THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    Flagg wrote:
    So do y'all have a price on Dunta Robinson's head yet after his antics the past couple of years?

the next play after he hit maclin they ran a sweep and peters had him lined up. i though peters should have driven him all the way into the bench and threw him over it like in the move the Blindside and taken the 15 yard penalty.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    MIke Kafka. Awesome. :roll:

This thread sucks. Why even respond to someone who thinks a team should throw the ball 90% of the time? Just laugh and move on.

fair enough. just boggles the mind.

giants off a short week. i think we can beat them with kafka...
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawks wrote:
    MIke Kafka. Awesome. :roll:

This thread sucks. Why even respond to someone who thinks a team should throw the ball 90% of the time? Just laugh and move on.

80% - and it is kind of funny watching juggler's head explode on here about it.

and tough loss saturday johnny. only saw mid 3rd quarter to mid 4th quarter but penn state looked like they got pretty lucky. the lack of skill players on Penn State's offense is kind of disturbing. other than moye doesn't seem like they got much big play skill on offense. even Redd is kind of average for that level.

Penn St's offense is garbage. 3rd & 14 in the 4th quarter up by 3, just run a fucking draw play and punt. They weren't gonna drive the field, and they couldn't make a FG longer than an extra point. Instead let's throw into a secondary that's been smothering the receivers since the end of the 1st quarter and, waddyaknow, it's an interception. Honestly, a Temple win there, I wouldn't even classify it as an upset. I think the teams are evenly matched. Temple just hasn't learned how to win big games. That's the next step for that program.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    pjhawks wrote:

and tough loss saturday johnny. only saw mid 3rd quarter to mid 4th quarter but penn state looked like they got pretty lucky. the lack of skill players on Penn State's offense is kind of disturbing. other than moye doesn't seem like they got much big play skill on offense. even Redd is kind of average for that level.

Penn St's offense is garbage. 3rd & 14 in the 4th quarter up by 3, just run a fucking draw play and punt. They weren't gonna drive the field, and they couldn't make a FG longer than an extra point. Instead let's throw into a secondary that's been smothering the receivers since the end of the 1st quarter and, waddyaknow, it's an interception. Honestly, a Temple win there, I wouldn't even classify it as an upset. I think the teams are evenly matched. Temple just hasn't learned how to win big games. That's the next step for that program.

saw most of the game...wish i didn't. that was painful to watch.

like i said in the college thread, if that performance can't convince people that it's time for joepa to step aside, nothing can convince them. why would any top recruit commit to psu if he doesn't know how long the coach will be around? their talent level is a shell of it's former self...even from just a few years ago.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i know it's college ball, but just for fun, i looked at Ga Tech's stats......

are you ready for this....

196 snaps....

164 runs.

83.2% run....last year was 81.7% run

http://espn.go.com/college-football/tea ... ow-jackets
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

196 snaps....

164 runs.

Extreme offenses (run or pass) can work in high school or college. Just not in the pros. Once upon a time the forward pass was illegal.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    81 wrote:

196 snaps....

164 runs.

Extreme offenses (run or pass) can work in high school or college. Just not in the pros. Once upon a time the forward pass was illegal.

the number of passes some teams throw today was considered extreme 20 years ago (see juggler's stats a few pages ago about how often the run-and-shoot and air coryell offenses threw the ball which was considered extreme at the time). the game evolves and changes. if the rules continue as they are there is no reason to think the numbers won't continue to increase in the passing game.
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:

196 snaps....

164 runs.

the number of passes some teams throw today was considered extreme 20 years ago (see juggler's stats a few pages ago about how often the run-and-shoot and air coryell offenses threw the ball which was considered extreme at the time). the game evolves and changes. if the rules continue as they are there is no reason to think the numbers won't continue to increase in the passing game.

aaaaaaand for the many reasons to believe it will not increase to over 80%, please read the referenced posts in full.
    www.myspace.com
    slight concussion. avant had a "slight concussion" last year (happened on the desean return vs giants) and played the next week.

so, there's a chance...
    www.myspace.com
    nbc producers apologize to eagles and andy reid for not having proper replays ready on the interception not challenged. so as said not such an easy play to review.
    pjhawks wrote:
    nbc producers apologize to eagles and andy reid for not having proper replays ready on the interception not challenged. so as said not such an easy play to review.

1st replay showed ball moving underneath the d back. plus jason avant was waving no catch.

huge momentum changer. you need the head coach to throw a challenge flag there no doubt. still had 2 left.

oh well....1-1 ain't the end of the world.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:

like i said in the college thread, if that performance can't convince people that it's time for joepa to step aside, nothing can convince them. why would any top recruit commit to psu if he doesn't know how long the coach will be around? their talent level is a shell of it's former self...even from just a few years ago.

mcgloin is the worst QB in college football. That dude fucking stinks. Reminds me of Zack Mills...only not lefthanded and with red hari. and much shittier.

Yes, I'm still bitter that he cost me a lot of money with his pick six in the last minute of the bowl game vs florida last year. 5 picks in one game. what a turd
    The Fixer wrote:

mcgloin is the worst QB in college football. That dude fucking stinks. Reminds me of Zack Mills...only not lefthanded and with red hari. and much shittier.

Yes, I'm still bitter that he cost me a lot of money with his pick six in the last minute of the bowl game vs florida last year. 5 picks in one game. what a turd

he sucks....thing is, bolden is only marginally better.
    www.myspace.com
    Bears passed 82% of the time this past sunday....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

and Ryan Howard has no RBI's since his cortisone shot.

81 wrote:

..how'd that work out?

obviously when you're getting blown out (as your juggler predicted) you're gonna throw and throw and throw. especially when your offensive coordinator is named mike martz. :lol:

in other news adam shefter is saying he is hearing the eagles are saying they expect vick to play sunday :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

..how'd that work out?

obviously when you're getting blown out (as your juggler predicted) you're gonna throw and throw and throw. especially when your offensive coordinator is named mike martz. :lol:

in other news adam shefter is saying he is hearing the eagles are saying they expect vick to play sunday :thumbup:

but they were only down 3 late in the 3rd.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

..how'd that work out?

:thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

..how'd that work out?

using facts instead of opinions is frowned upon in the philly threads :)

and stupid to play vick this week in my opinion. whats the point? it's week 3. give him an extra week of rest.
  • pjhawks wrote:
    and stupid to play vick this week in my opinion. whats the point? it's week 3. give him an extra week of rest.

Thanks Dr. pjhawks.

We'll just let the medical folks make those decisions. I imagine they will be quite conservative with their $40M+ investment.

pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:

..how'd that work out?

using facts instead of opinions is frowned upon in the philly threads :)

fact #1: : they lost by over 2 touchdowns playing that way.

fact #2: the winning team threw it 24% less than your prescription for success.
    :crazy: :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • giants are gonna be head hunting vick...better be careful when he runs and the o line better show up
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    edited September 2011
    so the casey mathews at middle lb experiment has come to an end after 2 weeks:

mathews to the weak side.
    foku to sam.
    chaney back to the middle...where he should have been all along

i guess this makes sense. not much else you can do at this point. chaney showed a lot of potential there last year. really not a fan of the other two guys.

still amazes me how much andy reid has undervalued his linebackers for so long. i'll never understand it.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • so the casey mathews at middle lb experiment has come to an end after 2 weeks:

foku to sam.
    chaney back to the middle...where he should have been all around.

i guess this makes sense. not much else you can do at this point. chaney showed a lot of potential there last year. really not a fan of the other two guys.

still amazes me how much andy reid has undervalued his linebackers for so long. i'll never understand it.

How long did it take him to get good Receivers ?

;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    so the casey mathews at middle lb experiment has come to an end after 2 weeks:

foku to sam.

;)

5 years...which is actually remarkably fast considering casey mathews is a starting lb in year 13. :roll:
    www.myspace.com
  • so the casey mathews at middle lb experiment has come to an end after 2 weeks:

foku to sam.

;)

5 years...which is actually remarkably fast considering casey mathews is a starting lb in year 13. :roll:

How about managing timeouts how much longer do we have to suffer ?

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

from ESPN.com - some stats and facts so far.
    "Passing yardage is up 62.3 yards a game (teams are averaging 492.8 passing yards per game) compared to last season. The average length of a completion is up 1.1 yards to a staggering 12.3 yards. Touchdown receptions are up 20.4 percent with 108 passing touchdowns in two weeks. The run-to-pass ratio is 41.2 to 58.8"

take a look at the average yards per completion. even a 50% completion rate gets you a 1st down on every 2 average pass plays. and the league average for pass plays is almost 60%. moving on up......when around 20-25 years ago 63% of passes was considered 'outlandish' per juggler's stats of last week. it's evolution baby!!!
    edited September 2011
    pjhawks wrote:

from ESPN.com - some stats and facts so far.
    "Passing yardage is up 62.3 yards a game (teams are averaging 492.8 passing yards per game) compared to last season. The average length of a completion is up 1.1 yards to a staggering 12.3 yards. Touchdown receptions are up 20.4 percent with 108 passing touchdowns in two weeks. The run-to-pass ratio is 41.2 to 58.8"

take a look at the average yards per completion. even a 50% completion rate gets you a 1st down on every 2 average pass plays. and the league average for pass plays is almost 60%. moving on up......when around 20-25 years ago 63% of passes was considered 'outlandish' per juggler's stats of last week. it's evolution baby!!!

yards per completion? dude...did you just discover that stat?
    you can say that about ypc for every year. even in 1990 the league average was 12.5 yards per completion. you have to look at yards per attempt.

average yards per pass this year is 7.1. average yards per rush attempt is 4.1.

on the eagles: vick averages 7.15 yards per attempt. mccoy averages 6.6 yards per run.

there was also a record set for sacks in week 1.

in this example bears example, jay cutler was sacked 6 times sunday. 11 through 2 weeks. mike martz even said yesterday that he fucked up by calling so many passes and if it continues, cutler probably won't make it through the season.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -coaching/

sorry dude...your "innovative" video game dream of throwing over 80% of the time will never, ever, ever, become a reality.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    vick cleared by independent doc. :thumbup:

nfln is showing miracle at the meadowlands 2 on saturday (might just wanna fast forward to the last 10 minutes) :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    birds favored by 7.5. wow, that's a big number.

i was thinking maybe 4 or 5......hmmmm. birds in a blowout maybe? :eh:
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.