THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    abiamiri tears his acl....good god this guy is samuel l jackson's character from Unbreakable. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Birds season win O/U is 10.5. Tied with a bunch of others for 2nd highest. NE and GB both 11.5

Skins are 5.5. That under is looking like a lock with their dynamic QB duo
    Randy Moss seen in philly today.

christ, this is gonna happen. fucking insane
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Why do the Pats and Eagles keep taking my favorite players. I hate these two franchises so much but the players are so lovable. I'm stuck rooting for Jason Witten, fucking suckface bastard.
    RW81233 wrote:
    Why do the Pats and Eagles keep taking my favorite players. I hate these two franchises so much but the players are so lovable. I'm stuck rooting for Jason Witten, fucking suckface bastard.

you gonna buy a vick jersey rw?

you're already a fraud, so it's fine with me. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    not sure what this means...

We were intrigued by the report from the Boston Herald that the Eagles had made a post-retirement offer to receiver Randy Moss. And while we hate to let the facts get in the way of an intriguing story, we’re compelled to report, based on a source with knowledge of the situation, that the Eagles did not and have not made an offer to Randy Moss.

The source was adamant, for what it’s worth.

We’re compelled to point this out because we’ve received multiple e-mails tonight regarding a Randy Moss sighting at the Capital Grille in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. If it’s Moss, it doesn’t mean he’s joining the Eagles.
    i think this moss stuff is just meant to light a fire under djack's ass to get into camp. he's got 5 more days to show up.
    www.myspace.com
    RW81233 wrote:

the last jersey i bought outside of the sweet stitched mookie blaylock was a pacman jones so there's an outside shot. FML haha.
    RW81233 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

the last jersey i bought outside of the sweet stitched mookie blaylock was a pacman jones so there's an outside shot. FML haha.

yuck....

by the way--what the fuck does FML mean?
    www.myspace.com
    i think this moss stuff is just meant to light a fire under djack's ass to get into camp. he's got 5 more days to show up.

I said that the other day here. who knows with this team though...nothing would shock me.

for what it's worth I don't want moss
    FUck My Life...usually repeated often while Tony Romo is dropping back to pass.
    RW81233 wrote:
    FUck My Life...usually repeated often while Tony Romo is dropping back to pass.

haha, I was gonna bring romo up earlier when you were burying witten. witten should be the least of your worries

I do think garrett will help that team. I am gonna miss the phillips, campo days
    i think it's funny that everyone is so sold on garret based on a few meaningless games towards the end of a lost season. don't get me wrong, i like him over phillips...but he went from people wanting to run him out of town (that town is dallas, texas for all the cowboys fans who have never been there :roll: ) too to being the next great coach in this league.
    www.myspace.com
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    chromiam wrote:
    With you're type of thinking, you son should never play any sports, or even go outside, hell you probably shouldn't buy furniture since he might hit his head. Sorry but irrational statements with no factual basis annoy me.

He actually plays on a hardwood floor and the house is not even really child proofed. It's been interesting and very telling to see how fast he has learned to protect himself. 8-)

Watching my favorite players grow old and brain-damaged and kill themselves has left a lasting effect. I am going to make my son play at least one sport, but not football is all. I don't know how you can say "no factual basis" when it's well known that the effects of football and concussions shorten lifespans and cause debilitating health issues.

Personally I think if they get rid of helmets, or use leather or whatever, it will solve everything.

That's good and I agree that the advancements in protection has led guys to think they are invincible (just look at hockey). I also agree that football players get concussions, but so do hockey and baseball and even soccer players. If not ever getting a concussion is the criteria for playable sports, then I think you're son is down to badminton, tennis, and maybe freestyle rhythmic gymnastics.

My problem with your statement was that it seemed you were making a decision partly based on Patterson's medical condition which has nothing to do with him being a football player. Hell he got the treatment he needed quickly because of who and where he was at the time of his seizure.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,365
    chromiam wrote:
    That's good and I agree that the advancements in protection has led guys to think they are invincible (just look at hockey). I also agree that football players get concussions, but so do hockey and baseball and even soccer players. If not ever getting a concussion is the criteria for playable sports, then I think you're son is down to badminton, tennis, and maybe freestyle rhythmic gymnastics.

My problem with your statement was that it seemed you were making a decision partly based on Patterson's medical condition which has nothing to do with him being a football player. Hell he got the treatment he needed quickly because of who and where he was at the time of his seizure.

Of course there's always a chance that anyone can get a concussion in any sport. In football it seems more like a certainty than a chance, more at the advanced levels (it's probably not too dangerous to play pee wee football :lol: ). You're right, hockey is pretty similar, but it doesn't have linemen knocking heads 50+ times a game. Ultimately, he's gonna do what he wants to do. I just wouldn't want him to be in a ridiculously hazard occupation, like football player or coal miner or whatever. It's natural for any parent to feel that way.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

DJack has to show up to camp, he's being fined $30,000/day, so with a $600,000 contract, he'll be playing for free after 20 days plus he'll lose his year of eligibility for free agency.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

chromiam wrote:

Of course there's always a chance that anyone can get a concussion in any sport. In football it seems more like a certainty than a chance, more at the advanced levels (it's probably not too dangerous to play pee wee football :lol: ). You're right, hockey is pretty similar, but it doesn't have linemen knocking heads 50+ times a game. Ultimately, he's gonna do what he wants to do. I just wouldn't want him to be in a ridiculously hazard occupation, like football player or coal miner or whatever. It's natural for any parent to feel that way.

I'd disagree, I've played soccer and hockey, not much football (at least with pads), and would have to say that they are more dangerous for concussions. In soccer, there is no head protection at all, and with hockey you have guys zipping around like heat seeking missiles. Unless you are a lineman, you probably are only tackled a dozen or so times a game, the problem is what kind of hits are you taking, not the contact itself.

And yeah, as a parent, you never wanna put your child in danger. No kids here yet but can understand the feeling.

Admin

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    chromiam wrote:

there is way more usage of the head in football though. in football the head is used to hit people and for linemen their heads hit on every play. in sports like hockey, lacrosse and soccer concussions occur but it's not with the frequency as football because there are less head collisions (although i think soccer has a fair amount due to heading the ball and hitting heads going for those balls). friends of mine's son has played football since he was a kid and has had like 5 concussions already and he is only going into 10th grade. and this year he might be playing varsity football against kids 2 and 3 years older than him. it's a scary thought what the long term effects might be. i totally understand not necessarily wanting your child to go into football. you probably don't want him boxing either. similar i think.
    chromiam wrote:
    chromiam wrote:

I'd disagree, I've played soccer and hockey, not much football (at least with pads), and would have to say that they are more dangerous for concussions. In soccer, there is no head protection at all, and with hockey you have guys zipping around like heat seeking missiles. Unless you are a lineman, you probably are only tackled a dozen or so times a game, the problem is what kind of hits are you taking, not the contact itself.

And yeah, as a parent, you never wanna put your child in danger. No kids here yet but can understand the feeling.

hockey though because you are on skates i dont think you can generate the all out power and speed that a football player can. and hockey has finally started to eliminate and seriously punish hits to the head.

i did see a report on HBO's Real Sports one time that Soccer is generating an awful lot of concussions and having similar long term effects on older European Soccer players as we are now seeing with older NFL players.
    pjhawks wrote:
    chromiam wrote:

hockey though because you are on skates i dont think you can generate the all out power and speed that a football player can. and hockey has finally started to eliminate and seriously punish hits to the head.

i did see a report on HBO's Real Sports one time that Soccer is generating an awful lot of concussions and having similar long term effects on older European Soccer players as we are now seeing with older NFL players.

I think the opposite is true, you can generate more power and thrust while on skates then when running on a surface. On ice, more of your momentum carries you forward than when running. And while hits to the head generate all the concussion attention in hockey, punishing body checks where the head snaps back are just as dangerous. Remember its not contact to the head which causes concussions, its the movement of your brain within your skull which does.

Admin

chromiam wrote:

DJack has to show up to camp, he's being fined $30,000/day, so with a $600,000 contract, he'll be playing for free after 20 days plus he'll lose his year of eligibility for free agency.

yeah...i believe he loses that year on august 9th. that's what i meant. he's probably thinking he can afford to lose 150k, if he gets a new deal for 10 mil guaranteed or whatever. the birds won't pay him until he reports though, so that thinking is flawed.

funnily enough, his agent is drew rosenhaus and i think i heard this is the first rosenhaus agent to ever holdout.
    www.myspace.com
    for what it's worth, it's a penalty to lead with your helmet in football now. 10 years from now when your kid may want to play, that kind of stuff could be well in the past.
    www.myspace.com
    for what it's worth, it's a penalty to lead with your helmet in football now. 10 years from now when your kid may want to play, that kind of stuff could be well in the past.

yep, by then there won't be any tackling allowed.

surprisingly good news on patterson. I thought for sure he was done for a while

Despite an initially dire prognosis that included surgery or radiation for a brain condition known as AVM, Eagles defensive Mike Patterson could be returning to practice soon, according to agent J.R. Rickert.

Rickert writes that Patterson has been released from the hospital, and that he’ll be joining his teammates in training camp soon. He suffered a seizure at training camp on Wednesday.

“Patterson is scheduled to see a neurologist in Philadelphia in the next day or so,” Rickert says. “We anticipate that he will be cleared to resume normal team activities within a few days.”

It’s an amazing turn of events, and we’ll continue to track Patterson’s progress.
    The Fixer wrote:

yep, by then there won't be any tackling allowed.

surprisingly good news on patterson. I thought for sure he was done for a while

Despite an initially dire prognosis that included surgery or radiation for a brain condition known as AVM, Eagles defensive Mike Patterson could be returning to practice soon, according to agent J.R. Rickert.

Rickert writes that Patterson has been released from the hospital, and that he’ll be joining his teammates in training camp soon. He suffered a seizure at training camp on Wednesday.

“Patterson is scheduled to see a neurologist in Philadelphia in the next day or so,” Rickert says. “We anticipate that he will be cleared to resume normal team activities within a few days.”

It’s an amazing turn of events, and we’ll continue to track Patterson’s progress.

i'm a little leery of patterson's agent. even yesterday as Burkholder was describing the daignosis of AVM the agent was questionning it. seems like the agent is awfully gung-ho to get patterson back on the field. i hope mike is smart enough to get more medical opinions.
    birds signed a couple d tackles the other night for depth.

patterson's probably gonna be a backup this year to dixon and jenkins if he's able to play...
    www.myspace.com
  • If I was an Eagles fan, I'd wear this shirt everyday.

http://www.philavania.com/p--ginas-m--n ... ginas.html
    NERDS!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Akers has a billboard outside the Linc on 95 thanking eagles fans.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Akers has a billboard outside the Linc on 95 thanking eagles fans.

awesome.

what a class act all around.
    www.myspace.com
    jason kelce at center huh? maybe they are just trying to push jamal jackson some..

i'm interested in seeing how he looks on thursday.
    www.myspace.com
  • DREAM TEAM.
    I knew it all along, see?
This discussion has been closed.