THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,363
    Do we play Cleveland every week?

The Browns are getting Thome I hear.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    is it me or does it sound like this game is being broadcast from an airplane. what is that noise?? it's driving me crazy
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    i like the chatter for a preseason game gentlemen...

bit sloppy early on. overall better performance against a below average team that was throwing nothing but vanilla nonsense at them.

right side of the line scares the bejesus out of me right now though.

loved jamar chaney down the stretch last year....he's got beast potential.
    www.myspace.com
    this may be the greatest commercial i have ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PbdluLxuUY
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

Where is #5 ?

Just noticed something..have the Iggles had the most Black QB's in NFL history ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

Where is #5 ?

Just noticed something..have the Iggles had the most Black QB's in NFL history ?

...too soon for 5 i would think. my family was convinced that was me at :26....i even had to do a couple double takes. i think that dude is my twin :lol:

donovan...vick...young...pete....randall...and who can forget that don mcpherson?! ...am i forgetting someone?
    www.myspace.com

Where is #5 ?

...too soon for 5 i would think. my family was convinced that was me at :26....i even had to do a couple double takes. i think that dude is my twin :lol:

donovan...vick...young...pete....randall...and who can forget that don mcpherson?! ...am i forgetting someone?

Too soon I guess is similar to what I was thinking is he's still playing

Jeff Blake ?

;)

edited August 2011

Where is #5 ?

Too soon I guess is similar to what I was thinking is he's still playing

Jeff Blake ?

;)

jeff blake...yuck. forgot about him.

loved the footage of duce after the pickle juice game. ah, labor day weekend, 2000.....good times :thumbup: pj at the e center....the shore...and that epic game. think i was wrecked for about 6 straight days that week :D ....oh and i think there was also a big penn st/miami game that i was hammered for too :thumbup:
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com

I don't want to get too carried away, but I thought I saw carlos emmons out there when I saw 51 running around :thumbup:. He was everywhere tonight
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't want to get too carried away, but I thought I saw carlos emmons out there when I saw 51 running around :thumbup:. He was everywhere tonight

....how bout that one play where he broke up that td pass to their tight end?

an eagles lb who can handle a tight end :o no! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

....how bout that one play where he broke up that td pass to their tight end?

an eagles lb who can handle a tight end :o no! :mrgreen:

yeah, that was awesome. he made a few nice plays in coverage...and some tackles 15-20 yards downfield.

I could be 100% wrong here, but it looked like he dropped a few pounds. Then again I watched half the game without HD because comcast's HD channels went down. Fuckers.

One side note is that it looks like my boy Johnnie Lee Higgins is headed for the chopping block. Moss was back there for every punt until the 4th I believe. Then JLH dropped a pass in the 2nd half. Not looking good. I think JLH is much better than that smurf Moss
    Jeags, your boy matthews had a much better game as well. Verdict is still out, but he looked much more assertive with his routes to the ball tonight (rather than standing still waiting to get trucked by an o-lineman).

Only preseason so it's tough to tell. I was glad to see him bounce back though
    #27 is a mite out there

Ryan Moats part deux

The Fixer wrote:
    Jeags, your boy matthews had a much better game as well. Verdict is still out, but he looked much more assertive with his routes to the ball tonight (rather than standing still waiting to get trucked by an o-lineman).

yes he was better tonight.

and for the record, i'm not one of those who overreacted to last week's game. i just don't like the idea of handing a 4th round pick a starting spot without letting him compete for it......also think he's way too small and will get pushed around. but we'll see. the beefed up line and corners will lesson the inexperience issue at lb a bit.
    www.myspace.com
    #27 is a mite out there

Ryan Moats part deux

no no no no....ryan moats isn't half the player dion lewis has the potential to be.

i like this guy. he's quick...good hands out of the backfield too. and with brown, the rb's are real solid this year.
    www.myspace.com
    #27 is a mite out there

Ryan Moats part deux

no no no no....ryan moats isn't half the player dion lewis has the potential to be.

i like this guy. he's quick...good hands out of the backfield too. and with brown, the rb's are real solid this year.

I hope so

That one shot I saw he looked like the little kid trying to listen to the bigger kids talking in the huddle

:lol:

The Fixer wrote:

yes he was better tonight.

and for the record, i'm not one of those who overreacted to last week's game. i just don't like the idea of handing a 4th round pick a starting spot without letting him compete for it......also think he's way too small and will get pushed around. but we'll see. the beefed up line and corners will lesson the inexperience issue at lb a bit.

I know you weren't. I was just busting your stones.

I wasn't excited for the regular season until tonight. I'm ready, let's do this
    looks like they are inching closer to extending vick.

wouldn't be surprised if desean not far behind...
    www.myspace.com
    had a feeling that evan mathis signing was one of those under the radar moves that could have a big impact:

peters, mathis, kelce, watkins, herremans (at least until winston justice is back)

well it certainly beats having king dunlap protect vick's blind side.

the obvious concern is that herremans hasn't played tackle in years and him and peters really started to develop good chemistry on the left side last year. tough to break that up. you're also going into the season with 4 new pieces and 2 rookies on the line.....1st two games are away in loud domes too.

this could work. probably will take some time. definitely gonna be interesting...
    www.myspace.com
    had a feeling that evan mathis signing was one of those under the radar moves that could have a big impact:

peters, mathis, kelce, watkins, herremans (at least until winston justice is back)

well it certainly beats having king dunlap protect vick's blind side.

the obvious concern is that herremans hasn't played tackle in years and him and peters really started to develop good chemistry on the left side last year. tough to break that up. you're also going into the season with 4 new pieces and 2 rookies on the line.....1st two games are away in loud domes too.

this could work. probably will take some time. definitely gonna be interesting...

definitely the biggest concern going into the year. I think they will both be good, but kelce and watkins next to each other could be a disaster early on.
    kelce officially named starter.

hope they know what they're doing...
    www.myspace.com
    Breaking: Michael Vick and the Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to a six-year, $100 million contract.

The guaranteed money on Michael Vick's brand-spanking-new, 6-year, $100 million contract is about $40 million.

Breaking: Michael Vick and the Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to a six-year, $100 million contract.

I hope he proves me wrong. Really want to like the guy
    The guaranteed money on Michael Vick's brand-spanking-new, 6-year, $100 million contract is about $40 million.

wow. that is a HUGE contract......this line better protect him
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Wow

Did rodger handle the contrat?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DJAX just drove off the road

nah man...he's happy as hell. they'll probably structure this so vick makes less than he was gonna make under the franchise tag this year. so they'll use that money and put it towards desean's deal. i think they will also trade joselio hansen soon and that will free up an extra couple million or so.

the vick thing was always going to happen before desean's extension. i'd expect that to happen before 9/11.
    www.myspace.com

everything I have read said that the vick deal would come first and jackson would be soon after.

I also read that aikman makes more doing the games on fox than jackson makes playing :shock:
This discussion has been closed.