL.

Now they just need a QB
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    :lol:

florio didn't break the story dude. this is what he, and everyone else, is referring to:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011 ... um=twitter

either way it would be great to rid ourselves of the great juan castillo mistake.
    www.myspace.com

florio didn't break the story dude. this is what he, and everyone else, is referring to:

either way it would be great to rid ourselves of the great juan castillo mistake.

yeah, I know. that story was linked in both articles.

I am so happy that Griffin III's draft stock is soaring. I thought for sure that the eagles would have him pegged in the middle of round 1, which would have forced my head to explode
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, I know. that story was linked in both articles.

that's because both articles were specifically talking about that particular story. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Why is everyone so quick to look at the coaches for this year's mistakes? As bad as it sounds to hire an o line coach at d coord, I don't think all the blame is on him or even Reid. Assembling a group of big name FA's never has immediate results. The D has been playing very well the last few outings. Why not give the guy a full year(training camp included)? Or is everyone ushering this Castillo guy out of town already?
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Why is everyone so quick to look at the coaches for this year's mistakes? As bad as it sounds to hire an o line coach at d coord, I don't think all the blame is on him or even Reid. Assembling a group of big name FA's never has immediate results. The D has been playing very well the last few outings. Why not give the guy a full year(training camp included)? Or is everyone ushering this Castillo guy out of town already?

while I agree that there were a lot of contibuting factors to this season's debacle, I think castillo was a mistake. he had no experience whatsoever running a defense before this season. the eagles can do much better than castillo (spagnolo, raheem morris, etc).
    The Fixer wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

while I agree that there were a lot of contibuting factors to this season's debacle, I think castillo was a mistake. he had no experience whatsoever running a defense before this season. the eagles can do much better than castillo (spagnolo, raheem morris, etc).

and look at the teams the d has played well against lately:
    a bad miami team with their backup qb. their coach got fired the next day.
    the jets just looked awful...and continued their awfulness on saturday.
    and the cowboys were without their qb and rb and had nothing to play for.

if the eagles were a young, rebuilding team, i'd be okay with castillo coming back. i said i'd be okay with him this year if that were the case. but this team is designed to win now, or relatively close to now. they need a veteran defensive coach who knows what the hell he's doing rather than someone learning on the job.
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Who wants 4 tix for Sunday's game? $55ea, Section 107 row 14.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    although i'm about 90% sure Reid is coming back next year i was curious about coaches with his pedigree who have been replaced (quit or fired) and how the teams fared after said coaches were replaced so i did some digging. here are some stats. read them as you will. all of these are based on all coaches since 1999 (reid's 1st year). if a coach coached 2 different franchises he has been counted once for each franchise. and this was calculated by me so not exactly scientific so if numbers are exact don't sue me. anyways...

* Number of coaches since 1999 with a 60% or better winning percentage: 16 total (14.16% based on 113 coaches), 9 who are currently active (reid, bellichick, mike smith, john harbaugh, mike mccarthy, sean payton, mike tomlin, norv turner (record with san diego only), and Jim Harbaugh (very small sample size for him).

* Number of coaches replaced since 1999 who had a 60% or better winning percentage: 7

* of those 7 only 1 coach has had a better record than predecessor (mike tomlin over bill cowher).

* Number of coaches replaced since 1999 with over 50% winning percentage: 28

* of those 28 replaced with a better than 50% winning percentage the next coach has had a better record 7 times (25%), 20 times a worse record (71.42) and 1 with the same record (3.57%)

* 28 coaches have been replaced with a 7-9 or better record since 1999

* of those 28, 10 franchises (35.71%) have had a better record the following year, 15 (53.57%) with a worse record and 3 with the same record (10.71%)

would have thought percentages for 7-9 coaches being replaced would have been better. not high %s for sucess in replacing a guy with reid's pedigree and coming off a season of 7-9 or better. do what you want with those numbers
    my only interest in this game was to see if shady could win the rushing title ...aaaaand he's inactive.

fitting end to an absolutely atrocious season.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    I know this game don't mean shit but couldn't they have gotten commentators that I have actually heard of? Who are these guys?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    I know this game don't mean shit but couldn't they have gotten commentators that I have actually heard of? Who are these guys?

2 bad teams with nothing to play for = 2 shitty announcers.
    www.myspace.com
    Well one other good thing came out of this year. We beat the Cowboys twice and technically finished ahead of them in the standings :lol: :? :mrgreen:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Well one other good thing came out of this year. We beat the Cowboys twice and technically finished ahead of them in the standings :lol: :? :mrgreen:

well only one good thing can come out of this shitty year. and we all know what it is and that it probably won't happen.

i'll settle for castillo being replaced by spagnoula though.
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Can baseball start now please!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!

flyers are worth watching dude. they have a solid squad. could be poised for another run at the cup.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:

flyers are worth watching dude. they have a solid squad. could be poised for another run at the cup.
    I always watch the Flyers but i need some baseball after that so called football season.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Should be another interesting offseason...

Defensive end Juqua Parker, the oldest Eagle at 33, heads into an uncertain future as an unrestricted free agent, one of 11. The rest of the list: Victor Abiamiri, Ronnie Brown, King Dunlap, DeSean Jackson, Derek Landri, Trevor Laws, Evan Mathis, Owen Scmitt, Steve Smith and Vince Young. Antonio Dixon is a restricted free agent.

Only guys on this list I want back are DIxon, Landri, and Mathis
    The Fixer wrote:

I always watch the Flyers but i need some baseball after that so called football season.

don't sleep on those 76ers either ;)
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, they might lose in the 2nd round instead of the first this year. can't wait!!
    2012 opponents

home: Falcons, Panthers, Ravens, Bengals and Lions

road: New Orleans, Tampa, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Arizona

well only one good thing can come out of this shitty year. and we all know what it is and that it probably won't happen.

that'll work for me too
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

that'll work for me too

jeff lurie's having a press conference at 2:30 tomorrow...
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, they might lose in the 2nd round instead of the first this year. can't wait!!

actually after a .500 season and zero playoff wins from the football team yet again, i'll gladly take that next step from the sixers.
    www.myspace.com
    anyone curious what lurie has to say today?

i'd be shocked if reid gets fired but it's unusual that lurie is talking today.

normally reid has his season ending press conference yesterday after he does one on one's. kinda weird that we haven't heard from him and but will be hearing from the owner instead. probably nothing. still...

stay tuned...
    www.myspace.com
  • Curious about the presser.

So the oldest Eagle is 33? Haha, they are the anti-Phillies. If the coaching gets shored up they should be good in 2012. :?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Curious about the presser.

So the oldest Eagle is 33? Haha, they are the anti-Phillies. If the coaching gets shored up they should be good in 2012. :?

yep, just need a qb

well they better be good in 2012. they should have been good this year. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Curious about the presser.

Yeah, my post was sarcastic and lazy. I don't have deep knowledge of football like I used to. I prefer baseball & hockey anymore.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Yeah, my post was sarcastic and lazy. I don't have deep knowledge of football like I used to. I prefer baseball & hockey anymore.

that's because the on-field products in those sports are superior
This discussion has been closed.