THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    and if your qb is going bad, like he was, run the god damn ball!

:

when in doubt go with the cliche-esque run the ball more :roll: 2 yards and a cloud of dust baby back to the 70s
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    pjhawks wrote:

:

when in doubt go with the cliche-esque run the ball more :roll: 2 yards and a cloud of dust baby back to the 70s

you should consider talking less sports.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    my point is that the last two years the eagles have not been playoff caliber teams based on talent. coaching is what got them to the playoffs.

vick was HORRENDOUS vs minnesota last year. I think the vikings dropped 10 picks that game. And his fumble (after he ran around in the backfield for 5 minutes as always) resulted in a minn TD (I guess the fumble was reids fault).

no one wants to blame vick. the dude just isn't that good of a QB. he's an incredible athlete playing the wrong position. only thing I blame reid for is failing to realize this and trading away the wrong QB

i completely disagree with you about the last two years. they absolutely were playoff caliber teams each year. not super bowl caliber but playoff caliber- no doubt. once vick was given the nod their expectactions changed dramatically.

the whole team was horrendous against minnesota. no excuse for them to come out that flat against a bad team with so much riding on it. that was essentially a playoff game for the birds and they did not show up. and if your qb is going bad, like he was, run the god damn ball!

oh, so the "only" thing you blame reid for is, in your opinion, completely screwing up the most important position in all of sports. :lol: obviously i disagree with you. but i just find it funny how you worship at the dude's altar despite this incredibly huge issue. seriously man. if you think vick is a garbage qb, you should hate andy reid for putting all his chips in vick's corner. i mean it's not like he went with a different outside linebacker than you liked. he literally changed the direction that the entire franchise was headed with vick at the helm.

i think he's good coach, not a great one. he makes the same mistakes he made in 1999. but i'm not one of those people who says "the eagles will never win a super bowl with andy reid... yada yada." despite some holes, this team has the talent to make a deep run this year. can't wait for the season to get going :mrgreen:

look at how many TD passes the eagles have allowed the last two years. without reid they are the texans

reid shit the bed on the QB thing. I will call him out when I disagree with him...and I certainly do in this regard

vick isn't garbage, he's just not smart enough or well rounded enough as a player to lead a team to a SB win IMO

we're going in circles. you like vick more than I do and i like reid more than you do. like you said, they are tied at the hip now, so their success correlates. I hope vick proves me wrong. should be a fun season

i just appreciate the irony here.

you love andy reid so much and always talk about how great he is and how underappreciated he is…yet he, according to you, repeatedly goes with quarterbacks who are preventing the eagles from winning a super bowl.

so, therefore, you must enjoy not winning super bowls :lol: ….obviously i’m kidding. that dynamic is just funny to me
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The O-Line being such a huge question mark is the problem this year

I have bad feeling week one in a fired up Dome
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Jeags they make the playoffs every year this is the best the franchise has been ever!

Don't worry about SB'S
    ;)

how do you feel about week 2 in the georgia dome on a sunday night? ;)

i kind of like having those two tough tests early on though. should be favored in the next 4 games headed into the bye. i'd love to be 4-2 at the bye...
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

:

why because i actually have my own thoughts and don't just spew the same bs that the masses spew? 'running the ball' is the most overused and overhyped comment media-types and fans use whenever things go bad with the eagles.

at least you haven't tried to convince us the pre-season games are important like you did last year.
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

why because i actually have my own thoughts and don't just spew the same bs that the masses spew? 'running the ball' is the most overused and overhyped comment media-types and fans use whenever things go bad with the eagles.

at least you haven't tried to convince us the pre-season games are important like you did last year.

you really don't know what your talking about in just about every sports thread you post in.

preseason games results are meaningless. the reps and execution are important just like reps/execution in practices are. especially this year without the ota's.

when your qb is playing like shit, yeah it makes a lot of sense to continue to have him drop back to pass all game long. :thumbup: :roll:
    www.myspace.com
    Jeags they make the playoffs every year this is the best the franchise has been ever!

Don't worry about SB'S
    ;)

ugh - it actually is but never let FACTS get in the way. since they've never won a super bowl and only been there 2x, this run has been better than any other in franchise history in the super bowl era. can't argue that. yes not wining a super bowl yet sucks but when comparing this coach and this era to the rest of the era's of the franchise yup it's not really close. this is by far the best run in the super bowl era of the NFL this franchise has had. next.....
    you really don't know what your talking about in just about every sports thread you post in.

preseason games results are meaningless. the reps and execution are important just like reps/execution in practices are. especially this year without the ota's.

when your qb is playing like shit, yeah it makes a lot of sense to continue to have him drop back to pass all game long. :thumbup: :roll:

show me a team in the NFL that wins when their QB plays like shit whether they run the fucking ball or not. again it's a tired and overused argument by people who need to try and come up with an excuse for a loss other than the players sucked that day. you know sometimes it's just bad play that causes losses not some unforseen wip-esque reason. but fantasy geeks and sabermetrics seem to need a mathematical reason and/or a fucking chart to explain losses.

edit: and in today's game under the current rules and with the receivers this team has a pass play is the best option 95% of the time. in the opposite view when i watch other teams offenses against the eagles defense almost all the time i'd rather have that team call a running a play than a pass play. i don't care about giving up 3 or 4 yards. rarely are you going all the way down the field running the ball. except to run out clock at end of the games you aren't beating me running the ball.

edit #2: everyone agrees that 3rd and long is the worst case scenario for an offense, yet running the ball for 3 yards a pop leaves you in 3rd and long everytime. all i have to do is stop 1 out of 3 running plays and your offense is in 3rd and long.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pjhawks wrote:

it's 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

i miss old school I formation double tight end football.

:(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

it's 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

i miss old school I formation double tight end football.

:(

not the way the eagles run it :D

and 3 yards and a cloud of dust still leave you with 4th and 1. throw the damn ball it's what the rules dictate these days.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol:

it's sucks what they have done to the game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

how do you feel about week 2 in the georgia dome on a sunday night? ;)

i kind of like having those two tough tests early on though. should be favored in the next 4 games headed into the bye. i'd love to be 4-2 at the bye...
    Ugh.. That could be a blood bath

Earn their stripes early hopefully

pjhawks wrote:

show me a team in the NFL that wins when their QB plays like shit whether they run the fucking ball or not. again it's a tired and overused argument by people who need to try and come up with an excuse for a loss other than the players sucked that day. you know sometimes it's just bad play that causes losses not some unforseen wip-esque reason. but fantasy geeks and sabermetrics seem to need a mathematical reason and/or a fucking chart to explain losses.

edit: and in today's game under the current rules and with the receivers this team has a pass play is the best option 95% of the time. in the opposite view when i watch other teams offenses against the eagles defense almost all the time i'd rather have that team call a running a play than a pass play. i don't care about giving up 3 or 4 yards. rarely are you going all the way down the field running the ball. except to run out clock at end of the games you aren't beating me running the ball.

edit #2: everyone agrees that 3rd and long is the worst case scenario for an offense, yet running the ball for 3 yards a pop leaves you in 3rd and long everytime. all i have to do is stop 1 out of 3 running plays and your offense is in 3rd and long.

you're the head coach of a football team (god help us all). your quarterback clearly does not have it today. he's completing less than 50% of his passes. his offensive line is giving up sacks left and right. you also have one of the better running backs in the league.

as his coach, what would you do to help him out?
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

you're the head coach of a football team (god help us all). your quarterback clearly does not have it today. he's completing less than 50% of his passes. his offensive line is giving up sacks left and right. you also have one of the better running backs in the league.

I usually use the ASK MADDEN feature

:lol:;)

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

you love andy reid so much and always talk about how great he is and how underappreciated he is…yet he, according to you, repeatedly goes with quarterbacks who are preventing the eagles from winning a super bowl.

so, therefore, you must enjoy not winning super bowls :lol: ….obviously i’m kidding. that dynamic is just funny to me

I thought mcnabb would win one up utnil the arizona game. once the eagles got the ball, 2 mins left, down 7...I knew the game was over. reid probably kept him one year too long, but he saw the light as well. vick is the first qb that reid has gone with that I have disagreed with.

reid is the best thing to ever happen to this franchise. by far
    pjhawks wrote:

well any team completing less than 50% of their passes in any NFL game ain't winning period. and how many teams win in any sport when their best players don't play well? our best players are the qb and wide receivers just so you know.

but anyway i'd...

throw screens to mccoy (since that is by far where he is best), tell your QB to use his legs (unstoppable when scrambling) and not throw into tight coverage/interceptions , put jackson back to return punts and send your stud receivers long and hope for big plays. my best chance of winning when my qb is not playing well is to limit turnovers and come up with 2 or 3 big plays and by god we have the players to come up with big plays. we would NEVER score 21+ points running the ball.
    edited August 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

I thought mcnabb would win one up utnil the arizona game. once the eagles got the ball, 2 mins left, down 7...I knew the game was over. reid probably kept him one year too long, but he saw the light as well. vick is the first qb that reid has gone with that I have disagreed with.

jim johnson, brian dawkins and the defense (oh and david akers, forgot him) cost them that game. eagles had the lead and they let the cardinals go down the field and waste almost 9 minutes to take the lead. and curtis was interfered with on the last play. it wasn't mcnabb's fault. blaming mcnabb because of one drive is like blaming one player for one strikeout in the last at-bat....oh wait :roll: :roll: :roll:
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    pjhawks wrote:

I usually use the ASK MADDEN feature

:lol:;)

pretty sure he'd give you a better option than what pjhawks said. his response is reminiscent of being back in college and playing that game drunk as hell at 3 in the morning. ALL PASSES, ALL THE TIME. YEAH! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    edited August 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

Reid is no doubt just cant believe how thread bare he has left the O-Line

Vick can get out of the way most time but he's gonna take a pounding

The line hasn't started together as a unit and that's scary with 2 rookies on the line
    Post edited by Phantom Pain on

te]

pretty sure he'd give you a better option than what pjhawks said. his response is reminiscent of being back in college and playing that game drunk as hell at 3 in the morning. ALL PASSES, ALL THE TIME. YEAH! :mrgreen:

There are running plays in Madden ?

All 4 downs are passing regardless of field position

:D

The Fixer wrote:

St. Louis game also they ran the ball down are throats in the 2nd half

The D gets a pass around here (in philly I mean) B Dawk is a living legend but those defenses cost us plenty in the playoffs

I'm not singling him out as the cause but just like McNabb gets blamed he should also take the blame for these games

pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

well any team completing less than 50% of their passes in any NFL game ain't winning period. and how many teams win in any sport when their best players don't play well? our best players are the qb and wide receivers just so you know.

but anyway i'd...

throw screens to mccoy (since that is by far where he is best), tell your QB to use his legs (unstoppable when scrambling) and not throw into tight coverage/interceptions , put jackson back to return punts and send your stud receivers long and hope for big plays. my best chance of winning when my qb is not playing well is to limit turnovers and come up with 2 or 3 big plays and by god we have the players to come up with big plays. we would NEVER score 21+ points running the ball.

this isn't a video game dude. you're basically gonna hope for a big punt return and throw it deep all game?

tell the qb to use his legs more? the same qb who missed multiple games for that same reason? the same qb who was nursing sore ribs in the 2nd half of the season? you want to voluntarily put him in greater danger?

telling the quarterback to not throw interceptions is a good one, though. i like that one. that is always good advice to any young quarterback out there. "don't throw interceptions!" :lol: ----he's having an OFF day! he's not making those passes! you can't just tell him to start making them. :?

if you want to limit turnovers in a game where your quarterback is erratic and being chased all over the field--you run the ball more to keep the defense honest which will open up some opportunities for play action and those big plays you're hoping for.

i do agree with you on the screen plays though. everything else kind of sounds like a drunk college kid's game plan in madden.
    www.myspace.com
    te]

you would hate watching my brother and i play madden. both of us always make it a point to establish a running game. all about ball control and controlling the clock to us :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com

90% of mccoy's big runs are draw plays and quick hitters based off the passing game. he doesn't gain his yards when we pound it into the line. have you seen this team try to gain a yard on 3rd and 4th and 1 in the last few years? apparantly not.
    te]

you would hate watching my brother and i play madden. both of us always make it a point to establish a running game. all about ball control and controlling the clock to us :mrgreen:

adults playing video games :roll: :roll: :roll: - do you wear jerseys when you play?
    te]

booooooooooooorrrrrrrrring

HaHa...I haven't played Madden religiously in years

Buddy of mine picked up 2012 I may check it out

pjhawks wrote:

adults playing video games :roll: :roll: :roll: - do you wear jerseys when you play?

I only wear my Jerseys on game days and my Fantasy Draft

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited August 2011
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

jim johnson, brian dawkins and the defense (oh and david akers, forgot him) cost them that game. eagles had the lead and they let the cardinals go down the field and waste almost 9 minutes to take the lead. and curtis was interfered with on the last play. it wasn't mcnabb's fault. blaming mcnabb because of one drive is like blaming one player for one strikeout in the last at-bat....oh wait :roll: :roll: :roll:

dude, mcnabb left about 40 points on the field in the first half of that game. he was terrible in most of the first half and at the end (as he always was).

Haley abused jim johnson, but mcnabb sucked as well. and akers...yeah, good riddance choker

EDIT: and I have never, not once ripped howard for striking out in game 6. My issue is that he strikes out all the time and sucks in general
    Post edited by The Fixer on
This discussion has been closed.