THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The Fixer wrote:
    16 wins. they beat the shit out of them already this year.

15. I counted this year's win. Sorry if the facts don't support your story. I actually thought Reid had a better record vs. Dallas too, until I looked it up.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited December 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    what a wasted opportunity this year's been. :x

tough year, but I don't know what kind of opportunity they wasted. most eagle fans complain about making the playoffs and not winning it all. well, this team was never good enough (even on paper) to win it all. They are probably the most talented team in the division, so if you want to say a missed opportunity to win the nfc east again then I'd agree. This team was never capable of beating the packers or saints (I'd include 9ers in there too) come playoff time though.

awful season, but I like how they are letting some of the young guys get more time. Phillip Hunt looks like a player. Matthews may have found his role as a passing down LB. Brian Rolle has gotten some time (think we need to see more on him). Kelce and Watkins both look like they should be solid players.

They will have a lot of work to do this offseason. They have to find a safety (not sure why jarrett hasn't played more). Coleman and Allen are horrendous. I'd love to see them use an early pick on their QB the future so they can show vick the door after 2012 (when they can apparently get out of his contract without taking a huge cap hit).

are you kidding?

you're big on odds on favorites not winning it all in the phils thread. the eagles were 8/1 to win the super bowl after their free agency spree. only the packers and patriots had better odds. the "all in" thing came from joe banner...not some media member. this team was supposed to contend for a championship this year no matter how you, dave spadaro, or andy reid try to spin things.

the young guys.... :lol: the packers are younger than we are. and it's their own damn fault for being young at the lb position. there were a few decent ones available after the lockout, they chose to annoit casey mathews as the starting mlb without any competition what so ever. fucking ridiculous.

this team should have 9 or 10 wins at this point. bad coaching, bad talent evaluation, poor promotions to the coaching staff, and overall poor execution has got them to this point.

lb and saftey are the 2 biggest concerns going into the draft (yet again). given over a decade's worth of poor defensive drafting, i don't trust andy reid to pick the right players we need.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

15. I counted this year's win. Sorry if the facts don't support your story. I actually thought Reid had a better record vs. Dallas too, until I looked it up.

he crushed them in his first few years when dallas and the rest of the division stunk.

unfortunately the last 7 years haven't gone as well.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited December 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    what a wasted opportunity this year's been. :x

tough year, but I don't know what kind of opportunity they wasted. most eagle fans complain about making the playoffs and not winning it all. well, this team was never good enough (even on paper) to win it all. They are probably the most talented team in the division, so if you want to say a missed opportunity to win the nfc east again then I'd agree. This team was never capable of beating the packers or saints (I'd include 9ers in there too) come playoff time though.

awful season, but I like how they are letting some of the young guys get more time. Phillip Hunt looks like a player. Matthews may have found his role as a passing down LB. Brian Rolle has gotten some time (think we need to see more on him). Kelce and Watkins both look like they should be solid players.

They will have a lot of work to do this offseason. They have to find a safety (not sure why jarrett hasn't played more). Coleman and Allen are horrendous. I'd love to see them use an early pick on their QB the future so they can show vick the door after 2012 (when they can apparently get out of his contract without taking a huge cap hit).

are you kidding?

you're big on odds on favorites not winning it all in the phils thread. the eagles were 8/1 to win the super bowl after their free agency spree. only the packers and patriots had better odds. the "all in" thing came from joe banner...not some media member. this team was supposed to contend for a championship this year no matter how you, dave spadaro, or andy reid try to spin things.

the young guys.... :lol: the packers are younger than we are. and it's their own damn fault for being young at the lb position. there were a few decent ones available after the lockout, they chose to annoit casey mathews as the starting mlb without any competition what so ever. fucking ridiculous.

this team should have 9 or 10 wins at this point. bad coaching, bad talent evaluation, poor promotions to the coaching staff, and overall poor execution has got them to this point.

lb and saftey are the 2 biggest concerns going into the draft (yet again). given over a decade's worth of poor defensive drafting, i don't trust andy reid to pick the right players we need.

did you think this team had a shot of beating gb? I sure as hell didn't

bad year, but it's not like they were going to win the super bowl. Need a real qb before that's gonna happen. doesn't matter who's coaching
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    The Fixer wrote:

I forgot to inclue the playoff game. I was going off of 25 games total, so I was wrong.

Who do you want as coach?
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

are you kidding?

did you think this team had a shot of beating gb? I sure as hell didn't

bad year, but it's not like they were going to win the super bowl. Need a real qb before that's gonna happen. doesn't matter who's coaching

8/1 odds my friend. 8/1 odds.

see the phils were odds on favorites too and you thought they wouldn't win the whole thing either...but you seem way more pissed about that team, one that is just a few years removed from a world championship, than this one that probably wont even make the playoffs and hasn't won anything in over 50 years.

all i ask for is some consistency :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I forgot to inclue the playoff game. I was going off of 25 games total, so I was wrong.

I'm not caught up on my coach-scouting, but I'd go with a young guy rather than a tired retread. Also then you don't have to hand out a huge contract and too much control of the operations, since I think the Eagles management usually knows what it's doing with salary cap & draft picks, etc. I'll see if I can get around to looking at the candidates.

Of course, as I said this is all moot since it's clear Reid isn't going anywhere, I'd say. Not to mention the Eagles couldn't give a shit what I think.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

I'm not caught up on my coach-scouting, but I'd go with a young guy rather than a tired retread. Also then you don't have to hand out a huge contract and too much control of the operations, since I think the Eagles management usually knows what it's doing with salary cap & draft picks, etc. I'll see if I can get around to looking at the candidates.

Of course, as I said this is all moot since it's clear Reid isn't going anywhere, I'd say. Not to mention the Eagles couldn't give a shit what I think.[/quote]

I agree with you on everything here.

I hope they give reid one more year. As nice of a guy as everyone says castillo is, it's a mistake if they bring him back. Keep him in the org as a position coach and bring someone else in to run the defense. I know spagnolos name has come up...raheem morris...someone like that.

I'd love to see todd haley replace morningweig, but that's a pipe dream. actually, haley is one guy I'd like as a reid replacement. he would be a perfect fit. much better than any of the other names that have been mentioned by the reid haters around here
  • The Fixer wrote:
    I'd love to see todd haley replace morningweig, but that's a pipe dream. actually, haley is one guy I'd like as a reid replacement. he would be a perfect fit. much better than any of the other names that have been mentioned by the reid haters around here

A young guy as a retread is a different story, and I wouldn't be opposed to that. As you probably guessed, I was referring to the Cowlers & Grudens.

The Fixer wrote:

A young guy as a retread is a different story, and I wouldn't be opposed to that. As you probably guessed, I was referring to the Cowlers & Grudens.

anyone that says they want gruden is completely lost.

good article in SI this week about why cowher isn't coming back. I wish people would stop bringing his name up (not you, I know you were using him as an example...just dumb fans in general)

haley is the guy that thoroughly abused jim johnson in the NFC title game. lot of injuries this year in KC. he overachieved with them last year. and he has a definite chip on his shoulder which would play well in philly.

I'd be fine with him as a replacement if it came to that
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

anyone that says they want gruden is completely lost.

good article in SI this week about why cowher isn't coming back. I wish people would stop bringing his name up (not you, I know you were using him as an example...just dumb fans in general)

haley is the guy that thoroughly abused jim johnson in the NFC title game. lot of injuries this year in KC. he overachieved with them last year. and he has a definite chip on his shoulder which would play well in philly.

I'd be fine with him as a replacement if it came to that

todd haley? i don't know about that.

he always gave me the impression that he was in over his head as a head coach. that chiefs team was a mirage last year. they only beat one team with a winning record and that was the chargers in week one. and the chargers always get off to slow starts.

he'd be a better oc than coach but that cards offense was loaded back in '08 with a hall of fame qb and the best receiver in the game and 2 other good wideouts. jj's defense was running on fumes by that point.

i would not be happy with todd haley as our next coach. they can certainly do better than him.

and it doesn't matter if they fire morningwheg--reid runs that offense no matter who the oc is...
    www.myspace.com
    if reid stays, we just have to hope castillo loses his job and andy can convince steve spaguolo to come back to philly. the giants are probably going to go after him hard too. spags is just about a certainty to be fired by the way, so it's okay to talk about him.

then they need to let him call all the shots when drafting on the defensive side of the ball next year. don't even let reid in the room when it comes time to make that pick

that would be my ideal scenario if they give reid a 14th chance.

14th time's the charm, right! :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    is anyone even a little fired up for this game on saturday?
    www.myspace.com
    edited December 2011
    i would not be happy with todd haley as our next coach. they can certainly do better than him.

funny that you say that but fail to name anyone better. also, haley helped revive warner's career. he wasn't very good at the end of his tenure with the giants. and paoli gave him matt cassell (traded for him shortly after going to KC from NE), who sucks...haley didn't choose him.

I like haley. He got fired because he doesn't get along with paoli. probably a moot point here...I can't see the eagles front office hiring him. Too big of a personality. Not the eagles style
    Post edited by The Fixer on

depends if jets win

actually even if the jets lose I will be watching and hoping the eagles can hurt the cowboys chances
    The Fixer wrote:

funny that you say that but fail to name anyone better

I like haley. He got fired because he doesn't get along with paoli. probably a moot point here...I can't see the eagles front office hiring him. Too big of a personality. Not the eagles style

name anyone better?

we had this discussion literally a month ago. i named about 6 possibilities.

todd haley has a big personality?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

name anyone better?

I don't remember anyone good on your list. didn't you say billick was your top choice???? haley would be better than him.

also, haley helped revive warner's career. he wasn't very good at the end of his tenure with the giants. and paoli gave him matt cassell (traded for him shortly after going to KC from NE), who sucks...haley didn't choose him.

yeah, apparently haley didn't get along with paoli...haley didn't agree with a lot of the personnel decisions that paoli made. that's why haley got canned
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

name anyone better?

I don't remember anyone good on your list. didn't you say billick was your top choice???? haley would be better than him.

also, haley helped revive warner's career. he wasn't very good at the end of his tenure with the giants. and paoli gave him matt cassell (traded for him shortly after going to KC from NE), who sucks...haley didn't choose him.

yeah, apparently haley didn't get along with paoli...haley didn't agree with a lot of the personnel decisions that paoli made. that's why haley got canned

billick was probably the only name you recognized on my list. and, yes, i would take him over todd haley in a heart beat.

when did you become such a big todd haley fan?

i like him as an oc. don't think he's a good head coach.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    name anyone better?

billick was probably the only name you recognized on my list. and, yes, i would take him over todd haley in a heart beat.

I think it is hilarious when you attempt to knock my sports knowledge. I don't know why you feel the need to pretend like you know everything about everything...especially things you are obviously clueless about (baseball, betting on football, and sports fan rules are my favorites). might want to talk to someone about that inferiority complex.

Ever since he abused jim johnson in the nfc title game. then almost beat pittsburgh in the super bowl. then had a great year with an average KC team last year
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I think it is hilarious when you attempt to knock my sports knowledge. I don't know why you feel the need to pretend like you know everything about everything...especially things you are obviously clueless about (baseball, betting on football, and sports fan rules are my favorites). might want to talk to someone about that inferiority complex.

Ever since he abused jim johnson in the nfc title game. then almost beat pittsburgh in the super bowl. then had a great year with an average KC team last year

:roll:

jeez. well what other names did you recognize then? i wasn't really trying to insult you. i just didn't think you knew who any of them were. and, you still haven't mentioned them...

i think you're the one with the issue. you obviously can't handle someone simply disagreeing with you or calling you out your bullshit... then you resort to getting all personal about dumb shit. happens all the time.

you're an adult. you should be able to have a discussion with someone without resorting that stuff.
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    The Fixer wrote:

depends if jets win

actually even if the jets lose I will be watching and hoping the eagles can hurt the cowboys chances

If the Giants win on Saturday, it would be a good idea for the Cowboys to rest everyone since that game won't matter.

Should be an interesting weekend that should shed some light on an interesting(shitty) division :)

Happy Holidays Bird fans! :wave:
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    12/25/2006 Jeff Garcia "Merry Christmas Philadelphia"

What a great game that was. Sticking it to the Cowboys. I still remember Q tackling Barber for a loss on 4th and goal. I got shitty and then watched Invinceable later that night. J E T S Jets Jets Jets. Hopefully Sanchez can stop banging Kate Upton long enough to win one more game this year. Personally, I'd focus more on Kate :D
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    12/25/2006 Jeff Garcia "Merry Christmas Philadelphia"

What a great game that was. Sticking it to the Cowboys. I still remember Q tackling Barber for a loss on 4th and goal. I got shitty and then watched Invinceable later that night. J E T S Jets Jets Jets. Hopefully Sanchez can stop banging Kate Upton long enough to win one more game this year. Personally, I'd focus more on Kate :D

one of my all time favorite eagles memories. that game was so much fun.

hopefully the jets win so this one means something. we're going to church at 10 tomorrow night. i fully expect to be hammered by the time i walk through the doors. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    asante's out...
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    asante's out...

as are the Eagles :( Oh well play for jobs now and respect.. Wouldn't mind us sweeping the Cowgirls this year again. Guess i'm pulling for the Giants to win the division now :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    It's official Maclin and Vick are OUT!

If the Eagles win this game I will be shocked as hell

i fully anticipate my worst case scenario of the eagles winning a bunch of meaningless games nobody expects them to and finishing "respectable;" thus giving lurie and banner a reason to bring reid back will come to fruition.
    :x :lol:

and the worst case scenario has occurred.

merry fucking christmas, philadelphia.
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    If we had gotten into the playoffs we would have definitely done some damage," Vick said. "It's unfortunate we didn't."

shut up...if my aunt harriet had balls, she'd be my uncle harry.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    so a couple people here laughed when i brought up spagnoula's name as a successor to juan castillo a while back.

now there are a good amount of reports speculating this could come to fruition.

assuming lurie brings back andy reid, bringing back spags gives us our best chance going forward (and we'd have a possible successor to andy waiting in the wings). i cringe when imagining juan castillo dialing up blitz schemes when the stakes are much higher in the playoffs.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/movi ... =131298059

Spagnuolo's future, Eagles' draft position

One of the first decisions the Eagles will have to make following Sunday's regular-season finale against the Redskins is what to do at defensive coordinator.

And more specifically, will Juan Castillo be back? Will they sell the idea that Castillo has improved as the season's gone on? That he's earned a full offseason to work with his players and show what he can do?

Or will they decide that some of their most talented defensive players - Jason Babin, Cullen Jenkins, Nnamdi Asomugha - are on the wrong side of the 30, and a proven defensive coordinator is necessary to make a Super Bowl run in 2012?

That decision brings us to a report out of San Diego. Per Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune, the Chargers plan on cutting ties with head coach Norv Turner once the season's over. But maybe more importantly, the team could part ways with general manager A.J. Smith.

How would that affect the Eagles? Per Acee, it would create a domino effect that would result in Steve Spagnuolo becoming the Birds' new defensive coordinator.

The story goes like this: Smith would be hired in St. Louis to become the Rams' new general manager, and he would bring with him Jon Gruden as head coach. According to the report, Gruden has decided to return to coaching in 2012, and ESPN is already preparing for him to leave.

Here's the key part from Acee that affects the Eagles:

League sources also said this week that it is all but certain that Spagnuolo will join Andy Reid’s staff in Philadelphia as the Eagles’ defensive coordinator.

Spagnuolo, of course, spent eight seasons as a defensive assistant here from 1999-2006. The Rams are currently 2-13. They were 7-9 last year and 1-15 in Spagnulo's first season in St. Louis.

What would need to happen for the aforementioned scenario to play out? The Rams would have to cut ties with Spagnuolo, which seems likely, based on several reports out of St. Louis and around the country. The Eagles would have to cut ties with Castillo. And Spagnuolo would have to want to join the Eagles. He will likely have other options: becoming a defensive coordinator elsewhere, taking a year off, etc.

The Eagles would also have to decide on their defensive philosophy if they brought in Spagnuolo. In St. Louis, and before that with the Giants, Spagnuolo relied on a blitz/zone-blitz scheme. While the Eagles have blitzed more in recent weeks, for much of the season, they've relied on pressure from the front four and Jim Washburn's wide-nine. Through 15 weeks, the Eagles lead the NFL with 49 sacks, and 45 of them have come from defensive linemen.

There's one more game to go, and then it will be decision time once again for the Eagles, as they look ahead to 2012.
    www.myspace.com
    so a couple people here laughed when i brought up spagnoula's name as a successor to juan castillo a while back.

I laughed when that was the best candidate you could come up with to replace reid. Just like I laughed when I got to your seats at the Linc.

Apparently this is a done deal. Spagnolo will be a great addition and reid stays...win win
    The Fixer wrote:

I laughed when that was the best candidate you could come up with to replace reid. Just like I laughed when I got to your seats at the Linc.

Apparently this is a done deal. Spagnolo will be a great addition and reid stays...win win

are you physically not able to reply to one of my posts without taking some kind of personal shot at me?

where did i say i wanted spags to replace reid? go ahead and quote me. no, you thought it was stupid to talk about coaches who were still currently employed...like spagnuola still currently is by the way. :?

this is by no means a done deal. nobody has even been fired yet. the giants are going to go after him too probably.

reid obviously needs all the help he can get to win a super bowl. he's not going to get that from juan castillo. so if he stays, bringing in a guy like spagnuola to run the defense is something that i can get behind as i've been advocating this for a while now.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.