THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    are you crying?

last week you said mccoy "was pretty good." i guess a week later you think he's better? maybe there is hope for you.

wow, "every defensive coordinator?" man you've got all kinds of crazy connections in this league...which makes it even weirder that you know so little about it :lol:

show me a game where he was the 1st option to shut down = where the box was stacked to stop mccoy. go back 2 years.....i'll wait. go please. i've even give you a week or so. when you find one please post it.

you don't stack the box vs teams with multi dimensional offenses. show me a game where a team stacked the box vs marshall faulk or thurman thomas or edgerrain james

if you think jackson is better than mccoy...well, it actually that doesn't surprise me that you think that
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    pjhawks wrote:
    are you crying?

last week you said mccoy "was pretty good." i guess a week later you think he's better? maybe there is hope for you.

wow, "every defensive coordinator?" man you've got all kinds of crazy connections in this league...which makes it even weirder that you know so little about it :lol:

show me a game where he was the 1st option to shut down = where the box was stacked to stop mccoy. go back 2 years.....i'll wait. go please. i've even give you a week or so. when you find one please post it.

man dude. why would any defensive coordinator in his right mind put 8 in the box against the eagles? if barry sanders was our running back they wouldn't do that with the talent at wide out...that's why you don't throw it 85% of the time.

you're too funny :lol::lol:

NO that's the fucking point!!! defenses barely care about teams running the ball because you cannot score enough points running the football. that is exactly the point i've been trying to make. you just made it for me. thank you!!!

run for 1st downs, pass to score
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    I take it McCoy is the new Ryan Howard.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

well the dude above does think the phils are better off with ross gload at 1st base.

and mccoy wishes his career will be as good as ryan howards has been.
    pjhawks wrote:
    jackson is the number 1 option on offense. only 2nd player the eagles have had in my lifetime who was a threat to score a TD everytime he touches the ball (westbrook the other) in all facets of the game.

ricky watters, TO, mccoy, maclin...all threats to score every time they touch the ball.

jackson had the 4th most catches on the team last year. 4th!!!

The guy does one thing well, runs fast. his hands are average at best. he's a good player, but he's not even close to as good as mccoy
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

man dude. why would any defensive coordinator in his right mind put 8 in the box against the eagles? if barry sanders was our running back they wouldn't do that with the talent at wide out...that's why you don't throw it 85% of the time.

you're too funny :lol::lol:

NO that's the fucking point!!! defenses barely care about teams running the ball because you cannot score enough points running the football. that is exactly the point i've been trying to make. you just made it for me. thank you!!!

run for 1st downs, pass to score

you do not understand football. not even a little bit.

you even brought up wesbrook to support your desean jackson argument. lesean mccoy is a westbrook clone! they are very similiar players which is why reid drafted mccoy in the first place. hahaha....how can someone who claims to watch this team every week not see that? boggles the mind. oh, and teams didn't put 8 in the box every game for westbrooks career here either.

....did you just learn what 8 in the box means this morning or something? :lol: my god
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

well the dude above does think the phils are better off with ross gload at 1st base.

and mccoy wishes his career will be as good as ryan howards has been.

Don't all athletes wish they could have careers as good as Babe Ruth and Ted Williams?

Kidding, not really, but I'm out. I'll leave this thread to you guys.

Just one more thing.

BIG BLUE, BIG BLUE, BIG BLUE
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

nah, you have it wrong.

utley = mccoy
    d jackson = howard

the comp is spot on actually. jackson over mccoy is hilarious
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

do u hear this in the coffee shop also??? the bickering? how is sports radio??
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:lol::lol: I would imagine sports talk radio is exactly like this thread here. haha.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:lol::lol: I would imagine sports talk radio is exactly like this thread here. haha.

i think the people who want to throw the ball 85% of the time don't know what station sports talk is on...
    www.myspace.com
    i think the people who want to throw the ball 85% of the time don't know what station sports talk is on...

Fair enough :lol::lol:

i think people who talk about and/or listen to sports talk radio are neanderthal jersey wearing goons who can barely count to 100. sports talk radio is as relevant to sports as fantasy leagues. worthless pieces of garbage that non-athletic never actually stepped on a field douche's listen to and follow. to say anything about sports talk radio is really just sad and pathetic.
    pjhawks wrote:

i think people who talk about and/or listen to sports talk radio are neanderthal jersey wearing goons who can barely count to 100. sports talk radio is as relevant to sports as fantasy leagues. worthless pieces of garbage that non-athletic never actually stepped on a field douche's listen to and follow. to say anything about sports talk radio is really just sad and pathetic.

wow. strong words.

i think people who want to throw the ball 85% of the time should spend time less time talking football. ;)
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

wow. strong words.

i think people who want to throw the ball 85% of the time should spend time less time talking football. ;)

that's all you got for a rebuttal? simple minded jersey wearing folk i take it :D:D:D
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

wow. strong words.

that's all you got for a rebuttal? simple minded jersey wearing folk i take it :D:D:D

i assume you're referring to 610? there's a lot of great sports talk on sirius and xm out there. regular radio blows for the most part.

anyway,

8 in the box!
    yards per completion!
    really interested in what new football jargon you learn for next weeks game.

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    8 in the box!
    yards per completion!

it's a great day in philly for the purists. we ran the ball and gained a lot of yards on the ground. that's really important to a lot of people apparantly. ill take points and wins but hey i'm just a crazy older knucklehead who isn't a fantasy league or sabermatician guy and who actually spent an awful lot of time actually playing sports on fields and not the video game kind.
    pjhawks wrote:
    8 in the box!
    yards per completion!

it's a great day in philly for the purists. we ran the ball and gained a lot of yards on the ground. that's really important to a lot of people apparantly. ill take points and wins but hey i'm just a crazy older knucklehead who isn't a fantasy league or sabermatician guy and who actually spent an awful lot of time actually playing sports on fields and not the video game kind.

i don't know you. but i'd be shocked if you played a lot of sports on the field. your whole football philosophy seems derived from a john madden football game or the arena league. 85% of the time :lol: go start a philadelphia soul thread dude.

and again--the winning team had a 50/50 pass/run ratio yesterday which set up some nice shots down the field.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    8 in the box!
    yards per completion!

i don't know you. but i'd be shocked if you played a lot of sports on the field. your whole football philosophy seems derived from a john madden football game or the arena league. 85% of the time :lol: go start a philadelphia soul thread dude.

and again--the winning team had a 50/50 pass/run ratio yesterday which set up some nice shots down the field.

and the losing team ran the ball something like 57% of the time. i guess more passes were called for. maybe not 80% but sure as hell more than 43% would have been better.

as for me only played football in grade school but played a ton of basketball, baseball and fast pitch softball. hell even played a little soccer and street hockey. was damn good i might add :D
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

and the losing team ran the ball something like 57% of the time. i guess more passes were called for. maybe not 80% but sure as hell more than 43% would have been better.

losing team also had 3 picks. but they should have taken a few shots down the field via play action like i've repeatedly said. as the giants proved, that's what those runs can open up for teams.

either way, we've got one of the best running backs in the game. sooner or later you'll realize this. the running game kept us in the game.

bad decision making by the coach and overall poor execution was why the eagles lost.
    www.myspace.com
    losing team also had 3 picks. but they should have taken a few shots down the field via play action like i've repeatedly said. as the giants proved, that's what those runs can open up for teams.

either way, we've got one of the best running backs in the game. sooner or later you'll realize this. the running game kept us in the game.

bad decision making by the coach and overall poor execution was why the eagles lost.

not scoring touchdowns is why the lost. giving the ball to Owen Schmidt ever is a complete utter waste of an nfl play let alone 2x in the red zone. i know you think i'm fucking nuts but the bottom line is it is easier to score throwing the ball then running. and i do know mccoy is one of the best running backs in the league but it's just not a top priority position anymore. and where running backs are drafted these days shows you where they are listed in the positional hierarchy for teams. and a stud hall of fame level running back hasn't won a super bowl in what a decade.
    edited September 2011
    pjhawks wrote:
    as for me only played football in grade school but played a ton of basketball, baseball and fast pitch softball. hell even played a little soccer and street hockey. was damn good i might add :D

by far the best part of a philly thread...ever.

dude tries to rip people for not playing sports...then comes back with this. fast pitch softball and street hockey...hahahahaha

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    pjhawks wrote:

not scoring touchdowns is why the lost. giving the ball to Owen Schmidt ever is a complete utter waste of an nfl play let alone 2x in the red zone. i know you think i'm fucking nuts but the bottom line is it is easier to score throwing the ball then running. and i do know mccoy is one of the best running backs in the league but it's just not a top priority position anymore. and where running backs are drafted these days shows you where they are listed in the positional hierarchy for teams. and a stud hall of fame level running back hasn't won a super bowl in what a decade.

not scoring touchdowns is why they lost? wow. astute commentary yet again.

they scored one touchdown. running the ball. all those runs should have opened up more opportunities to throw the ball downfield but they never took advantage. and had andy reid given it to his best player instead of a guy who has only ran it 5 times in his career (seriously) TWICE at the goaline i can almost guarnatee they score a 2nd running touchdown and win the game. poor coaching.

nobody has ever disputed that it is a passing league. my neighbor's newborn can tell you that. over 80% of the time only works in the arena league and video games though. you will never, ever, see that happen in the nfl. ever. our running game kept us in it yesterday. shady is a beast.
    www.myspace.com
    I'm probably the biggest reid apologist here and even I can't defend the 3 plays from the 1 or going for it on 4th down. not the coaches best game yesterday.

they looked bad all around (except mccoy). lot of new faces (coaches and players). they will figure it out...reid coached teams usually get better as the season progresses.

like jeags said, it's only one game. brutal loss, but not the end of the world. just sucks it was to the giants...man I hate them
  • You know ur wrong when me,jeags and the fixer are all on the same page. I have no clue how Hawks can't see who the best weapon is. The Pats yesterday are a perfect example of why passing too much is a bad thing. Up 21-0 and there genius coach has Brady throwing int after int instaed of giving BGE or Woodhead the ball. And before someone says see the Pats win throwing more then us THEY HAVE TOM FUCKING BRADY WE DONT!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    edited September 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

by far the best part of a philly thread...ever.

dude tries to rip people for not playing sports...then comes back with this. fast pitch softball and street hockey...hahahahaha

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

dude on our team and at least 2 others in our league threw in the 80s in modified fast pitch softball. you couldn't fucking hit it. not then, not now, not ever. but i'm sure you could have been fantastic betting on it and picking a fantasy team. :roll: :roll:

The Fixer's greatest hits:
    1) phils are better off with ross gload at 1st base over ryan howard
    2) phils will be lucky to win 90 fucking games with this offense
    3) i'd rather have dan carcillo dress than jeff carter
    4) ruben amaro is one of the worst gm's in baseball
    5) flyers goaltending has been as good as Ryan Miller in this series
    6) mayberry sucks and is a minor leaguer
    7) joselio hanson is a beast and will help this team
    8) shrugs off rape because a rapist played for his alma mater and his now in the NBA
    9) the braves will be in 1st place by memorial day
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    You know ur wrong when me,jeags and the fixer are all on the same page. I have no clue how Hawks can't see who the best weapon is. The Pats yesterday are a perfect example of why passing too much is a bad thing. Up 21-0 and there genius coach has Brady throwing int after int instaed of giving BGE or Woodhead the ball. And before someone says see the Pats win throwing more then us THEY HAVE TOM FUCKING BRADY WE DONT!!!

hmm let's see who should i trust more 3 guys on a pearl jam message board or every defensive coordinator who has played against the eagles for 2 seasons...hmmm let's see, wait for it. wait for it...........

i'll go with the guys who do the defensive coordinator's job for 60 or 70 hours per week over you 3.
  • So Jackson is a better player then DJack is what ur telling me? DJack is a better home run hitter i'll give u that,but Mccoy is a better all around weapon.
    Go Birds!!!!
    So Jackson is a better player then DJack is what ur telling me? DJack is a better home run hitter i'll give u that,but Mccoy is a better all around weapon.

mccoy never receives the ball more than 3 yards down the field. we never split him out and we never throw him the ball down the field like we did with westbrook. great at what he does but i wouldn't say 'all around'. we don't come close to doing the things with mccoy that we did with westbrook. i think mccoy is a better rusher than westbrook but jackson gets the ball in positons like we used to do with westbrook. mccoy gets the ball in 2 ways, rushing and screen passes. jackson, like westbrook, gets the ball in a multitude of ways including returning kicks, an occasional rush, screens, passes over the middle and out patterns and of course the home run ball. if you break the field down into sections jackson is a threat in all sections of the field.
    being a threat on all parts of the field and not just the line of scrimmage makes jackson a better weapon. can you honestly say mccoy is a threat on all parts of the field like jackson is and like westbrook was before him?
  • All I know is that McCoy is scoring a ton of fantasy points for me this year!
This discussion has been closed.