THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• Nnamdi, DRC, Babin, Cole.

Vick, Maclin, McCoy, Avant, Celek, Fraction.

This team is sick.

I'd expect Asante to get traded for a quality LB, which is the Eagles' biggest need right now. Funny how 3 days ago, the biggest need was Philly's secondary. HA! Best in the league by far. I'm more excited by DRC, Nnamdi, and poss. Samuel than I was in '08 with Brown, Sheppard, and Samuel.

Now, we need a great LB.

Sickness.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    crazypjfan wrote:
    The pressure is on. It's Superbowl or bust!

Good luck! :mrgreen:

Not true at all. Still have one of the youngest teams in the NFL. This team should be good for a long time. Andy Reid is a genius
    birds just signed cullen jenkins!! holy fuck. I'm guessing samuel is definitely getting traded now. or bunkley

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-jenkins/
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,532
    i jizzed my pants when yesterday's news was texted to me. then i shit my pants when the phils got pence.

still some moves to be made (lb...rt scares me still). but folks, THIS IS IT. this is the year. remember '04? this is gonna be like that. now with jenkins, this team is fucking loaded. giddy up.

ALL.
    IN.
    www.myspace.com
    i jizzed my pants when yesterday's news was texted to me. then i shit my pants when the phils got pence.

still some moves to be made (lb...rt scares me still). but folks, THIS IS IT. this is the year. remember '04? this is gonna be like that. now with jenkins, this team is fucking loaded. giddy up.

ALL.
    IN.

I think they are gonna land tulloch too. just have to clear some cap space.

fucking awesome
    2 parades down broad street by next february.

BANG. DONE.
    www.myspace.com
    crazypjfan wrote:

Finally, the focus isnt on the Cowboys ...

pressure is definitely on and i loooooooove it.

gotta think birds and then the pack will be odds on favorites to get to the sb.
    www.myspace.com
    crazypjfan wrote:

Finally, the focus isnt on the Cowboys ...

pressure is definitely on and i loooooooove it.

gotta think birds and then the pack will be odds on favorites to get to the sb.

philly, gb, atlanta, no. those are the preseason NFC contenders IMO

that edwards contract seems like a great deal for ATL
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Plex should be here soon Ike reese tweeted and Bunkley to Cle for a 5th.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Plex should be here soon Ike reese tweeted and Bunkley to Cle for a 5th.

what a fucking whirlwind this week has been. kinda wish every off season was crammed into 10 days or so. :mrgreen:

apparently maclin has lost 20 pounds due to mono. that combined with d jack's situation (birds do not like dealing with hold outs) makes me think plaxico might be more likely now....especially since players are now referring to the eagles as the "dream team." :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Are we talking about burress? not sure who plex is. jammin's posts can be tough to decipher

honestly burress is one guy I don't think they really need
    The Fixer wrote:
    Are we talking about burress? not sure who plex is. jammin's posts can be tough to decipher

Mine are tough to read your's are wrong, so were even :)
    Go Birds!!!!
    bunkley...another birds 1st rounder that didn't pan out. kinda sad to see him go for just a 5th round pick. i was pissed we didn't trade up for ngata in 06 (went 1 spot ahead of bunk)...still bugs me to this day. oh well. onward and upward.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

Mine are tough to read your's are wrong, so were even :)

what are you talking about dude?
    bunkley...another birds 1st rounder that didn't pan out. kinda sad to see him go for just a 5th round pick. i was pissed we didn't trade up for ngata in 06 (went 1 spot ahead of bunk)...still bugs me to this day. oh well. onward and upward.

I liked the bunkley pick at the time. that trade is a salary dump. I have no problem with it since they are brining in the better player.
    The Fixer wrote:

I liked the bunkley pick at the time.

i hated it. thought he was undersized. in jenkins they finally get a huge guy who can get to the qb and stuff the middle ala mr ngata. it's about time.
    www.myspace.com
    When they say all in,they mean all in!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

I liked the bunkley pick at the time.

i hated it. thought he was undersized. in jenkins they finally get a huge guy who can get to the qb and stuff the middle ala mr ngata. it's about time.

ngata is a much better athlete. he played rugby at oregon. bunkley was a monster at FSU

I never said I would have taken bunkley over ngata...just that I was happy the birds took a DT. I thought bunkley would be a good player for them. He was OK, but underwhelming for a first rounder
    Akeem Jordan resigned. And Fixer calm down the smile face was there killer!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

ngata is a much better athlete. he played rugby at oregon. bunkley was a monster at FSU

I never said I would have taken bunkley over ngata...just that I was happy the birds took a DT. I thought bunkley would be a good player for them. He was OK, but underwhelming for a first rounder

agreed. he was average at best.

i love the jenkins signing though. a 300 pd beast who can get after the qb. fucking love it.

on paper, the birds now possibly have the best d line and best trio of corners in the league.

if they don't add a lb (would not surprise me with how they regard that position) we're going to see a lot of 4-2 sets with all 3 corners in. lots of nickle. kinda makes sense when you consider how often teams come out with 3 and 4 wide these days.

9/11 can't come here fast enough
    www.myspace.com
    Like i said about 5-7 months ago i have a strange feeling about d-jax. I just don't see the Eagles paying him 10 mil a year. And i don't see him taking any less then 9 mill a year. Maybe they package Asante and D-Jax for Vincent jackson and a lb or good Pick. And before i here i'm nuts or looking way to deep I KNOW I AM.
    Go Birds!!!!
    you're nuts.
    www.myspace.com
    you're nuts.
    I understand that!!!! But so was my 5 to wash idea months before it happen. But this one is nuts i agree...
    Go Birds!!!!
    Citing a league source, the Charlotte Observer reports that the Panthers are interested in trading for Asante Samuel.
    The connection is obvious because Sean McDermott, new Panthers defensive coordinator, held the same role in Philly last year. McDermott has been collecting former Eagles, including LB Omar Gaither and S Sean Considine. If any team can take on Samuel's large base salaries and cap numbers, it's the Panthers, even after they re-signed so many of their pending free agents. Carolina also has a need at the position after losing Richard Marshall.
    Go Birds!!!!
    noel devine's eagles career lasted 4 days.
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Ahh. The birds look the Cowboys signing all these guys. The pressure is on and i predict a 9-7 season. Mark that down, paper champions! :mrgreen:

All kidding aside, I can't say enough how impressed I am with the Eagles front office this year. Great job! Should be an interesting season but I am still confident with this years outlook for the boys.
    noel devine's eagles career lasted 4 days.

not an nfl player

hopefully deion has a room to rent :lol:
    tamari's article today is phenomenal. i've gained a lot of respect for howie "the gambler" roseman and joe "nickels" banner in the last week :lol: this is a good read:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag ... page=1&c=y
    www.myspace.com
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Ahh. The birds look the Cowboys signing all these guys. The pressure is on and i predict a 9-7 season. Mark that down, paper champions! :mrgreen:

All kidding aside, I can't say enough how impressed I am with the Eagles front office this year. Great job! Should be an interesting season but I am still confident with this years outlook for the boys.

have the cowboys improved much from last year? :?

and don't just give me the healthy tony romo bs. they were 1-5 with him last year--or close to that.
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    crazypjfan wrote:

have the cowboys improved much from last year? :?

and don't just give me the healthy tony romo bs. they were 1-5 with him last year--or close to that.

The biggest improvement was getting a decent d coordinator. Other than that, they are just filling needs positions and not making rash decisions on players they don't need. They still have a ton of talent and will be very competitive this year. All we need now is a safety and we are all set. I'm hoping they resign Sensabaugh and get Elam...
This discussion has been closed.