THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    agreed. that kind of got lost in all of the mccoy talk. he looked great. most encouraging thing was that it was against a lot of blitz schemes.

His decision making was awesome. I think i remember maybe one ball getting batted down when Celek was covered by the goal line

I wish the dude would slide more though :lol:

Dare I say I saw him audible at the line also ?

he really needed the offseason ota's and time with the coaches and stuff. this is only his first year coming in as the starting qb. so you had to kind of expect him to start off a little slow--that combined with the o line struggling. i think he's on the right track though. completion percent is even higher than last year.

this balanced attack is really helping too...who would've thought? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I was at the game and Vick beautifully threaded a few needles. He was on. I like the 3 step drop, quicker throws mentality by the offense. McCoy was looking Barryesque. No RB is playing better than Shady right now.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Are we all sucking each other's popsicles over this 3-4 team?

If they win the next 3 I think we can get kind of excited. But if they lose that Giants game it's going to be almost impossible to make the playoffs I think. Looking at 3 wins to get to the SB if they get there too.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Are we all sucking each other's popsicles over this 3-4 team?

If they win the next 3 I think we can get kind of excited. But if they lose that Giants game it's going to be almost impossible to make the playoffs I think. Looking at 3 wins to get to the SB if they get there too.

I'm not worried about the giants at all. even if the eagles lose to them for the 2nd time they should still finish with a better record. Look at the giants schedule...then combine that with the fact that they suck.

Birds are winning this division. Reid has them back on track as usual
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632

I very much enjoyed that game, thought they did great. But, I know better to get hopes up. With the Eagles, its not a matter of IF, but WHEN will they fail.

no. but they finally appear to look like they team they should be. they have to run the table in the division.

i think it's between them and the cowboys. the giants are not nearly as good as their record and they have a very difficult schedule the rest of the way. i think the eagles will be favored in that giants game at the meadowlands in a few weeks.

9-7 should take this division and i think they can get there...then it will be time to make some noise in the playoffs for the first time in a long time.
    www.myspace.com
  • agreed. that kind of got lost in all of the mccoy talk. he looked great. most encouraging thing was that it was against a lot of blitz schemes.

His decision making was awesome. I think i remember maybe one ball getting batted down when Celek was covered by the goal line

I wish the dude would slide more though :lol:

Dare I say I saw him audible at the line also ?

he really needed the offseason ota's and time with the coaches and stuff. this is only his first year coming in as the starting qb. so you had to kind of expect him to start off a little slow--that combined with the o line struggling. i think he's on the right track though. completion percent is even higher than last year.

this balanced attack is really helping too...who would've thought? :lol:

Yeah I hope they have turned the corner on that horrible start

The divison is so bad to have an off year and still win it is very possible

No...they need to throw more ;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • No...they need to throw more ;)

80%-90% - something like that. Need more shovel passes too.

Funny fantasy about the Eagles: Tie the Super Bowl with no time left in regulation, but go for 2 instead of extra pt and win it with one of Andy's signature shovel passes. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Funny fantasy about the Eagles: Tie the Super Bowl with no time left in regulation, but go for 2 instead of extra pt and win it with one of Andy's signature shovel passes. :lol:

both of these posts are hysterical. :lol::lol:

I don't know why reid continues to call these weak plays inside the 5 yard line. That is one thing he needs to fix

haha...2 excellent game plans in a row. gotta give him credit.

lesean is absolutely one of the best running backs in the game right now. coaching staff has to know that. i actually have a little faith that they will keep a decent balance all the way through to the end this year. we shall see...

birds -7 next week. thought it would be a little lower. maybe they will blow the bears out too ...then i can see them beating the cardinals by 60 :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    I have birds -8.5

you are lucky that your bookie is so clueless. I am jealous
  • The Fixer wrote:

I don't know why reid continues to call these weak plays inside the 5 yard line. That is one thing he needs to fix

I almost broke my remote in half with that Owen Schmitt call :x

Chad Hall memories came flooding back
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:
    I have birds -8.5

man your bookie sucks dude. even danny sheridan has it at 7. only gonna go up:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/gaming/sheridan.htm

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

I almost broke my remote in half with that Owen Schmitt call :x

Chad Hall memories came flooding back

mahe, reno.
    www.myspace.com
  • lesean is absolutely one of the best running backs in the game right now. coaching staff has to know that. i actually have a little faith that they will keep a decent balance all the way through to the end this year. we shall see...

They used to run a lot when they had Staley/Buckhalter/Westbrook. I think they were always (rightfully) concerned about Westbrook's durability, and maybe that factored into the lopsided play calling. Shady looks like he's got the durability, the explosiveness, the whole fucking package. :D

lesean is absolutely one of the best running backs in the game right now. coaching staff has to know that. i actually have a little faith that they will keep a decent balance all the way through to the end this year. we shall see...

They used to run a lot when they had Staley/Buckhalter/Westbrook. I think they were always (rightfully) concerned about Westbrook's durability, and maybe that factored into the lopsided play calling. Shady looks like he's got the durability, the explosiveness, the whole fucking package. :D

yeah. they were more west coast offense oriented back then too. i think reid's philosphy changed to more of a downfield offense in '04 when he finally obtained a good reciever.

mccoy is so fun to watch. loving how this offense is coming together lately...
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    I have birds -8.5

danny sheridan :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I hope that was a joke.

my guy uses real time odds. I wish he didn't. You have a distinct advantage betting with someone that clueless

Shady looks like he's got the durability, the explosiveness, the whole fucking package. :D

He's a beast. I think people need to chill with the barry sanders comps though. I went to philly.com earlier and the home page was a split shot of mccoy/sanders. That's a bit ridiculous
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    I have birds -8.5

danny sheridan :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I hope that was a joke.

my guy uses real time odds. I wish he didn't. You have a distinct advantage betting with someone that clueless

"even" danny sheridan. uh, yeah, that was a joke.

my guy uses a website with realtime odds too. you've seen the site. i'm sorry your bookie has a worse line. shit happens fixer :lol:
    www.myspace.com

my guy uses a website with realtime odds too. you've seen the site. i'm sorry your bookie has a worse line. shit happens fixer :lol:

I dont know why you would bring up a guy whose lines are consistently 1.5 - 2 points off of what they should be. I dono't know why his crap gets printed in USA today. It's pointless.

Just saying that I'm jealous. I wish I had an incompetent bookie.

From now on let's just stick with the real spreads around here. not your made up fantasy land lines
    The Fixer wrote:

I dont know why you would bring up a guy whose lines are consistently 1.5 - 2 points off of what they should be. I dono't know why his crap gets printed in USA today. It's pointless.

From now on let's just stick with the real spreads around here. not your made up fantasy land lines

huh? what are you talking about?
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,725
    The Fixer wrote:
    I dono't know why his crap gets printed in USA today.

Isn't everything in USA Today garbage?
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Shady looks like he's got the durability, the explosiveness, the whole fucking package. :D

He's a beast. I think people need to chill with the barry sanders comps though. I went to philly.com earlier and the home page was a split shot of mccoy/sanders. That's a bit ridiculous

Well you can better depend on him to punch the ball in on short yardage...

Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    I dono't know why his crap gets printed in USA today.

Isn't everything in USA Today garbage?

4th grade reading level. and I believe their point spreads are created by 4th graders as well.

danny sheridan. haha.
    The Fixer wrote:

forget it man. you're lost
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

forget it man. you're lost

never seen someone get so bent out of shape over dumb shit as you. it's a point spread. either way, it's pretty big in the birds favor. these are good things.

how's kevin kolb looking these days? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    never seen someone get so bent out of shape over dumb shit as you. it's a point spread. either way, it's pretty big in the birds favor. these are good things.

I just think it's funny that you pretend to know everything about everything. even when it comes to gambling when you are obviously clueless. it's ok to admit you don't know what you're talking about. you should try it some time.

to compare the real line with the pretend line created by danny sheridan serves absolutely no purpose.

kolb looks about as good as your boy mcnabb. the guy you were so infuriated reid traded within the division. remember when you said the skins would be so much better with mcnabb?? :lol::lol:

still anxiously awaiting your post on what the phils should do this offseason.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

god bless philly fan
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited November 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

I just think it's funny that you pretend to know everything about everything. even when it comes to gambling when you are obviously clueless. it's ok to admit you don't know what you're talking about. you should try it some time.

to compare the real line with the pretend line created by danny sheridan serves absolutely no purpose.

kolb looks about as good as your boy mcnabb. the guy you were so infuriated reid traded within the division. remember when you said the skins would be so much better with mcnabb?? :lol::lol:

still anxiously awaiting your post on what the phils should do this offseason.

why are you so angry? seriously...with every post (in literally every thread) you seem so mad at the world. i hope everything is okay with you.

my bookie's website had it at 7 this morning. i'm at work and don't have access to other gambline sites so i quickly looked at usa today as another reference point (the only one i can think of that isn't blocked at work). you know i'm not clueless about betting. :lol: quick glance at where we ended up in our pool last year will tell you that....i know, i know, you have a million excuses...

why in the world would something like this be such a big deal to you anyway? :?

and if you think kolb looks that bad, then i'm really glad we traded him in favor of keeping vick. glad to see you're coming around on that one.

the phils?...what? :?

jeez dude. take a deep breath.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

god bless philly fan

i think he's pms'ing... :?
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.