THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,536
    The Fixer wrote:
    It better be more than just DRC. I don't think you trade a top 20 QB for a starting CB. Seems pretty lopsided to me

...top 20 :lol:

be nice to get a 3rd rounder. probably would have been easier to get that around draft time though.

drc, while not the protype corner i would prefer, represents a huge improvement over the slop we had at that position last year. he's still young and has a nice upside. it doesn't seem too lopsided to me, all things considered.
    Not my 1st choice either but i believe he'll be more then fine. When Ariz didn't suck he was damn good,i think he didn't care as much last year because they blew.[/quote]

..that's not really a trait you look for in a player :lol: ....i think it's true though. luckily the expectations for the birds are pretty, pretty high this year.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    It better be more than just DRC. I don't think you trade a top 20 QB for a starting CB. Seems pretty lopsided to me

be nice to get a 3rd rounder. probably would have been easier to get that around draft time though.

drc, while not the protype corner i would prefer, represents a huge improvement over the slop we had at that position last year. he's still young and has a nice upside. it doesn't seem too lopsided to me, all things considered.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find 20 better QBs. Think about it

given:
    romo
    manning
    manning
    roethlisberger
    rodgers
    brees
    vick
    brady
    cutler
    ryan
    flacco
    rivers
    schaub

debateable:
    bradford
    sanchez
    stafford

this is off top of my head so I'm probably missing some. my point is that there arent many good qbs in the NFL. kolb is in or close to the top 20. they shoudl get more than a CB that pees sitting down for him
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I think you'd be hard pressed to find 20 better QBs. Think about it

given:
    romo
    manning
    manning
    roethlisberger
    rodgers
    brees
    vick
    brady
    cutler
    ryan
    flacco
    rivers
    schaub

debateable:
    bradford
    sanchez
    stafford

this is off top of my head so I'm probably missing some. my point is that there arent many good qbs in the NFL. kolb is in or close to the top 20. they shoudl get more than a CB that pees sitting down for him

no i agree. he might be in upper echelon of lower tier qb's. i just think you might be overvaluing him. top 20 of 32 teams isn't a big compliment, especially if you think the talent level is low (which i disagree with).

but the bottom line is, he's had a few good games against sub par defenses. he also has thrown 11 touchdowns and turned the ball over 21 times and has a career 73% qb rating----lump that in with the fact the cards know we have to trade him or risk losing him for nothing and that makes me think it's not a bad deal. drc isn't some chump. he's a quality shut down corner.
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Like i said he's not my 1st choice,but i find it hard to believe anyone here has actually watched him on a consistent basis. There's no reason why he shouldn't come in here and be successful. I think he'll be alot better then Fixer thinks.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Like i said he's not my 1st choice,but i find it hard to believe anyone here has actually watched him on a consistent basis. There's no reason why he shouldn't come in here and be successful. I think he'll be alot better then Fixer thinks.

dimitri peterson started at righ corner for us in the playoffs last year. that's all you gotta know.

...i just wish we had someone other than juan castillo coaching these guys
    www.myspace.com

dimitri peterson started at righ corner for us in the playoffs last year. that's all you gotta know.

...i just wish we had someone other than juan castillo coaching these guys
    The dude from GB was a fire cracker,wish he got to interview.
    Go Birds!!!!
    no i agree. he might be in upper echelon of lower tier qb's. i just think you might be overvaluing him. top 20 of 32 teams isn't a big compliment, especially if you think the talent level is low (which i disagree with).

but the bottom line is, he's had a few good games against sub par defenses. he also has thrown 11 touchdowns and turned the ball over 21 times and has a career 73% qb rating----lump that in with the fact the cards know we have to trade him or risk losing him for nothing and that makes me think it's not a bad deal. drc isn't some chump. he's a quality shut down corner.

so you laughed when I said top 20, then you say you agree. ???

he's already top 20. kind of an unproven commodity since he hasn't had a real chance to play every week yet. there are plenty of teams that need a QB. DRC is a solid starter, but you don't trade QBs for CBs. They should be able to get more

kolb beat atlanta last year. they were better than any team vick beat. I think you underrated him. then again, you were scared of having mcnabb in the division last year, so you're not exactly andy reid when it comes to QB evaluation
    edited July 2011

all I do is watch football on the weekends (college and NFL). I will admit that I now watch more Red Zone than games on sunday if I'm not at my buddy's where there are 7-8 NFL games on at once.

I have seen him play plenty. He is one of the most athletic guys in the league. Makes samuel look like andre waters though. they need a CB. I'm fine with him being part of a deal, but I don't like a straight up trade
    The Fixer wrote:

he's already top 20. kind of an unproven commodity since he hasn't had a real chance to play every week yet. there are plenty of teams that need a QB. DRC is a solid starter, but you don't trade QBs for CBs. They should be able to get more

kolb beat atlanta last year. they were better than any team vick beat. I think you underrated him. then again, you were scared of having mcnabb in the division last year, so you're not exactly andy reid when it comes to QB evaluation
    Remember if Reid got a 3rd pick last year Vick was gone. It's not like he was some genius and thought Vick was good. He fell into his lap after Reid's starter got hurt.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

Remember if Reid got a 3rd pick last year Vick was gone. It's not like he was some genius and thought Vick was good. He fell into his lap after Reid's starter got hurt.

dude vick played the 2nd half of the first game and started every other game that he was healthy. he wasn't going anywhere.
    During the preseason and draft if we got offered anything he was gone,it was more then known.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

i laughed because you said "top 20" like it's a compliment. there's 32 starters in the league and i'm saying he might crack the top 20....or he could fall flat on his face :lol:

hey, if they can get more they surely will. that woud be great. i just think you see something in kolb not a lot of others see in him. 21 turnovers vs 14 touch downs is pretty telling to me.
    www.myspace.com
    During the preseason and draft if we got offered anything he was gone,it was more then known.

they wanted a first round pick for him. Even so, who cares? I didn't (and still don't) agree with reid's decision, but he was the guy that signed vick, dumped mcnabb, and now has kolb as a trade asset. All things considered he handled the scenario pretty fucking well
    The Fixer wrote:

they wanted a first round pick for him. Even so, who cares? I didn't (and still don't) agree with reid's decision, but he was the guy that signed vick, dumped mcnabb, and now has kolb as a trade asset. All things considered he handled the scenario pretty fucking well
    I wanted 5 gone more then anyone,loved Kolb and didn't care for Vick. I would have let Kolb play but i agree Reid made the right call. They wanted a 3rd pick that i'm sure of.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

i laughed because you said "top 20" like it's a compliment. there's 32 starters in the league and i'm saying he might crack the top 20....or he could fall flat on his face :lol:

hey, if they can get more they surely will. that woud be great. i just think you see something in kolb not a lot of others see in him. 21 turnovers vs 14 touch downs is pretty telling to me.

I don't think kolb's stats mean much. look at peyton manning's stats through his first 16 games. Irrelevant.

I'm not gonna say kolb is great or anything. I like him and I think he has a shot to be a winning QB if put in the right situation. With the dearth of QBs in the NFL I think the birds are operating from a position of power.

Econ 101...limited supply + high demand = increased price
    I think Kolb will be a good qb,i wish we didn't have to get rid of him. But Vick did show a shit load of skill and played amazing. Kolb to Fitz will be nasty for years.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I think Kolb will be a good qb,i wish we didn't have to get rid of him. But Vick did show a shit load of skill and played amazing. Kolb to Fitz will be nasty for years.

yeah man. like jeags said, they have to get rid of one of them. I'm fine with getting DRC in a package, but I think they're selling themselves short if he's all they get back.

I guess we'll know manana
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't think kolb's stats mean much. look at peyton manning's stats through his first 16 games. Irrelevant.

I'm not gonna say kolb is great or anything. I like him and I think he has a shot to be a winning QB if put in the right situation. With the dearth of QBs in the NFL I think the birds are operating from a position of power.

sorry i think you're completely off base. there is one, possibly two teams in the mix for kolb. the others who were in the mix drafted a qb in april. your econ 101 scenario would have worked 4 months ago, not now. they could have shopped him around to multiple teams back then and played them against each other. now, not. this is why i've been saying the lockout hurt the birds more than others

cards know we need to deal him or risk losing him for nothing. they know there are not many other suitors for him. plus with such a small amount of time to put together your team, they need to make a decision on kolb as early as possible because all of there subsequent moves revolve around what they get for him. i don't see the birds operating from a position of power.

with any luck, andy and the boys can pry a 3rd rounder or possibly a 2nd. shouldn't have to wait too long to find out :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    good luck to david akers. time to move on but the dude was a rock for years here when a lot of teams have a revolving door at kicker.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

sorry i think you're completely off base. there is one, possibly two teams in the mix for kolb. the others who were in the mix drafted a qb in april. your econ 101 scenario would have worked 4 months ago, not now. they could have shopped him around to multiple teams back then and played them against each other. now, not. this is why i've been saying the lockout hurt the birds more than others

cards know we need to deal him or risk losing him for nothing. they know there are not many other suitors for him. plus with such a small amount of time to put together your team, they need to make a decision on kolb as early as possible because all of there subsequent moves revolve around what they get for him. i don't see the birds operating from a position of power.

with any luck, andy and the boys can pry a 3rd rounder or possibly a 2nd. shouldn't have to wait too long to find out :mrgreen:

all it takes is two or three teams to bid against each other. I get that they would have had more of a market at the draft, but there are still teams desperate for a QB (SF, Ariz, Seattle, DC).

I think I made my point. we'll see what happens
    good luck to david akers. time to move on but the dude was a rock for years here when a lot of teams have a revolving door at kicker.

He spoke at a conference my company was hosting a few years back. Stand up dude. He sat around and told some cool stories while he posed for pics and stuff.

Kinda sucks but I will remember him as much for his playoff misses (Arizona and GB) than I will for his great career here.

I think the birds are in good hands with Alex Henry. He was a monster at nebraska
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

all it takes is two or three teams to bid against each other. I get that they would have had more of a market at the draft, but there are still teams desperate for a QB (SF, Ariz, Seattle, DC).

I think I made my point. we'll see what happens

sf traded up to draft a qb
    washington seems set with what they have and wouldn't trade with us 2 years in a row.
    seattle is the only other team possibly in the mix. they might be the reason we're able to squeeze a 3rd rounder from the cards.

what exactly would you expect to get for kevin kolb? :?
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    It's gonna be tough for any team trading for Kolb since he most likely won't be able to practice with the new team until Aug. 4th. The lockout is really gonna hurt the teams with a lot of free agents(Saints) or those trading for a qb. I see this as a big reason why the Eagles won't get as much as some of you are thinking for Kolb....
    crazypjfan wrote:
    It's gonna be tough for any team trading for Kolb since he most likely won't be able to practice with the new team until Aug. 4th. The lockout is really gonna hurt the teams with a lot of free agents(Saints) or those trading for a qb. I see this as a big reason why the Eagles won't get as much as some of you are thinking for Kolb....

i think 8/4 is just for free agents, not trades. but that is a good point.

i honestly would be surprised if this cards deal is not completed right now. kolb was looking at houses out there recently. both kolb and drc are talking like it is a done deal almost to the point where it seems tampering was blatently obvious. reid's a smart guy. he knows the birds need to get this done right away.
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    crazypjfan wrote:

i think 8/4 is just for free agents, not trades. but that is a good point.

It is, but it may affect trades if the new team decides to redo his contract.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... sibly-kolb
    washington seems set with what they have and wouldn't trade with us 2 years in a row.
    seattle is the only other team possibly in the mix. they might be the reason we're able to squeeze a 3rd rounder from the cards.

DC has john beck and rex grossman as their QBs right now. That's even worse than last year. If the birds offered kolb they would have to be interested.

DRC and a 2. Or a 1 and 2/3.
    The Fixer wrote:

DC has john beck and rex grossman as their QBs right now. That's even worse than last year. If the birds offered kolb they would have to be interested.

And Santonio Holmes might end up there :lol: Why any Wr would wanna go there blows my mind. There qb's make Sanchez look like Marino.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

the redskins are not interested dude...if they were i don't know they have anything the eagles would want.

drc and a 2nd would be great. let's hope that happens. i think a 3rd is more likely.

1st and a 2nd does the eagles no good this year. that would have been something they would have gotten in april. this is another reason why they aren't operating from a position of power. the whole league knows they have holes to fill for this year and intend to fill one of them through the kolb trade.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

the redskins are not interested dude...if they were i don't know they have anything the eagles would want.

drc and a 2nd would be great. let's hope that happens. i think a 3rd is more likely.

1st and a 2nd does the eagles no good this year. that would have been something they would have gotten in april. this is another reason why they aren't operating from a position of power. the whole league knows they have holes to fill for this year and intend to fill one of them through the kolb trade.

picks for next year just allows them more money to sign free agents this year.

what do you guys think of portis as a backup? always loved the way that guy played. hard nosed. If harrison leaves as expected I wouldn't mind portis
    MCGAHEE got released. I'd like Harrison back or bwest.
    Go Birds!!!!
This discussion has been closed.