THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    in may the birds were 16-1 odds to win super bowl.

now? 8-1 :o

only the pats and packers have better odds.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Funny...because of only 4 practices the guy doesn't know how to throw properly :lol: . I included young's response at the end

Young has taken quite a bit of criticism since he started practicing. But keep in mind that Marty Mornhinweg is essentially breaking Young down and building him back up again.

The other day, I saw Morhninweg and Young working one-on-one on a side practice field. For 15 to 20 minutes, Young barely threw a pass. He just worked on footwork, taking the snap and getting into his drop. So it's not surprising that he misses throws and looks confused during live drills. I'm sure Eagles coaches expect that. He's had four total practices and four walkthroughs in a brand new system. It's all about getting the basics down right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnyDUJMw6xg
    The Fixer wrote:
    Funny...because of only 4 practices the guy doesn't know how to throw properly :lol: . I included young's response at the end

Young has taken quite a bit of criticism since he started practicing. But keep in mind that Marty Mornhinweg is essentially breaking Young down and building him back up again.

The other day, I saw Morhninweg and Young working one-on-one on a side practice field. For 15 to 20 minutes, Young barely threw a pass. He just worked on footwork, taking the snap and getting into his drop. So it's not surprising that he misses throws and looks confused during live drills. I'm sure Eagles coaches expect that. He's had four total practices and four walkthroughs in a brand new system. It's all about getting the basics down right now.

he's on the perfect team to get him on the right track.....what was the youtube video? can't see it at work.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

he's on the perfect team to get him on the right track.....what was the youtube video? can't see it at work.

uncle rico quote about throwing the football over them mountains.

what's the O/U on snaps taken under center this season? 5, 10?? not really any point with these two
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

uncle rico quote about throwing the football over them mountains.

what's the O/U on snaps taken under center this season? 5, 10?? not really any point with these two

you don't see vick missing much action?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

what do you mean? vick, young...it doesn't matter. they are two in the same IMO. two guys that can't read a defense, like to hold the ball and run around, and are much more effective in the gun than under center
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

what do you mean? vick, young...it doesn't matter. they are two in the same IMO. two guys that can't read a defense, like to hold the ball and run around, and are much more effective in the gun than under center

:lol:

you may want to rethink your undying devotion to one, andy reid.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm on the record with my thoughts on the QB situation. There are obvious reasons that I can't post here
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm on the record with my thoughts on the QB situation. There are obvious reasons that I can't post here

because you're a racist?

seriously, do you think all black qb's cannot read defenses? say what you mean.
    www.myspace.com

wonderlic scores prove that defenses are not the only thing they can't read
    The Fixer wrote:

dan marino scored a 16 on his.
    vick scored a 20.

wonder what you would score :think: :lol:

funny thing is, i'm not shocked at all you think this way
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

vick scored a 20.

you forgot to include guys like kordell stewart, vince young, mcnabb, garrard. hmm, I see a trend

I went to a good college, got my degree in econ...I'd be fine. guys that had to settle for their safety schools are the ones that would probably struggle :shock:
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

vick scored a 20.

you forgot to include guys like kordell stewart, vince young, mcnabb, garrard. hmm, I see a trend

I went to a good college, got my degree in econ...I'd be fine. guys that had to settle for their safety schools are the ones that would probably struggle :shock:

yeah i think mcnabb got the same as marino. jim kelly scored a 16 i believe.

syracuse and pitt are saftey schools for them? :?

you are quite the racist. should we go back to seperate water fountains? stay classy fixer :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

you are quite the racist. should we go back to seperate water fountains? stay classy fixer :thumbup:

just stating the facts brother. I'm sure the tests are biased though :?

I don't think mcnabb or marino settled for either of their respective universities.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

just stating the facts brother. I'm sure the tests are biased though :?

I don't think mcnabb or marino settled for either of their respective universities.

then who are you talking about? kordel stewart? :lol:

how does an ultra conservative racist get into a band like pj?
    www.myspace.com

Someone in this thread

I'm racist because I said certain QBs do poorly at reading defenses and wonderlic tests? OK, whatever.

Also, I'm far from ultra-conservative. Pro-choice, anti-guns, anti-religion. Only GOP platform I'm a proponent of is their stance on taxes. I like to keep the money I earn. I would say I'm anti-welfare, but that might be considered racist :roll:
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Explains why he hates Howard seriously.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Explains why he hates Howard seriously.

and it's weird as shit that I love rollins and dawkins.

I must be clayton bigsby
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Well...well...well what do we have here. Juggler...as Al Sharpton? There are plenty of quarterbacks that can't read defenses, don't score well on a test that is designed to prove what again?, and just rely on their physical talents. Most of the time I would guess this doesn't have to do with their schooling, or lack thereof, but rather the need to do this at a younger age. I mean who actually reads defenses well as a QB right now? P.Manning (except in the playoffs), T.Brady (except in the playoffs post 2008), and D. Brees - Manning grew up with a dad for a QB, Brady and Brees had (I emphasize had and don't know how Brady got over it without "help" at least Brees had "surgery") physical limitations.

Most quarterbacks are just physically better than the other teams defense, have a competitive advantage, or both. Big Ben has won 2 Super Bowls by just relying on his physical skills and luck, Rodgers had like 6 weapons to toss the ball too last year and is accurate, Eli Manning I'm pretty sure has trouble reading a children's book, Romo has pretty historic numbers but he's kind of a poor man's Rodgers, Matty Ice is a bad joke that's about to be told this year, Josh Freeman is kind of the new Big Ben. Point is a lot gets made about being able to read a defense, but you can win with a guy who can stay alive long enough until the defense breaks down and still be able to do something about it.
    edited August 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

Someone in this thread

I'm racist because I said certain QBs do poorly at reading defenses and wonderlic tests? OK, whatever.

Also, I'm far from ultra-conservative. Pro-choice, anti-guns, anti-religion. Only GOP platform I'm a proponent of is their stance on taxes. I like to keep the money I earn. I would say I'm anti-welfare, but that might be considered racist :roll:

someone in this thread? :? just say what you want to say dude.

re the issue at hand: you said "I'm on the record with my thoughts on the QB situation. There are obvious reasons that I can't post here"

i took that as some kind of racial thing since both of them are black and that you didnt want to post that here because you didn't want people to think you were racist. if i am wrong, i'm sorry.

if i'm wrong, what are the reasons? why would you not be able to post them here for "obvious reasons?" i think it's kind of obvious what you mean but i think you're back tracking.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    RW81233 wrote:
    Well...well...well what do we have here. Juggler...as Al Sharpton? There are plenty of quarterbacks that can't read defenses, don't score well on a test that is designed to prove what again?, and just rely on their physical talents. Most of the time I would guess this doesn't have to do with their schooling, or lack thereof, but rather the need to do this at a younger age. I mean who actually reads defenses well as a QB right now? P.Manning (except in the playoffs), T.Brady (except in the playoffs post 2008), and D. Brees - Manning grew up with a dad for a QB, Brady and Brees had (I emphasize had and don't know how Brady got over it without "help" at least Brees had "surgery") physical limitations.

Most quarterbacks are just physically better than the other teams defense, have a competitive advantage, or both. Big Ben has won 2 Super Bowls by just relying on his physical skills and luck, Rodgers had like 6 weapons to toss the ball too last year and is accurate, Eli Manning I'm pretty sure has trouble reading a children's book, Romo has pretty historic numbers but he's kind of a poor man's Rodgers, Matty Ice is a bad joke that's about to be told this year, Josh Freeman is kind of the new Big Ben. Point is a lot gets made about being able to read a defense, but you can win with a guy who can stay alive long enough until the defense breaks down and still be able to do something about it.

do NOT compare me to al sharpton :lol: ...that said i think we're more on the same page than it appears at times.
    www.myspace.com
    It's fine man...I'm a professor of (for lack of a better term) sport sociology. outside of my brother, some students and colleagues most everyone thinks i "look too far" into things. Especially sports. My best friend and I had the same major and he says that I talk about everything in sport that he knows is true but wishes weren't. Long story short when people agree with me they think I'm smart, when they don't I get the your just like Al Sharpton, Zach de La Rocha, Drunk Eddie Vedder, even Hugo Chavez all the time.

Side note fuck the Cardinals (not Arizona).
    RW81233 wrote:
    It's fine man...I'm a professor of (for lack of a better term) sport sociology. outside of my brother, some students and colleagues most everyone thinks i "look too far" into things. Especially sports. My best friend and I had the same major and he says that I talk about everything in sport that he knows is true but wishes weren't. Long story short when people agree with me they think I'm smart, when they don't I get the your just like Al Sharpton, Zach de La Rocha, Drunk Eddie Vedder, even Hugo Chavez all the time.

Side note fuck the Cardinals (not Arizona).

cowboys suck.

there. everything's back to normal now. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,364
    Wow. This thread got interesting. :shock: :lol:

I remember being bitter about people saying that shit about Randall. I think he was poorly coached and then injured. :(

McNabb could read defenses. Just like throwing at his receivers' feet.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Well this is the thing I bet Alex Smith can "read defenses" he also sucks. What's that do for the 49ers?
    RW81233 wrote:
    Well this is the thing I bet Alex Smith can "read defenses" he also sucks. What's that do for the 49ers?

alex smith scored a 40 on his wonderlic :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    I won my skype drinking league game tonight so my wonderlic is a million.
    RW81233 wrote:

what?
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,364
    RW81233 wrote:

what?

You probably don't want to know. :?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    it's a drinking game we played in college 10 years ago that involves dice, beer, wit, and guile. It's the only drinking game I know that you win without people necessarily puking by drinking. Basically 5 dice farkel where you drink every time your score crosses a 1000 pt barrier (usually a 1/3 beer but the beer bitch can make it horrible), First to 10000 wins. It's a really cool way to hang out with a college buddy for 45 mins to an hour every week. We have a website, stats, power rankings, all sorts of bullshit just to keep us together. Better than a fraternity I say.
This discussion has been closed.