THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    JK_Livin wrote:

What's sad? He's set for life based on pure talent alone.

Sad for us maybe...

2004 doesn't seem that long ago. I had a different vision of how his career with the Eagles and in general would end. I don't feel bad for him personally. He brought a lot of that crap on himself.

Do you have tix in section 106?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin wrote:

For Phillies and Temple b-ball.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    It's sad that a fraud like McNabb played for the Eagles?
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

For Phillies and Temple b-ball.

Ok. I'm in 107 for the Eagles.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    crazypjfan wrote:
    It's sad that a fraud like McNabb played for the Eagles?

Name calling will get you nowhere. ;) That Fraud had some great years for the Eagles.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Hey, you guys won something! :lol:

December 7, 2011

Dear Friends,

We want to share a bright spot with you. The Eagles today were named the 2011 Sport Team of the Year by Beyond Sport, an organization dedicated to using the power of sports to bring about social change around the world. The competition for this award was global, with entries from dozens of countries, including professional sports teams in the U.S.

We are proud to be judged the best in the world at making a difference in our community. Officially, the Eagles were recognized for the combined contributions of the Eagles Youth Partnership, our Tackling Breast Cancer initiative, and the Go Green! environmental program.

But what this award really does is recognize the many, many contributions of everyone in Eagles Nation to the success of these programs since 1994.

Without our employees, players, coaches, volunteers, sponsors and partners, the Eagles Eye Mobile and Book Mobile would not be on the road helping 50,000 children a year.
    Without the generosity of fans and partners, Tackling Breast Cancer would not have raised $1.5 million, enough to fund a dedicated treatment center at Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals.
    Without the concentrated, creative effort of vendors and fans, Go Green! would not be the leader in green business practices for sports.
    So we want to take a minute to salute everyone who has taken the time to make a difference. The incredible passion and power of the Eagles community does make a difference in the world.

We thank you all for everything you have done to help these programs over the years. Every hour, every dollar, every friendship and kind word, has helped us show the world what a very special place Philadelphia is – and how much better we can make it when we work together.

With thanks,

The Philadelphia Eagles
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I agree...I know everyone is in love with Cowher...but how much is it with the coach or Pittsburgh's system, they've only had three coach's in over 30 years and a good many of those teams are competitive...they must have one heck of a scouting system, and of course Dick LeBeau helps...jusy sayin'. It took Cowher 15 years to win an SB. That's the thing about the NFL so many teams keep bringing back coach's...why not look for the next Sean Payton?

i don't really want cowher. and like fix said gruden did nothing for 4 years or so after he won the super bowl with dungy's team. you'd have to bring in a gm who knows what he's doing if they hire gruden.

if they go the retread route, give me billick. he set records as o coordinator in minny then won with defense in baltimore. but i see lurie and banner as guys who want to, like you said, find the next sean payton. i mentioned a bunch of obscure names a few pages back. i kinda think that's the route they go if they cut the fat man loose.

I agree that I'd prefer billick to gruden or cowher. Billick had marv lewis running his defense though, and that was the reason billick has a ring.

the eagles need their defense built, so I don't think billick is the best option. better than most other names, but not ideal. I still think he's a downgrade from reid

you'd think vince lombardi would be a downgrade from andy reid.

my thinking if they go with billick is that they bring in a defensive coordintor who isn't currently an offensive line coach. i think billick will have enough sense not to do something asinine like that....and yes, i'm actively rooting for steve spagnuola to still lose his job. ;)
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    I figured it's probably 610 nonsense.

I'm fine with replacing reid if they have someone that I think will do a better job. I just don't think that person is someone that's been rumored (or desired by the fans)

reid isn't going anywhere. someone told me he has a "no fire clause." :lol:

just posting what I read. Reid has an agreement with banner and lurie that he will not be fired when his time is up. he will step down or it will be spun in a way where it's not a firing

not sure why that's so hard to believe. he obviously has a good rapport with ownership/management

well that is different from what you initially inferred:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Apparently Reid has a 'no fire' clause in his contract. Doesn't look like he's going anywhere anytime soon.

sounded like you clearly thought the eagles could not fire their coach if they wanted too.

so you're saying they will give him the "francona" treatment? i think most anticipate, after 13 years, it will go down like that anyway. reid deserves that much.

but either way, if lurie and banner want to get rid of them, obviously they can.
    www.myspace.com
    compelling case from a former reid backer:

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-phila ... feedID=692
    Lurie must fire Reid to restore Birds' image

Jeffrey Lurie sees the exact same things we see.

All of it.

He sees Stacy Andrews leave Philly with $9 million after starting two games. He sees Kevin Curtis leave Philly with $15.3 million after having one great game and a bunch of mediocre ones. He sees $4 million pickup Vince Young throwing the football to the other team pass after pass after pass.

He sees Jerome McDougle drafted instead of Troy Polamalu, Brandon Graham instead of Earl Thomas, Trevor Laws instead of Calais Campbell.

He sees Chris Clemons, Chris Gocong, Antwan Barnes, Joe Mays and Brodrick Bunkley -- non-factors here -- join other teams and immediately excel.

He sees the Eagles stick with players who clearly can’t play, like Ernie Sims, Will James, L.J. Smith, Nick Cole and Reggie Brown. He sees guys regress, like Michael Vick, DeSean Jackson, Nate Allen and Stewart Bradley. He sees Day 1 draft picks making zero impact, like Daniel Te’o-Nesheim, Victor Abiamiri and Bryan Smith.

He sees his head coach punting when he should go for it and going for it when he should punt. He sees the ill-fated Ronnie Brown option play, the rookie punter underthrowing an open receiver by 20 yards, the fourth-down goal-line pass to Brent Celek that had no chance to work.

He sees it all.

He sees the Juan Castillo disaster. The 1-8 record at home over the past 365 days. The blowout losses. The lack of discipline. The NFL-record five blown fourth-quarter leads. The penalties. The missed tackles. The bickering coaches on the sideline. The “Fire Andy” chants and banners. The three consecutive years since a postseason win. Rory Segrest. A fan base furious every time it has to watch legendary Brian Dawkins deliver a huge play for the Broncos while his replacements bumble their way through missed tackle after missed tackle.

Lurie is a smart man. Smart enough to turn his initial $185 million investment in 1994 into a franchise now worth $1.16 billion with a beautiful stadium and practice facility, a long season-ticket waiting list and massive merchandise sales.

He also sees Jon Gruden winning a Super Bowl in their first year, Mike Tomlin winning a Super Bowl in his second year, Sean Payton winning a Super Bowl in his fourth year.

And it’s impossible to escape this conclusion: If Lurie does indeed see everything we see, he will change coaches when the 2011 season ends.

Because the last thing Lurie wants is a city that can't stand his football team. The last thing he wants is a fan base that collectively harbors an incredible amount of bitterness, anger and frustration toward the Eagles. The last thing he wants is an overwhelmingly negative image associated with his franchise.

And that’s exactly what he’s stuck with right now.

The Eagles have had bad teams before. Plenty of them.

From 1962 through 1977, they had one winning season and no playoff appearances in a 16-year span. From 1982 through 1999, an 18-year span, they won just two playoff games and never made it past the wild-card round under six different coaches.

But they’ve never had this. People who’ve grown up with this team, third-generation fans, aren’t just disappointed with the Eagles, they’re fed up. They’re angry. They’ve had enough of this football team, they’ve had enough of this coach, and they’ve had enough of things just not changing.

They see the Eagles as a collection of overpaid, underachieving, whining, complaining divas with a sense of entitlement who won’t hesitate to talk big but can’t -- or won’t -- back it up on the field.

By any measure, Reid is a successful NFL head coach. Only 13 coaches in NFL history have taken more teams to the playoffs. Only 11 coaches with at least 200 games have a higher winning percentage.

But this goes way beyond any of that. This goes right to the heart of how the Eagles are perceived in Philadelphia and why. And right now, the Eagles rank down there in popularity with SEPTA, the Philadelphia Parking Authority, roving PenDOT crews and Lew Blum Towing. Public sentiment is fiercely anti-Eagles right now. All because of Reid.

When the Eagles were routinely making deep playoff runs, Reid’s popularity was always relatively low, thanks in part to the three upset losses in NFC Championship Game and just as much because Reid simply couldn't -- or wouldn't -- connect with the fans who had invested so much into this team.

So whether or not Lurie is confident that Reid can coach the Eagles back into the NFL elite isn’t the primary issue here, although it will certainly be a factor when Lurie decides whether to keep Reid or move on with a new head coach for the first time in 14 years.

Lurie is obsessed with his franchise’s image, as he should be. Wander around the NovaCare Complex. There’s a reason the picture frames in all the offices in the building -- no matter what floor you're on or what department you're in -- are precisely the same color. There’s a reason the grass out front by the entranceway is freshly cut every 48 hours. There’s a reason the hallways are lined with historical displays and photographs, like an Eagles museum.

A big part of the value of the Eagles is the value of that word “Eagles,” and all that it invokes.

He wants that word and its trademarks and logos to resonate positively whenever they’re spoken or seen. Right now, they resonate not just negatively but grotesquely.

Even their most loyal, devoted fans despise this team, and even Reid’s most ardent supporters concede that something is terribly wrong these days inside the soul of this football team.

Right now, the perception of the Eagles is at its lowest point since at least the mid-1980s, when they sputtered through six straight losing seasons. Maybe at its lowest point ever, since expectations were astronomically high this year.

Lurie can change all of that. He can change it in an instant. With one decision.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    dumb if vick starts sunday. play kafka
    The Fixer wrote:

kafka is aj feeley. there's no future with kafka and they're not going to try and purposely lose.

i have a feeling the birds blow them out on sunday. first time i've felt good about a game in over a month. too bad it's meaningless! :lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

kafka is aj feeley. there's no future with kafka and they're not going to try and purposely lose.

i have a feeling the birds blow them out on sunday. first time i've felt good about a game in over a month. too bad it's meaningless! :lol::lol:

They should play him to see if he can be a legit backup in this league. Remember reid turned feeley into a 2nd round pick.

Hopefully vick breaks his leg and they are forced to play kafka. win-win scenario
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

They should play him to see if he can be a legit backup in this league. Remember reid turned feeley into a 2nd round pick.

Hopefully vick breaks his leg and they are forced to play kafka. win-win scenario

classy :thumbup:

if vick breaks his leg, reid will play his $5,000,000 backup.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't care. I can't stand the guy. He's a loser

I can't openly root for the eagles to lose. I know it's in their best interest to do so at this point though.

If I was the miami OC Bush would have 30 targets out of the backfield on sunday.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I can't openly root for the eagles to lose. I know it's in their best interest to do so at this point though.

me neither.

the coach is fighting for his job at this point though. he'll want to win as many meaningless games as possible to sell the fact they've turned the corner...again. :roll: so frustrating. :x
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

me neither.

the coach is fighting for his job at this point though. he'll want to win as many meaningless games as possible to sell the fact they've turned the corner...again. :roll: so frustrating. :x

yeah, I know. the thing is that line of thinking is beyond stupid. the guy has been here for 13 years. if people are judging him on the last 4 games of a lost season, then this organization has much bigger problems than we think they do.

pretty damn ironic that reid will try to win these last 4 games to save his job even though it ends up hurting his team in the grand scheme of things

what a frustrating year. just end already
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

me neither.

yeah, I know. the thing is that line of thinking is beyond stupid. the guy has been here for 13 years. if people are judging him on the last 4 games of a lost season, then this organization has much bigger problems than we think they do.

pretty damn ironic that reid will try to win these last 4 games to save his job even though it ends up hurting his team in the grand scheme of things

what a frustrating year. just end already

hopefully they judge him on the previous 7 years.
    www.myspace.com

right. how many teams had more playoff appearances during that period? or more playoff wins?
    The Fixer wrote:

right. how many teams had more playoff appearances during that period? or more playoff wins?

who cares about just making an "appearance" in the playoffs? you don't in other threads, yet love it in this one. :? this team has been trending downward for the better part of a decade now.

and the guy has won a grand total of 3 playoff games in the last 7 years with the last one coming 3 seasons ago. pretty sure there are a lot of teams with more in that time frame.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    love the Eagles tomorrow. say 32-20 Birds.
    pjhawks wrote:

i agree.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

i agree.

Still haven't given up on them, huh? Don't be silly, 27-23 Dolphins ;)
    The Fixer wrote:

who cares about just making an "appearance" in the playoffs? you don't in other threads, yet love it in this one. :? this team has been trending downward for the better part of a decade now.

and the guy has won a grand total of 3 playoff games in the last 7 years with the last one coming 3 seasons ago. pretty sure there are a lot of teams with more in that time frame.

comparing the phils and eagles is ridiculous. all about putting expectations into perspective son

eagles success today will depend on how many times the turnover machine coughs up the ball. he has killed them all year. I really do hope he gets hurt again
    vick is so bad
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

comparing the phils and eagles is ridiculous. all about putting expectations into perspective son

right.

3 playoff wins in 7 years. i realize that is a tough record to defend.
    www.myspace.com
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Is this game shaping up for another 4 quarter collapse or is this the game that turns the corner for the eagles and Reid starts to convince ownership he's the man for job. I hope he don't lose his job...in this economy it's tough to find work ;).
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Is this game shaping up for another 4 quarter collapse or is this the game that turns the corner for the eagles and Reid starts to convince ownership he's the man for job. I hope he don't lose his job...in this economy it's tough to find work ;).

i dislike both of your scenarios.

this is the longest game ever.
    www.myspace.com
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    lukin2006 wrote:

I just don't want to see him lose his job...especially if Rob Ryan gets a head coaching job...then Jones might hire him as D coordinator... ;)
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I just don't want to see him lose his job...especially if Rob Ryan gets a head coaching job...then Jones might hire him as D coordinator... ;)

your posts are horrible. they don't make sense and they're not funny.

scram
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    Go G-Men :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD