THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    never seen someone get so bent out of shape over dumb shit as you. it's a point spread. either way, it's pretty big in the birds favor. these are good things.

how's kevin kolb looking these days? :lol:

I just think it's funny that you pretend to know everything about everything. even when it comes to gambling when you are obviously clueless. it's ok to admit you don't know what you're talking about. you should try it some time.

to compare the real line with the pretend line created by danny sheridan serves absolutely no purpose.

kolb looks about as good as your boy mcnabb. the guy you were so infuriated reid traded within the division. remember when you said the skins would be so much better with mcnabb?? :lol::lol:

still anxiously awaiting your post on what the phils should do this offseason.

why are you so angry? seriously...with every post (in literally every thread) you seem so mad at the world. i hope everything is okay with you.

my bookie's website had it at 7 this morning. i'm at work and don't have access to other gambline sites so i quickly looked at usa today as another reference point (the only one i can think of that isn't blocked at work).

why in the world would something like this be such a big deal to you anyway? :?

and if you think kolb looks that bad, then i'm really glad we traded him in favor of keeping vick. glad to see you're coming around on that one.

the phils?...what? :?

jeez dude. take a deep breath.

I said I loved the kolb trade when it went down. Remember I said that reid would hold out and get a 2nd rounder with DRC? You didn't think they would get that much. trade looks even better with how bad kolb has played.

Yes, the phils. the baseball team in philly. offseason starts on thursday. what do you think they should do this offseason?

as for the gambling stuff...I just don't think you kow you're talking about (though you like to pretend that you do). anyone that references danny sheridan is lost.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    why are you so angry? seriously...with every post (in literally every thread) you seem so mad at the world. i hope everything is okay with you.

my bookie's website had it at 7 this morning. i'm at work and don't have access to other gambline sites so i quickly looked at usa today as another reference point (the only one i can think of that isn't blocked at work).

why in the world would something like this be such a big deal to you anyway? :?

and if you think kolb looks that bad, then i'm really glad we traded him in favor of keeping vick. glad to see you're coming around on that one.

the phils?...what? :?

jeez dude. take a deep breath.

I said I loved the kolb trade when it went down. Remember I said that reid would hold out and get a 2nd rounder with DRC? You didn't think they would get that much. trade looks even better with how bad kolb has played.

Yes, the phils. the baseball team in philly. offseason starts on thursday. what do you think they should do this offseason?

as for the gambling stuff...I just don't think you kow you're talking about (though you like to pretend that you do). anyone that references danny sheridan is lost.

you said the eagles traded the wrong quarterback. you said this as recently as a week or two ago.

why do you want to talk about the phillies in the eagles thread?

what were your excuses for finishing in 5th or 6th place in our spread pool again? i think you had about five of them. feel free to refresh my memory.

and again--i'm not sure why any of this stuff is such a big deal to you. why are you so angry?
    www.myspace.com

[/quote]

you said the eagles traded the wrong quarterback. you said this as recently as a week or two ago.

why do you want to talk about the phillies in the eagles thread?

what were your excuses for finishing in 5th or 6th place in our spread pool again? i think you had about five of them. feel free to refresh my memory.

and again--i'm not sure why any of this stuff is such a big deal to you. why are you so angry?[/quote]

I said I would have rather the birds kept kolb and gone 0-16 than went with vick and won 10 games. namely because they will never win a SB with vick. I would have them rather found out if kolb would be their guy to lead them for the next decade. Vick got them to the playoffs last year and choked. he will get them there again this year (if he's not hurt again), but he's never going to win it all. Plus I'm biased in that I genuinely don't like convicted felons that killed innocent dogs, but that's just me I guess.

you've been dodging the phils question for a while. You will just sit back and be the rah rah guy as usual once they start signing guys. Would be nice to have a discussion with you in that thread, rather than debating nonsense. Again, I just don't think you're a baseball guy, but you pretend to be

I will post every bet i make going forward this year if you'd like. I barely paid attention to that pool.

I'm not angry at all. Things couldn't be better with me actually. Thanks for caring. Having a great day. Just found out that my national sales meeting is in marco island, florida in a couple of months. gonna be awesome
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    The Fixer wrote:

Noone knows what they are talking about when it comes to making bets. That's why it's called gambling and most people have a real job. You might make an educated guess, but the reality is that the bookies are all winning.
    crazypjfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Noone knows what they are talking about when it comes to making bets. That's why it's called gambling and most people have a real job. You might make an educated guess, but the reality is that the bookies are all winning.

I have done well over the years. Gotta have a system. You can winning money betting games
    the whole "so and so will never win a championship with so and so" argument is about the laziest that exists in sports. guess you think andy reid will never win one then. i disagree with that. still want to see how kolb compares to vick throughout the year? you did after week 2...haven't heard much about that since though.

dodging phillies questions. where? when? why/how is this relevant, especially in a football thread ?

my bets are posted every week in that other thread. its funny how talked yourself up quite a bit regarding that pool last year...then that talk tailed off towards the end of the year. then you bail on it this year and have a million excuses for your poor performance last year. totally out of character for you.

have fun in florida. i hope this job works out well for you.

big game this week...go birds.
    www.myspace.com
    http://www.covers.com/sports/odds/lineh ... &sport=NFL

now that i'm home and had time to check, covers.com says that 4 of the 7 major betting sites had the birds line at birds -7 or 7.5 this morning (when i checked my site).

3 of the 4 vegas books had the same thing too.

so....yeah. thanks for playing.

go birds.
    www.myspace.com
  • http://www.covers.com/sports/odds/linehistory.aspx?eventId=29470&sport=NFL

now that i'm home and had time to check, covers.com says that 4 of the 7 major betting sites had the birds line at birds -7 or 7.5 this morning (when i checked my site).

go birds.

Inqy said 6.5 this morning. Fixer needs to find a new bookie. And I think this is the dumbest argument I've seen from you clowns, and that is saying something.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • http://www.covers.com/sports/odds/linehistory.aspx?eventId=29470&sport=NFL

go birds.

Inqy said 6.5 this morning. Fixer needs to find a new bookie. And I think this is the dumbest argument I've seen from you clowns, and that is saying something.
    1 common person in every argument.
    Go Birds!!!!
    http://www.covers.com/sports/odds/linehistory.aspx?eventId=29470&sport=NFL

go birds.

1 common person in every argument.

agreed. he could have just said "i saw it at -8.5 somewhere else" and left it at that. instead he has to insult me and my bookie....and poor danny sheridan :lol: stupid shit.
    www.myspace.com
    shady--offensive player of the week...

interesting stat from this bill barnwell guy on grantland:

"One interesting note: McCoy had 30 carries in this game; before the bye, he had 28 carries in Philly's win over the Redskins. Before those two games, Andy Reid had only given his starting running back 28 carries or more five times in 12 seasons as Eagles head coach. "
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429

"One interesting note: McCoy had 30 carries in this game; before the bye, he had 28 carries in Philly's win over the Redskins. Before those two games, Andy Reid had only given his starting running back 28 carries or more five times in 12 seasons as Eagles head coach. "

since reid and the eagles have one of the best regular season records over that span doesn't this stat lend credence to my thinking that the balancing the run with the pass is highly overrated?
    pjhawks wrote:

since reid and the eagles have one of the best regular season records over that span doesn't this stat lend credence to my thinking that the balancing the run with the pass is highly overrated?

that wasn't the purpose in posting it. i just thought it was interesting...and it gives me hope that they will be a little more committed to the run for the rest of the year.

you can look at it any number of ways. i look at it like since he has a difficult time beating good teams, maybe he should try this more often.
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    pjhawks wrote:

that wasn't the purpose in posting it. i just thought it was interesting...and it gives me hope that they will be a little more committed to the run for the rest of the year.

you can look at it any number of ways. i look at it like since he has a difficult time beating good teams, maybe he should try this more often.

If Reid doesn't stick to this more often, he would deserve to be fired if the Eagles miss the playoffs. It clearly works well.
  • shady--offensive player of the week...

I think Reid ran the ball the most was the year Garcia came in

He couldn't throw the deep ball consistently so Reid toned the offense down

Interesting to see this week how the Iggles D looks against Forte
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

I think Reid ran the ball the most was the year Garcia came in

He couldn't throw the deep ball consistently so Reid toned the offense down

Interesting to see this week how the Iggles D looks against Forte

you're right. i thought the offense looked great with garcia. last few weeks it has resemebled that actually. they've been controlling the clock with shady and shorter pass routes. o line has been protecting well which has let celek get involved the passing game. combine all that with the threat of the deep ball to desean...this offense is so explosive.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    the line on this game is so whack...

8pt dogs...come on now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    the line on this game is so whack...

8pt dogs...come on now.

Eagles have been overrated by the lines all year. I guess whatever it takes to even out the betting.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • My drinking team has a hockey problem

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365

I like it. He sat out practice today with a stomach flu. I wonder if that had anything to do with being at the Jay Z & Kanye concert last night?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    long but good article about how and why the eagles are having success running the ball this year. gotta give andy and howard mudd credit here. hope it continues:
    http://philly.sbnation.com/philadelphia ... nning-game

Reid hasn't suddenly become a running coach. He'll always be a pass first guy. What he has done is adapt the running game so that it is now more of a high percentage play. Instead of the old saying "three yards and a cloud of dust", Reid is going with the theory of 5.4 yards and plenty of running room on the back side. The results speak for themselves. Can you imagine how crazy it would be if the Eagles led the league in rushing for the season and McCoy won the rushing title? 2011 has been one strange season, but that would really be off the charts
    www.myspace.com
    looks like turf toe will keep the kolber out this week. really hope he's back for the birds game. that will be fun.
    www.myspace.com
  • looks like turf toe will keep the kolber out this week. really hope he's back for the birds game. that will be fun.

That would be cool if he plays that week

I'm glad I didn't take Fitzgerald in my fantasy league

:D

have you seen any of these "great sports debate from the vault" episodes on comcast? loved them as a kid. cataldi sucked even 20 years ago. funny to hear all these strong opinions on things that have already been played out though.
    www.myspace.com
  • have you seen any of these "great sports debate from the vault" episodes on comcast? loved them as a kid. cataldi sucked even 20 years ago. funny to hear all these strong opinions on things that have already been played out though.

Jeags this no way to show your frustration

340x.jpg

I have watched some of them. Funny stuff hearing about the players that were around back then

looks like the birds are talking contract extension with shady. love it...
    www.myspace.com
    link to story in the Sunday Inquirer that basically says the same thing about how defenses aren't being designed to stop McCoy that i said about a month ago and you guys killed me for it.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag ... gence.html
  • pjhawks wrote:
    link to story in the Sunday Inquirer that basically says the same thing about how defenses aren't being designed to stop McCoy that i said about a month ago and you guys killed me for it.

Give it up dude!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    pjhawks wrote:

Give it up dude!!!

dude you and juggler ripped me for saying exactly what this guy is saying in the article. you could at least acknowledge i was correct in saying the defenses are not being designed to stop mccoy. is that so hard to do? or are you guys so stubborn you can't admit that?

i have no feel for this Bears game. i was very confident going into the Cowboys game but i can't get a read on this game. for some reason i feel a close low scoring (for the eagles) kind of game. maybe like 19-13 or something.
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Give it up dude!!!

dude you and juggler ripped me for saying exactly what this guy is saying in the article. you could at least acknowledge i was correct in saying the defenses are not being designed to stop mccoy. is that so hard to do? or are you guys so stubborn you can't admit that?

i have no feel for this Bears game. i was very confident going into the Cowboys game but i can't get a read on this game. for some reason i feel a close low scoring (for the eagles) kind of game. maybe like 19-13 or something.

i ripped you for wanting to throw the ball 90% of the time against a defense that was trying to stop the pass (subsequently everyone who has chimed in on the conversation has said the same thing). you take what the defense gives you.

this offense has so many ways to beat teams. it is idiotic to want to be as one dimensional as you want to be...especially when you've got one of the best rb's in the game in your backfield. is 80% still conservative for you (we're 8 weeks in and no team is even close to those numbers --nfl teams, not arena league teams)

lesean mccoy is an absolute beast dude.

and vick's been great. if it were up to you kolb would still be here.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.