THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Curious about the presser.

So the oldest Eagle is 33? Haha, they are the anti-Phillies. If the coaching gets shored up they should be good in 2012. :?

well they better be good in 2012. they should have been good this year. :lol:

Yeah, my post was sarcastic and lazy. I don't have deep knowledge of football like I used to. I prefer baseball & hockey anymore.

touche.

let's hope the coaching gets shored up though. ;)
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I rarely watch press conferences. the last one I watched involved iverson or TO.

You know it's bad when the main point of the owner's annual press conference is to say he's not firing the coach

Pretty evident that Reid is done if they dont win next year
    disapointing, unacceptable = i'm not firing the coach :mrgreen: thanks jeff!

only good thing to come of that presser is no vote of confidence in the d coordinator.

this team is beyond frustrating.
    www.myspace.com

only good thing to come of that presser is no vote of confidence in the d coordinator.

I thought he was going to clean house after the first 5 minutes.

I do like Lurie. I think he does a good job...and he seems knowledgeable, but not meddling. I think he gets a bad rap.

I'm glad reid is staying. The vick thing is going to be his downfall though.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427

Juggler - didn't you predict 9-7 in pre-season? i know that is what i said so only one game off for what that is worth. very disappointing not making the playoffs for only the 4th time in 13 seasons. going to be lots of pressure on this team from the get-go next year.
  • The Fixer wrote:

I do like Lurie. I think he does a good job...and he seems knowledgeable, but not meddling. I think he gets a bad rap.

I'd say Lurie is in top quarter of all franchise owners. He has competent people making decisions and gives them plenty of resources to do what they need to do, and he focuses on shit he's good at like marketing and keeping the cheerleaders outfits skimpy. The predicted strong finish after the games stopped mattering (Jeags & I, thank you) tied Lurie's hands and kept him from firing Reid. They've come back kind of strong the following years after similar seasons (2006 & 2008).

By the way, how awesome was it that Dallas choked again? :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

I'd say Lurie is in top quarter of all franchise owners. He has competent people making decisions and gives them plenty of resources to do what they need to do, and he focuses on shit he's good at like marketing and keeping the cheerleaders outfits skimpy. The predicted strong finish after the games stopped mattering (Jeags & I, thank you) tied Lurie's hands and kept him from firing Reid. They've come back kind of strong the following years after similar seasons (2006 & 2008).

you guys really went out on a limb saying the eagles would finish strong :roll:

since it was to the giants...not that awesome. I hate both equally
    The Fixer wrote:

yup. our worst case scenrio came to fruition unfortunately. :lol: agree with you on lurie. i've always liked the guy.

also agree with fixer in that it sounded like he was going to fire reid early on.

can't imagine the kind of pressure both reid and vick will be under next year.

now get rid of juan!
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

Juggler - didn't you predict 9-7 in pre-season? i know that is what i said so only one game off for what that is worth. very disappointing not making the playoffs for only the 4th time in 13 seasons. going to be lots of pressure on this team from the get-go next year.

no i said 10-6.

extremely disapointing to now have gone 3 years in row without a playoff win. always next year :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • The team was expected by most to do very well, and some of us made "pessimistic" predictions of 9-7 or 10-6, and they didn't even perform that well, even factoring in a meaningless late season surge.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Andy and Vick are a package deal. What coach is going to come in here and want to coach Vick? If it's bad next year they both could be gone. We can't have that many turnovers again, can we? :roll:
    19-0 next year!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    The team was expected by most to do very well, and some of us made "pessimistic" predictions of 9-7 or 10-6, and they didn't even perform that well, even factoring in a meaningless late season surge.

...they had odds of 8/1 to win the super bowl back in august. only gb and ne had better odds. if you need some perspective as to what kind of disaster this season turned out to be, there you go.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

no i said 10-6.

extremely disapointing to now have gone 3 years in row without a playoff win. always next year :mrgreen:

my bad. thought you had 9-7

prior to reid 3 years without a playoff win was the norm. hell after the run to the super bowl in 1980 did they even have 3 playoff wins before reid? kotite and rhodes each had 1 i believe. i don't think they won any others in the 80s. trying to do this from memory so i could be off.

either way they weren't beating the packers or saints this year.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Andy and Vick are a package deal. What coach is going to come in here and want to coach Vick? If it's bad next year they both could be gone. We can't have that many turnovers again, can we? :roll:
    19-0 next year!

i've been saying that since week 1 of last year. vick's apparent regression is one of the many reasons i would have let reid go this week, as a lot of the expectations in vick were directly tied to reid being this qb guro who always got the most out of that position.

they have an out to get out of his contract after next year though.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

no i said 10-6.

my bad. thought you had 9-7

prior to reid 3 years without a playoff win was the norm. hell after the run to the super bowl in 1980 did they even have 3 playoff wins before reid? kotite and rhodes each had 1 i believe. i don't think they won any others in the 80s. trying to do this from memory so i could be off.

either way they weren't beating the packers or saints this year.

well if we're going back in time...

kotite had more playoff wins (1) in his last 3 years than reid has had these past 3 years.

there's no sense in comparing this situation in 2012 to 20 or 30 years ago though.
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453

there's no sense in comparing this situation in 2012 to 20 or 30 years ago though.

Isn't that why you guys have 400 pages of material? You guys are always going back and forth about something and it usually stems around 1 thing(or person) :)

At least your team finished on a good note this year after all that happened.

Who ya rootin for? I am going with the Ravens since one of my offices is right next door to M&T Bank Stadium

unless you are talking about having to run the football because you know that's how it's always been done right? :lol:
  • crazypjfan wrote:
    Who ya rootin for? I am going with the Ravens since one of my offices is right next door to M&T Bank Stadium

I enjoy watching the Saints play. I hope it's Saints v Packers in the NFC Champ Game, which I would call the de facto Super Bowl (like the old days in the 90s). It's cool that the NFL gives equal opportunity to random cities like Indianapolis, New Orleans and Green Bay as New York and Chicago (and LA - oh wait...).

crazypjfan wrote:

I enjoy watching the Saints play. I hope it's Saints v Packers in the NFC Champ Game, which I would call the de facto Super Bowl (like the old days in the 90s). It's cool that the NFL gives equal opportunity to random cities like Indianapolis, New Orleans and Green Bay as New York and Chicago (and LA - oh wait...).

The only time I didn't like watching the Saints this year was against the Falcons 2 weeks ago. Lost my fantasy championship when Brees threw that last touchdown and got his record. Other than that, I hope they get to the bowl. Ravens Saints is one I would like to see.

I have a feeling the Texans might be the surprise this year and win 1 or two..
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    crazypjfan wrote:
    The only time I didn't like watching the Saints this year was against the Falcons 2 weeks ago. Lost my fantasy championship when Brees threw that last touchdown and got his record.

Amzingly enough, I lost my fantasy championship on the very same play.

I intentionally did not watch the game, knowing this was going to happen. Just checked the final score the next day exepcting a loss, but it was a lot closer than I had thought it would be. Glad I didn't suffer through that for 4 quarters.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    crazypjfan wrote:

NFC - Atlanta. I like matt ryan. And they play the giants. SF too, just because I love their style of play. SF/NO in round 2 will be unreal. I think whoever wins the nyg/atl game will have a shot vs gb too. nfc playoffs should be great.

and then...

AFC - whoever the dogs are. this conference is a disaster though. I just hope the title game isn't pitt and ne
    apparently spagnolo is the favorite to come here still only if washburn leaves.

so it could be a dominoe effect...washburn goes, castillo goes (or gets a new role), spagnolo gets hired.

sounds like if washburn stays, castillo probably stays.
    crazypjfan wrote:

Isn't that why you guys have 400 pages of material? You guys are always going back and forth about something and it usually stems around 1 thing(or person) :)

At least your team finished on a good note this year after all that happened.

pretty much.

i don't buy into the whole finishing on a good note carry over thing. look at what it did for the cowboys last year/this year. those were all no playoff teams the eagles beat. they usually beat those kinds of teams.

i like the ravens. would like to see harbough get a championship. packers/patriots was my pick back in august though.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

so it could be a dominoe effect...washburn goes, castillo goes (or gets a new role), spagnolo gets hired.

well then that's about as dumb as hiring washburn before hiring the d coordinator in the first place last year. seems like their priorities are out of place.

where are you seeing that? i'd gladly get rid of washburn if it means spags replaces juan.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

well then that's about as dumb as hiring washburn before hiring the d coordinator in the first place last year. seems like their priorities are out of place.

where are you seeing that? i'd gladly get rid of washburn if it means spags replaces juan.

forget where I read it. It was somewhere over the weekend. Apparently washburn is a real blow hard. Sounds about right based on his run in with moringweig earlier in the year.

I agree with you that castillo should be replaced as DC. Then again, none of us were happy about that move.
    espn insider article...

With rumors and reports swirling that Steve Spagnuolo could land in Philly as the defensive coordinator if/when (when) he’s fired as the head coach of the Rams, there’s an important factor to consider regarding the possible return of Spags to Philly.

Defensive line coach Jim Washburn and Spagnuolo may not be able to co-exist. Washburn, we’re told, is wired tightly and requires a fairly wide berth. His players love him because Washburn spends so much time and effort trying to get them stats, even if a sack-friendly approach like the “Wide Nine” (Jason Babin has 18.0 and Trent Cole has 10.0) invites running games to gash the interior of the defense.

There’s a theory making the rounds that Spagnuolo wouldn’t want to take a job in Philly if Washburn stays. And coach Andy Reid may not want to dump both defensive coordinator Juan Castillo and Washburn.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

forget where I read it. It was somewhere over the weekend. Apparently washburn is a real blow hard. Sounds about right based on his run in with moringweig earlier in the year.

I agree with you that castillo should be replaced as DC. Then again, none of us were happy about that move.

i really like washburn. the wide 9 would have worked well like it did in tennessee and detroit now, if the eagles put any value in the lb position.

spags is a jj descendent who believes in blitzing the quarterback though. so i could see washburn leaving if he is brought in. be interesting to see how that affects babin's production next year.
    www.myspace.com
    jimed14 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    The only time I didn't like watching the Saints this year was against the Falcons 2 weeks ago. Lost my fantasy championship when Brees threw that last touchdown and got his record.

Amzingly enough, I lost my fantasy championship on the very same play.

I intentionally did not watch the game, knowing this was going to happen. Just checked the final score the next day exepcting a loss, but it was a lot closer than I had thought it would be. Glad I didn't suffer through that for 4 quarters.

I was up by 34 before he played and lost by 5 of 6 points.Everything was going so good until the Falcons turned the ball over on downs at their own 30 yard line. The td and going over 300 is what did me in. I was half asleep but woke up to flip the remote at the christmas tree in disgust. :lol:

I had Romo starting and he got me zero points so that didn't help..
    no one cares about your fantasy leagues
    The Fixer wrote:
    no one cares about your fantasy leagues

Right, and I don't care about your opinion on our fantasy leagues :D

Just had to make 1 more point about it. That's all. Don't be a grump.
This discussion has been closed.