THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    apparently this twitter thing that kids are always talking about is "abuzz" with rumors. niners need a cb.

no shot in hell this happens! :lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    patrick willis? :o :shock: :shock:

no!!!! .......there's no way this happens. right? right? :?

Earlier today I heard him or DJ williams

thought it was too crazy to post
    For Asante???

yeah. like jeags said yesterday, birds have 12 picks as well. they could put together a nice package.

I'm not ruling anything out at this point. they could trade for brady and manning and I wouldn't be completely shocked
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    If SF even thought about that trade there GM should be fired on the spot. Willis is a beast, i wouldn't trade him for Asante a 1st and a 2nd.
    Go Birds!!!!
    If SF even thought about that trade there GM should be fired on the spot. Willis is a beast, i wouldn't trade him for Asante a 1st and a 2nd.

i'm surprised you didn't post this rumor already. you're always up on all the nonsense rumors :lol: ...that tend to come true at times ;)
    www.myspace.com

i'm surprised you didn't post this rumor already. you're always up on all the nonsense rumors :lol: ...that tend to come true at times ;)

it must not have been reported on 610 :lol:

Didn't here about it, yeah me and my rumors :lol::lol:
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

it must not have been reported on 610 :lol:
    Like i said before 11-3 on that station is the best. The Cuz knows his shit like very few do. Other then that i don't listen. I'm sure this one will have to be said another 50 times :roll: Because i see a twist job in the near future like usual.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Someone referred to the Eagles as the "Heatles". I really like the way these players have referred to themselves as the Heat of the NFL. They are setting themselves up for a let down as most of the dream team hasn't even taken the field. Why put pressure on yourself when 1 injury can ruin your season?

Remember which city's team ended up winning the NBA Finals?

It starts with a D and it wasn't the Dream Team! :D
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?secti ... id=8286367

mike patterson goes into convulsions on field and taken away in ambulance. looks like he is ok at the moment but had to be a scary moment. hopefully nothing too serious. danny watkins jumps in to help training staff using his fireman's background.
    eagles have made an offer to randy moss. :o

this is getting ri-god-damn-diculous.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

wow....you guys are going all in.

you have had imo, the best free agent period of any team this year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

You mean this Century!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    81 wrote:

You mean this Century!!!

yeah, 81's was the understatement of the year :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    Sooooooo.....this is pretty ridiculous....

please no.
    this is funny. how are the eagles going to handle all of these 'problems'?????????

mcnabb is such a dork

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ooking-at/
    the giants signed stacey andrews

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    81 wrote:

Funny thing is that this was planned last year....

http://www.the700level.com/08/03/11/How ... eedID=8510
    Mike Patterson update - this can't be a good thing. hope he is ok in the long run.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?secti ... id=8288678
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    local sports radio peeps are discussing where to go for a road bears game.

they said a big no to philly because of the fans. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,365
    pjhawks wrote:
    Mike Patterson update - this can't be a good thing. hope he is ok in the long run.

What a horrible story. I just hope he can live out a fruitful life. My son is never playing football. Fuck that shit.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    pjhawks wrote:

What a horrible story. I just hope he can live out a fruitful life. My son is never playing football. Fuck that shit.

this stuff scares the fuck out of me.
    www.myspace.com
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    pjhawks wrote:

I'm feeling the same way, but what if he really, really, really wants to play? Also this is why I feel American football has a finite lifespan (it'll likely outlive us, but still). No one outside of us cares about it, one day (if not now) you will be considered a bad parent if you let your child play, and if you do let your child play you are basically actively taking 20 years off their lives. I hope he gets better.
    RW81233 wrote:
    I'm feeling the same way, but what if he really, really, really wants to play? Also this is why I feel American football has a finite lifespan (it'll likely outlive us, but still). No one outside of us cares about it, one day (if not now) you will be considered a bad parent if you let your child play, and if you do let your child play you are basically actively taking 20 years off their lives. I hope he gets better.

There would be some serious conversations about Andre Waters and other players that I grew up watching who are now DEAD. His genes don't look good to be a football player anyway, although he's already pretty good at tackling. :lol:

I think this lifespan issue and the ridiculous amount of injuries not only every season, but every game itself, has really turned me off of football a good bit. Go to a game, and you'll probably spend about 20 minutes combined watching players being carted off the field and referees staring into video things on the sideline, in addition to the hour of commercials. :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    RW81233 wrote:

There would be some serious conversations about Andre Waters and other players that I grew up watching who are now DEAD. His genes don't look good to be a football player anyway, although he's already pretty good at tackling. :lol:

I think this lifespan issue and the ridiculous amount of injuries not only every season, but every game itself, has really turned me off of football a good bit. Go to a game, and you'll probably spend about 20 minutes combined watching players being carted off the field and referees staring into video things on the sideline, in addition to the hour of commercials. :roll:

yeah i went to grad school with musa smith's older brother, and he gave me tix to a couple games in '06 in the family section. it's the weirdest thing to watch a game there, the people only cheer after everyone gets up. i'm thinking the same thing re: son playing football.
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    pjhawks wrote:

Seriously?? The seizure had nothing to do with football. It is a congenital defect which shows itself as early as 20s or as late as 40s. It can manifest itself at times of stress, dehydration, or other types high intensity situations. And it can be treated, at times, without the need for major surgery (think inserting a stent into an artery or gamma knife). The worse case is cranial surgery, which of course would end his career.

With you're type of thinking, you son should never play any sports, or even go outside, hell you probably shouldn't buy furniture since he might hit his head. Sorry but irrational statements with no factual basis annoy me.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    chromiam wrote:
    With you're type of thinking, you son should never play any sports, or even go outside, hell you probably shouldn't buy furniture since he might hit his head. Sorry but irrational statements with no factual basis annoy me.

He actually plays on a hardwood floor and the house is not even really child proofed. It's been interesting and very telling to see how fast he has learned to protect himself. 8-)

Watching my favorite players grow old and brain-damaged and kill themselves has left a lasting effect. I am going to make my son play at least one sport, but not football is all. I don't know how you can say "no factual basis" when it's well known that the effects of football and concussions shorten lifespans and cause debilitating health issues.

Personally I think if they get rid of helmets, or use leather or whatever, it will solve everything.

RW81233 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

i agree with this 100%. remember boxing was once one of the biggest sports in the world. these things can change over time. like boxing the effects of a Muhammed Ali and now the effects we are starting to see in football players later in life can and will have a lasting effect on the games long term viability.
    RW81233 wrote:

I think there is a simple solution to eliminate a lot of the injuries you are talking about. Make the steroid testing and penalties more stringent. It's a joke that the NFL doesn't have harsher penalties for PED use.

Instead we are stuck with the NFL making snap judgements and changing rules every time something happens. Have I mentioned how much I hate roger goodell?
    chromiam wrote:

He actually plays on a hardwood floor and the house is not even really child proofed. It's been interesting and very telling to see how fast he has learned to protect himself. 8-)

Watching my favorite players grow old and brain-damaged and kill themselves has left a lasting effect. I am going to make my son play at least one sport, but not football is all. I don't know how you can say "no factual basis" when it's well known that the effects of football and concussions shorten lifespans and cause debilitating health issues.

Personally I think if they get rid of helmets, or use leather or whatever, it will solve everything.

jp has said this before. paterno was advocating this recently too.

are you really not going to allow your kid to play football though dude? i think i'd side with chromiam here. plus, you gotta figure in a decade or so they will have come a long ways in terms of player saftey and stuff.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.