THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    www.myspace.com
    www.myspace.com
    patterson cleared to play...

page seems to be beating nate allen out at saftey...

les bown says ryan harris may not even make the team. king dunlap at rt? :o :x

aaaaand kirk morrison is actually still out there. says he will make a decision by end of week. depending on how thursday goes, maybe the birds should inquire.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

aaaaand kirk morrison is actually still out there. says he will make a decision by end of week. depending on how thursday goes, maybe the birds should inquire.

I think it's crazy how people are overreacting about casey matthews after one bad half. I'm not saying he's anything special, but he deserves a fair shot. No OTAs, still a rook, and the birds didn't even dress half of their d-line. New coordinator, system, and coaches on defense as well.

classic overreact if you ask me

also, I dont think any of these reporters know what the birds are going to do. They always seem to pull of some surprises when the rosters are announced (the first trotter release floored me). I don't waste my time worrying, they're in good hands. Just teach the QB how to make a pre-snap read and call audibles and everything will be fine
    The Fixer wrote:

I think it's crazy how people are overreacting about casey matthews after one bad half. I'm not saying he's anything special, but he deserves a fair shot. No OTAs, still a rook, and the birds didn't even dress half of their d-line. New coordinator, system, and coaches on defense as well.

classic overreact if you ask me

also, I dont think any of these reporters know what the birds are going to do. They always seem to pull of some surprises when the rosters are announced (the first trotter release floored me). I don't waste my time worrying, they're in good hands. Just teach the QB how to make a pre-snap read and call audibles and everything will be fine

no its not an overreaction to a bad half. it's a reaction to the fact that he's really, really small. he's a 4th round draft pick. he didn't have any ota's, like you said. add in the fact that he was just given the position without making him even compete with anyone and--boom, you've got this reaction.

qb will be fine. he's in good hands there. if andy and marty know anything, it's how to coach up a quarterback. lb's are a different story right now though. be interesting to see how it goes on thursday.
    www.myspace.com
    I just think matthews should be given more than one half of preseason football before everyone makes a determination of whehter or not the guy can play.

I think the defense will be fine. Lot of new pieces...they're just trying to figure out what works. They still have plenty of time. Maybe one of the kids they have at OLB will fit a role and they can move cheyney back to the middle. They know what they're doing...we haven't even seen these guys play yet
    The Fixer wrote:
    I just think matthews should be given more than one half of preseason football before everyone makes a determination of whehter or not the guy can play.

I think the defense will be fine. Lot of new pieces...they're just trying to figure out what works. They still have plenty of time. Maybe one of the kids they have at OLB will fit a role and they can move cheyney back to the middle. They know what they're doing...we haven't even seen these guys play yet

juan castillo knows what he's doing? that remains to be seen...

never said he couldn't play. i just don't like the fact that they just gave him the position and didn't make him compete for it. the competition would have been better for him. i think that would have been a much smarter way of handling things. guy's a 4th round pick, not a top 10 pick.

the defense better be fine with all the additions they've made. lb's will have to play a big role if they are modeling themselves after the packers though.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

never said he couldn't play. i just don't like the fact that they just gave him the position and didn't make him compete for it. the competition would have been better for him. i think that would have been a much smarter way of handling things. guy's a 4th round pick, not a top 10 pick.

the defense better be fine with all the additions they've made. lb's will have to play a big role if they are modeling themselves after the packers though.

I dont' think castillo is calling all the shots. I have no proof on this, but it's just what I think. Then again I can't believe he is the DC. I would guess it's a collaborative effort among reid, castillo, and washburn at this point.

they gave allen the FS spot last year right? same thing. I don't think jobs are decided on during the preseason. The depth chart is set, but nothing is set in stone until the real games start...and even then things change week to week. I don't mind what they're doing with matthews. Throw him in the fire and see what they have...sink or swim.

GB is a 3-4...not sure where that comp came from
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I dont' think castillo is calling all the shots. I have no proof on this, but it's just what I think. Then again I can't believe he is the DC. I would guess it's a collaborative effort among reid, castillo, and washburn at this point.

they gave allen the FS spot last year right? same thing. I don't think jobs are decided on during the preseason. The depth chart is set, but nothing is set in stone until the real games start...and even then things change week to week. I don't mind what they're doing with matthews. Throw him in the fire and see what they have...sink or swim.

nate allen was going to compete with marlin jackson but he got hurt before training camp started. allen was also a high 2nd round pick and the one we got for donovan (and had a full offseason of ota's)...so naturally more weight was thrown behind him last year than one would think would be thrown behind casey mathews.

packers played in the nickel over 60% of the time last year with 3 corner''s and 2 lb's on the field. birds are planning on doing something very similar with their situation this year. comparisons have been made since assomugua was signed. :?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

nate allen was going to compete with marlin jackson but he got hurt before training camp started. allen was also a high 2nd round pick and the one we got for donovan (and had a full offseason of ota's)...so naturally more weight was thrown behind him last year than one would think would be thrown behind casey mathews.

packers played in the nickel over 60% of the time last year with 3 corner''s and 2 lb's on the field. birds are planning on doing something very similar with their situation this year. comparisons have been made since assomugua was signed. :?

the eagles have shown over the years that it doesn't matter where you were picked. If you play well, you get on the field. If not you won't. see matt mccoy...quentin caver...etc

don't sweat the casey matthews stuff. it was one half of a preseason game. not a big deal
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

the eagles have shown over the years that it doesn't matter where you were picked. If you play well, you get on the field. If not you won't. see matt mccoy...quentin caver...etc

don't sweat the casey matthews stuff. it was one half of a preseason game. not a big deal

matt mccoy started 10 games in '06 before they realized he sucked. thanks for bringing up 2 of the many linebacking busts this team has drafted over the years though. my confidence in casey mathews is now through the roof :mrgreen:

and it's not one half of a preseason game, it's everything else i mentioned. but whatever, hoping to see some improvement on thursday.
    www.myspace.com
    BIRDS.

looking for a much better effort this evening...
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    BIRDS.

Me too. I don't want to feel bad for you guys when we spank you twice this season!

Wait a minute, I would never feel bad about that! :D
    BIRDS.

eh, doesn't matter. I'll watch most of game since phils aren't on. I'd love to see the starting QB call an audible or two. And I always look forward to the comic relief that is vince young throwing passes

Just saw reuben frank on comcast. dude looks like a homeless person...he is one weathered mf'er
    I think vick just audibled to that run. thatta boy :clap:
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:

How's the protection ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:

How's the protection ?

Not sure if that is a joke or not. If you're not watching the game, it's been awful. Vick is getting pounded (and he's not holding the ball too long like last year)
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

How's the protection ?

Not sure if that is a joke or not. If you're not watching the game, it's been awful. Vick is getting pounded (and he's not holding the ball too long like last year)

Not a joke :lol:

Im listening to the game not at home..Reese is killing the o-line

watkins, kelce, dunlap...not pretty

jamaar chayney is a beast

are they wearing the kelly green throwbacks again this year? they should keep those jerseys full time
    The Fixer wrote:

are they wearing the kelly green throwbacks again this year? they should keep those jerseys full time

Thats surprising Reid was always good at finding O-linemen

I haven't hear anything about the throwbacks...I was at the game last year against GB when they wore them..pretty cool

The Fixer wrote:

Thats surprising Reid was always good at finding O-linemen

I haven't hear anything about the throwbacks...I was at the game last year against GB when they wore them..pretty cool

still early. and howard mudd is implementing a new style. They should be fine...hopefully vick doesn't get killed before they figure things out

ah, that was opening week last year right?
    The Fixer wrote:
    still early. and howard mudd is implementing a new style. They should be fine...hopefully vick doesn't get killed before they figure things out

ah, that was opening week last year right?

Yeah..I cant remember the last time this team being such a work in progress

yes..home opener where Kolb got rocked and Vick almost brought them back

another audible!!!!!

love it...he looks like he has a clue
    Sounds like Brown looks good tonight

shady is a beast. brown will be a nice compliment.

henery can kick the shit out of the ball

ok, I'm starting to get excited for the regular season.
    The Fixer wrote:

Dont forget they're playing the Cleveland Steamers

:lol:

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,895
    The Fixer wrote:

this. in preseason at that. Cmon guys.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:

I know. Just saying that this team is loaded with talent. Looking forward to the games that count.

I'm ready for real football and playoff baseball. Hurry up and end summer
    The Fixer wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

I know. Just saying that this team is loaded with talent. Looking forward to the games that count.

I'm ready for real football and playoff baseball. Hurry up and end summer

Yeah this is the worst time of year for sports

No Hockey..Baseball is winding down....pre-season football

I hope the LLWS isn't this weekend

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    Baseball is winding down? Huh?
This discussion has been closed.