THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    81 wrote:
    lesean mccoy is as good a running back as this team has ever had. it's about time people start realizing it.

hmm, where i have i heard this before. :think:

why were you guys pounding McCoy into the line during lasat 5 minutes of the game with a 34-7 lead.

RB's only have so many carriers in their career, no sense in wasting them in a meaningless situtation. Bring in the second or third string guy for those last few carriers.

just noticed this....i don't know. i think deon lewis was inactive but ronnie brown was still there.

i think mccoy finished 20 yards short of the eagles all time record. maybe andy was trying to let him have a shot at that? i agree with you though. i would have taken vick out too at that point.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429
    pjhawks wrote:
    It's about time we played a 60 minute game. Pj hawks u change ur mind yet? Shady just might be Barry Sanders mistresses son.

juggler i'd love to see reid comparison's against guys like cowher, gruden, and coughlin. and bellicheck is a convicted cheater who may have stole our super bowl title so fuck him.

never said mccoy wasn't great and no doubt he is having a great season and was awesome last night, but i'm sure all you geniuses in here are aware, and if watched on tv you know since they pointed it out at least 3 times last night, the cowboys played their safeties 20-30 yards down the field on every play because they were more afraid of...wait for it...wait for it...the pass. which is all the argument i had made weeks ago that the 1st option teams look to stop is not mccoy. again nothing against mccoy and not saying he isn'g great but that he is not the 1st option defenses stop is just a fact. but no reason for even a little bit of negativity today.

actually you haven't called him great. you referred to him as "pretty good" a few weeks ago.

he's the best player on the team (not desean jackson like you said was indisputable earlier this year):
    pjhawks wrote:
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... w#p3925511

jackson is the best and most talented player on this offense and not sure how that is disputed. mccoy is pretty good though.
    dallas had the number 1 rush defense going into last night. (and ps--your comment about the saftey's playing deep is one of the things we argued about in the packers playoff game when i said they should have run more because of what the defense was giving them. pack played like that all game. :roll: ) i was at the game and didn't notice and have not seen anything written about the safteys actually. like i said before though, that's why this offense is so great. so many ways for them to beat teams. which is why passing it 90% is incredibly stupid.

you must have hated that game last night. a 50/50 pass/run ratio. i can't believe they won utilizing their best player. shocking! :o:o:lol::lol:

not at all. if your offensive line can dominate the line of scrimmage like that i have no problem running the ball but that was the most dominating performance by our offensive line in many many years. i doubt we will see that again anytime soon. and as good as mccoy was some of those holes i could have run through.

as for playoffs and most other games if you struggle to block 9 guys with the safeties playing deep it still does no good to pound the ball into the line. 9,10, or 11 if you can't gain yards it's not setting up anything which is what i argue. so you can't use a dominating offensive line performance to say we should do that all the time because frankly we haven't seen and probably won't see as dominating of an offensive line performancce again like that for a long time.

and lewis was in a car accident yesterday, no injuries but was shaken up a bit so he was inactive.
  • If only Andy Reid had 2 weeks to prepare for every team...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    If only Andy Reid had 2 weeks to prepare for every team...

hopefully Lovie did something with his extra week.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited October 2011
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

juggler i'd love to see reid comparison's against guys like cowher, gruden, and coughlin. and bellicheck is a convicted cheater who may have stole our super bowl title so fuck him.

never said mccoy wasn't great and no doubt he is having a great season and was awesome last night, but i'm sure all you geniuses in here are aware, and if watched on tv you know since they pointed it out at least 3 times last night, the cowboys played their safeties 20-30 yards down the field on every play because they were more afraid of...wait for it...wait for it...the pass. which is all the argument i had made weeks ago that the 1st option teams look to stop is not mccoy. again nothing against mccoy and not saying he isn'g great but that he is not the 1st option defenses stop is just a fact. but no reason for even a little bit of negativity today.

actually you haven't called him great. you referred to him as "pretty good" a few weeks ago.

he's the best player on the team (not desean jackson like you said was indisputable earlier this year):
    pjhawks wrote:
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=121800&start=4290&hilit=pretty+good&p=3925511&view=show#p3925511

jackson is the best and most talented player on this offense and not sure how that is disputed. mccoy is pretty good though.
    dallas had the number 1 rush defense going into last night. (and ps--your comment about the saftey's playing deep is one of the things we argued about in the packers playoff game when i said they should have run more because of what the defense was giving them. pack played like that all game. :roll: ) i was at the game and didn't notice and have not seen anything written about the safteys actually. like i said before though, that's why this offense is so great. so many ways for them to beat teams. which is why passing it 90% is incredibly stupid.

you must have hated that game last night. a 50/50 pass/run ratio. i can't believe they won utilizing their best player. shocking! :o:o:lol::lol:

not at all. if your offensive line can dominate the line of scrimmage like that i have no problem running the ball but that was the most dominating performance by our offensive line in many many years. i doubt we will see that again anytime soon. and as good as mccoy was some of those holes i could have run through.

this goes against literally everything you've been saying in this thread. all you've been saying is throw throw throw. but i am happy to see you backing off that whole "throwing the ball 80% of the time is conservative" thing. all it took was one of the greatest rushing performances in the 80 year history of the franchise though. :lol:

you take what the defense gives you. but as i've said many times, running the ball helps your offensive line get in a groove. i think they've really improved recently. and with them healthy now, i'm excited for the rest of the year. the last two weeks have shown that mixing in some runs early creates lots of opportunities to stretch the field throughout the game.

this offense has way too many weapons to be one dimensional. let's hope they stick with this philosophy the rest of the way.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    If only Andy Reid had 2 weeks to prepare for every team...

hopefully Lovie did something with his extra week.

i can envision a low scoring game next week....
    www.myspace.com
    this goes against literally everything you've been saying in this thread. all you've been saying is throw throw throw. but i am happy to see you backing off that whole "throwing the ball 80% of the time is conservative" thing. all it took was one of the greatest rushing performances in the 80 year history of the franchise though. :lol:

you take what the defense gives you. but as i've said many times, running the ball helps your offensive line get in a groove. i think they've really improved recently. and with them healthy now, i'm excited for the rest of the year. the last two weeks have shown that mixing in some runs early creates lots of opportunities to stretch the field throughout the game.

this offense has way too many weapons to be one dimensional. let's hope they stick with this philosophy the rest of the way.

no it is not going against everything i said in this thread. last night was an anomaly and your comment of 'one of the greatest rushing performances in the 80-year history of the franchise' would clearly indicate that it is not in fact the norm.

let's enjoy the win but not overstate too much. still just 3-4 and 2 games out of the division lead (even with a top rated rusher...hmmm)
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    edited October 2011
    Flagg wrote:
    Y'all saved your season last night.

thing is, we have to pretty much save it every week from here on out though...

You guys would be all set if you could play that Cowboys team from last night every night ;)
    pjhawks wrote:

no it is not going against everything i said in this thread. last night was an anomaly and your comment of 'one of the greatest rushing performances in the 80-year history of the franchise' would clearly indicate that it is not in fact the norm.

let's enjoy the win but not overstate too much. still just 3-4 and 2 games out of the division lead (even with a top rated rusher...hmmm)

eh, whatever man. your posts are there for everyone to see. the arena league is always at your disposal. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    Y'all saved your season last night.

thing is, we have to pretty much save it every week from here on out though...

You guys would be all set if you could play that Cowboys team from last night every night ;)

can't wait to play them again :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

eh, whatever man. your posts are there for everyone to see. the arena league is always at your disposal. :lol:

so i guess you are expecting 'one of the greatest rushing performances in the 80-year history of the franchise (your words not mine)' each week now huh? yup makes a lot of sense. take one game and develop a full offensive philosophy around it :roll: run the ball for 1st downs, pass to score.
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

so i guess you are expecting 'one of the greatest rushing performances in the 80-year history of the franchise (your words not mine)' each week now huh? yup makes a lot of sense. take one game and develop a full offensive philosophy around it :roll: run the ball for 1st downs, pass to score.

one game? do you really watch this team?

for the season he leads the league in yards per game and yards per attempt. he's 2nd in yards and touchdowns. he's on pace to break wilbert montgomery's team rushing record. yeah, i'd think it would be wise for the eagles to continue using him the way they have been. :?

here's your over 80% passing: http://www.philadelphiasoul.com/home.cfm
    www.myspace.com
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I enjoyed that game, but know better to think the season is rescued.

someone please tell McCoy to tuck the ball, thank you

Wow, they pass 94% of the time! That's crazy..

for the season he leads the league in yards per game and yards per attempt. he's 2nd in yards and touchdowns. he's on pace to break wilbert montgomery's team rushing record. yeah, i'd think it would be wise for the eagles to continue using him the way they have been. :?

i don't know why we are getting into this one day after a great win. you know my philosophy and no matter how many yards mccoy racks up rushing my attitude isn't going to change. you cannot consistently run the ball in the NFL and put up enough points to win, especially with a leaky defense. again...run the ball for 1st downs, pass to score. i'm about points, not yards.
    cartoon.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pjhawks wrote:

i don't know why we are getting into this one day after a great win. you know my philosophy and no matter how many yards mccoy racks up rushing my attitude isn't going to change. you cannot consistently run the ball in the NFL and put up enough points to win, especially with a leaky defense. again...run the ball for 1st downs, pass to score. i'm about points, not yards.

when you have a leaky defense, a good idea is to try and keep them on the sidelines...a great way to keep them on the sidelines is to use a ball control offense..ie run the ball.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

when you have a leaky defense, a good idea is to try and keep them on the sidelines...a great way to keep them on the sidelines is to use a ball control offense..ie run the ball.

you get more yards per play in the passing game.

and the NFL's top 3 rushers this season have a combined record of 7-16 so far :o
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:

i get more yards per play in the passing game.

I thought you were all about points and not yards ;) More yards per play equals more time for a leaky defense to be on the field, you know..
    crazypjfan wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:

i get more yards per play in the passing game.

I thought you were all about points and not yards ;) More yards per play equals more time for a leaky defense to be on the field, you know..

yup and the more yards i get passing the closer i am to scoring. the more i score the better chance of winning. so to recap...harder to stop passing game, you gain more yards per passing (and a lot more per completed pass), score more points passing.

let me repeat, top 3 rushers in the league their teams are a combined 7-16...coincidence??
    crazypjfan wrote:
    cartoon.jpg

instead of romo maybe you shoud be picking on the cowboys' lines since those were what got dominated last night.
    pjhawks wrote:
    yup and the more yards i get passing the closer i am to scoring. the more i score the better chance of winning. so to recap...harder to stop passing game, you gain more yards per passing (and a lot more per completed pass), score more points passing.

let me repeat, top 3 rushers in the league their teams are a combined 7-16...coincidence??

That's great and all, but aren't we going for ball control here with a subpar defense? The only time you pass more than 60% of the time is when you get down by at least 3 touchdowns, like the Cowboys last night. Other than that, you need an even balance.

Romo has always put up big numbers, but he is NOT going to be effective without a solid running game. The Boys have proved that. Same goes for most teams.

4-10 rushers all play for teams with a winning record, though. Hell, Tate and Foster are 9 and 10 with over 1,000 yards combined AND have a 5-3 record.
  • crazypjfan wrote:
    Shady helped me win one of my fantasy teams. That was about the only bright spot for me last night!

Yea, he won me the game (hopefully). Rearviewmirrors season is still alive! :lol:

I come back to the thread a month later and people are still arguing about Andy Reid and pass/run ratio. :roll: Shocking. How often do they pass in the lingerie league Jeags?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    bears are gonna have issues with this team next week...theyre laying to their potential
    crazypjfan wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

That's great and all, but aren't we going for ball control here with a subpar defense? The only time you pass more than 60% of the time is when you get down by at least 3 touchdowns, like the Cowboys last night. Other than that, you need an even balance.

Romo has always put up big numbers, but he is NOT going to be effective without a solid running game. The Boys have proved that. Same goes for most teams.

4-10 rushers all play for teams with a winning record, though. Hell, Tate and Foster are 9 and 10 with over 1,000 yards combined AND have a 5-3 record.

i keep telling him to check out the arena league. he thinks i'm kidding but i'm dead serious.

in the soul's final game last year they threw it 36 times and ran it just 10 times. 80% passing. and---they scored 58 points! :o pjhawks would love it! :mrgreen:
    http://www.philadelphiasoul.com/home.cf ... 0110311074
    www.myspace.com
    crazypjfan wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

i keep telling him to check out the arena league. he thinks i'm kidding but i'm dead serious.

in the soul's final game last year they threw it 36 times and ran it just 10 times. 80% passing. and---they scored 58 points! :o pjhawks would love it! :mrgreen:

Soul has won a title so all you losers should own a jersey :D

and heard a stat now that LaRussa has retired the longest tenured coach in pro sports with one team is none other than our Andy Reid :D
    pjhawks wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

Soul has won a title so all you losers should own a jersey :D

and heard a stat now that LaRussa has retired the longest tenured coach in pro sports with one team is none other than our Andy Reid :D

you should make tony graziani your avatar instead of the r6
    www.myspace.com
  • Vick was seeing the field like he did that Monday Night game against the Redskins

I think they can only afford 2 more losses the rest of the way even though the divison stinks

With their conference losses obviously they need this weeks game

SB or BUST !!!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Vick was seeing the field like he did that Monday Night game against the Redskins

I think they can only afford 2 more losses the rest of the way even though the divison stinks

SB or BUST !!!

agreed. that kind of got lost in all of the mccoy talk. he looked great. most encouraging thing was that it was against a lot of blitz schemes.
    www.myspace.com
  • Vick was seeing the field like he did that Monday Night game against the Redskins

SB or BUST !!!

agreed. that kind of got lost in all of the mccoy talk. he looked great. most encouraging thing was that it was against a lot of blitz schemes.

His decision making was awesome. I think i remember maybe one ball getting batted down when Celek was covered by the goal line

I wish the dude would slide more though :lol:

Dare I say I saw him audible at the line also ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
This discussion has been closed.