THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    :lol: ...what do you know? the eagles have made a trade:

Eagles trade Ronnie Brown to Lions
    Posted by Michael David Smith on October 18, 2011, 4:08 PM EDT
    Getty ImagesRonnie Brown’s stay with the Dream Team didn’t last long.

Brown, the running back who signed a one-year contract with the Eagles in August, has been traded to the Lions for running back Jerome Harrison and a 2013 seventh-round draft pick, according to multiple reports.

Although Brown has played all six games for the Eagles this year, he hasn’t done much: He has just 38 yards on 13 carries, and his most notable play was a bizarre fumble that cost the Eagles dearly in their loss to the 49ers.

Harrison, who also played briefly for the Eagles last year, has 41 yards on 14 carries this season for the Lions.

yeah, blockbuster

brown was the 2nd best passer on the roster :D

maybe they will convert that 7th round pick to a starter at lb next year :roll:
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

just be glad it's not chicago, where two 7th rounders are starting for your team. :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

just be glad it's not chicago, where two 7th rounders are starting for your team. :roll:

happens here too, hence my comment. :lol:

6th rounders actually...i think
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    :lol: ...what do you know? the eagles have made a trade:

Eagles trade Ronnie Brown to Lions
    Posted by Michael David Smith on October 18, 2011, 4:08 PM EDT
    Getty ImagesRonnie Brown’s stay with the Dream Team didn’t last long.

Brown, the running back who signed a one-year contract with the Eagles in August, has been traded to the Lions for running back Jerome Harrison and a 2013 seventh-round draft pick, according to multiple reports.

Although Brown has played all six games for the Eagles this year, he hasn’t done much: He has just 38 yards on 13 carries, and his most notable play was a bizarre fumble that cost the Eagles dearly in their loss to the 49ers.

Harrison, who also played briefly for the Eagles last year, has 41 yards on 14 carries this season for the Lions.

yeah, blockbuster

brian rolle played well sunday. only one game, so we'll see
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    yeah, blockbuster

brian rolle played well sunday. only one game, so we'll see

ah yes, the 6th round rookie who unseated the 4th round rookie. :lol: ....they do look much better without clay mathews' sister in there though.
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Asante's really gonna be a pain in the ass now. I wish we would have traded him,he's gonna make us regret this in a bad way.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Asante's really gonna be a pain in the ass now. I wish we would have traded him,he's gonna make us regret this in a bad way.

his form tackle on sunday was almost as funny as vince young...doing anything

I think this team will be fine. I still like their chances to win the division. bye should help a lot.
    The Fixer wrote:

I think this team will be fine. I still like their chances to win the division. bye should help a lot.

never seen someone hate a backup quarterback as you :lol:

they have a shot at winning their next 4 heading into the pats game. actually the pats game will be the first game they won't be favored in all year (guess there is a chance the giants will be favored the week before that though)

they can beat dallas at home. i'm saying 4 or 5 pt favorites there.
    bears at home on a monday night--like our chances
    they should absolutely destroy the cardinals
    then at giants on sunday night

it just sucks that they have left themselves with little to no wiggle room. so frustrating.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

they have a shot at winning their next 4 heading into the pats game. actually the pats game will be the first game they won't be favored in all year (guess there is a chance the giants will be favored the week before that though)

it just sucks that they have left themselves with little to no wiggle room. so frustrating.

I don't hate vince young. He isn't good enough to hate. I think his QB skills (well, lackthereof) are hilarious.

Reid having Young throw the ball on that 3rd down play was the dumbest play call of the year. Unfathomable
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Reid having Young throw the ball on that 3rd down play was the dumbest play call of the year. Unfathomable

coming off an injury, first game action of the year, 3rd and long deep in your own territory....umm, yeah, throwing it there was an awful decision by reid. unfortunately one of many so far this year. luckily rex grossman is the redskins quarterback. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
  • With Juan FINALLY making adjustments to the D, I think they have a chance to play well. Glad it only took 6 games for them to figure out that using the best Press/Man Cover CB in the last 20 years in Press/Man plays is a good idea. Juandamentals.

As for Jerome H., I thought he played really well last year whenever he was on the field. I always thought he was a great back who never got a chance. It gives me confidence knowing that if something happens to Shady, we have a back-up capable of picking up almost 300 yards in one game.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,801
    Apparently the Ronnie Brown/Harrison Deal got voided? :?:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

and thus, the eagles quest to trade for the same backup running back in consecutive years has come to an end:
    http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2011 ... ade-voided
    www.myspace.com

and thus, the eagles quest to trade for the same backup running back in consecutive years has come to an end:

I'd rather have harrison and the pick than brown. oh well. another exciting NFL trade deadline has come and gone
    The Fixer wrote:

I'd rather have harrison and the pick than brown. oh well. another exciting NFL trade deadline has come and gone

i don't know how exciting that was, but yes i would have liked for the trade to have gone through. eagles will probably cut brown now.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

i don't know how exciting that was, but yes i would have liked for the trade to have gone through. eagles will probably cut brown now.

everything is exciting about the NFL!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

right.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

right.

my above statement looks like it was written by vince young
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

right.

it's actually a pretty distinctive "fixer" statement.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

nah, my grammar is impeccable. I'm on a much higher reading level than a 3rd grader.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

nah, my grammar is impeccable. I'm on a much higher reading level than a 3rd grader.

another distinctive "fixer" statement. you're on a roll :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

what does that even mean? tell me more
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

what does that even mean? tell me more

the majority of your posts are either negative in nature, argumentative, or in reference to someone you have great disdain for. :wave:
    www.myspace.com
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i just heard this. amazing how things happen.
    www.myspace.com
    mcclain's bye week report card. tough not to agree with everything on here:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag ... ?viewAll=y
    www.myspace.com

this is a philly thread...you know there are going to be 10 pages of arguements over these grades. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

this is a philly thread...you know there are going to be 10 pages of arguements over these grades. :lol:

ha..i think wer'e all in agreement about how these first 6 games went though. ;)
    www.myspace.com
    mccoy's on pace to have one of the best season's ever for a rb in his 3rd season (with significantly less carries than anyone else on this list). long way to go but still...:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag ... Charm.html

Third Year's the Charm

LeSean McCoy is on pace to set an Eagles record with 1,517 rushing yards in a season. The third-year running back would eclipse Wilbert Montgomery's 1979 mark of 1,512 rushing yards, also set in his third season. McCoy, however, is projected to have significantly fewer carriers than Montgomery's 338. There is still a lot of football to be played, but if McCoy maintains his current pace he will rank right up there with the highest rushing totals for tailbacks in their third season. Here is where he would rank:

Player, team Year No. Yds. Avg. TDs

Jamal Lewis, Baltimore 2003 387 2,066 5.3 14

Earl Campbell, Houston 1980 373 1,934 5.2 13

Walter Payton, Chciago 1977 339 1,852 5.5 14

Terrell Davis, Denver 1997 369 1,750 4.7 15

Larry Johnson, Kansas City 2005 336 1,750 5.2 20

Emmitt Smith, Dallas 1992 373 1,713 4.6 18

Barry Foster, Pittsburgh 1992 390 1,690 4.3 11

LaDainian Tomlinson, San Diego 2003 313 1,645 5.3 13

Deuce McAllister, New Orleans 2003 351 1,641 4.7 8

Barry Sanders, Detroit 1991 342 1,548 4.5 16

Steven Jackson, St. Louis 2006 346 1,528 4.4 13