THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Reid has done a great job drafting offensive talent. He just needs someone to run the defense and draft defensive players for him

The Castillo thing has been horrible. So has the Vick thing. If Reid gets fired for those moves then I can't blame the front office. They have been colassal failures.

Namdi (when he stops playing like a homo I will learn to spell his name) couldn't cover any of us. Fitzgerald would have done the same damage if he was covering him. He has been just as bad as everyone else not named mccoy and celek.

At this point he has too much control and he can't be trusted to find someone to run the defense, since he has failed miserably two straight years. It's not like they can keep him here and just take away some control - doesn't work that way. Time to start fresh. He has had a good run and probably was just unlucky to not win a SB, but them's the breaks.

I don't understand what jammin is talking about above... What's an offensive? A tank movement in a battle?

I will always be pro-Reid, but I can't argue with any of your points.

And, haha

Also, I wouldn't give desean jackson a dime.
    As we've talked about Reid's been just fine as a coach, but when will you stop drafting WRs that are shorter than me? Who was the last true sexy WR under 6' 2"? Probably someone on the Colts. Seriously there's nothing better than knowing when Tony Romo is looking at Dez Bryant and his left shoulder is higher than his right...no one can stop it. I'm sure Lions fans feel even better when Megatron and Matty Icepack are involved. Tom Brady bitches because he has a Triple A version of the Eagles.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Apparently Reid has a 'no fire' clause in his contract. Doesn't look like he's going anywhere anytime soon.
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    The Fixer wrote:
    Apparently Reid has a 'no fire' clause in his contract. Doesn't look like he's going anywhere anytime soon.

Music to my ears :D
    crazypjfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm one of the 5 people in philly that's still in his corner. Dude is a good coach that's having a horrible year.

He needs to get someone to run the defense. And they need to draft a QB that can take the reigns from vick in the next year or two.

They have a ton of draft picks. This team isn't in bad shape going forward. Just a horrible, horrible season.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I've never heard of a coach with a no fire clause before, that would surprise me if he really did have that.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    The Fixer wrote:
    This team isn't in bad shape going forward. Just a horrible, horrible season.

Sounds like the 2010 Cowboys. I couldn't wait for that shit to end.
    this team reminds me almost exactly of last years cowboys...everyone's reactions on here are about the same as ours were too. it's weird how a shitty season can suck the life out of your NFL fandom, because it does suck to watch your team blow out other teams then come back and find magical ways to lose.
  • The Fixer wrote:

WTF is a no fire clause? You can fire anyone. You just have to pay off the rest of the contract. :?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    RW81233 wrote:
    this team reminds me almost exactly of last years cowboys...everyone's reactions on here are about the same as ours were too. it's weird how a shitty season can suck the life out of your NFL fandom, because it does suck to watch your team blow out other teams then come back and find magical ways to lose.

Yup
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited November 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

what the hell are you talking about?

:?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm one of the 5 people in philly that's still in his corner. Dude is a good coach that's having a horrible year.

He needs to get someone to run the defense. And they need to draft a QB that can take the reigns from vick in the next year or two.

They have a ton of draft picks. This team isn't in bad shape going forward. Just a horrible, horrible season.

what has he done since 2004? i mean the eagles have been a mediocre team for 7 years. 7 years is a long ass time man.

"he needs to get someone to run the defense." gee, you think? maybe the strength and conditioning coach should get an interview. i think promoting the fucking offensive line coach to coordinate the defense is a fire-able offense in and of itself. and it is one of the dumbest moves an nfl team has ever made. (and, yes, they are able to fire him if they want.)

they do have a ton of draft picks. awesome. shall we review all of his defensive drafts for about the last 10 years again? we all agreed they were pretty awful a few weeks back. there's no disputing it. you draft that badly for such a long period of time and you're stuck trying to buy a championship like we did this year.

sadly, i now think this guy is incapable of getting this team over the hump. last couple games sums it up for me. 30 plus offensive plays in the 4th quarter of both games they either led or were withing a score and he gives it to the 2nd best back in the league 4 times. mccoy leads the league with 7.1 yards per carry in the 4th quarter and he completely forgets about him. especially sunday when the qb was struggling (how many times have i mentioned this stuff in this thread?) and he benched his top deep threat. yeah, i get that the cardinals were awful against the pass (hey they're also 20th against the run, mr. hawks :roll: ) but if that's not working---MAKE A FUCKING ADJUSTMENT. same thing, every year. he never learns from his mistakes. never. in 13 years. how.is.that.possible???

look, i appreciate what he's done here. the first 5 years or so were awesome. the last 7 have been excruciatingly mediocre. it's time for a change....and at this point, i don't even know if change means bringing in a billick or a gruden or someone to tweak a few things to get them to the next level or if they need to blow the whole thing up. i just hate how soft and finessey (just like finesse, but with a "y") they've become. it's spread throughout the culture of this team. you see it ever week. it fucking blows.
    www.myspace.com
    reids gameplan last year vs GB was brilliant. they had a chance to beat a much better team. then the convict choked the game away (as he always does. dude has 2 fucking playoff wins in his 10 year career...HE SUCKS!!!!!!!)

Reid has had a terrible season on and off the field. I don't think all of the guys he brought in are as awful as they've played. He obvioulsy picked the wrong guy to run the defense (could be the 2nd worst decison ever, after picking vick to lead a team)...and he chose to go with a loser at QB (franchise needs to try a different flavor with their next QB. last 25 years -- randall, mcnabb, vick...AIDS, mono, SARS).

Insider shit I read says he has a clause in his contract that he can't be fired. I have no idea if it's true. Kinda sounds like something the eagles regime would agree to though. They seem pretty loyal.

Eagle fans just want buddy ryan back...the guy that's a god here even though he never won a playoff game. :roll:
  • The Fixer wrote:
    reids gameplan last year vs GB was brilliant. they had a chance to beat a much better team. then the convict choked the game away (as he always does. dude has 2 fucking playoff wins in his 10 year career...HE SUCKS!!!!!!!)

Reid has had a terrible season on and off the field. I don't think all of the guys he brought in are as awful as they've played. He obvioulsy picked the wrong guy to run the defense (could be the 2nd worst decison ever, after picking vick to lead a team)...and he chose to go with a loser at QB (franchise needs to try a different flavor with their next QB. last 25 years -- randall, mcnabb, vick...AIDS, mono, SARS).

Insider shit I read says he has a clause in his contract that he can't be fired. I have no idea if it's true. Kinda sounds like something the eagles regime would agree to though. They seem pretty loyal.

Eagle fans just want buddy ryan back...the guy that's a god here even though he never won a playoff game. :roll:

Either way you slice it or dice it it's been 13yrs without a title. He's
    consistently made the same mistakes either in coaching or picking the wrong QB

The only part of Buddy Ryan I want is the defense. This D is way too soft.

The argument about who would you bring in ? Who can answer that, no
    one knows who will win a title. Did anyone know the Steelers coach
    Before they signed him ? Reid has done a good job keeping this team consistent
    but after 13yrs it's time to go.
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Andy Reid's career winning percentage against winning teams is .390

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    The Fixer wrote:

I believe Akers was more to blame for that loss than Vick.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I think you just have to ask yourself if anything in his long history leads you to believe he is the man capable of righting the ship and turning this obviously very flawed team into a champion. And if that answer is no, then you have to fire him and start over. 13 years is a long time - a lot of chances. It's not like this is happening to a 2nd year coach or something.

If I were an Eagles fan I would want him fired yesterday.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Overall, it's a team effort. I don't think you can blame a kicker just because he might have missed a fg to tie or win it. You have plenty of opportunities throughout the course of a game to put up points.
  • Flagg wrote:
    I think you just have to ask yourself if anything in his long history leads you to believe he is the man capable of righting the ship and turning this obviously very flawed team into a champion. And if that answer is no, then you have to fire him and start over. 13 years is a long time - a lot of chances. It's not like this is happening to a 2nd year coach or something.

If any other coach in this town did not win a title for 13yrs there
    wouldn't even be a question about his firing

His winning pct against good teams says it all

• Eagles promote WR Chad Hall from the practice squad and release S Jarrad Page.

I see a few Red Zone plays on the way

:lol: :roll:

Eagles promote WR Chad Hall from the practice squad and release S Jarrad Page.

oh christ. didn't know that midget was still around

I'm so excited to watch vince young on sunday night. going to be hilarious
    Did anyone know the Steelers coach
    Before they signed him ? .

Yeah, he was the DC in minnesota. he used to wear his hat backwards on the sidelines like an ass hole. Pretty sure he played d-back at william & mary
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Eagles promote WR Chad Hall from the practice squad and release S Jarrad Page.

oh christ. didn't know that midget was still around

I'm so excited to watch vince young on sunday night. going to be hilarious

Trying to load up on Giants for fantasy this week.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:
    Did anyone know the Steelers coach
    Before they signed him ? .

Yeah, he was the DC in minnesota. he used to wear his hat backwards on the sidelines like an ass hole. Pretty sure he played d-back at william & mary
    haha...as I mentioned before he was my MA/PhD advisor's MA student in Sport Management at Memphis back in the day. So David Andrews, the Englishman who loves Fulham and hates NFL football, did.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Ok, not changing your signals when your former QB is on the other sideline is both lazy and stupid.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... fl-wp11964
    Kolb told 94 WIP:
    "During the two-minute drill, you almost feel guilty. Mike's sitting there giving the signals, and I'm standing there on our sidelines, screaming at our corners, 'Hey it's a go ball, hey he's running a screen, hey he's running a slant.' [...]
    "How much of an effect do I really have? I'm screaming to one guy. He may hear me, he may not. Luckily for us at that point [presumably the two-minute drill at the end], the crowd was pretty dead and some of our guys could maybe hear it."
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Flagg wrote:

he's got a "no fire" clause. didn't you hear?

:lol:

honestly---this guy having a "no fire" clause totally explains everything. we've all been saying things like "if i make the same mistakes at my job day after day, year after year, there is no way i would keep my job." well, if i had a "no fire" clause i would!

and the not changing your signals when a former qb comes to town is just plain stupid and negligent.....and, honestly, funny. when we saw the story pop up at work yesterday, nobody was even surprised.

ps flag--i hate the fact that i'm agreeing with you cowboys fans so much this year :x :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    edited November 2011
    crazypjfan wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Overall, it's a team effort. I don't think you can blame a kicker just because he might have missed a fg to tie or win it. You have plenty of opportunities throughout the course of a game to put up points.

qb struggled, coach failed to get the ground game going again, defense let a backup run all over them and the kicker missed a couple makeable field goals. yeah, it's all the qb's fault (and the coach hand picked the qb :? ) :roll:

13 years of excuses around here man. that one, just happened to be year # 12's excuse. unreal. same shit every year.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

Either way you slice it or dice it it's been 13yrs without a title. He's
    consistently made the same mistakes either in coaching or picking the wrong QB

The only part of Buddy Ryan I want is the defense. This D is way too soft.

The argument about who would you bring in ? Who can answer that, no
    one knows who will win a title. Did anyone know the Steelers coach
    Before they signed him ? Reid has done a good job keeping this team consistent
    but after 13yrs it's time to go.

the buddy ryan thing is just idiotic. who the hell wants him back as head coach? :lol: that's almost as dumb as the "no fire" clause comment. he brings that up and the green bay game up for some reason because he cannot dispute what i said.

reid's shown he cannot properly evaluate defensive talent. poor drafting for about a decade shows that. he's failed two years in a row at selecting a defensive coordinator. and he continually makes the same mistakes year in, year out, with the way he manages a game....and, as you pointed out, he has a poor 13 year record against good competition.

i don't see how any level headed person can justify him coming back after this disaster. this team was supposed to contend for the super bowl this year.

but watch them "rally" to finish with 7 wins or something and then they spin that as if the team turned a corner and reid's back again next year. ugh.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    jimed14 wrote:
    Ok, not changing your signals when your former QB is on the other sideline is both lazy and stupid.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... fl-wp11964
    Kolb told 94 WIP:
    "During the two-minute drill, you almost feel guilty. Mike's sitting there giving the signals, and I'm standing there on our sidelines, screaming at our corners, 'Hey it's a go ball, hey he's running a screen, hey he's running a slant.' [...]
    "How much of an effect do I really have? I'm screaming to one guy. He may hear me, he may not. Luckily for us at that point [presumably the two-minute drill at the end], the crowd was pretty dead and some of our guys could maybe hear it."

maybe they didn't think Vick could handle a new set of signals :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I have to sit D-Jax this week, right? I picked up D. Moore from Oakland and will probably start him. I'm getting a bad fantasy vibe from all Eagles except Shady.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I have to sit D-Jax this week, right? I picked up D. Moore from Oakland and will probably start him. I'm getting a bad fantasy vibe from all Eagles except Shady.

now that the season is over......they might start scoring
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
This discussion has been closed.