THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    FUCK DALLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    PHILADELPHIA -- Unhappy he was trade bait, Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel criticized management and compared the team's front-office to people who play fantasy football.

"Couple people upstairs might not want me, but who cares. They've probably never played football," Samuel said Wednesday. "It's a business and they run it like a business and they're going to do what they need to do. They're playing with a lot of money, playing fantasy football, doing their thing."

Asked if he was referring to general manager Howie Roseman and president Joe Banner, Samuel replied: "Howie and Joe? I don't know, do they fit the comment I made? "There ya go. You think they're upstairs playing fantasy football with the owner's money?"

Samuel, a four-time Pro Bowl pick, said he doesn't have any problem with coach Andy Reid.

"Me and Andy talked, cleared it up, everything is good," Samuel said. "Everything has been good with me and Andy. That's my guy, that's who I play for, that's who I continue to play for. I go to war for Andy. It is what it is, all the other stuff upstairs."

Samuel's name has been mentioned in trade rumors since Philadelphia acquired cornerbacks Nnamdi Asomugha and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in July.

"When they traded for Dominique, I was happy. When they signed Nnamdi, definitely was happy," Samuel said. "But when they made the call to me and said they were trying to trade me, that's when it went bad. I know it's not a rumor. I know it's a fact. They called me. They called me and my agent. Talked to both of us."

Reid spoke to reporters early Wednesday, and said neither he nor Samuel were going to discuss the trade speculation.

But after Samuel's critical comments post-practice, Reid issued the following statement:

"I am aware of how Asante felt and we have since talked. We both left with a positive feeling going forward. As I have said previously, when we acquired Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Nnamdi Asomugha, we had received numerous calls on the availability of our cornerbacks.

"After discussing significant trade offers with other teams, we decided to keep all three cornerbacks on our team. Asante is a valuable member of our team and we appreciate all that he brings to this organization. As far as my relationship with Howie and Joe, I have a great deal of respect for both of them and I know we are all on the same page."

Samuel signed a six-year, $57 million contract with the Eagles in 2008. He's due to make $8.4 million next year and $10.4 million in 2013.

The Eagles (2-4) meet the Cowboys (3-3) in Philadelphia on Sunday night.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Sounds like lots of unhappiness and chaos up there. No way Reid and company survive after this season.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    Sounds like lots of unhappiness and chaos up there. No way Reid and company survive after this season.

We're gonna put an end to their season Sunday night! :D
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429
    Flagg wrote:

not really. one disgruntled player bitching to the media and one day later Reid somehow quelled it and Samuel basically apologized and said he was wrong. i would love to know what Reid said to Samuel to get him to shut his trap but Samuel's comments after meeting were Reid were pretty telling. and not one player has come out against reid. even 2 of them tried to take on a dbag fan who put up a sign outside the practice facility a few weeks ago ripping reid. one thing the players won't do is throw reid under the bus. for some reason they love the guy.

and hey win this week and right back in the race. and they will win this week.
    pjhawks wrote:
    and hey win this week and right back in the race.

Yeah, for a few weeks until Vick gets hurt again.

That's if he doesn't get hurt this weekend...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    pjhawks wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

not really. one disgruntled player bitching to the media and one day later Reid somehow quelled it and Samuel basically apologized and said he was wrong. i would love to know what Reid said to Samuel to get him to shut his trap but Samuel's comments after meeting were Reid were pretty telling. and not one player has come out against reid. even 2 of them tried to take on a dbag fan who put up a sign outside the practice facility a few weeks ago ripping reid. one thing the players won't do is throw reid under the bus. for some reason they love the guy.

well your'e right with the last thing you said. but if they lose i think things can get ugly pretty quickly. kind of reminds me of the old late 80's, early 90's birds. the "us against management" theme.

there is a rift between banner/roseman and reid. i've thought it's been growing for a few years now. if reid can't right the ship and get them to playoffs and win a game there, i think a change may finally be made.
    www.myspace.com
    if reid can't right the ship and get them to playoffs and win a game there, i think a change may finally be made.

and that may be a good thing for you guys..
    Finally, things are starting to heat up around here!
    pjhawks wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

well your'e right with the last thing you said. but if they lose i think things can get ugly pretty quickly. kind of reminds me of the old late 80's, early 90's birds. the "us against management" theme.

there is a rift between banner/roseman and reid. i've thought it's been growing for a few years now. if reid can't right the ship and get them to playoffs and win a game there, i think a change may finally be made.

agree with you there that if it turns badly he will most likely be gone (and for the 1st time i believe he shoudl be if they end up like 6-10 or worse) but the only time Reid hasn't righted the ship was when he had Mike McMahon as quarterback. long history here leads me to believe that this team will end up making a run and with reid's teams it usually starts after the bye and/or in the 2nd half of the season.
    pjhawks wrote:
    long history here leads me to believe that this team will end up making a run and with reid's teams it usually starts after the bye and/or in the 2nd half of the season.

Don't count on it this year, bud :D
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

agree with you there that if it turns badly he will most likely be gone (and for the 1st time i believe he shoudl be if they end up like 6-10 or worse) but the only time Reid hasn't righted the ship was when he had Mike McMahon as quarterback. long history here leads me to believe that this team will end up making a run and with reid's teams it usually starts after the bye and/or in the 2nd half of the season.

and 2007. the last 2 years they fell apart at the end with a first round bye on the line.

all the other runs were led by jim johnson's defense for the most part...and consisted of different players and coaching staff's.

they need to run the table in the division and go 7-3, at worst, to just have a shot (they're probably not going to win any tie breakers with 3 conference losses already). sunday night is essentially a playoff game. it is no gimmie...dallas has been playing well.
    www.myspace.com
    and 2007. the last 2 years they fell apart at the end with a first round bye on the line.

all the other runs were led by jim johnson's defense for the most part...and consisted of different players and coaching staff's.

they need to run the table in the division and go 7-3, at worst, to just have a shot (they're probably not going to win any tie breakers with 3 conference losses already). sunday night is essentially a playoff game. it is no gimmie...dallas has been playing well.

but falling apart and making the playoffs still doesn't suck so i don't consider those years falling apart.

and jim johnson's defense and david akers choked the arizona playoff game.

i said 9-7 before the season and i still see them ending up there. and yes the division games are must wins but they pretty much always are.
    pjhawks wrote:

but falling apart and making the playoffs still doesn't suck so i don't consider those years falling apart.

and jim johnson's defense and david akers choked the arizona playoff game.

i said 9-7 before the season and i still see them ending up there. and yes the division games are must wins but they pretty much always are.

falling apart with an immensley critical first round bye on the line, and losing in the first round sucks. i don't see how it doesn't.

agreed on your 2nd point (along with the offense doing nothing in the 1st half). still the d is the one who has led these 2nd half charges. coaching staff and players are vastly different too. that cannot be discounted.

i said struggling to get to 10 wins (my concerns have played out perfectly so far, unfortunately). so, yeah, 9-7 is certainly possible...but if that leaves us on the ouside looking in at the playoffs, that's not good enough with the talent level on this team.
    www.myspace.com
    falling apart with an immensley critical first round bye on the line, and losing in the first round sucks. i don't see how it doesn't.

agreed on your 2nd point (along with the offense doing nothing in the 1st half). still the d is the one who has led these 2nd half charges. coaching staff and players are vastly different too. that cannot be discounted.

i said struggling to get to 10 wins (my concerns have played out perfectly so far, unfortunately). so, yeah, 9-7 is certainly possible...but if that leaves us on the ouside looking in at the playoffs, that's not good enough with the talent level on this team.

agree 9-7 and no playoff spot isn't nearly good enough with the talent level of this team. it's why for the 1st time i am thinking it might be time to end the Reid era...but i'll wait until the season is over to say for sure.
    pjhawks wrote:

agree 9-7 and no playoff spot isn't nearly good enough with the talent level of this team. it's why for the 1st time i am thinking it might be time to end the Reid era...but i'll wait until the season is over to say for sure.

maybe there is hope for you yet.

:mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    in other news, jim johnson and eric allen to be inducted to honor roll sunday night.

looking forward to seeing that.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

samuel actually stuck up for reid the entire time. he was just pissed at banner and roseman.

reid is the man
    edited October 2011

This is all conjecture. I don't know how anyone can be certain of this without being in the organization.

The eagles could be playing the good guy (reid), bad guy (front office) game with these players. THere's really no downside to them doing that.

I'm not going to pretend I know what's going on within the front office though. because, ya know, I'm not physically there (or know someone who is).
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    I love how reid gets all the blame for the minny game last year. I guess he caused vick to hit minnesota d backs in the hands with 20 passes that night. he also caused vick to run around behind the line of scrimmage like an ass hole and drop the ball at midfield, giving the vikings defense six points.

it's always reid's fault when they lose and never his doing when they win.

I think jim johnson was somewhat overrated too. He got ABUSED by todd haley in the arizona game (though akers and mcnabb also sucked that day) and he left matt ware on deion branch for 4 quarters in the super bowl (again, mcnabb).

plenty of blame to go around. I don't know why reid is the one that always end up the scapegoat (I think he welcomes the role, which is one reason why his players and coaches love him so much).

anyway, it probably doesn't matter if they turn the season around. unless someone kidnaps aaron rodgers, the nfc sb berth is pretty much decided.

I hope the eagles are smart enough to keep reid around.
    apparantly it is being reported that TO tried to commit suicide for the 2nd time back on October 6th. dude has got some issues.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2 ... de-attempt
    The Fixer wrote:

I hope the eagles are smart enough to keep reid around.

exactly. because a coach good enough to just make the playoffs every year should get a lifetime contract

i will never understand people who blindly support a coach who has won nothing... for a decade and a half.

who knows? maybe he figures it out in year 13. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    It took Cowher 14 years to do it for the Steelers thru 13 years he was 8-9 in the playoffs with a loss to the Cowboys where he literally did everything right against a far superior team and lost because of Neil O'Donnell and his WRs having poor communication. Andy Reid has taken the Eagles to the Playoffs 9 times in 12 years...there is hope for the Dream Team yet. Of course then he will retire and you guys will get some black coach that was my MA/PhD advisor's former Master's student at Memphis to get them to the promised land in 2 (much to the chagrin of The Fixer...j/k), and they will forever be known as the "American Dream Team". Uh oh someone's been on AMT a bit too much lately.

On an important side note your Towson Tigers are 6-1 (6-0 FCS with a win in a game on a 61 yard pass on 4th and 29) and facing a Delaware team that they haven't beaten since Joe Flacco was their QB, and has abused them like Miami did to Suck U after McNabb rolled them 66-10 in his senior year.

On an even more important side note any get PJ20 beer in Phiwwy yet? Still no go here.
    RW81233 wrote:
    It took Cowher 14 years to do it for the Steelers.

ah yes, our one example in 80 some years of professional football that keeps our hopes up :)
    www.myspace.com
    Haha...well you guys haven't won in like 50 years so gotta get hope from somewhere.
    RW81233 wrote:
    Haha...well you guys haven't won in like 50 years so gotta get hope from somewhere.

go to hell :x
    www.myspace.com
    Hey man it's the American Dream Team vs. America's Team week gotta twist the knife a little. So who's gonna win this weekend and why?

Personally I see the Cowboys by 7+ if Orlando Scandrick's effort against 5' 3" WRs a few weeks back wasn't a mirage, Murray/Jones is a more successful tandem than whatever dolts the Republicans dig up for the Presidential election (damn it AMT stop), Witten does Witten things (I'm stuck with the fucker so I gotta root for him) and at least one of the three WRs get something against you guys.

Conversely, the Eagles blow out the Cowboys because Reid spent all last week actually fixing things, and they shut us down on offense. The Vick goes nutso.

For whatever reason I don't see this game being close (maybe I'm just happy there wasn't a close game for the first time in 3 months of Cowboys football last week).
    RW81233 wrote:
    It took Cowher 14 years to do it for the Steelers.

ah yes, our one example in 80 some years of professional football that keeps our hopes up :)

dick vermeil as well

like I've been saying for 3 years now. show me a better candidate and I'll endorse him.

Reid has been great for the franchise. McNabb was a loser. Reid's biggest flaw was keeping that bum around too long (the guy Jeagler was so pissed reid traded to a division rival)
    RW81233 wrote:
    It took Cowher 14 years to do it for the Steelers thru 13 years he was 8-9 in the playoffs with a loss to the Cowboys where he literally did everything right against a far superior team and lost because of Neil O'Donnell and his WRs having poor communication. Andy Reid has taken the Eagles to the Playoffs 9 times in 12 years...there is hope for the Dream Team yet. Of course then he will retire and you guys will get some black coach that was my MA/PhD advisor's former Master's student at Memphis to get them to the promised land in 2 (much to the chagrin of The Fixer...j/k), and they will forever be known as the "American Dream Team". Uh oh someone's been on AMT a bit too much lately.

On an important side note your Towson Tigers are 6-1 (6-0 FCS with a win in a game on a 61 yard pass on 4th and 29) and facing a Delaware team that they haven't beaten since Joe Flacco was their QB, and has abused them like Miami did to Suck U after McNabb rolled them 66-10 in his senior year.

On an even more important side note any get PJ20 beer in Phiwwy yet? Still no go here.

Restore the Roar brother. Love that Towson is back on the map

I posted the 4th and 29 play in the phils thread (ya gotta keep up with that one...this is the B-team thread...until the phils start losing again and no one but me, jearlpam, and johnny care about them anymore, like pre-2008). the dude that caught the pass...philly boy. holla
    edited October 2011
    RW81233 wrote:
    Hey man it's the American Dream Team vs. America's Team week gotta twist the knife a little. So who's gonna win this weekend and why?

Personally I see the Cowboys by 7+ if Orlando Scandrick's effort against 5' 3" WRs a few weeks back wasn't a mirage, Murray/Jones is a more successful tandem than whatever dolts the Republicans dig up for the Presidential election (damn it AMT stop), Witten does Witten things (I'm stuck with the fucker so I gotta root for him) and at least one of the three WRs get something against you guys.

Conversely, the Eagles blow out the Cowboys because Reid spent all last week actually fixing things, and they shut us down on offense. The Vick goes nutso.

For whatever reason I don't see this game being close (maybe I'm just happy there wasn't a close game for the first time in 3 months of Cowboys football last week).

honestly, I think birds win by 10+. I think they go up early, dallas makes a late run, and the eagles score a late TD to seal the deal. eagles win 38-27. game isn't as close as the score

rob ryan is so embarrassed after the game that he shaves his head and promises not to speak for a week. he lasts 1 minute before spouting off to the media about how he has the best defense in football.

what a bunch of ass holes that family is. can't believe the eagles are honoring a jerk off coach that won one playoff game during his tenure. that is worse than the phillies honoring john kruk. man, philly sports recent history (my lifetime) really fucking blows

eagle fans love buddy ryan and hate andy reid. that should tell you all you need to know about the knowledge of this fan base
    Post edited by The Fixer on
This discussion has been closed.