THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

i just appreciate the irony here.

you love andy reid so much and always talk about how great he is and how underappreciated he is…yet he, according to you, repeatedly goes with quarterbacks who are preventing the eagles from winning a super bowl.

so, therefore, you must enjoy not winning super bowls :lol: ….obviously i’m kidding. that dynamic is just funny to me

I thought mcnabb would win one up utnil the arizona game. once the eagles got the ball, 2 mins left, down 7...I knew the game was over. reid probably kept him one year too long, but he saw the light as well. vick is the first qb that reid has gone with that I have disagreed with.

reid is the best thing to ever happen to this franchise. by far

Reid is no doubt just cant believe how thread bare he has left the O-Line

Vick can get out of the way most time but he's gonna take a pounding

The line hasn't started together as a unit and that's scary with 2 rookies on the line

we'll see how it goes. new line coach as well. they might start slow but they will come on.

I woldn't call the line bare. they have 2 RTs hurt. that's the main problem here. hopefully the two rookies become good players. they addressed the line problems they had last year. we'll see how it works
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited August 2011
    pjhawks wrote:

adults playing video games :roll: :roll: :roll: - do you wear jerseys when you play?

I only wear my Jerseys on game days and my Fantasy Draft

:D

...i should add i haven't played madded since i was laid off and unemployed for a bit in 2008. sadly, it was then when i realized the game had passed me by. :x
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

pretty sure he'd give you a better option than what pjhawks said. his response is reminiscent of being back in college and playing that game drunk as hell at 3 in the morning. ALL PASSES, ALL THE TIME. YEAH! :mrgreen:

90% of mccoy's big runs are draw plays and quick hitters based off the passing game. he doesn't gain his yards when we pound it into the line. have you seen this team try to gain a yard on 3rd and 4th and 1 in the last few years? apparantly not.

90% huh? wow. that is a lot.

i'm guessing you were an "all streaks" kind of guy back in the day right? :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    pjhawks wrote:

pretty sure he'd give you a better option than what pjhawks said. his response is reminiscent of being back in college and playing that game drunk as hell at 3 in the morning. ALL PASSES, ALL THE TIME. YEAH! :mrgreen:

90% of mccoy's big runs are draw plays and quick hitters based off the passing game. he doesn't gain his yards when we pound it into the line. have you seen this team try to gain a yard on 3rd and 4th and 1 in the last few years? apparantly not.

i'm guessing you were an "all streaks" kind of guy back in the day right? :mrgreen:

jaegs who is the last primary running team to win the super bowl? and who is the last hall of fame level running back to win a super bowl?

i'm sure you are going to say pittsburgh but their last 2 super bowl MVPs have been wide receivers.

only the Ravens and they had the greatest defense of all time and that was 10 years ago.

the last super bowl mvp to be a running back was in 1998 with Terrell Davis.

and the last Hall of Fame level running back to win a Super Bowl on a rushing team was Emmitt Smith.

there is a reason why the best quarterbacks win and it ain't because they hand the ball off into the line. if you have a very good to great quarterback and great receivers running the ball on a consistent basis is just wasted plays. stop living in the 80s and 90s.
    marshall faulk
    The Fixer wrote:
    marshall faulk

saw that and edited my comment above. marshall faulk was on a passing team. fastest team on turf wasn't because of 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

75% to 25% or 80% to 20% works for me passes to runs if you have a team with a very good qb and great receivers, like the eagles do.
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

jaegs who is the last primary running team to win the super bowl? and who is the last hall of fame level running back to win a super bowl?

i'm sure you are going to say pittsburgh but their last 2 super bowl MVPs have been wide receivers.

only the Ravens and they had the greatest defense of all time and that was 10 years ago.

the last super bowl mvp to be a running back was in 1998 with Terrell Davis.

and the last Hall of Fame level running back to win a Super Bowl on a rushing team was Emmitt Smith.

there is a reason why the best quarterbacks win and it ain't because they hand the ball off into the line. if you have a very good to great quarterback and great receivers running the ball on a consistent basis is just wasted plays. stop living in the 80s and 90s.

if you think i'm suggesting that the eagles start running it 60% of the time, you're an idiot and have completely missed the point. i'm sorry to be so blunt. but good god...

re-read your last paragraph because that is essentially what we're talking about here. the point of this discussion was what to do when you DO NOT have a quarterback playing at a "great" level. i remember you and others pointing out that vick was clearly not playing well down the stretch last year. when that happens, it's up to the coaching staff to "put him in a better position to make plays." see what i did there? ;) ...actually, no. you probably didn't. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    marshall faulk

saw that and edited my comment above. marshall faulk was on a passing team. fastest team on turf wasn't because of 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

75% to 25% or 80% to 20% works for me passes to runs if you have a team with a very good qb and great receivers, like the eagles do.

wait....you want to pass the ball 80% of the time? what? :crazy: that's andy reid's offense on steroids and hgh and any other performance enhancing drug you can imagine. what are you talking about?

you're not qualified to post in this thread. please stop.
    www.myspace.com
    edited August 2011
    if you think i'm suggesting that the eagles start running it 60% of the time, you're an idiot and have completely missed the point. i'm sorry to be so blunt. but good god...

re-read your last paragraph because that is essentially what we're talking about here. the point of this discussion was what to do when you DO NOT have a quarterback playing at a "great" level. i remember you and others pointing out that vick was clearly not playing well down the stretch last year. when that happens, it's up to the coaching staff to "put him in a better position to make plays." see what i did there? ;) ...actually, no. you probably didn't. :lol:

and how is handing the ball off giving mick vick a chance to make plays? he makes plays with his feet and occassionally his arm. best chance to win when you're team is struggling is for your best players to make plays. our best players are Vick, Jackson, Maclin and McCoy - how do they make plays? in the passing game and return game. SEE THE GIANTS GAME FOR A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF SAID SCENERIO!!!

next....
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    marshall faulk

those rams offenses were insane. they could beat you so many different ways. still cant believe NE beat them

you are right though...it's a QB league these days. pretty crazy that faulk is only one from last decade. edge would prob be next, but I don't think he is HOF caliber.

tiki retired the year before the giants beat the pats right? don't think he was on that team
    wait....you want to pass the ball 80% of the time? what? :crazy: that's andy reid's offense on steroids and hgh and any other performance enhancing drug you can imagine. what are you talking about?

I count Vick scrambles on passing plays as calling pass plays even though they go down as rushes - so absolutely 80% i want to call pass plays and honestly that's me being conservative
    pjhawks wrote:

I count Vick scrambles on passing plays as calling pass plays even though they go down as rushes - so absolutely 80% i want to call pass plays and honestly that's me being conservative

drunk madden.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

and how is handing the ball off giving mick vick a chance to make plays? he makes plays with his feet and occassionally his arm. best chance to win when you're team is struggling is for your best players to make plays. our best players are Vick, Jackson, Maclin and McCoy - how do they make plays? in the passing game and return game. SEE THE GIANTS GAME FOR A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF SAID SCENERIO!!!

next....

your citing the most improbable comeback in the history of this 78 year old franchise and quite possibly one of the biggest comebacks the league has ever seen to support your point. you are aware of this right?

i feel like i'm talking to my wife's sister. am i being punked?
    www.myspace.com
    here you go pjhawks. study up:

http://football101women.com/footbal-101-basics/

:mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

drunk madden.

ok Jaegs i'm going to simplify it for you by giving you the percentages in each scenario i'd pass-to-run. this is just off the top of my head so it might lead to less than an 80-20 split above but id luv to hear your thoughts on the same.

1st and 10 - pass 65-70% run 35-30% of the time
    2nd and 10 - pass 100% of the time ( i fucking hate running the ball on 2nd and 10, at best it still leads to 3rd and long)
    2nd and 7 to 2nd and 9 - pass 80% of the time, run 20% of the time
    2nd and 4 to 2nd and 6 - pass 55% of the time and run 45% of the time
    2nd and 1 to 2nd and 3 - pass 30% and run 70% - this is the one scenario where i see running the ball at a higher percentage is more effective and makes more sense
    3rd and 4 to 3rd and 10 - pass 95% of the time, run 5%
    3rd and 3 - pass 90% of the time run 10%
    3rd and 2 - pass 75% of the time run 25%
    3rd and 1 - pass 50% of the time run 50% - a good running team with a big back this % would be much higher but this is a scenario the Eagles just can't ever seem to run the ball effectively which is one complaint about reid and his offense i have. need a big back to do this job.
    4th down pretty much same as 3rd down.

and i hate running the ball between the 5 and 20. you are not running for touchdowns or even 1st downs that close to the end zone.
    you got too much time on your hands. so i suggest perusing that website i posted if only for a few minutes.

anyone who would like to consistently pass the ball more than 80% of the time clearly needs to study the game before they can be taken seriously. sorry.
    www.myspace.com
    you got too much time on your hands. so i suggest perusing that website i posted if only for a few minutes.

anyone who would like to consistently pass the ball more than 80% of the time clearly needs to study the game before they can be taken seriously. sorry.

yes very slow at work so plenty of time to waste on here. sorry if that was too much writing for you to read at one sitting and/or comprehend. i guess boiling something down by down and distance is too much - down and distance must not be important i guess :|
    pjhawks wrote:

yes very slow at work so plenty of time to waste on here. sorry if that was too much writing for you to read at one sitting and/or comprehend. i guess boiling something down by down and distance is too much - down and distance must not be important i guess :|

score of the game, amount of time left to play, weather, timeouts left among many other things are some minor factors that play into the equation. you can't really just say i'm okay with passing it "so and so" amount of time on "so and so" down. it's not that simple.

it was an "okay" effort though. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    Interesting stuff here regarding the vick deal. the youtube clip at the end tells the true story

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... vick-deal/
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:
    Interesting stuff here regarding the vick deal. the youtube clip at the end tells the true story

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... vick-deal/

Not surprised by the agents putting these things out there

"Does Vick know about the 6th year?"

Im pretty sure he fuckin does

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    looks like #12 will remain off the field. :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWpOjsYO5I0
    www.myspace.com

:thumbdown: . He was a loser
    The Fixer wrote:

unfortunately everyone who's played and/or coached this team since 1960 fits your loser description.

:lol: :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
  • Jeags, Check out this lineup!

Fantasy Team: Romo, Arian Foster, Chris Johnson, Frank Gore, Dez Bryant, Dwayne Bowe, Brandon Lloyd, Jermichael Finley, Joseph Addai, Reggie Bush, A.J Green....

I like my chances this year :D
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Jeags, Check out this lineup!

Fantasy Team: Romo, Arian Foster, Chris Johnson, Frank Gore, Dez Bryant, Dwayne Bowe, Brandon Lloyd, Jermichael Finley, Joseph Addai, Reggie Bush, A.J Green....

sadly i have the same quarterback on my team this year. that's just how the chips fell last night. :x
    also have chris johnson.

your team is stacked. is this like a 6 team league or are you just playing with a bunch of dopes?
    www.myspace.com
  • crazypjfan wrote:

sadly i have the same quarterback on my team this year. that's just how the chips fell last night. :x
    also have chris johnson.

your team is stacked. is this like a 6 team league or are you just playing with a bunch of dopes?

10 teams with a few that reach a bit. $200 a team though so they should know what they are doing or I'm gonna be $1,500 richer :lol::lol:

If the draft were tonight, I wouldn't have gotten both Foster and CJ..
    crazypjfan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

also have chris johnson.

10 teams with a few that reach a bit. $200 a team though so they should know what they are doing or I'm gonna be $1,500 richer :lol::lol:

If the draft were tonight, I wouldn't have gotten both Foster and CJ..

nice. yeah our's is a 10 man team league too. $180 a head. should be a fun year.
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:

If you didn't enjoy watching Randall, I don't know. I mean do you really like sports at all?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    only saw little bit of last night's game.

nice to vince young play well. hopefully the hammy isn't anything serious.

dion lewis is gonna be solid in a back up role.

and i love the fact that danny watkins requested to play last night.

just over a week away now...got a bad feeling about first couple games. just can't wait for them to get here though :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    While waiting for my truck to get new tires yesterday i read most of the ESPN article on Michael Vick and what he went through in prison and the crimes he committed. Never thought i would say this but IF and that's a big IF the Patriots and the Ravens are no longer in the hunt for a Super Bowl....I would root for the EAGLES led by Michael Vick.

I always said that the crimes and things he did to those animals would BETTER police and bring MORE attention to the many times terrible treatment of animals in the US.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

This discussion has been closed.