THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    i can easily see the game going that way. gotta get off AMT then read phils
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited October 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    It took Cowher 14 years to do it for the Steelers.

ah yes, our one example in 80 some years of professional football that keeps our hopes up :)

dick vermeil as well

like I've been saying for 3 years now. show me a better candidate and I'll endorse him.

Reid has been great for the franchise. McNabb was a loser. Reid's biggest flaw was keeping that bum around too long (the guy Jeagler was so pissed reid traded to a division rival)

who did you endorse in 1999? :lol: look around the nfl. it's not always a big name guy that comes in and has success.

dick vermeil? what? he won the sb in his 3rd or 4th year with the rams. no way he would have lasted 13 years. he was here for 5 years and retired when he didn't win. he was with the chiefs for 4 years before retiring again without winning.

reid's biggest flaw is not being able to learn from the same mistakes he has been making since 1999. how is that possible? ugh. so frustrating.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    Hey man it's the American Dream Team vs. America's Team week gotta twist the knife a little. So who's gonna win this weekend and why?

Personally I see the Cowboys by 7+ if Orlando Scandrick's effort against 5' 3" WRs a few weeks back wasn't a mirage, Murray/Jones is a more successful tandem than whatever dolts the Republicans dig up for the Presidential election (damn it AMT stop), Witten does Witten things (I'm stuck with the fucker so I gotta root for him) and at least one of the three WRs get something against you guys.

Conversely, the Eagles blow out the Cowboys because Reid spent all last week actually fixing things, and they shut us down on offense. The Vick goes nutso.

For whatever reason I don't see this game being close (maybe I'm just happy there wasn't a close game for the first time in 3 months of Cowboys football last week).

honestly, I think birds win by 10+. I think they go up early, dallas makes a late run, and the eagles score a late TD to seal the deal. eagles win 38-27. game isn't as close as the score

rob ryan is so embarrassed after the game that he shaves his head and promises not to speak for a week. he lasts 1 minute before spouting off to the media about how he has the best defense in football.

what a bunch of ass holes that family is. can't believe the eagles are honoring a jerk off coach that won one playoff game during his tenure. that is worse than the phillies honoring john kruk. man, philly sports recent history (my lifetime) really fucking blows

the eagle are honoring buddy ryan? you sure about that? when? maybe you are confusing buddy ryan with jim johnson (who the eagles are honoring with eric allen on sunday night). seems logical.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429
    The Fixer wrote:

I hope the eagles are smart enough to keep reid around.

exactly. because a coach good enough to just make the playoffs every year should get a lifetime contract

i will never understand people who blindly support a coach who has won nothing... for a decade and a half.

who knows? maybe he figures it out in year 13. :thumbup:

i'll never understand people who blindly dismiss a coach who has been to 50% of his franchise's super bowl appearances and 83% of his franchise's NFC Championship game appearances. say what you want about the results but 5 NFC Championship game appearances sure as shit was a lot of fun. but i guess people are either too young or just don't remember how bad the shit fest of coaches like marion campbell, rich kotite, and ray rhodes were. of course i want to win super bowls but i sure as shit like to compete every year they go back to the 3-13 bobby hoying, koy and ty detmer eras (juggler still probably has their jerseys :D )

and Fixer football was never more fun to watch than when Buddy Ryan was the coach. For a guy who loves fighting in hockey you can't tell me having a guy set bounty's and basically telling the world to fuck off wasn't awesome. i loved it. so many memorable plays and games in that era. and i'll always believe we fired him too soon. remember the year after he was fired they were one of the greatest defensive teams ever. all buddy.

oh and it must be a full moon but i agree with Fixer here. Eagles 34-19. Jackson with a huge game with at least one td over 50 yards and a Samuel INT for a TD.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I hope the eagles are smart enough to keep reid around.

exactly. because a coach good enough to just make the playoffs every year should get a lifetime contract

i will never understand people who blindly support a coach who has won nothing... for a decade and a half.

i'll never understand people who blindly dismiss a coach who has been to 50% of his franchise's super bowl appearances and 83% of his franchise's NFC Championship game appearances. say what you want about the results but 5 NFC Championship game appearances sure as shit was a lot of fun. but i guess people are either too young or just don't remember how bad the shit fest of coaches like marion campbell, rich kotite, and ray rhodes were. of course i want to win super bowls but i sure as shit like to compete every year they go back to the 3-13 bobby hoying, koy and ty detmer eras (juggler still probably has their jerseys :D )

and Fixer football was never more fun to watch than when Buddy Ryan was the coach. For a guy who loves fighting in hockey you can't tell me having a guy set bounty's and basically telling the world to fuck off wasn't awesome. i loved it. so many memorable plays and games in that era. and i'll always believe we fired him too soon. remember the year after he was fired they were one of the greatest defensive teams ever. all buddy.

oh and it must be a full moon but i agree with Fixer here. Eagles 34-19. Jackson with a huge game with at least one td over 50 yards and a Samuel INT for a TD.

i've always said he's a good coach. sadly, he has a 13 year history of coming up small in big games though. if i have time today i wan to check his records against team's with winning records. i was thinking about that this morning for some reason (and i believe everyone here is old enough to remeber back to 1980's man).

5 nfc championship games were fun, despite losing 4 of them. but he's only made 1 in the last 7 years though.

i don't have a read on this game. at all. i think you'll enjoy it as they will probably go to the air against the cowboys defense though. absolute must win. that we can all agree on.
    www.myspace.com
    i've always said he's a good coach. sadly, he has a 13 year history of coming up small in big games though. if i have time today i wan to check his records against team's with winning records. i was thinking about that this morning for some reason (and i believe everyone here is old enough to remeber back to 1980's man).

5 nfc championship games were fun, despite losing 4 of them. but he's only made 1 in the last 7 years though.

i don't have a read on this game. at all. i think you'll enjoy it as they will probably go to the air against the cowboys defense though. absolute must win. that we can all agree on.

Juggler i remember this same argument last year on here and I remember going back and checking his record as a favorite in the playoffs and it was actually quite good (but i'm not going back 100 pages to find it).
    pjhawks wrote:

Juggler i remember this same argument last year on here and I remember going back and checking his record as a favorite in the playoffs and it was actually quite good (but i'm not going back 100 pages to find it).

i'm talking regular season vs teams with winning records. that's not hard to find.

his playoff record is obviously good. i think it's 3-4 since 2004 though...

i agree with you about buddy. reid is obviously the better head coach. nobody ever disputes that.

but as far as impact on the game of football itself, buddy's contributions far outweigh anything andy reid has ever done. that''s not even close. buddy was one of the greatest defensive minds in the history of the game. he was an innovator. anyone who disputes that needs to brush up on their knowledge of the game a bit.
    www.myspace.com
    still no read what so ever on this game....

so, here's just about the greatest interception you will ever see:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef28VF7k ... r_embedded

honor role is well deserved for him on sunday
    www.myspace.com
    for what it's worth here are the numbers:
    reid:
    49-59 against teams .500 or better
    71-18-1 against sub .500 teams

in the playoffs:
    4-1 against 8 or 9 win teams
    6-8 against 10 win or more teams

for comparison's sake here are belichek's numbers:
    61-41 against teams .500 or better
    65-9 against sub .500 teams

in the playoffs:
    1-0 against 8 or 9 win teams
    13-5 against 10 win or more teams

like i said, he's a good coach. but he has really struggled against good teams since 1999.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited October 2011
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    pjhawks wrote:

this is the biggest bunch of bullshit ever. a team that's fun to watch wins playoff games. greatest defense ever = greatest rotation ever I guess.

sports aren't one dimensional. some fans just have no clue
    pjhawks wrote:

what's his playoff record. its over .500 even with turds under center

his flaw is confiding in the wrong guys...namely losers like mcnabb and vick. if he should be fired for anything, that is it
    pjhawks wrote:

i'm talking regular season vs teams with winning records. that's not hard to find.

i agree with you about buddy. reid is obviously the better head coach. nobody ever disputes that.

but as far as impact on the game of football itself, buddy's contributions far outweigh anything andy reid has ever done. that''s not even close. buddy was one of the greatest defensive minds in the history of the game. he was an innovator. anyone who disputes that needs to brush up on their knowledge of the game a bit.

buddy ryan = charlie manuel. one is a defensive guy, the other is an offensive guy (well, supposed to be anyway...the phils have lost because of their offense the last two years, so um, yeah)

neither one should be a head coach
    reid:

in the playoffs:

in the playoffs:

like i said, he's a good coach. but he has really struggled against good teams since 1999.

love the comparison with one of the 5 best coaches of all time :roll: . no one here is putting reid in that stratosphere.

next you will be comparing vick to steve young. whoops, you already did that
    edited October 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

maybe you just shouldn't post when you're hammered. you make slightly more sense when sober.
    www.myspace.com
    edited October 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    reid:

in the playoffs:

in the playoffs:

love the comparison with one of the 5 best coaches of all time :roll: . no one here is putting reid in that stratosphere.
    yet you talk about him like he's going into the hall of fame despite him struggling against good competition :lol:

it's a good comparison with a contemporary team who had the kind of success the eagles wanted and were close to having during reid's tenure.
    www.myspace.com
    edited October 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

but as far as impact on the game of football itself, buddy's contributions far outweigh anything andy reid has ever done. that''s not even close. buddy was one of the greatest defensive minds in the history of the game. he was an innovator
    . anyone who disputes that needs to brush up on their knowledge of the game a bit.

buddy ryan = charlie manuel. one is a defensive guy, the other is an offensive guy (well, supposed to be anyway...the phils have lost because of their offense the last two years, so um, yeah)

neither one should be a head coach

i'm glad you didn't dispute what i said. because it's true.

i think reid and manuel are pretty similar...well, other than one of them actually won a championship. both struggle as game day managers but their players love playing for them. and they usually have their teams playing well at the end of the season. pretty silly to compare a football coach to a baseball manager though. but since you did...
    www.myspace.com
    must win today gentlemen. must win.....

1. Dallas needs to pound the rock: The Eagles have been less than impressive defending the run in 2011, giving up 124 yards rushing per game and 4.8 yards per attempt. Their technique and alignment (wide nine at the end position) tends to create natural creases to run through. Look for Cowboys coach Jason Garrett to control the tempo of the game with his run game with DeMarco Murray between the tackles.

2. Protect Romo in the pocket: The Eagles are great at pressuring opposing quarterbacks (18 sacks through six games) with two excellent edge rushers (Trent Cole and Jason Babin). When Tony Romo has time in the pocket he is capable of shredding a defense. Look for Garrett to utilize more slide protections and chipping the edges to keep the Cowboys signal caller clean in the pocket.

3. Stop the run first: The Eagles are one of the best in the league rushing the football, averaging 170 yards per game. Most of their yards rushing are generated by featured back LeSean McCoy, but defenses also have to contend with designed running plays for the quarterback Michael Vick. Look for this stingy Dallas defense -- ranked first against the run and yielding just 69 yards per game -- to try and derail McCoy and Vick using its base 3-4 scheme by incorporating zone run blitzes, stunts and twists.

4. Be disciplined when bringing pressure in passing situations: The Dallas defense is aggressive with a variety of blitz packages, especially in passing situations. The Cowboys also are excellent pressuring the quarterback -- 17 sacks thus far -- but must contend with Philadelphia's explosive receivers as well as coralling the most elusive quarterback in the league. Look for Dallas defensive coordinator Rob Ryan to stay aggressive but also assign a spy to Vick and preach to his linemen discipline in their rush lanes to keep Vick from extending the play.

5. Matchup to watch: Dallas WR Dez Bryant vs. the Philadelphia cornerbacks: Bryant is an excellent combination of size, strength and athleticism as a wide receiver. He is coming off his best game of the season, hauling in five catches for an 18-yard average and one touchdown. However, Eagles cornerbacks Asante Samuel and Nnamdi Asomugha also are outstanding athletes but have underachieved early in the season. Look for this battle on the perimeter to be intense when Romo puts the ball in the air.

6. Keep Dallas guessing with a balanced offensive attack: The Cowboys have an excellent defense (both against the run and pass). The Eagles are coming off a bye week and might have a few wrinkles for Dallas. Look for an interesting chess match between Eagles head coach Andy Reid and Ryan to keep an impressive Cowboys defense off-balance with a good mixture of run and pass out of a variety of formations.

7. Stop the run first: The Dallas offense is coming off its most impressive outing of the year, rushing for 294 yards in Week 7. Look for Eagles defensive coordinator Juan Castillo to design a game plan that uses more zone run blitzes, interior stunts, twists and eight-man fronts.

8. Pressure Romo into errant throws: The Cowboys' record (3-3) is deceiving, and it really isn't indicative of their capabilities. In each of their losses, Romo has thrown costly interceptions. Look for Castillo to be aggressive using seven- and eight-man pressure packages to force Romo to do too much in passing situations.

9. Win the special-teams phase: Both clubs are somewhat evenly matched, with a slight edge going to the Cowboys on offense and defense. The Eagles have a slight edge in the kicking game and field position will be important in this divisional battle. Coming off a bye week, look for Eagles special teams coordinator Bobby April to add a wrinkle or two to give Philadelphia some explosive plays.

10. Matchup to watch: Philadelphia OT Jason Peters and Dallas OLB DeMarcus Ware: Peters is a crafty eight-year veteran who plays with great athleticism and technique. Ware is second in the league with eight sacks and has excellent burst and quickness off the edge. He has a variety of moves and counters that could give Peters some trouble. Look for this battle between two intense competitors to have a huge impact in this week's contest.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    looking great so far :mrgreen:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • There's nothing like giving the Cowgirls a big time spanking :lol:

Makes me forget about yesterdays snow storm
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    It's about time we played a 60 minute game. Pj hawks u change ur mind yet? Shady just might be Barry Sanders mistresses son.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    :lol:

311470_2475661047719_1138233892_32922250_1046892304_n.jpg

:think: on second thought
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    congrates on a great win for your team. said it before you are the team to beat in the division and feel that way even more.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    man i really hope andy reid keeps this balance through the rest of the season. this offense is so explosive.

vick was brilliant tonight. just brilliant. threading the needle left and right. running when he had to. 3 step drops--bing, bang, boom....reading the blitz better than he's ever have. that maclin td was against the blitz. great job tonight. no turnovers too....finally! ---as i've said before the lockout really hurt his development in this offense, but it looks like he's hitting his stride

lesean mccoy is as good a running back as this team has ever had. it's about time people start realizing it. jammin--i was telling my buddy tonight that he's got some barry sanders-ish moves. he always makes the first guy miss. a lot of his big gains tonight were right up the gut. loved it. dallas is (was) the top ranked rush defense in the league too. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

o line is healthy and playing much better than i expected. i guess they will keep herremans at rt. he's been our mvp thus far. celek even got to play a role in the passing game tonight.

defense keeps improving. gave up too much against the run though. ever since casey mathews' sister and jarrod page were benched, they played much better. nate allen is playing well. i thought jamar chaney looked great tonight.

alex henery --what was up with those kickoffs?

loooooong way to go but they're starting to look like the team we thought they could be. it's just a shame they left themselves such a small margin for error. they have to beat chicago next week. we can't afford anymore conference and division losses.

also....kevin kolb stinks. highway robbery with that trade :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    It's about time we played a 60 minute game. Pj hawks u change ur mind yet? Shady just might be Barry Sanders mistresses son.

juggler i'd love to see reid comparison's against guys like cowher, gruden, and coughlin. and bellicheck is a convicted cheater who may have stole our super bowl title so fuck him.

never said mccoy wasn't great and no doubt he is having a great season and was awesome last night, but i'm sure all you geniuses in here are aware, and if watched on tv you know since they pointed it out at least 3 times last night, the cowboys played their safeties 20-30 yards down the field on every play because they were more afraid of...wait for it...wait for it...the pass. which is all the argument i had made weeks ago that the 1st option teams look to stop is not mccoy. again nothing against mccoy and not saying he isn'g great but that he is not the 1st option defenses stop is just a fact. but no reason for even a little bit of negativity today.

that was as a dominating offensive performance as we have seen around here in a long time. since 2004 for sure. it was a thorough ass-kicking on the line scrimmage. the offensive line was totally dominating. rarely have we ever driven the ball and had time of possession like last night. we usually score more with quick strikes. cowboys and that freak ryan (get a haircut, lose some weight and dress like a professional you freakin slob) had no answers.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    lesean mccoy is as good a running back as this team has ever had. it's about time people start realizing it.

hmm, where i have i heard this before. :think:

why were you guys pounding McCoy into the line during lasat 5 minutes of the game with a 34-7 lead.

RB's only have so many carriers in their career, no sense in wasting them in a meaningless situtation. Bring in the second or third string guy for those last few carriers.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited October 2011
    pjhawks wrote:

juggler i'd love to see reid comparison's against guys like cowher, gruden, and coughlin. and bellicheck is a convicted cheater who may have stole our super bowl title so fuck him.

never said mccoy wasn't great and no doubt he is having a great season and was awesome last night, but i'm sure all you geniuses in here are aware, and if watched on tv you know since they pointed it out at least 3 times last night, the cowboys played their safeties 20-30 yards down the field on every play because they were more afraid of...wait for it...wait for it...the pass. which is all the argument i had made weeks ago that the 1st option teams look to stop is not mccoy. again nothing against mccoy and not saying he isn'g great but that he is not the 1st option defenses stop is just a fact. but no reason for even a little bit of negativity today.

actually you haven't called him great. you referred to him as "pretty good" a few weeks ago.

he's the best player on the team (not desean jackson like you said was indisputable earlier this year):
    pjhawks wrote:
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... w#p3925511

jackson is the best and most talented player on this offense and not sure how that is disputed. mccoy is pretty good though.
    dallas had the number 1 rush defense going into last night. (and ps--your comment about the saftey's playing deep is one of the things we argued about in the packers playoff game when i said they should have run more because of what the defense was giving them. pack played like that all game. :roll: ) i was at the game and didn't notice and have not seen anything written about the safteys actually. like i said before though, that's why this offense is so great. so many ways for them to beat teams. which is why passing it 90% is incredibly stupid.

you must have hated that game last night. a 50/50 pass/run ratio. i can't believe they won utilizing their best player. shocking! :o:o:lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    you must have hated that game last night. a 50/50 pass/run ratio. i can't believe they won utilizing their best player. shocking! :o:o:lol::lol:

Shady helped me win one of my fantasy teams. That was about the only bright spot for me last night!

Yeah, it was a great win for you guys. Congrats!
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Y'all saved your season last night.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    Y'all saved your season last night.

thing is, we have to pretty much save it every week from here on out though...
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.