THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    name me an average city. i bet i can google multiple incidents

Tampa Bay

i need a city that actually attends games :lol:

Tropicana Field fan says he was assaulted by Phillies pitcher J.C. Romero, Phillies looking into "alleged incident"
    UPDATE, 5:05: Romero initially told Philadelphia reporters he didn't want to comment. Asked by a Daily News reporter if he wanted to hear the accusation, Romero replied: "What'd he say. That he was drunk and got into a fight?. . .I'm not going to comment about it. I'm trying to be professional and I don't really want to get into that. Don't make a story out of nothing." "I don't know what's going on. I'm just finding out through you guys."
    UPDATE, 2:14: A New Port Richey man says he was assaulted by a Philadelphia Phillies player following Thursday's game against the Rays.

Robert Eaton, a 25-year-old father of two, said Phillies pitcher J.C. Romero grabbed him by the neck and pushed him after he made a comment about steroids.

For more on the story, click here.

NEWS: After the Times reported Saturday of an incident between an unnamed Phillies player and a fan at Tropicana Field after Thursday's game at the Trop, the Phillies today issued this statement:

"We're disappointed to learn about the alleged incident with a Rays fan and one of our players following Thursday night's game at Tropicana Field. We are in the process of gathering all of the details surrounding the situation. Until such information is provided, it would be inappropriate for us to comment at this time."

The Times reported Saturday:

An incident took place between a fan and a Phillies player after Thursday's game, the Rays confirmed. ''At this point it is a police matter and for that reason we won't have any further comment," the team said in a statement, but did not identify the player. St. Petersburg Police officials could not be reached late Friday night, but a dispatcher confirmed that a report for a battery call was taken at the stadium at about 11 p.m. Thursday. The Phillies could not be reached for comment.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    RW81233 wrote:
    P.S. i went to college park so i've tried giving your side of the argument, but the crazy argument exists for a reason....Maryland kids burn shit when they win.

J.A. fair enough

Should I go to the Temple/MD football games this year in my Owls garb??? :P

better yet wear a duke basketball jersey (and especially jj redick) to a md. game, i'm sure they will all buy you some beers :roll: :roll: :roll: Maryland fans have been known to be brutal at duke games, besides the burning and looting after big wins
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    RW81233 wrote:
    i do love all the hatred from the rest of the league though :mrgreen:

Kind of funny that everyone hates a team that's gone 50 years without a championship so much. :?
    Really...do you have any idea how fun it is to HATE the cubs? And don't go around "being phiwwy" puking on kids, tipping shit over, slashing tires, throwing hot dogs at other team's fans, and being general menaces, and also start bitching that no one likes you. That's exactly why no one likes you.

you forgot killing each other
    RW81233 wrote:
    I just hate that philly fans want it both ways. yes they are passionate, and they are generally very knowledgable about their team, but they are also assholes. if you go back to the old board and look at what you guys said about wearing a gallardo jersey and not saying a word it backs this up. you said i deserved to have a hot dog thrown at me even though it hit a kid wearing phillies gear. wtf is that?

can't base a whole town on a few assholes and what some random people posted about it on a pj message board. that is idiotic. i have no idea who this gallardo person is anyway and have no idea what you're talking about.

for every incident that happens in philly, i can give more that happen in other towns. the guy who was almost beat to death in dodger stadium immediately springs to mind. :roll:

throwing a hot dog...get over it dude. :lol:

2 people have died at phils games in the last 2-3 years. then you have the common stuff like puking, tazing, etc.

shit does happen everywhere...it just happens more often in philly
    RW81233 wrote:
    i can also agree that some of the people sitting near us were nice...someone even said "dude i never even heard of this guy before you must be a fan" while his friends were taunting, but others were not so nice. juggs as far as the hot dog i'd be less upset if it hit me, but it hit another philly fan - that's not so cool. funny thing was it happened after lidge gave up a triple to braun in the top of the 9th. back then you guys were much more defeatist.

We still are defeatist. The Phillies thread is one dire prediction after another for the team with baseball's best record.

Last year at the NLCS 2 Giants fans were next to us - one is wearing a Barry Bonds Arizona St. jersey. These guys weren't shy either. Nobody did anything aside from some lighthearted verbal jabbing. I really can't think of a more obnoxious thing to wear on the road at a baseball game.

the giants and dodgers fans have both been annoying during recent playoff series in philly (much worse than yanks fans IMO). I think a lot of visiting fans come in with a chip on their shoulder. They know the philly fan's reputation, so they act overly douchy to try to prove that they're not scared. Not the best idea

I will throw out the occasional verbal jab, but I would never get physical. Lose-lose situation...you beat someone up and get arrested or you get your ass kicked and go to work on monday looking like an idiot. no thanks
    Ronnie Brown just signed :lol::lol:

He's just a name at this point. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets axed. This is turning into a fantasy football roster
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,365
    The Fixer wrote:

He's just a name at this point. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets axed. This is turning into a fantasy football roster

I was wondering if he was still any good (or ever was). He ran the wildcat right? :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:

I was wondering if he was still any good (or ever was). He ran the wildcat right? :lol:

when he wasn't hurt, he was solid. averaged 4.3 yards per carry for the career.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:

it's a nice signing imo. Don't expect much from him but he's better then anything else we had.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    i love ronnie brown as a back up. he's big and versatile. catches 30 balls or so a year. can play the wildcat which reid loves. one year deal. nice veteran presence behind mccoy. solid pick up.

really like these smaller moves they've made (brown, mathis, jenkins)
    www.myspace.com
    i love ronnie brown as a back up. he's big and versatile. catches 30 balls or so a year. can play the wildcat which reid loves. one year deal. nice veteran presence behind mccoy. solid pick up.

brown is a better option in the wildcat than chad hall :lol: . was always fun when ole chad got the ball inside the 5. I will miss those days about as much as I miss trigonometry class.

have I mentioned how much I despise the wildcat?

brown actually has a pretty good arm.

Agree 100%
    Go Birds!!!!

Agree 100%

don't forget johnny lee higgins. that dude is a beast on returns. he's my favorite under the radar signing they've made. though goodell is trying to all but eliminate special teams returns with his dumb rules
    The Fixer wrote:

Agree 100%

don't forget johnny lee higgins. that dude is a beast on returns. he's my favorite under the radar signing they've made. though goodell is trying to all but eliminate special teams returns with his dumb rules

you know there's a competition committee and the owners vote for rule changes right? the commisioner is not dictating these rules to teams :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

you know there's a competition committee and the owners vote for rule changes right? the commisioner is not dictating these rules to teams :lol:

he still has something to do with it. and everything else negative that goes on with this league.

same as blaming president/congress for nation's issues. hopefully the nation doesn't make the same mistake twice. I wish fans could elect the commissioner of sports leagues. Imagine the hilarity of that. Needs to happen

also, not sure how you can call jenkins a smaller move
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

he still has something to do with it. and everything else negative that goes on with this league.

same as blaming president/congress for nation's issues. hopefully the nation doesn't make the same mistake twice. I wish fans could elect the commissioner of sports leagues. Imagine the hilarity of that. Needs to happen

jenkins came 12 hours after landing nnamdi. not smaller---just completely under the radar.

there's a competition committee who listens to coaches, players, ex players, owners etc etc etc.....they propose the rule changes to the owners. the owners vote. that's how a rule change happens in the nfl. this one passed 26-0 with 6 teams abstaining.

not saying i like it...but that's how it's done.

.....who do you blame for the mess this country is in? :?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

jenkins came 12 hours after landing nnamdi. not smaller---just completely under the radar.

there's a competition committee who listens to coaches, players, ex players, owners etc etc etc.....they propose the rule changes to the owners. the owners vote. that's how a rule change happens in the nfl. this one passed 26-0 with 6 teams abstaining.

not saying i like it...but that's how it's done.

.....who do you blame for the mess this country is in? :?

I know about the stupid committee (pretty sure jeff fisher heads it up). goodell probably created it.

I'm too tired to get into a political thing. working on 3 hours sleep. all I will say is that the older I get the more I lean to the right (I'm a registered independent). I like to keep the money I earn for my personal use...not for public programs like welfare and crap. now...back to the task at hand, which is this team continuing to add talent
    i'm independent and lean to the right too....but i have news for you, they are all a bunch of unbelievable dopes. right and left. all of them. the republican presidential field is an utter embarrasment.

this country is devoid of leaders.
    www.myspace.com
    i'm independent and lean to the right too....but i have news for you, they are all a bunch of unbelievable dopes. right and left. all of them. the republican presidential field is an utter embarrasment.

unfortunately I agree. where's jeb bush these days (kidding, kidding).

every time I get a commission check I look to see how far the next election is. sadly, not much to look forward to there. fucking dems
    The Fixer wrote:

unfortunately I agree. where's jeb bush these days (kidding, kidding).

every time I get a commission check I look to see how far the next election is. sadly, not much to look forward to there. fucking dems

yeah....this all didn't start in 2009 though.

i hear ya though.
    www.myspace.com
    We are so well rounded in these parts.

Tune in for Wednesday's topic...Philly Fans Favorite Recipes
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    smoked fish, with a side of met, all yours for just a pence.
    I don't know how they are affording all of these guys. Don't know anything about this guy, but it sounds like a smart signing. Doesn't sound like Justice is gonna be ready for STL...and I guess they prefer not to move herremans.

The Philadelphia Eagles still aren’t done making moves.

Free agent offensive tackle Ryan Harris, formerly of the Broncos, has signed with the Eagles.

Although Harris isn’t the kind of big-name signing that has earned the Eagles the “Dream Team” (or “all-hype team“) label, he’s a solid addition to the offensive line. His signing in Philadelphia will be disappointing to the Broncos, who were hoping to re-sign him.

Harris has played his entire four-year career with the Broncos, starting 34 games in the last three years.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    God damn the Eagles are making some moves. I wish I could say the same for the Bears.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I don't know how they are affording all of these guys. Don't know anything about this guy, but it sounds like a smart signing. Doesn't sound like Justice is gonna be ready for STL...and I guess they prefer not to move herremans.

Free agent offensive tackle Ryan Harris, formerly of the Broncos, has signed with the Eagles.

Although Harris isn’t the kind of big-name signing that has earned the Eagles the “Dream Team” (or “all-hype team“) label, he’s a solid addition to the offensive line. His signing in Philadelphia will be disappointing to the Broncos, who were hoping to re-sign him.

Harris has played his entire four-year career with the Broncos, starting 34 games in the last three years.

my head is spinning.

the only thing about bringing all these guys in is how short an amount of time they have to get acclimated to a new system.

this is pretty fucking amazing.
    www.myspace.com
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    The Fixer wrote:

I think Ryan Harris is the dude that was on MTV Real Life trying to make weight for Notre Dame. Then he was on OTL talking about being a Muslim at a Catholic School, seems like an interesting dude.
    patrick willis? :o :shock: :shock:

no!!!! .......there's no way this happens. right? right? :?
    www.myspace.com

What are u smoking????
    Go Birds!!!!

Earlier today I heard him or DJ williams

thought it was too crazy to post
    The Fixer wrote:

Earlier today I heard him or DJ williams

thought it was too crazy to post
    For Asante???
    Go Birds!!!!
This discussion has been closed.