THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited November 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

okay. so more importantly, if you think the eagles cannot win because of these decisions andy reid has made, wouldn't you agree with the rest of us that it's time to let him go? if not, why keep a guy who's decisions, according to you, are preventing this team from winning the ultimate goal?.....your logic doesn't make sense unless you enjoy mediocre football, which is what we've had for the last 7 years.

okay, you said spagnolo was 'interesting'. as usual, you fail to tell everyone what you would do to improve a philly team (see phils thread...oh shit, you wont' post anything baseball-related there). If you complain about something, you should have a plan to improve what you're bitching about.

Reid has had an awful year. No doubt. the castillo decision, his play calling, the vick extension. all horrendous. If he gets fired I can't argue. He's been that bad. I'd keep him because I still think he is the best guy to lead this team. I firmly believe that. He needs help running/drafting defensive players. Morningweig could be let go since he is apparently involved in the offensive play calling.

I guess it comes down to my belief that if reid gets canned or steps down (more likely...who want to deal with such a douche fan base???), that the eagles will take an immediate step backwards.

I'm all for what's best for the franchise going forward. Again, Reid has been AWFUL this year. I still think he's the a good personnel evaluator and coach. the best option the team has.

I've been saying the same shit for 2 years. none of this is new

okay, to sum up:
    you agree that reid has had an awful year. good.
    you agree the castillo decision was awful. good. we're making progress.
    you disagree with andy reid extending vick's contract because, according to you, the eagles will never win with him at quarterback.
    after 13 years as a head coach, you think he "needs help running/drafting defensive players"---yet say he's a good personnel evaluator and coach. :lol: :?
    and you think offensive coordinator, marty morningwheg, should be let go because he is "apparently involved in the offensive play calling" with andy reid.

despite all this you would not fire reid because you think they would take a step backwards? :o what?

fixer--they've taken about 20 giant leaps backwards this year, with a team that was expected to make a deep playoff run, due to all of these things you've listed here (and much more actually). i think the better question is who could have done a worse coaching job this year? rich kotite? ray rhodes? :lol:

assuming they finish with 7 wins, that will give reid's teams an average of about 8.5 wins per year for the past seven years with no playoff wins since 2008 (according to a post by you in the phils thread, that is now a long time ago). this is the definition of mediocrity, my friend. they've been trending this way for a long time now. bringing back reid is an endorsement of mediocre football.

time for a change. i think you're seeing the light. ;)
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    it's all a moot point because he has a "no fire clause" though.

:lol: ---that is one of the funniest things i've read on here in a while :clap:
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    even with a disaster at QB, I have a feeling that the eagles are gonna win tonight
  • The Fixer wrote:
    even with a disaster at QB, I have a feeling that the eagles are gonna win tonight

It's at the Eagles favorite place. The Meadowlands. :lol:

All they have to do is hand it to Shady. No way Andy screws that up. :?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    it's all a moot point because he has a "no fire clause" though.

:lol: ---that is one of the funniest things i've read on here in a while :clap:

funniest thing I read was you defending vick's play this season
    The Fixer wrote:

It's at the Eagles favorite place. The Meadowlands. :lol:

All they have to do is hand it to Shady. No way Andy screws that up. :?

They should just run it every down with young under center.

This should be an interesting one
    The Fixer wrote:

okay. so more importantly, if you think the eagles cannot win because of these decisions andy reid has made, wouldn't you agree with the rest of us that it's time to let him go? if not, why keep a guy who's decisions, according to you, are preventing this team from winning the ultimate goal?.....your logic doesn't make sense unless you enjoy mediocre football, which is what we've had for the last 7 years.

okay, you said spagnolo was 'interesting'. as usual, you fail to tell everyone what you would do to improve a philly team (see phils thread...oh shit, you wont' post anything baseball-related there). If you complain about something, you should have a plan to improve what you're bitching about.

Reid has had an awful year. No doubt. the castillo decision, his play calling, the vick extension. all horrendous. If he gets fired I can't argue. He's been that bad. I'd keep him because I still think he is the best guy to lead this team. I firmly believe that. He needs help running/drafting defensive players. Morningweig could be let go since he is apparently involved in the offensive play calling.

I guess it comes down to my belief that if reid gets canned or steps down (more likely...who want to deal with such a douche fan base???), that the eagles will take an immediate step backwards.

I'm all for what's best for the franchise going forward. Again, Reid has been AWFUL this year. I still think he's the a good personnel evaluator and coach. the best option the team has.

okay, to sum up:
    you disagree with andy reid extending vick's contract because, according to you, the eagles will never win with him at quarterback.
    after 13 years as a head coach, you think he "needs help running/drafting defensive players"---yet say he's a good personnel evaluator and coach. :lol: :?
    and you think offensive coordinator, marty morningwheg, should be let go because he is "apparently involved in the offensive play calling" with andy reid.

despite all this you would not fire reid because you think they would take a step backwards? :o what?

fixer--they've taken about 20 giant leaps backwards this year, with a team that was expected to make a deep playoff run, due to all of these things you've listed here (and much more actually). i think the better question is who could have done a worse coaching job this year? rich kotite? ray rhodes? :lol:

assuming they finish with 7 wins, that will give reid's teams an average of about 8.5 wins per year for the past seven years with no playoff wins since 2008 (according to a post by you in the phils thread, that is now a long time ago). this is the definition of mediocrity, my friend. they've been trending this way for a long time now. bringing back reid is an endorsement of mediocre football.

yet you can't name ONE candidate you'd rather have. not one

this year was abn aberration. they brough in a bunch of new players/coaches and never found their stride. I think that could be the most attributable reason for their failure this season.

bad season, not doubt. I don't think reid is going anywhere
  • Why couldn't it have been Faith Hill to be the one who called Obama a Nazi? :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Why couldn't it have been Faith Hill to be the one who called Obama a Nazi? :roll:

hahahaha. classic

these prime time games are brutal to watch with the 9 billion commercials. That said, the sunday night broadcast is so much better than the crap on monday night. michaels and collinsworth are the absolute best. I think they're the best NFL broadcast team of all time. I love collinsworth.
  • Wow and i thought are Off looked bad against Ari.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Wow and i thought are Off looked bad against Ari.

young's mechanics make phillips rivers' look pretty

Chad Hall!! what's he doing in before the red zone??
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Wow and i thought are Off looked bad against Ari.

young's mechanics make phillips rivers' look pretty

Chad Hall!! what's he doing in before the red zone??
    I'll never get how an Nfl Qb can look so bad. Although he blows as a Qb Tebow at least wins.
    Go Birds!!!!
    jacobs runs like such a pussy for a big dude
    jackson is such a fucking loser
  • How is that not an after the play foul?? And yes he's a tool.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Jackson proving again how big of a douche he is.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    Jackson proving again how big of a douche he is.

for real. nice effort after that pick.

I can't stand him
  • I think that was a TD for the douche. Hilarious that that happened again.

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    someone else mentioned it...how does that turn into offsetting penalties? if the gmen didn't commit a penalty wouldn't the Eagles have the ball 35 yards down the field? how was this not even talked about?
  • RW81233 wrote:
    someone else mentioned it...how does that turn into offsetting penalties? if the gmen didn't commit a penalty wouldn't the Eagles have the ball 35 yards down the field? how was this not even talked about?

It was like the eagles were penalized for the giants having a penalty on the play.

edited November 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

okay, to sum up:

yet you can't name ONE candidate you'd rather have. not one

this year was abn aberration. they brough in a bunch of new players/coaches and never found their stride. I think that could be the most attributable reason for their failure this season.

bad season, not doubt. I don't think reid is going anywhere

i gave you 2 a few days ago. and you replied to the post. :? that isn't really the point right now though. when teams, or companies, fire people they don't know who the replacement is right away. that is why they have extensive an interviewing/vetting process. lurie spent weeks interviewing multiple candidates before landing on an unknown named andy reid. i would expect them to do the same this year. the same names we all hear about will pop up. like i said before i'm not sure if they go the gruden/billick route or start fresh with a chudzinski, koetter, fewell, manusky, moss, or toub. toub is intriguing as he spent time here about 10 years ago. google them if you don't know who they are. i'm just not sure yet. i am sure that it's time for a change though.

bunch of new coaches/players. wow. how do you explain jim harbough's success? :lol:....and all those changes were meant for a super bowl run THIS year.

aberration. haha aberation??...what's his excuse for the last 7 years? seriously man. you go and give about 6 reason's why he should be fired and then say "he's the best man for the job." aberration. you're still crying over the phillies season yet, give reid a mulligan for this one. at least have some consistency.

other than a blanket statement like being "the best man for the job" what specifically has reid done over the last 7 years to deserve a 14th shot at winning a super bowl? you've already listed reasons why he should be fired but you don't want to fire him. what are the reasons he should be kept around?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    where is the flex schedule when you need it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I think that was a TD for the douche. Hilarious that that happened again.

coughlin's face was exactly the same :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    i gave you 2 a few days ago. and you replied to the post. :? that isn't really the point right now though. when teams, or companies, fire people they don't know who the replacement is right away. that is why they have extensive an interviewing/vetting process. lurie spent weeks interviewing multiple candidates before landing on an unknown named andy reid. i would expect them to do the same this year. the same names we all hear about will pop up. like i said before i'm not sure if they go the gruden/billick route or start fresh with a chudzinski, koetter, fewell, manusky, moss, or toub. toub is intriguing as he spent time here about 10 years ago. google them if you don't know who they are. i'm just not sure yet. i am sure that it's time for a change though.

bunch of new coaches/players. wow. how do you explain jim harbough's success? :lol:....and all those changes were meant for a super bowl run THIS year.

aberration. haha aberation??...what's his excuse for the last 7 years? seriously man. you go and give about 6 reason's why he should be fired and then say "he's the best man for the job." aberration. you're still crying over the phillies season yet, give reid a mulligan for this one. at least have some consistency.

other than a blanket statement like being "the best man for the job" what specifically has reid done over the last 7 years to deserve a 14th shot at winning a super bowl? you've already listed reasons why he should be fired but you don't want to fire him. what are the reasons he should be kept around?

funny that you're telling me to google people. you are the one that didn't know who james starks was last year (you even called him parks after the game :lol: ). I had to explain to you that he was a beast at U of buffalo and kiper had him ranked as a top 5 senior RB all season leading up to the draft.

the 9ers don't really have many new players this year. the eagles have a lot of new players. it's not that complitcated

sorry I haven't gotten over the phils being one of the biggest playoff chokers in mlb history. most phils fans I know are still upset about that. just further proof you're not a baseball guy (again, nothing wrong with that unless someone acts like they're a die hard, which you pretend to be. ironic that you're the one that calls people frauds).

I'd keep reid because he has proven that he can build a team (look at the way he seamlessly transitioned the offense from the mcnabb era to the current team...he just whiffed horribly on the qb that you haphazzardly continue to defend). His players always go to bat for him, they obviously like playing for him. I think he is still one of the best coaches in the NFL.

I don't know why you take it so personally that I like andy reid. it's kind of disturbing
    RW81233 wrote:

It was like the eagles were penalized for the giants having a penalty on the play.
    exactly...and not one word. i guess ripping on d-jax took precedent over good reporting.
    these QBs are so bad.
    So in August did you guys envision a must-win game against the Giants featuring a Young to Cooper fade? And still maintaining the lead?
    RW81233 wrote:
    So in August did you guys envision a must-win game against the Giants featuring a Young to Cooper fade? And still maintaining the lead?

Of course not.

I like riley cooper. he's one of the few guys on this team that's not a jerk off. I think he could be a decent 3rd WR in this league
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    :yawn:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    The Fixer wrote:

funny that you're telling me to google people. you are the one that didn't know who james starks was last year (you even called him parks after the game :lol: ). I had to explain to you that he was a beast at U of buffalo and kiper had him ranked as a top 5 senior RB all season leading up to the draft.

the 9ers don't really have many new players this year. the eagles have a lot of new players. it's not that complitcated

sorry I haven't gotten over the phils being one of the biggest playoff chokers in mlb history. most phils fans I know are still upset about that. just further proof you're not a baseball guy (again, nothing wrong with that unless someone acts like they're a die hard, which you pretend to be. ironic that you're the one that calls people frauds).

I'd keep reid because he has proven that he can build a team (look at the way he seamlessly transitioned the offense from the mcnabb era to the current team...he just whiffed horribly on the qb that you haphazzardly continue to defend). His players always go to bat for him, they obviously like playing for him. I think he is still one of the best coaches in the NFL.

I don't know why you take it so personally that I like andy reid. it's kind of disturbing

mispronouncing a guy's name constitutes not knowing who he is huh? :lol: you're right, though. that is funny. also funny how you failed to properly address that part of my post. oh, fixer.

so why treat the phillies different? why continually crush a team that was supposed to get the word series for losing in the playoffs every day and then just call this eagles season, a season in which they were favorites to make a deep playoff run that is now essentially over in november, an "aberration." eh, whatever, they'll get 'em next year! right? ha... it's funny that you continue to give andy reid a pass for mediocre football year in, year out, yet treat the phillies differently. consistency fixer. you don't have it.

the 49ers have an entirely new coaching staff. entirely new. they also have a new secondary, among other positions. i guess you didn't know that. so don't worry about answering the question as you are not equiped to do so.

reid has proven he can build a team. that much i will grant. he just has proven he cannot build a championship team. he's built a pretty consistent mediocre team for going on a decade now. your lack of specifics speaks volumes. just the same old mantra.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.