THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• the dudes without a doubt are biggest threat.

What?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    the dudes without a doubt are biggest threat.

What?
    I'm drunk kill me,its been a long long long day :D
    Go Birds!!!!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    Big win thought the def played great today. 1st time all year they didn't get gashed on the ground. Still want Reid gone but i'd rather win then lose just to see him go quicker. Even though i'm sure i'll change my mind when he does something Reid like again. Shady is a beast and know matter what pjhawks says the dudes without a doubt are biggest threat. Fuck Dallas!!!!!!!!!!!

McCoy was great yesterday no doubt but it's still the same argument i use all the time and that is you cannot score enough points in today's NFL running the ball that much. dominated the game and the other teams QB play was god-awful and still only won by a touchdown and had to make a 3rd and short to seal the game. in the long run that will end up hurting you like it did in the giants game. i'll repeat...run for 1st downs, pass to score.
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    lukin2006 wrote:
    it looks like the Giants are the front runners...they have faltered in the second half the last few years...you guys should still win the division.

Really? an Eagles team that lost 4 in a row and then barely beat the Skins is going to win the NFC East? :lol::lol::lol:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    crazypjfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    it looks like the Giants are the front runners...they have faltered in the second half the last few years...you guys should still win the division.

Really? an Eagles team that lost 4 in a row and then barely beat the Skins is going to win the NFC East? :lol::lol::lol:

ha...and that's cowboys fan you're talking to. the nfc east isn't that solid this year. it is wide open. birds have shown glimpses of what they can be. they looked unstoppable in the 1st half yesterday. loved the balance. sooner or later they'll put it together for a full game. coming off a bye and being healthy again seems like a good time to start. ;)

lesean mccoy's a beast. 6 straight games with a td. tied with ricky waters for 2nd all time franchise history. i think you can now make an argument that he's the best rb in the game through 6 games....which makes it all the more puzzling why they barely used him against san fran and buffalo. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    lesean mccoy's a beast. 6 straight games with a td. tied with ricky waters for 2nd all time franchise history. i think you can now make an argument that he's the best rb in the game through 6 games....which makes it all the more puzzling why they barely used him against san fran and buffalo. :lol:

I love the fantasy numbers this dude puts up. They should run more :D
    crazypjfan wrote:

I love the fantasy numbers this dude puts up. They should run more :D

i guess that's an ancillary benefit :lol: ...i think he's got a chance to be better than brian westbrook when it's all said and done. loved seeing him put the game away on that final drive. cowboys could have used him yesterday ;)
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    edited October 2011
    i think you can now make an argument that he's the best rb in the game through 6 games....

Forte or Fred Jackson
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i think he's got a chance to be better than brian westbrook when it's all said and done.

Westbrook was only great for a couple of seasons....shouldn't be too hard to pass him.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i think you can now make an argument that he's the best rb in the game through 6 games....

Forte or Fred Jackson

or darren mcfadden or peterson etc etc etc. i'm just saying he's in the discussion now with those guys.
    www.myspace.com
  • Hopefully we can play against Rex Grossman every week.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Hopefully we can play against Rex Grossman every week.

It was only a matter of time before Bad Rex showed himself :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

that was horrible rex
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:

best part of yesterday was that rex wasn't even the worst QB on the field. I need more vince young in my life. Hilarious watching that guy try to play QB.
    trade deadline's tomorrow.

i'm seeing juqua parker's name being mentioned in a few places...
    www.myspace.com
    eagles shopping asante...
    www.myspace.com
    nothing is gonna happen. NFL trade deadline is not really news.

Birds should have traded vick to oakland for 2 ones before he gets hurt again (or dirt in his eyes)
    The Fixer wrote:

Birds should have traded vick to oakland for 2 ones before he gets hurt again (or dirt in his eyes)

pretty big one already took place today dude...
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

I know...that's why I said the birds should have offered vick to oakland (they would have gotten more for vick than cincy did for palmer). anyway, one trade means there probably won't be anything else happening. espn will keep cramming rumors down our throats though

trades/rumors are just another reason why MLB is better
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I know...that's why I said the birds should have offered vick to oakland (they would have gotten more for vick than cincy did for palmer). anyway, one trade means there probably won't be anything else happening. espn will keep cramming rumors down our throats though

trades/rumors are just another reason why MLB is better

:lol:

it's the nature of the game. having a bye week right now and surplus of players at the cb and d end positions are reasons to think a trade is a more likely now than in previous years. odds are nothing will happen but you never know. the witherspoon trade was a decent one a few years back. wish they kept him.
    www.myspace.com
    The brain trust in Oakland needs to have there brain looked at. What they gave up is insane,i wouldn't have given more then a 3rd pick for him. And i'd trade Asante but it won't happen.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I'd love to see them move parker and/or samuel. chances of them replacing them with better defensive players are pretty slim though at this point in the year.

I think those dawkins/williams to the birds rumors are dead (not surprisingly). I'd love DJ williams...he is a beast
    The Fixer wrote:
    I'd love to see them move parker and/or samuel. chances of them replacing them with better defensive players are pretty slim though at this point in the year.

I think those dawkins/williams to the birds rumors are dead (not surprisingly). I'd love DJ williams...he is a beast

parker and samuel are both expendable. and its not too hard to get a lb in return worse than what we currently have...even though they have played better
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

parker and samuel are both expendable. and its not too hard to get a lb in return worse than what we currently have...even though they have played better

a bunch of guys on this team are expendable. the bengals screwed the eagles over by trading palmer. apparently the raiders were looking at vince young :lol::lol::lol: . I would take a bag of balls and a jugs machine for that guy
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

a bunch of guys on this team are expendable. the bengals screwed the eagles over by trading palmer. apparently the raiders were looking at vince young :lol::lol::lol: . I would take a bag of balls and a jugs machine for that guy

yeah the raiders are idiots. season's over if vick goes down. kafka or young, it doesn't matter. maybe some other team will offer up a mid round pick or something.
    www.myspace.com
    yeah the raiders are idiots. season's over if vick goes down. kafka or young, it doesn't matter. maybe some other team will offer up a mid round pick or something.

I'd prefer to watch young. It would mean a better draft pick (yes I think kafka would win more games than uncle rico) and we would get the comedic benefit of watching young attempt to run an offense.

sometimes those wonderlic scores do indeed tell the entire story
    The Fixer wrote:

I'd prefer to watch young. It would mean a better draft pick (yes I think kafka would win more games than uncle rico) and we would get the comedic benefit of watching young attempt to run an offense.

sometimes those wonderlic scores do indeed tell the entire story

maybe kafka is the next kolb! :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    :lol: ...what do you know? the eagles have made a trade:

Eagles trade Ronnie Brown to Lions
    Posted by Michael David Smith on October 18, 2011, 4:08 PM EDT
    Getty ImagesRonnie Brown’s stay with the Dream Team didn’t last long.

Brown, the running back who signed a one-year contract with the Eagles in August, has been traded to the Lions for running back Jerome Harrison and a 2013 seventh-round draft pick, according to multiple reports.

Although Brown has played all six games for the Eagles this year, he hasn’t done much: He has just 38 yards on 13 carries, and his most notable play was a bizarre fumble that cost the Eagles dearly in their loss to the 49ers.

Harrison, who also played briefly for the Eagles last year, has 41 yards on 14 carries this season for the Lions.
    www.myspace.com

Brown, the running back who signed a one-year contract with the Eagles in August, has been traded to the Lions for running back Jerome Harrison and a 2013 seventh-round draft pick, according to multiple reports.

Although Brown has played all six games for the Eagles this year, he hasn’t done much: He has just 38 yards on 13 carries, and his most notable play was a bizarre fumble that cost the Eagles dearly in their loss to the 49ers.

Harrison, who also played briefly for the Eagles last year, has 41 yards on 14 carries this season for the Lions.
    :crazy: :crazy: 2yrs in a row!!!
    Go Birds!!!!

yeah, blockbuster

brown was the 2nd best passer on the roster :D
This discussion has been closed.