THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    I would love for the Redskins to win this game....

there's no coming back from 1-5. the eagles need it way more than washington obviously.

sooo many issues with the eagles but i just don't think they lose this game. they're not horrible (except the safies and lb's). they could easily be 4-1 (3 blown 4th quarter leads).

they're just incredibly dumb in every facet imaginable...which is what makes this team so frustrating.

If I was going to make a pick I'd definitely take the Eagles. But I want to cheer for the Redskins, so that would make it no fun for me when I'm watching the game. Then again, last week I took the Eagles because I thought there was no way they'd be 1-4 and yet look what happened. Playing the Skins at home, who have the 6th ranked defense in the league, after they've had a bye week...I don't know...gonna be tough.

I'm not touching this one, lol

other than the monday night game last year these games are always close no matter who is the better team.
    www.myspace.com

• other than the monday night game last year these games are always close no matter who is the better team.

Man, that was the worst blowout I've ever seen in my life. Doubt it's gonna happen this time!

I hope it's a close game...
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    there's no coming back from 1-5. the eagles need it way more than washington obviously.

I don't think they are coming back from 1-4 either. They would have to go 9-2 to make the playoffs at 10-6. Not happening. Sorry to burst your bubble :)
    crazypjfan wrote:

I don't think they are coming back from 1-4 either. They would have to go 9-2 to make the playoffs at 10-6. Not happening. Sorry to burst your bubble :)

...where did i say they were coming back from 1-4? that was a must win they lost last week.

a handfull of 1-4 teams have made the playoffs before. no 1-5 team has ever done it (i'm talking since they expanded to 6 teams).

there is an outside shot 9 wins gets this below average division. they win this week, they're only 2 back with 5 division games left.

but at this point, they've most likely blown the season. a loss on sunday pretty much assures that.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    3020_1_thumbnail_2.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    3020_1_thumbnail_2.jpg

Ouch.
    edited October 2011
    crazypjfan wrote:
    81 wrote:
    3020_1_thumbnail_2.jpg

Ouch.

funny thing is, they win tomorrow, cowboys lose, birds will be 1 back with them coming to the linc next week in a game the eagles will be favored in. :o:mrgreen:
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    with that said, the o line could be a disaster tomorrow. looks like dunlap is out so herremans will move the left tackle and justice, who has not practiced at all in mudd's scheme and is still limping, will be back at right tackle.

skins d is much improved. kerrigan and orakbu are terrors on the outside....
    www.myspace.com

funny thing is, they win tomorrow, cowboys lose, birds will be 1 back with them coming to the linc next week in a game the eagles will be favored in. :o:mrgreen:

You know, I was gonna root for the Eagles this Sunday until you brought this up :)
    crazypjfan wrote:

You know, I was gonna root for the Eagles this Sunday until you brought this up :)

But......if the Birds and Cowboys win and the Giants lose....you will have a new division leader 8-)
    crazypjfan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

But......if the Birds and Cowboys win and the Giants lose....you will have a new division leader 8-)

this is essentially a playoff game for the eagles.
    www.myspace.com
    What's going on for Halloween in Philly? I was thinking about coming down to hang with some friends and maybe go to the Oct 30th game against Dallas. Will I get pounced if I dress up as Buddy Ryan :lol::lol:
    this is how this offense is supposed to look. i love the balance. nice of andy and marty to remember they have one of the best rb's in the game. shady is a god damned beast. he's so fucking good. o line looks surprisingly decent so far.

vick looks great.

defense remembered how to tackle. assomguh's hit on cooley is the first big hit i can remember all year actually :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    atta way nate!

defense finally making some big plays :D
    www.myspace.com
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Is Washington who we thought they were? ;):lol::lol:...good games by the Eagles so far. The division is wide open still...9 wins might take this division...imo.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Is Washington who we thought they were? ;):lol::lol:...good games by the Eagles so far. The division is wide open still...9 wins might take this division...imo.

...well the cowboys barely beat them :o:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    So does thier win count less in the standings... :lol::lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 wrote:

course not. neither will this one for the birds...just, so far at least, the birds have looked much better against them than dallas did. didn't dallas muster just 5 field goals or something in that one?
    www.myspace.com
    lukin2006 wrote:

course not. neither will this one for the birds...just, so far at least, the birds have looked much better against them than dallas did. didn't dallas muster just 5 field goals or something in that one?

It was an ugly game...but sometimes you win those ugly game...I'm not delusional when it comes to this cowboy team...they have some work to do...

lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

It was an ugly game...but sometimes you win those ugly game...I'm not delusional when it comes to this cowboy team...they have some work to do...

the whole division can say the same thing.

looking forward to boys/pats at 4
    www.myspace.com
  • Well this game is heading straight downhill.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Well this game is heading straight downhill.

you think? :?

defense stepped up nicely there after that big play.
    www.myspace.com
    No idea what to make of the game...should be high scoring...Austin and healthy Bryant should give Romo more options. Bottom line is if they get no pressure on Brady he'll pick the D apart.

If Romo takes care of the ball they should score points. I think they can win...but they have to play exceptional, limit penalties, no turnovers and execute.

Should be good game.

Yeah...you are right all teams in the division need work.

johnny....you son of a bitch.
    www.myspace.com
    eagles have no confidence in henry. that would have been a 47 yarder.

ackers hit a 55 yarder today.
    www.myspace.com
    What started off as a blow out ended up closer...it looks like the Giants are the front runners...they have faltered in the second half the last few years...you guys should still win the division.

lukin2006 wrote:
    What started off as a blow out ended up closer...it looks like the Giants are the front runners...they have faltered in the second half the last few years...you guys should still win the division.

gotta close these out better but a win's a win.

they'll be healthy coming out of the bye and then have 3 winnable games at home.

9-7 will take this division. it's definitely up for grabs.
    www.myspace.com
    lukin2006 wrote:

they'll be healthy coming out of the bye and then have 3 winnable games at home.

I think the division is yours for the taking...9-7 sounds about

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802
    lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I think the division is yours for the taking...9-7 sounds about

giants will be tough as well but if we can beat them the next time we play them....

nice win guys :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Big win thought the def played great today. 1st time all year they didn't get gashed on the ground. Still want Reid gone but i'd rather win then lose just to see him go quicker. Even though i'm sure i'll change my mind when he does something Reid like again. Shady is a beast and know matter what pjhawks says the dudes without a doubt are biggest threat. Fuck Dallas!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
This discussion has been closed.