THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,368
    RW81233 wrote:
    i do love all the hatred from the rest of the league though :mrgreen:

Kind of funny that everyone hates a team that's gone 50 years without a championship so much. :?
    Really...do you have any idea how fun it is to HATE the cubs? And don't go around "being phiwwy" puking on kids, tipping shit over, slashing tires, throwing hot dogs at other team's fans, and being general menaces, and also start bitching that no one likes you. That's exactly why no one likes you.

Oh yeah, here we go with the horrible Philly fans thing, because that shit doesn't happen anywhere else. :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    dude i've been to philly for 7 PJ shows, 3 phillies games (including game 1 of the 2007 NLDS), and you guys are fucking crazy. you're like the kid who gets caught stealing and says well everyone else is doing it.
    Must be f-up to only be able to pick on my spelling. I'm actually in the NW so I've heard all the crying about that SB many times over. Not really even fair to compare Pittsburgh sports teams with Phillies. Even the lowly Pirates have more WS than the Phillies.

I never compared the teams, I am comparing the fans. As you say, the Stealers (still misspelling intentionally) 6 championships blow away the Eagles 3 and the Pirates 5 WS kill the Phillies 2. That doesn't have anything to do with their fans being a bunch of douchebags.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    RW81233 wrote:
    dude i've been to philly for 7 PJ shows, 3 phillies games (including game 1 of the 2007 NLDS), and you guys are fucking crazy. you're like the kid who gets caught stealing and says well everyone else is doing it.

You just come on other teams' threads because your own teams don't have one (I don't even know who your football team is) and perpetuate old stereotypes, like this and the Boston racist thing. Go get a life.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RW81233 wrote:
    81 are you not hating them because they came together the "right way"...you know letting the "bosses" figure it out, because "bosses" know best ;)

if they start acting like douche bags, than yes.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RW81233 wrote:

You just come on other teams' threads because your own teams don't have one (I don't even know who your football team is) and perpetuate old stereotypes, like this and the Boston racist thing. Go get a life.

Dallas

rw is fraudulent like that. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RW81233 wrote:
    do you have any idea how fun it is to HATE the cubs?

actually, i do know. :lol:

they have the dumbest fans. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    so the hotdog that came flying by my head and hit the poor 16 year old in the ear in the 2007 NLDS is an old stereotype? Or the dudes that started trying to pick fights with me in the bathroom for wearing a Gallardo t-shirt? Or the dudes that got in my face on the walk back to my car are an old stereotype? what about the assholes taunting yankees and giants fans during the Spectrum shows in '09? things cleaned up in 2 years? please.

i accept that the cowboys fans suck at life. it comes with the territory of rooting for them.
    RW81233 wrote:
    so the hotdog that came flying by my head and hit the poor 16 year old in the ear in the 2007 NLDS is an old stereotype? Or the dudes that started trying to pick fights with me in the bathroom for wearing a Gallardo t-shirt? Or the dudes that got in my face on the walk back to my car are an old stereotype? what about the assholes taunting yankees and giants fans during the Spectrum shows in '09? things cleaned up in 2 years? please.

i accept that the cowboys fans suck at life. it comes with the territory of rooting for them.

Ryan Howard

seemed like a good time to toss his name out there
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I just hate that philly fans want it both ways. yes they are passionate, and they are generally very knowledgable about their team, but they are also assholes. if you go back to the old board and look at what you guys said about wearing a gallardo jersey and not saying a word it backs this up. you said i deserved to have a hot dog thrown at me even though it hit a kid wearing phillies gear. wtf is that?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,530
    I used to like them as PAs NFC team but thier fans are such (explicative deleted) I just can't find it anywhere in me to support them anymore.

Paper champions is all they are and I'll wager they don't even make the SB. Probably end with another playoff choke. It's in thier DNA.

wow you're gonna wager against a team making the super bowl. :o

going out on a limb there huh? :lol:
    How about this jeags? If you're paying so much attention to my avatar changes then you know I'm a Steelers fan, $20 staight up that Pittsburgh has a better record than Philly this year? In case of a tie whoever advances farther in the playoffs. Certainly going out on a limb there because Philly looks great on paper.

quite possibly. let's see how things look in a month from now after all line up changes and preseason games are mostly done though.
    www.myspace.com
    you should be heckled for wearing an opposing player's jersey/shirt to a playoff game, regardless of sport.

nothing physical of course.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RW81233 wrote:

I assume you mean 2008. You and T-Mac can't get those years straight.

I had fights picked with me at a Flyers v Penguins game.

Yea, there are plenty of idiots around here. And around everywhere else. Every Phila incident gets magnified ridiculously, and shit anywhere else gets blown off. (the poor Giants fan in LA and the Vancouver riot are the first times I can remember another city's situation being focused on in forever)

Sports is quite passionate around here, and that is sometimes misdirected.

Cowboys fan. Figures. :roll: Sorry the 20th century is over. :lol:

RW81233 wrote:

Yea, there are plenty of idiots around here. And around everywhere else. Every Phila incident gets magnified ridiculously, and shit anywhere else gets blown off. (the poor Giants fan in LA and the Vancouver riot are the first times I can remember another city's situation being focused on in forever)

KC vs. White Sox "fan" attacking a coach?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    RW81233 wrote:

it happens everywhere dude. don't make it seem like it's only Philly. Dodgers fans beat a Giants fan into a coma. Cleveland Browns fan tackled like a 7 year old in the parking lot last year. stop trying to insinuate it only happens here.

as for taunting yankees fans when the man on stage is leading some cheers and taunts hard for the other 17,000 not to join in. and the same would happen in ny if the roles were reversed.

and in a perfect world you should be able to wear a jersey to a road game, but at this point anyone that does it is just looking for attention and/or stupid. and asks Juggler on here he will confirm that i don't get the whole wearing a jersey in the 1st place, let alone on a road game. oh and i've been to many road games in my life, there is a way to act without drawing attention to yourself.
    RW81233 wrote:
    I just hate that philly fans want it both ways. yes they are passionate, and they are generally very knowledgable about their team, but they are also assholes. if you go back to the old board and look at what you guys said about wearing a gallardo jersey and not saying a word it backs this up. you said i deserved to have a hot dog thrown at me even though it hit a kid wearing phillies gear. wtf is that?

can't base a whole town on a few assholes and what some random people posted about it on a pj message board. that is idiotic. i have no idea who this gallardo person is anyway and have no idea what you're talking about.

for every incident that happens in philly, i can give more that happen in other towns. the guy who was almost beat to death in dodger stadium immediately springs to mind. :roll:

throwing a hot dog...get over it dude. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

Ryan Howard

seemed like a good time to toss his name out there

:lol::lol:

I'm so sick of the whole Philly fan crap. I'm a Philly fan, have been for years, and I have never ONCE been disrespectful to a visiting fan. Quite frankly, I'm the opposite, I usually talk to the fans from out of state.

So anyone that lumps an entire city of fans into one categorical type of fan, doesn't know what he's talking about.
    What typically happens is a fan of whatever visiting team (usually Cowboys, this past weekend Pirates actually) blatantly goads everyone around him or her (yes her - the Pirates fan) and creates a scene. Then probably goes on the internet talking about how abused they were.

Seriously, a hot dog. Come on. Maybe the Phanatic shot it from a cannon.

Jeags, Gallardo is a good Brewers pitcher, in case you weren't joking.

Ok, this topic is extremely tired. Moving on...

RW81233 wrote:

the media magnification i can agree with if you can agree that there's something different about going to your average philly game versus your average game elsewhere. or for that matter pearl jam show.
    RW81233 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

the media magnification i can agree with if you can agree that there's something different about going to your average philly game versus your average game elsewhere. or for that matter pearl jam show.

no i don't agree with this.

name me an average city. i bet i can google multiple incidents
    www.myspace.com
    you could always try oakland..i hear the raiders fans are the sweetest.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

Tampa Bay
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i can also agree that some of the people sitting near us were nice...someone even said "dude i never even heard of this guy before you must be a fan" while his friends were taunting, but others were not so nice. juggs as far as the hot dog i'd be less upset if it hit me, but it hit another philly fan - that's not so cool. funny thing was it happened after lidge gave up a triple to braun in the top of the 9th. back then you guys were much more defeatist.
    pjhawks wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

it happens everywhere dude. don't make it seem like it's only Philly. Dodgers fans beat a Giants fan into a coma. Cleveland Browns fan tackled like a 7 year old in the parking lot last year. stop trying to insinuate it only happens here.

as for taunting yankees fans when the man on stage is leading some cheers and taunts hard for the other 17,000 not to join in. and the same would happen in ny if the roles were reversed.

and in a perfect world you should be able to wear a jersey to a road game, but at this point anyone that does it is just looking for attention and/or stupid. and asks Juggler on here he will confirm that i don't get the whole wearing a jersey in the 1st place, let alone on a road game. oh and i've been to many road games in my life, there is a way to act without drawing attention to yourself.
    yes wear a gallardo jersey sit next to your friend and don't cheer or clap when your team does well. that's what i did, swear to god. also i've never said that other places don't have their problems, philly is just a bit more crazy on the crazy scale. or how about this you have normal fans (which most of you are), and a few more crazies than most other places.
    RW81233 wrote:
    i can also agree that some of the people sitting near us were nice...someone even said "dude i never even heard of this guy before you must be a fan" while his friends were taunting, but others were not so nice. juggs as far as the hot dog i'd be less upset if it hit me, but it hit another philly fan - that's not so cool. funny thing was it happened after lidge gave up a triple to braun in the top of the 9th. back then you guys were much more defeatist.

We still are defeatist. The Phillies thread is one dire prediction after another for the team with baseball's best record.

Last year at the NLCS 2 Giants fans were next to us - one is wearing a Barry Bonds Arizona St. jersey. These guys weren't shy either. Nobody did anything aside from some lighthearted verbal jabbing. I really can't think of a more obnoxious thing to wear on the road at a baseball game.

RW81233 wrote:
    or how about this you have normal fans (which most of you are), and a few more crazies than most other places.

Fine, can we move on?

P.S. i went to college park so i've tried giving your side of the argument, but the crazy argument exists for a reason....Maryland kids burn shit when they win.

J.A. fair enough
    rw has nightmares of this guy every night:

HotDogManRN.gif
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

Tampa Bay

i need a city that actually attends games :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    RW81233 wrote:
    P.S. i went to college park so i've tried giving your side of the argument, but the crazy argument exists for a reason....Maryland kids burn shit when they win.

J.A. fair enough

Should I go to the Temple/MD football games this year in my Owls garb??? :P

This discussion has been closed.