THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    I'd take the Bears with 8 points. That's a crazy line. This game tonight should be close.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429
    i ripped you for wanting to throw the ball 90% of the time against a defense that was trying to stop the pass (subsequently everyone who has chimed in on the conversation has said the same thing). you take what the defense gives you.

this offense has so many ways to beat teams. it is idiotic to want to be as one dimensional as you want to be...especially when you've got one of the best rb's in the game in your backfield. is 80% still conservative for you (we're 8 weeks in and no team is even close to those numbers --nfl teams, not arena league teams)

lesean mccoy is an absolute beast dude.

and vick's been great. if it were up to you kolb would still be here.

1st off it was 80%. you are like fixer making up your own version of prior comments. and that i understand being ripped about since it's unconventional thinking on my part. but you absolutely ripped me and even mocked me for talking about how the defenses defend the eagles and mccoy. all i said a month ago is exactly what has happened and will continue to happen with how this team is defended. and yet you can't even acknowledge i am right.

as for vick he's been good and is a hell of a weapon, but he still is a fucking scumbag and i'd prefer not to have to cheer for him. sue me for that. but i never said i wanted Kolb over him. I said we shouldn't have traded Kolb because why ever trade a decent to good NFL QB? and i still believe that. by 1000% percent i'd rather have Kolb than vince young and mike kafka behind vick. selective memory by you on that one.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    i have no feel for this Bears game. i was very confident going into the Cowboys game but i can't get a read on this game. for some reason i feel a close low scoring (for the eagles) kind of game. maybe like 19-13 or something.

I think it's a blowout tonight. Eagles win 37-13.

Only concern I have is Forte out of the backfield on the eagles LBs/safeties. He is like a WR out of the backfield. Forte has been a beast this year...he's got 200 more yards from scrimmage than mccoy.

Stop Forte and make Cutler beat you.

Also, the AFC is fucking garbage. Pats really screwed the Eagles yesterday.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    pjhawks wrote:
    i ripped you for wanting to throw the ball 90% of the time against a defense that was trying to stop the pass (subsequently everyone who has chimed in on the conversation has said the same thing). you take what the defense gives you.

this offense has so many ways to beat teams. it is idiotic to want to be as one dimensional as you want to be...especially when you've got one of the best rb's in the game in your backfield. is 80% still conservative for you (we're 8 weeks in and no team is even close to those numbers --nfl teams, not arena league teams)

1st off it was 80%. you are like fixer making up your own version of prior comments. and that i understand being ripped about since it's unconventional thinking on my part. but you absolutely ripped me and even mocked me for talking about how the defenses defend the eagles and mccoy. all i said a month ago is exactly what has happened and will continue to happen with how this team is defended. and yet you can't even acknowledge i am right.

as for vick he's been good and is a hell of a weapon, but he still is a fucking scumbag and i'd prefer not to have to cheer for him. sue me for that. but i never said i wanted Kolb over him. I said we shouldn't have traded Kolb because why ever trade a decent to good NFL QB? and i still believe that. by 1000% percent i'd rather have Kolb than vince young and mike kafka behind vick. selective memory by you on that one.

you said "80% was conservative." that's not a direct quote? so naturally one would assume that somewhere around 90% was just right for you. is it more like 89%? :?

and no that's not exactly what i ripped you for. i disagreed that teams were only concerned with the pass. i said the beauty of this offense was that they had to account for so many different things. which is why it's ridiculous to want to throw it over 80% of the time. and it's a passing league anyway--though not nearly to the extent to which you desperately want to believe it is. but, as i've tried telling you, most teams throw it around 60% of the time. have been for a while now. so naturally defenses will be more inclined to defend against the pass first league wide--not just against the eagles....but that brings me back to why it's good to have a nice amount of balance to your attack. ;)

you also were arguing that desean jackson was the indisputable best player on the team at the time. and you were saying that defense tried to account for brian westbrook more than lesean mccoy. you said desean jackson was the 2nd biggest threat to score a touchdown besides brian westbrook in your lifetime. this is odd because your other mantra this year has been "run for first downs, throw for touch downs." the most td's westbrook scored in a season was 14. shady has 10 right now with 8 games left to play.

just seems like you always try to downplay the success the eagles and shady have had on the ground this year. i don't understand that. just appreciate what they have in shady.

if vick goes down the season's over anyway. they wouldn't go anywhere with kolb under center. he's been pretty bad so far this year. drc + a 2nd round pick = all. day. long. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

you said "80% was conservative." that's not a direct quote? so naturally one would assume that somewhere around 90% was just right for you. is it more like 89%? :?

and no that's not exactly what i ripped you for. i disagreed that teams were only concerned with the pass. i said the beauty of this offense was that they had to account for so many different things. which is why it's ridiculous to want to throw it over 80% of the time. and it's a passing league anyway--though not nearly to the extent to which you desperately want to believe it is. but, as i've tried telling you, most teams throw it around 60% of the time. have been for a while now. so naturally defenses will be more inclined to defend against the pass first league wide--not just against the eagles....but that brings me back to why it's good to have a nice amount of balance to your attack. ;)

you also were arguing that desean jackson was the indisputable best player on the team at the time. and you were saying that defense tried to account for brian westbrook more than lesean mccoy. you said desean jackson was the 2nd biggest threat to score a touchdown besides brian westbrook in your lifetime. this is odd because your other mantra this year has been "run for first downs, throw for touch downs." the most td's westbrook scored in a season was 14. shady has 10 right now with 8 games left to play.

just seems like you always try to downplay the success the eagles and shady have had on the ground this year. i don't understand that. just appreciate what they have in shady.

if vick goes down the season's over anyway. they wouldn't go anywhere with kolb under center. he's been pretty bad so far this year. drc + a 2nd round pick = all. day. long. :mrgreen:

yes that is a direct quote. so show me where in that quote i said 90%? never said it dude so stop using the 90% number. it's not accurate at all.

not trying to downplay mccoy's contributions. i made comments that i got ripped for and i stand by them because they were correct. that's all. and i still believe jackson is a bigger weapon.

you can't deny that the Eagles 4th quarter against Atlanta they would have been better off with Kolb than Kafka and would have had a much higher chance to win the game (and they almost won the game anyway). and juggler if/when the eagles come up one game short of the playoffs that quarter where we had to play a 3rd string never took a snap from center in the league is going to end up being the deciding factor.
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

yes that is a direct quote. so show me where in that quote i said 90%? never said it dude so stop using the 90% number. it's not accurate at all.

not trying to downplay mccoy's contributions. i made comments that i got ripped for and i stand by them because they were correct. that's all. and i still believe jackson is a bigger weapon.

you can't deny that the Eagles 4th quarter against Atlanta they would have been better off with Kolb than Kafka and would have had a much higher chance to win the game (and they almost won the game anyway). and juggler if/when the eagles come up one game short of the playoffs that quarter where we had to play a 3rd string never took a snap from center in the league is going to end up being the deciding factor.

so if 80% is conservative, what number is just right? 85%? 89%?

if you're talking about how the defense is playing, then, you're wrong about wanting to throw that much against a defense that you think is designed to stop that very thing. that's why the eagles' approach against dallas worked so well.

yes, i think kolb would have been a better option than our 3rd string quarterback. safe to say there are 32 back up quarterbacks (including our own who was injured then) who would have given us a better chance than our 3rd string quarterback. he's 3rd string for a reason. that's a ridiculous argument.

big game tonight mr hawks. i am leaning towards a double digit victory...
    www.myspace.com
    For one of my money leagues, I have Shady going tonight and the other guy has Forte. I'm up by 12 so I should be good, right?

if you're talking about how the defense is playing, then, you're wrong about wanting to throw that much against a defense that you think is designed to stop that very thing. that's why the eagles' approach against dallas worked so well.

yes, i think kolb would have been a better option than our 3rd string quarterback. safe to say there are 32 back up quarterbacks (including our own who was injured then) who would have given us a better chance than our 3rd string quarterback. he's 3rd string for a reason. that's a ridiculous argument.

they are all big at this point. you and Fixer seem awfully confident tonight. have the birds ever played well against the bears? seems like they are never pretty games against them. and absolutely can't afford another loss to a team that could be in a tiebreaker for a wild card spot down the line. pretty much the next 3 games are must wins.
    pjhawks wrote:

they are all big at this point. you and Fixer seem awfully confident tonight. have the birds ever played well against the bears? seems like they are never pretty games against them. and absolutely can't afford another loss to a team that could be in a tiebreaker for a wild card spot down the line. pretty much the next 3 games are must wins.

i just don't think the bears are all that great. they've got a lot of internal issues. last year the eagles did not play well but could have escaped with a win there. if they can somehow contain forte (tall order) but they have played decent against some very good backs this year, i think think they can win. i like cutler, but his is mistake prone when pressured. i can see a couple turnovers from him.

agreed that every game is big from here on out though. they can barely afford to lose more than 2 games the rest of the way. i did not expect the giants to win yesterday.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

I think Jim Miller's shoulder is still embedded in the soldier field turf. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about. 'I jacked him up'

The bears suck
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story?id ... ppable-nfl

good read about how well vick is playing right now...especially against the blitz.
    www.myspace.com
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    30-13 bad guys
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story?id=7195519&_slug_=with-michael-vick-learning-prepare-adjust-eagles-unstoppable-nfl

good read about how well vick is playing right now...especially against the blitz.

I read this earlier. I think dilfer does a great job as an analyst. I loved this paragraph...summed things up perfectly. The last sentence is why the eagles will never win with this guy.

But since then, based on both Vick's play and his words, it looks to me like the light bulb has come on. It's as if he's realizing something that may sound crude, but sort of defines where he is. He has to quit being a butcher and become a surgeon. It has to be about preparation instead of instinct, caution instead of winging it and trusting his athleticism as a backup plan instead of his "go to." To be a surgeon, it has to be mind over body.
    The Fixer wrote:
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story?id=7195519&_slug_=with-michael-vick-learning-prepare-adjust-eagles-unstoppable-nfl

I read this earlier. I think dilfer does a great job as an analyst. I loved this paragraph...summed things up perfectly. The last sentence is why the eagles will never win with this guy.

But since then, based on both Vick's play and his words, it looks to me like the light bulb has come on. It's as if he's realizing something that may sound crude, but sort of defines where he is. He has to quit being a butcher and become a surgeon. It has to be about preparation instead of instinct, caution instead of winging it and trusting his athleticism as a backup plan instead of his "go to." To be a surgeon, it has to be mind over body.

well the point of dilfer's article is that he is doing those things very well. here are very next 2 paragraphs:
    ----
    Just watch the tape from the Washington game. On a late drive, he saw the linebacker front set to blitz and checked to a perimeter run right for LeSean McCoy. He did this again in the Cowboys game, foiling the Dallas plan again and again. It's important to see Vick continue to check into plays that utilize the talent around him, not his own legs. It's important for a guy who throws 100 mph to find a changeup. He's the most athletic player to ever play the position, but the fact is, defenses would rather see Vick run. It makes sense -- he's hitting 67.2 percent of his passes from the pocket, among the best in the league.

Which leads to the last adjustment he seems to be making: he's running selectively. For one thing, he knows he'll never last if he wants to run. Let's face it: He's not a big guy. Secondly, he might also see that he's not a good thrower in the play after he scrambles. The tape on this doesn't lie. When Vick takes off, he often makes poor decisions on the next throw; he gets tired, he becomes erratic and his throws get short.

With these adjustments, Vick doesn't just become better, the whole team does.

let's hope he continues to play as well as he has
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

well the point of dilfer's article is that he is doing those things very well. here are very next 2 paragraphs:
    ----
    Just watch the tape from the Washington game. On a late drive, he saw the linebacker front set to blitz and checked to a perimeter run right for LeSean McCoy. He did this again in the Cowboys game, foiling the Dallas plan again and again. It's important to see Vick continue to check into plays that utilize the talent around him, not his own legs. It's important for a guy who throws 100 mph to find a changeup. He's the most athletic player to ever play the position, but the fact is, defenses would rather see Vick run. It makes sense -- he's hitting 67.2 percent of his passes from the pocket, among the best in the league.

Which leads to the last adjustment he seems to be making: he's running selectively. For one thing, he knows he'll never last if he wants to run. Let's face it: He's not a big guy. Secondly, he might also see that he's not a good thrower in the play after he scrambles. The tape on this doesn't lie. When Vick takes off, he often makes poor decisions on the next throw; he gets tired, he becomes erratic and his throws get short.

and the beginning of the article explains how awful he was down the stretch last year.

I feel like it's the same stuff with vick. he's changing, he's evolving, he's a different QB than he used to be, blah, blah, blah. then he reverts to what he is, which isn't a good qb.

I hope he proves me wrong. I just think he is what he is at this point
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    ----

and the beginning of the article explains how awful he was down the stretch last year.

I feel like it's the same stuff with vick. he's changing, he's evolving, he's a different QB than he used to be, blah, blah, blah. then he reverts to what he is, which isn't a good qb.

I hope he proves me wrong. I just think he is what he is at this point

dilfer knows his stuff. its like i said. vick was the one guy who really needed the ota's and a full training camp coming into his first year as the starter. so the slow start was expected. he's playing real well now. hopefully he keeps it up and continues playing like one of the better qb's in the league.

go birds.
    www.myspace.com
  • 27-17 Birds!!!! I feel a Def TD coming tonight and a Maclin TD as well.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    27-17 Birds!!!! I feel a Def TD coming tonight and a Maclin TD as well.

hmnn instant replay to see if your're right
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    That was one ugly half of football. penalties, turnovers, bad passes, dropped balls. can't play much worse than that (hopefully).
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    The Fixer wrote:
    That was one ugly half of football. penalties, turnovers, bad passes, dropped balls. can't play much worse than that (hopefully).

yeah the Jackson fumble before the half hurt, but looking good now :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Good thing we have all these awesome cornerbacks. :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :wave:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    :roll: we need a miracle now to make the playoffs
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Let's go Flyers..
  • An elite QB would've gotten the job done there.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    this team doesn't look very good.

:lol:
  • An elite QB would've gotten the job done there.
    Gotta do a better job there

Have to put guys in better position to make plays
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    That was horrendous. Everyone wearing a green jersey tonight should be embarrassed (except mccoy and celek).

Bears thoroughly outplayed the eagles (especially the bears O-line). They deserved to win. Eagles were lucky the score wasn't worse.

I am looking forward to seeing more of Jarrett
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    An elite QB would've gotten the job done there.

He's just not a good QB
This discussion has been closed.