THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I'll assume there are sarcasm brackets are they look good.

I know its preseason and only game two, but pitt is moving the ball up and down the field at will.

Less than impressive thus far.

Agree on the kickofs. Worst part is all the commercials we will gcket before and after the meaningless k
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    I'll assume there are sarcasm brackets are they look good.

I know its preseason and only game two, but pitt is moving the ball up and down the field at will.

Less than impressive thus far.

Agree on the kickofs. Worst part is all the commercials we will gcket before and after the meaningless k

yeah, forgot the eye roll icon :roll:

roethlisberger is awesome. terry bradshaw is the opposite of awesome
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    so many new guys. I have no idea who's wearing what number
    Got a good look at the d there to see who is who

yeah, they looked good

this kickoff rule is the so stupid

They said 60% of kick-offs will still be returned with the new rule
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    this kickoff rule is the so stupid

They said 60% of kick-offs will still be returned with the new rule[/quote]

I'm not buying it. I think it will be under 50%. closer to 20-30 that get returned
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:
    I'm not buying it. I think it will be under 50%. closer to 20-30 that get returned

Me neither ...dome teams will never get a return

The wind will help in outdoor stadiums in some cases
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:

Me neither ...dome teams will never get a return

The wind will help in outdoor stadiums in some cases

yeah, good points.

OK, this game is boring. Need the phils back on
    Eagles looked bad on both sides of the ball.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Eagles looked bad on both sides of the ball.....

yep. good thing this one doesn't count.

lot of new guys on this team. they have a lot of work to do.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    y
    u
    c
    k

nobody looks good.
    www.myspace.com
    y
    u
    c
    k

nobody looks good.

the offensive line has tackled well tonight
    The Fixer wrote:
    y
    u
    c
    k

nobody looks good.

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    y
    u
    c
    k

nobody looks good.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    The cowboys are gonna eat up that D run by your O line coach. That's all I gotta say...
    was Rodger involved in teh Kolb trade or the free agent signings?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,363
    crazypjfan wrote:
    The cowboys are gonna eat up that D run by your O line coach. That's all I gotta say...

Hey you - you can't come in here saying stuff like that... oh wait you're right. Fuck.

I was at the Phils game dawdling in a concourse for 2 hours and didn't see any of this. I did hear some Steelers fan gloating about an INT in the bathroom and I happily reminded him that, you know, the game doesn't count.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    81 wrote:
    was Rodger involved in teh Kolb trade or the free agent signings?

he advised vick to throw 3 picks last night
    crazypjfan wrote:

Hey you - you can't come in here saying stuff like that... oh wait you're right. Fuck.

I was at the Phils game dawdling in a concourse for 2 hours and didn't see any of this. I did hear some Steelers fan gloating about an INT in the bathroom and I happily reminded him that, you know, the game doesn't count.

I was thinking about this last night. During rain delays I always just go to mcfaddens. what do people with kids do?
    The Fixer wrote:
    I was thinking about this last night. During rain delays I always just go to mcfaddens. what do people with kids do?

Go home because your sister-in-law who's babysitting is really bored in a dark house with no power and is complaining that she needs a lot of sleep because she has a big day of work tomorrow. :roll:

People i saw who actually brought their kids to the game were just sitting on the ground against a brick wall, or getting their 18th ice cream cone. I guess you can wait in line for the slide or fastpitch machine or whatever. Although I think those things are exposed to the elements, actually.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

Go home because your sister-in-law who's babysitting is really bored in a dark house with no power and is complaining that she needs a lot of sleep because she has a big day of work tomorrow. :roll:

People i saw who actually brought their kids to the game were just sitting on the ground against a brick wall, or getting their 18th ice cream cone. I guess you can wait in line for the slide or fastpitch machine or whatever. Although I think those things are exposed to the elements, actually.

I saw a few kids still at the game when play resumed, that's what got me thinking about it. I was thinking, that there is no way I'd have the patience to hang around with them and wait for play to start back up. IN that park there really isnt much room to stand around during a rain delay...most of the stadium is exposed.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I saw a few kids still at the game when play resumed, that's what got me thinking about it. I was thinking, that there is no way I'd have the patience to hang around with them and wait for play to start back up. IN that park there really isnt much room to stand around during a rain delay...most of the stadium is exposed.

Yeah, they looked bored. Family just doesn't want to waste 4-6 $32 tickets. Rain delays suck. :twisted:

crazypjfan wrote:

doesn't help that we have a 120 pound chick as our middle linebacker. :? :lol:

it is amazing how this team has undervalued this position for well over a decade now....even in a year when they loaded up as much as they have. i've never understood that philosophy. they want this defense to be similiar to the packers defense last year, going nickle so often...only problem is we have the wrong brother at middle lb.

like i said in the nfl thread before, i think this team should eventually be pretty damn good. but with so many new guys and a new staff on d (lead by a god damn o-line coach) it's gonna take time to come together.

3rd preseason game is always the most important one. i'm sure they will come out looking sharper next week.
    www.myspace.com
    these preseason games mean nothing. absolutely nothing. only thing that matters is that players don't get hurt.

eagles didn't dress half of their defensive line last night. they will be fine.
    the results count for shit.

but like you said last night ,fixer, being outplayed as poorly as they were means they have a lot of work to do....

that was not pretty. let's hope they look more crisp next week. and they should.
    www.myspace.com

but like you said last night ,fixer, being outplayed as poorly as they were means they have a lot of work to do....

that was not pretty. let's hope they look more crisp next week. and they should.

yeah, lots of new guys and new coaches. I wouldn't read into how they look in these games. reid will have them ready for STL.

my biggest concern remains under center
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, lots of new guys and new coaches. I wouldn't read into how they look in these games. reid will have them ready for STL.

that is not even near the top of my list for concerns with this team...unless you base it on how he looked last night :lol:

casey mathews was just awful last night though. the lb's are a definite concern.

all about execution in preseason. and there was none of it last night. they'll look better next week.
    www.myspace.com
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    The Fixer wrote:

Young will start before the end of the season. Either due to injury or ineptness(?)
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Young will start before the end of the season. Either due to injury or ineptness(?)

well if it's due to the latter, that may mark the end of the reid regime...
    www.myspace.com
    Horos wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

young is horrendous. I don't know how the guy has had any success in the NFL. He blows
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Well, if Juan says so...

Eagles’ Castillo says LBs “will be ready to win the Super Bowl”

With rookie Casey Matthews, second-year player Jamar Chaney and third-year player Moise Fokou starting at linebacker, the Eagles are inexperienced at the position. But Eagles defensive coordinator Juan Castillo isn’t ready.

In fact, Castillo believes that by the time the Super Bowl rolls around, no one will be saying the Eagles’ linebackers are inexperienced.

“The linebackers will be ready to win the Super Bowl,” Castillo said, via Andy Schwartz of CSNPhilly.com. “Remember, it takes 16 weeks, and then really whoever is playing their best during the playoffs. So when you look at it, there’s time to develop. You can say that there’s not, but the key is, who’s playing or fundamentally who’s the best come Week 8, 9, 10 – and during that crunch time. And over the years we’ve been pretty good during that time, and we’ll continue to do that. The young kids will get better just because they’re working the proper fundamentals.”

So Castillo doesn’t necessarily think the linebackers are ready to win the Super Bowl now. He just thinks they will be five months from now.

“It takes time to develop kids,” Castillo said. “It’s a process, and it’s our job to develop the kids and make them better.”

Of course, if it takes too much time to develop, the Eagles won’t be in the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl. But the Eagles seem to think the rest of their team is good enough that getting to the Super Bowl shouldn’t be a problem.
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Well, if Juan says so...

Eagles’ Castillo says LBs “will be ready to win the Super Bowl”

With rookie Casey Matthews, second-year player Jamar Chaney and third-year player Moise Fokou starting at linebacker, the Eagles are inexperienced at the position. But Eagles defensive coordinator Juan Castillo isn’t ready.

In fact, Castillo believes that by the time the Super Bowl rolls around, no one will be saying the Eagles’ linebackers are inexperienced.

“The linebackers will be ready to win the Super Bowl,” Castillo said, via Andy Schwartz of CSNPhilly.com. “Remember, it takes 16 weeks, and then really whoever is playing their best during the playoffs. So when you look at it, there’s time to develop. You can say that there’s not, but the key is, who’s playing or fundamentally who’s the best come Week 8, 9, 10 – and during that crunch time. And over the years we’ve been pretty good during that time, and we’ll continue to do that. The young kids will get better just because they’re working the proper fundamentals.”

So Castillo doesn’t necessarily think the linebackers are ready to win the Super Bowl now. He just thinks they will be five months from now.

“It takes time to develop kids,” Castillo said. “It’s a process, and it’s our job to develop the kids and make them better.”

Of course, if it takes too much time to develop, the Eagles won’t be in the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl. But the Eagles seem to think the rest of their team is good enough that getting to the Super Bowl shouldn’t be a problem.

JUAN!!
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.