THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    hey, way to not even read what i wrote. you really should though. you'd possibly learn something.
    pjhawks wrote:
    comments:
    1) 1st off never said you should pass the ball regardless of personnel. with the personnel this eagles team has the pass is a better option 90% of the time.hts.

now go compare ryan howard to ted williams again.... :roll: :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    these threads are the reason i didn't say hi to any of the philly shirt wearing mofo's. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    these threads are the reason i didn't say hi to any of the philly shirt wearing mofo's. :lol:

you didn't meet up with any of these clowns last weekend?
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    hey, way to not even read what i wrote. you really should though. you'd possibly learn something.
    pjhawks wrote:
    comments:
    1) 1st off never said you should pass the ball regardless of personnel. with the personnel this eagles team has the pass is a better option 90% of the time.hts.

babe ruth actually and it's a fact not a comparison - go change your name on here or buy another jersey. oh wait you can't you probably have to sell more of your tickets like fraud fans do :D:D:D
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

no. :lol:

i saw a bunch of guys with Phillies shirts on, but was scared to approach them. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    comments:

babe ruth actually and it's a fact not a comparison - go change your name on here or buy another jersey. oh wait you can't you probably have to sell more of your tickets like fraud fans do :D:D:D

good one! :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

no. :lol:

i saw a bunch of guys with Phillies shirts on, but was scared to approach them. :lol:

as long as you don't want to throw the ball 90% of the time, we'd be cool with the football talk at a future tailgate. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    as long as you don't want to throw the ball 90% of the time, we'd be cool with the football talk at a future tailgate. :mrgreen:

so you're saying you only talk with people who agree with you and agree with archaic old fashion principles? what's wrong with a nice dissenting opinion and discussion? change is good :)
    pjhawks wrote:

so you're saying you only talk with people who agree with you and agree with archaic old fashion principles? what's wrong with a nice dissenting opinion and discussion? change is good :)

not at all. i would just prefer to talk sports with people whose opinion i can respect.

you can always tell when someone is talking about something they don't know a lot about it. the conversation's always a little awkward. ;)
    www.myspace.com
  • PJHawks i disagree with everything u wrote as well. If that's what u want from this team Jeags is right u might as well start ur own madden 2012 season. I'm not tryn to be a dick as we get along fine in these threads but ur way off here. That Howard comment is correct though!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    BIRDS!!!!
    www.myspace.com
  • BIRDS!!!!
    Bout time baby!!!!!!!!!!11
    Go Birds!!!!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    That Birdy just scored on DEFENSE!....let's go Ravens.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Bodybag game.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Bodybag game.

great to get a win. i was concerned about this one. pretty ugly early on but they put it together.

vick took 9 hits. he made some spectacular plays on the fly though---that td to desean was a thing of beauty.

lesean mccoy is a beast. looked like he was shot out of a cannon on that td run. :mrgreen:

looked like the lbs got pushed around a lot.

under the radar but a bit concerning: birds top 3 draft picks all did not even suit up today....
    www.myspace.com
    67% pass plays when you factor in vick scrambles which i do.

vick 14-32 and 10 scrambles for rushes (these are pass plays and should be counted as so) and 21 total rushes for mccoy, lewis, and brown.

so question for you guys - is that not enough runs?
    pjhawks wrote:

vick 14-32 and 10 scrambles for rushes (these are pass plays and should be counted as so) and 21 total rushes for mccoy, lewis, and brown.

according to you it's not nearly enough passes. you like, what, 85%- 90% right? you're probably so disapointed this morning. by the way, jsut 80% (which is conservative to you) would have been 53 passes. just sayin'...

here is reality: decent balance today except for the 2nd quarter:

1st quarter- 63% pass plays, 7 points
    2nd quarter- 85% pass plays, only 3 points
    3rd quarter- 65% pass plays, 7 points
    4th quarter- 46% pass plays, 7 points.

average rushing yards: 7.6
    average passing yards: 5.2

and mccoy's huge 47 yard td run came after 3 consecutive runs of 11, 17 and 8 yards. o line was getting in a groove there. loved it. want to see more of that. mccoy is a beast.

hopefully this line starts to gel in the coming weeks and vick doesn't have to run for his life so much. that is not a recipe of success a few months from now.

GO BIRDS!
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

according to you it's not nearly enough passes. you like, what, 85%- 90% right? you're probably so disapointed this morning. by the way, jsut 80% (which is conservative to you) would have been 53 passes. just sayin'...

and mccoy's huge 47 yard td run came after 3 consecutive runs of 11, 17 and 8 yards. o line was getting in a groove there. loved it. want to see more of that. mccoy is a beast.

hopefully this line starts to gel in the coming weeks and vick doesn't have to run for his life so much. that is not a recipe of success a few months from now.

GO BIRDS!

just like that guy in the phils thread you can't or won't accurately attribute my comments. i said 80%.

actually i was fine with the run-pass ratio yesterday. pass to score, run to kill the clock. no reason to pass much in the 2nd half after the lead got into double digits. that team wasn't making a comeback.

as for vick running for his life making him a pocket passer is a waste of what talents he has. vick is best
    in the open field. can't have a mobile QB and plant him in the backfield. should we not ask Jackson to go over the middle because he might get hurt?
    pjhawks wrote:

GO BIRDS!

just like that guy in the phils thread you can't or won't accurately attribute my comments. i said 80%.

actually i was fine with the run-pass ratio yesterday. pass to score, run to kill the clock. no reason to pass much in the 2nd half after the lead got into double digits. that team wasn't making a comeback.

as for vick running for his life making him a pocket passer is a waste of what talents he has. vick is best
    in the open field. can't have a mobile QB and plant him in the backfield. should we not ask Jackson to go over the middle because he might get hurt?

i was accurate with your words. i can go back to friday and quote you if you want but you said 80% passing is conservative for your liking. that would have been 53 passes yesterday.

and like i said above the only time when the pass run ratio was out of whack was in the 2nd quarter when they threw it 85% of the time (about right for you) and only scored 3 points (vick also fumbled when under pressure). 63% in the first was okay with me (right in line with what i told you the average in this leage is). and they were only up 7 going into the 3rd (offense at that point had scored just 10 pts).

as for mike vick--like i said last week, it's like you want the mike vick of 2003 instead of hoping he morphs into a steve young-ish type of qb and only runs when he needs to. if he is forced to run as much as he did yesterday all season, he will not make it through all 16 games....like what has happened to him every single year of his career. this isn't a video game dude. the desean jackson comparison is yet another ridiculous comment from you that doesn't apply.

are you going to bring this up every week now? anyone who thinks passing the ball 80% of the time is conservative will never win this argument. so just stop and enjoy the win. ;)
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

GO BIRDS!

i was accurate with your words. i can go back to friday and quote you if you want but you said 80% passing is conservative for your liking. that would have been 53 passes yesterday.

and like i said above the only time when the pass run ratio was out of whack was in the 2nd quarter when they threw it 85% of the time (about right for you) and only scored 3 points (vick also fumbled when under pressure). 63% in the first was okay with me (right in line with what i told you the average in this leage is). and they were only up 7 going into the 3rd (offense at that point had scored just 10 pts).

as for mike vick--like i said last week, it's like you want the mike vick of 2003 instead of hoping he morphs into a steve young-ish type of qb and only runs when he needs to. if he is forced to run as much as he did yesterday all season, he will not make it through all 16 games....like what has happened to him every single year of his career. this isn't a video game dude. the desean jackson comparison is yet another ridiculous comment from you that doesn't apply.

are you going to bring this up every week now? anyone who thinks passing the ball 80% of the time is conservative will never win this argument. so just stop and enjoy the win. ;)

where was i arguing? i AGREED that yesterday's ratio for THAT GAME was fine by me. and i asked your feelings about it thats all.

i do think keeping vick in the pocket to 'protect him' is even more assinine than passing 80% of the time but hey that's just me. im funny in that i think you should use actually use players talents as they are and not necessarily change them for 'protection' or for some unwritten code of what a player at a certain position should be. keeping vick in the pocket makes no sense. if you want him to pass like Steve Young this team will not be as good as it can be offensively because he's not a Steve Young type passer. you even acknowledged that much last week. so on one hand you say he's not brees or brady but you want to keep him in the pocket like those 2? makes sense :roll:
  • I think all but one of us will appreciate this and enjoy it while it lasts:

Philadelphia Eagles: #1 in Rushing Offense. :o:lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

where was i arguing? i AGREED that yesterday's ratio for THAT GAME was fine by me. and i asked your feelings about it thats all.

i do think keeping vick in the pocket to 'protect him' is even more assinine than passing 80% of the time but hey that's just me. im funny in that i think you should use actually use players talents as they are and not necessarily change them for 'protection' or for some unwritten code of what a player at a certain position should be. keeping vick in the pocket makes no sense.

was steve young a pocket passer? no. when did i say i want mike vick to be a pocket passer? steve young was a mobile quarterback who, as he got older, ran when he needed to. vick is 31 now, not 24. he needs to follow that same sort of path for the eagles to be succesful in january. if he doesn't he's not going to make it that far.

the line seemed to get better as the game went on so that is encouraging.
    www.myspace.com
    I think all but one of us will appreciate this and enjoy it while it lasts:

that counts Vick's 98 yards rushing. not really a relevant stat. scrambling rush yards should not count as regular rush yards. it's archaic that they still do.
    pjhawks wrote:

that counts Vick's 98 yards rushing. not really a relevant stat. scrambling rush yards should not count as regular rush yards. it's archaic that they still do.

shady mccoy leads the league with 122 yards and 8 yards per carry...
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

we better save him for January then :lol::lol::lol:
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

we better save him for January then :lol::lol::lol:

:?
    www.myspace.com
    :?

should have given me one of these :|

and i may be crazy but at least i'm not a fraud fan
  • shady mccoy leads the league with 122 yards and 8 yards per carry...

He should only get the ball about 7 times a game Jeags. Don't ya know? :lol:

no he is allowed to catch passes too. unless we worried about getting him hurt.

yeah really...wtf? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.