THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Sorry we play over Skype, 14 week reg. season, and then a month for the playoffs.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    RW81233 wrote:
    it's a drinking game we played in college 10 years ago that involves dice, beer, wit, and guile. It's the only drinking game I know that you win without people necessarily puking by drinking. Basically 5 dice farkel where you drink every time your score crosses a 1000 pt barrier (usually a 1/3 beer but the beer bitch can make it horrible), First to 10000 wins. It's a really cool way to hang out with a college buddy for 45 mins to an hour every week. We have a website, stats, power rankings, all sorts of bullshit just to keep us together. Better than a fraternity I say.

we just played asshole and crazy eights every night :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    what if you had someone who recorded every stupid shit thing that happened during asshole and/or crazy 8s? the other power figure besides beer bitch is the book who is the scorekeeper, timekeeper, and records everything that happens scorewise plus notationally during the game. they also give a name to the game that way, years later, there are literally games that people just say the name of and everyone nods and laughs like they're on a rocking chair recalling the specifics of it (even if they are alcohol fueled memories).
    RW81233 wrote:
    what if you had someone who recorded every stupid shit thing that happened during asshole and/or crazy 8s? the other power figure besides beer bitch is the book who is the scorekeeper, timekeeper, and records everything that happens scorewise plus notationally during the game. they also give a name to the game that way, years later, there are literally games that people just say the name of and everyone nods and laughs like they're on a rocking chair recalling the specifics of it (even if they are alcohol fueled memories).

i'm really not sure what you're talking about completely.

but nobody in my crew really ever had the motivation to do all that stuff. we always had simple rules for our card games. beer pong rules were as simple as you can get. we just liked to get plastered quickly and not think too much. :lol:

i played beer pong on vaca a couple months ago with the wife's cousins. they were pulling out all kinds of weird ass rules i had never heard of. this one girl missed a shot and ran over and picked the ball up before i did and shot again. :wtf: other weird stuff too. of course their cups barely had any beer in them. what a bunch of amateur hour nonsense...

kids these days
    www.myspace.com
    if you've played farkel you'll know that there's no bullshit here...normally bonk hooks people right quick, especially baseball fans. theres a book who keeps score and a beer bitch who pours beer. no picking up ping pong balls, no cards, no shit. you get 100 for 1s, 50 for 5s, 3 of a kind on one roll is 100x the die so (2s - 200, 3s 300, 4s 400, 5s 500, 1s 1000), 4 of a kind nothing more than 3 of a kind, 5 of a kind 1000x so same as 3 of a kind. Straights are 1500 (1-5 or 2-6) on one roll. once you roll you gotta keep a scoring die down so a 1-4-4-6-5 you can either leave the 1-5 or 1 down, then roll again. i'm drunk obviously but you freeze at a score that you rolled or under to accumulate ponts. once you learn the game it's super addictive and very competitive especially when later on in the night. i'd be glad to teach people how to play full on.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    then who are you talking about? kordel stewart? :lol:

how does an ultra conservative racist get into a band like pj?

Someone in this thread

I'm racist because I said certain QBs do poorly at reading defenses and wonderlic tests? OK, whatever.

Also, I'm far from ultra-conservative. Pro-choice, anti-guns, anti-religion. Only GOP platform I'm a proponent of is their stance on taxes. I like to keep the money I earn. I would say I'm anti-welfare, but that might be considered racist :roll:

someone in this thread? :? just say what you want to say dude.

re the issue at hand: you said "I'm on the record with my thoughts on the QB situation. There are obvious reasons that I can't post here"

i took that as some kind of racial thing since both of them are black and that you didnt want to post that here because you didn't want people to think you were racist. if i am wrong, i'm sorry.

if i'm wrong, what are the reasons? why would you not be able to post them here for "obvious reasons?" i think it's kind of obvious what you mean but i think you're back tracking.

OK, fine. Most black QBs aren't smart. They don't score well on the wonderlic test and I think that directly correlates to why none have ever won the SB (doug williams gets credit, but he only started a few games for the skins that year...ie didn't lead them to a playoff berth and SB win...so I'd only give him partial credit. he was like jeff hostetler). It will happen eventually, just like obama happened eventually. I don't see anyone currently in the NFL with enough between the ears to make this happen any time soon. And yes, I'm including Cam Newton :D .

I don't think this is a racist thought process, but you never know how shit is gonna be construed on this board. We saw a presentation at a work conference recently where the speaker went on a tangent about how 70% of non-verbal communication is misinterpreted. this board is a good example of that.
    i agree with assessment (including cammy cam) period. however being black and a quarterback doesn't neccessarilly make u suck as a quarterback in the nfl. being white doesn't make you the man either. i disagree because think vick/young are not exactly the same guy besides the simple shit that left hand throws fade different than right hand throw (although young is so innaccurate that he makes throws that don't make sense that get completed). I don't think football jesus is good and he's the whitest white there ever was, and vick has made it close to the Super Bowl many times. Ok i gotta be done, because i am toast.
    RW81233 wrote:
    i agree with assessment (including cammy cam) period. however being black and a quarterback doesn't neccessarilly make u suck as a quarterback in the nfl. being white doesn't make you the man either. i disagree because think vick/young are not exactly the same guy besides the simple shit that left hand throws fade different than right hand throw (although young is so innaccurate that he makes throws that don't make sense that get completed). I don't think football jesus is good and he's the whitest white there ever was, and vick has made it close to the Super Bowl many times. Ok i gotta be done, because i am toast.

there have been plenty of dumb white QBs. ryan leaf, jeff george, todd marinovich, etc. I just think the black QB stereotype is justified. It's no coincidence that only one has ever won the SB (and that one should have an asterisk).

McNabb is probably the best ever. That says a lot. Can't wait for some turd like jason whitlock to write another dumb article about how there aren't enough black QBs or coaches :roll:
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

someone in this thread? :? just say what you want to say dude.

re the issue at hand: you said "I'm on the record with my thoughts on the QB situation. There are obvious reasons that I can't post here"

i took that as some kind of racial thing since both of them are black and that you didnt want to post that here because you didn't want people to think you were racist. if i am wrong, i'm sorry.

if i'm wrong, what are the reasons? why would you not be able to post them here for "obvious reasons?" i think it's kind of obvious what you mean but i think you're back tracking.

OK, fine. Most black QBs aren't smart. They don't score well on the wonderlic test and I think that directly correlates to why none have ever won the SB (doug williams gets credit, but he only started a few games for the skins that year...ie didn't lead them to a playoff berth and SB win...so I'd only give him partial credit. he was like jeff hostetler). It will happen eventually, just like obama happened eventually. I don't see anyone currently in the NFL with enough between the ears to make this happen any time soon. And yes, I'm including Cam Newton :D .

I don't think this is a racist thought process, but you never know how shit is gonna be construed on this board. We saw a presentation at a work conference recently where the speaker went on a tangent about how 70% of non-verbal communication is misinterpreted. this board is a good example of that.

ok rush :roll:

how come you're the only one who always has problems with being "misinterpreted" on here though? if you would have just said you think black qb's are not intelligent from the beginning, it would have saved a lot back and forth and then some back tracking on your part. that's not being "misinterpreted", that's you speaking in code to avoid appearing like a racist.

but whatever....can't believe they are actually playing a game tomorrow. :o
    www.myspace.com
    steve smith. weird signing.
    he was in the giants camp the last two days...spygate 2? More seriously does Jeffry Lurie have a theme park sign that stands about 5'10" that says Philly Eagles Wide Receiver Open Application "if you're taller than this in cleats then you must weigh less than this" and its an arrow that points to Giselle?
    wonder if this means they think maclin's illness is pretty serious though? looks like smith will be on the pup list.....possibly be ready by mid season

among other things, i'm interested to see how kelce looks tomorrow. harris too. mudd differs from castillo and reid in that he likes his lineman more quicker and athletic as opposed to some of the behemoth's we've had in here over the years. i've read a few articles comparing kelce to jeff saturday actually. and, although there are still questions, i feel pretty good about the o line at this point in time...

wanna see the lb's in action. little mathews calling the shots. he is so small. really liked what i saw of chaney down the stretch last year. apparently he's looked real good in camp.

only the first preseason game but just to see some semblance of a game on the field after this offseason will be a welcomed sight tomorrow night. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    wow...what a thread

curious about thoughts on steve mcnair? he came up a yard short of a superbowl championship
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Warren Moon was the best black QB in my book, and McNair was fucking good - better than McNabb? I was too drunk to articulate last night, but I think there's a ton going on behind black qb's not being successful in the league...to much to write in a single post. On top of that when do you become a "black" or "non-white" QB? I mean Tony Romo is very Mexican and, at this point, he's been better than Mark Sanchez and most other non-white Qbs where does he fit in this argument?
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,364
    81 wrote:
    wow...what a thread

curious about thoughts on steve mcnair? he came up a yard short of a superbowl championship

A yard short of sending the SB to OT, actually. Still a pretty good showing.

When it happens again, it'll some other asterisk/story. LIke, he wasn't that good, his defense carried him, his receivers were great, blah blah. Just like Doug Williams was a 2nd string most of the year, right.

Football players are typecast into certain positions by race at young ages. There's no real good reason why a white guy can't be a running back and not a fullback, or a WR and not a TE. Same goes vice versa.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    81 wrote:
    wow...what a thread

A yard short of sending the SB to OT, actually. Still a pretty good showing.

When it happens again, it'll some other asterisk/story. LIke, he wasn't that good, his defense carried him, his receivers were great, blah blah. Just like Doug Williams was a 2nd string most of the year, right.

Football players are typecast into certain positions by race at young ages. There's no real good reason why a white guy can't be a running back and not a fullback, or a WR and not a TE. Same goes vice versa.

All that said, I agree with Fixer that I don't think Vick has what it takes to win the SB.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    we also must remember, that up until 20 or so years ago, black players were much less likely to play the qb position because of these stereo types. They weren't as likely to be groomed from teh age of 5 to be a qb, so of course it would be less likely for them to win a SB.

however, they can lead college teams to titles, they can lead nba and mlb teams to titles, but they can't lead a nfl team to a title, well, unless of course they are a head coach in Indy with a great white qb.

i don't buy it.

if you want to say vick can't do it, that's fine, but from a blanket statement standpoint, it's bs.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I'm with 81...However, I do think this is the exact situation Vick needs for success. A bunch of guys who can just run past people and take advantage of his big arm.
    RW81233 wrote:
    I'm with 81...

:shock: :o:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Plus in addition to being funneled into the "athletic" positions (OLB, WR, CB, RB) from childhood you can't discount the power of role models. My favorite player as a youngster was Tony Dorsett (cried when he went to the Broncos). 33 was my favorite number, and I always wanted to be a running back. However, my parents also gave me a White/White (Randy and Danny) poster and a Danny White jersey for christmas. They wanted me to be a QB like Danny White. Long story short, most children and/or their parents often want to emulate someone that looks like them, and this contributes (even if just a little) to the disparity that we are discussing.
    81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    I'm with 81...

:shock: :o:lol:
    don't let anyone ever look at threads we're both in on AMT... :mrgreen:
    RW81233 wrote:
    I'm with 81...However, I do think this is the exact situation Vick needs for success. A bunch of guys who can just run past people and take advantage of his big arm.

Obviously I hope you're right. I've always felt like the right defense can confound him deep into the playoffs (like the 2002 & 2004 Eagles). It's not because he's black, it's because he's Michael Vick. I am dying for him to prove me wrong. (well in November I'll start to, for now it's all-Phillies for me)

RW81233 wrote:

Obviously I hope you're right. I've always felt like the right defense can confound him deep into the playoffs (like the 2002 & 2004 Eagles). It's not because he's black, it's because he's Michael Vick. I am dying for him to prove me wrong. (well in November I'll start to, for now it's all-Phillies for me)
    oh maybe the phillies success contributes to my timeline for eagles fans...hmmm.
    81 wrote:
    we also must remember, that up until 20 or so years ago, black players were much less likely to play the qb position because of these stereo types. They weren't as likely to be groomed from teh age of 5 to be a qb, so of course it would be less likely for them to win a SB.

however, they can lead college teams to titles, they can lead nba and mlb teams to titles, but they can't lead a nfl team to a title, well, unless of course they are a head coach in Indy with a great white qb.

i don't buy it.

if you want to say vick can't do it, that's fine, but from a blanket statement standpoint, it's bs.

agreed. the reality is there's a small sample size to look at right now. so you name a few bad (possibly not smart) black qb's and they're going to represent a larger portion of the total number of black qb's as opposed to all the dumb white qb's (and there are plenty of them). reason for the small sample size, in my opinion, is that the people that are of the belief that they're too stupid to play quarterback have been discouraging them to play the position really up until the past 15 years or so, with some notable exceptions. there are still lots of places and people in this country doing the same thing to younger black players (this whole thing reminds me of an awkward argument i had with my wife's crusty old uncle wayne---and mind you, he's the type of guy that you wouldn't be shocked to learn had indentured servants working at his parents house as a kid :roll: :lol: ) . so a lot of it, like rw said, has to do with how they're brought up and coached. it's not because the majority of that race is too stupid to read a defense.

right now there are 5 starting black qb's in the league. in terms of qb rating, 2 were in the top 10, 1 was middle of the pack, and 2 were in the bottom half. i think josh freeman can be a stud with the right weapons (25 tds to just 6 int's is fucking great). i disagree that vick cannot win a championship. like rw said, this is the absolute best situation for him to be in. high flying offense, defense that should be good and create turnovers and a coaching staff who knows how to get the most out of it's quarterbacks........but if the eagles do win, i'm fully anticipating certain people labling vick as an exception to the rule and saying things like the eagles won despite of him. :roll:
    www.myspace.com
    ........but if the eagles do win, i'm fully anticipating certain people labling vick as an exception to the rule and saying things like the eagles won despite of him. :roll:

Absolutely. You will hear a lot of that. You can just enjoy trudging through the snow and enjoying the SB parade, right? ;)

........but if the eagles do win, i'm fully anticipating certain people labling vick as an exception to the rule and saying things like the eagles won despite of him. :roll:

Absolutely. You will hear a lot of that. You can just enjoy trudging through the snow and enjoying the SB parade, right? ;)

that certainly could happen and I will be the first to admit I was wrong if vick wins.

the year peyton 'the choke' manning won it all his playoff numbers sucked balls. something like 3 TDs and 7 picks in the 4 games. No one comes up smaller in big games than the forehead

absolutely.
    my 2nd in 5 months. ;)
    www.myspace.com
    not sure the city would be able to handle the riots following two titles in 5 months ;) . and the insufferable students would be even more insufferable. oh well things could be worse than that - not much though.
    RW81233 wrote:
    not sure the city would be able to handle the riots following two titles in 5 months ;) . and the insufferable students would be even more insufferable. oh well things could be worse than that - not much though.

....right. because philadelphia has been known for uncontrollable riots in the past. :? :roll:

this ain't vancouver, guy.
    www.myspace.com
    RW81233 wrote:
    ....right. because philadelphia has been known for uncontrollable riots in the past. :? :roll:

this ain't vancouver, guy.

Everyone knows about the famous Phila championship riots of 1910, 1974 and 2008, of course. :?

This discussion has been closed.