THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:
    I keep seeing the eagles rumored to Ike Taylor. I like him...big, physical player. DRC is not the dude I want. They should get more for kolb
    There were rumored to looking into Ike. But if this trade goes thru for DRC then obviously not. DRC is young and talented i wouldn't mind giving him a shot.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I'd rather have Ike cause he's more physical,but i think he'd cost more then DRC will. He's got 1yr left then he's a free agent. I'd assume that we'd have to sign him to a contract before the deal would be finalized.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,536
    somewhere around 500 free agents will be signed in about a week to 10 days.

that is nuts.
    I think it's crazy nnandi is gonna get close to 19 a year. If Det gets any of the 3 good cb's out there and there offense stays healthy they could be real real nasty.

i have a feeling dallas signs asomgue (however the fuck you spell that)
    www.myspace.com
    somewhere around 500 free agents will be signed in about a week to 10 days.

that is nuts.
    I think it's crazy nnandi is gonna get close to 19 a year. If Det gets any of the 3 good cb's out there and there offense stays healthy they could be real real nasty.

i have a feeling dallas signs asomgue (however the fuck you spell that)
    I don't think so,i think Hou has to pony up for him.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I'd rather have Ike cause he's more physical,but i think he'd cost more then DRC will. He's got 1yr left then he's a free agent. I'd assume that we'd have to sign him to a contract before the deal would be finalized.

Taylor is a free agent. He won't cost them anything and he's a much better player than DRC
    The Fixer wrote:

Taylor is a free agent. He won't cost them anything and he's a much better player than DRC
    DRC has 1 yr left.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

DRC has 1 yr left.

Oh, gotcha. I'd rather them trade kolb for picks and sign taylor.

We'll see what happens if this gay lockout ever ends.
    Babin,plex,a good cb any of the 3 out there or DRC and Albert and i think were the favs to win it all.
    Go Birds!!!!
    This will make the fixer even happier if DRC comes here. I heard earlier he lead the league last year in missed tackles. Meaning cb's that made contact with an off player with the ball at any time he tackled the worst :lol:
    Although i'd prefer there safety Wilson, DRC and a 2nd would be hard to pass on.
    Go Birds!!!!
    This will make the fixer even happier if DRC comes here. I heard earlier he lead the league last year in missed tackles. Meaning cb's that made contact with an off player with the ball at any time he tackled the worst :lol:
    Although i'd prefer there safety Wilson, DRC and a 2nd would be hard to pass on.

I love me some adrian wilson. Definitely worried about the eagles starting two young safeties. Still keeping my fingers crossed that mikell isn't back though.

DRC plays like a big, wet pussy. I'm not a fan. Those bubble screens would kill the birds...that's all dallas did in the playoff game 2 years ago. One step drop, fire...make the CB man up and make a tackle in space. Eagles would see that all year with those two softies on each side
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    Why would any team give up anything valuable for Kolb? I know he hasn't been given much of a chance but has he done anything worthwhile?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Why would any team give up anything valuable for Kolb? I know he hasn't been given much of a chance but has he done anything worthwhile?

with the exception of the opener vs a good GB team last year, he played pretty well when he has been on the field. he's not a superstar, but I think a team can win with him as their QB. he reminds me of romo

I don't understand why you'd trade a QB (with potential to start games) straight up for a CB.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

with the exception of the opener vs a good GB team last year, he played pretty well when he has been on the field. he's not a superstar, but I think a team can win with him as their QB. he reminds me of romo

I don't understand why you'd trade a QB (with potential to start games) straight up for a CB.

I guess, you see him more than I do so you're probably right. I just don't get the fascnination with him.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Matt Schaub is the best comparsion for Kolb. He went for alot and had even less of a track record then Kolb.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Matt Schaub is the best comparsion for Kolb. He went for alot and had even less of a track record then Kolb.

cassell too.

gotta get more than DRC
    The Fixer wrote:

I love me some adrian wilson. Definitely worried about the eagles starting two young safeties. Still keeping my fingers crossed that mikell isn't back though.

DRC plays like a big, wet pussy. I'm not a fan. Those bubble screens would kill the birds...that's all dallas did in the playoff game 2 years ago. One step drop, fire...make the CB man up and make a tackle in space. Eagles would see that all year with those two softies on each side

I know he was good his 1st 2 years and had a down 3rd year. I can't say i watched him enough to have an honest stance. I know he's thought in very high regards minus his tackling. He was a punt returner if i remember correctly as well. like i said yesterday if we get Babin and Haynesworth then bubble screens won't worry me cause will be gettn alot of pressure of the d-line. We can then let the lb's and safties help out without worry cause u have 2 good cb's.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

I know he was good his 1st 2 years and had a down 3rd year. I can't say i watched him enough to have an honest stance. I know he's thought in very high regards minus his tackling. He was a punt returner if i remember correctly as well. like i said yesterday if we get Babin and Haynesworth then bubble screens won't worry me cause will be gettn alot of pressure of the d-line. We can then let the lb's and safties help out without worry cause u have 2 good cb's.

QB pressure doesn't effect bubble screens since they are a one step drop. You need guys willing to play press coverage, which these two vageens don't do

we'll see what happens. this is all speculation at this point. there's still a high probability that goodell fucks things up even further
    edited July 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

i like taylor. he's more of a sheldon brown type corner who's not afaid to mix it up.

upside to drc is that he's only 25. pro bowler a couple years ago. guy's got the potential to be a solid shut down corner for many years in this league and will be an enormous upgrade over dimitri pig-slop peterson. but jammin's right though--he lead corners in missed tackles last year. we'd have two of the best shut down corners in the game but they can't tackle worth shit. no worries. i'm sure juan castillo will coach them up. :roll: :lol: ....i'd rather have his cousin.

andy reid loves building his defense around guys like drc. small and quick, regardless of their tackling abilities.

somewhere jim johnson has a menacing scowl on his face.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I guess, you see him more than I do so you're probably right. I just don't get the fascnination with him.

judging by the rumors of what's being offered for him right now, it appears the rest of the league agrees with you.......he's put up some decent numbers against some bad defenses in the few games he's started. he turns the ball over a lot. he can get the ball out pretty quick. doesn't have a good arm. but i think if he's in the right system, he can be a halfway decent qb in this league.

this is where the lockout really hurt the eagles. they could have gotten a lot more for him before or during the draft.

that said, drc straight up is a starting point. i'd bet the birds get a 3rd or a 2nd along with him for kolb.
    www.myspace.com
    Babin,plex,a good cb any of the 3 out there or DRC and Albert and i think were the favs to win it all.

give up on plaxico...he's gonna more $ than the birds are willing to shell out. they have more important needs on defense anyway

ray edwards and charles johnson are two other, younger, alternatives to babin. mclane had a good article this morning and mentioned them.

i'd love to see ray edwards in midnight green. i think i prefer him over babin actually,...
    www.myspace.com

give up on plaxico...he's gonna more $ than the birds are willing to shell out. they have more important needs on defense anyway

ray edwards and charles johnson are two other, younger, alternatives to babin. mclane had a good article this morning and mentioned them.

i'd love to see ray edwards in midnight green. i think i prefer him over babin actually,...

I here ya but Plex wants to win and stick it to NY. I firmly believe he'll sign here for a 1yr deal with alot of incentives. I heard him with Brian Baldy about 3 weeks ago and he wants to play with VICK bad. He said he'd take less money to come here. I heard those words come out of his mouth. I'd make a little wager with u that's how much i think he's a done deal.

I'm not sold on Edwards he had 2 of the best interior tackles and Prob a top 2 DE on the other side of him. Johnson intrigues me alot but i think both of these guys will cost alot more then Babin.
    Go Birds!!!!

yeah, I like ray edwards too.

as for DRC, I don't think he's small. isn't he like 6'3? he's just a pussy. anything would be better than patterson. he got his chance last year and proved he's a dime guy/special teamer

I could care less about plaxico too. I think riley cooper is decent. and he can play specials where plax couldn't

I here ya but Plex wants to win and stick it to NY. I firmly believe he'll sign here for a 1yr deal with alot of incentives. I heard him with Brian Baldy about 3 weeks ago and he wants to play with VICK bad. He said he'd take less money to come here. I heard those words come out of his mouth. I'd make a little wager with u that's how much i think he's a done deal.

I'm not sold on Edwards he had 2 of the best interior tackles and Prob a top 2 DE on the other side of him. Johnson intrigues me alot but i think both of these guys will cost alot more then Babin.

he could stick it to the giants by going to the jets too. they need a reciever.

the other thing about him is he has the same agent as desean jackson who will be looking for a contract once the lockout's done. that is a weird dynamic. i don't see it happening. as far as needs go, 3rd or 4th reciever is down the list for me.

if edwards comes here, he'll have trent cole on the other side. tackles, once dixon was inserted last year, were decent. add a haynesworth and that line will be stellar.
    www.myspace.com

he could stick it to the giants by going to the jets too. they need a reciever.

the other thing about him is he has the same agent as desean jackson who will be looking for a contract once the lockout's done. that is a weird dynamic. i don't see it happening. as far as needs go, 3rd or 4th reciever is down the list for me.

if edwards comes here, he'll have trent cole on the other side. tackles, once dixon was inserted last year, were decent. add a haynesworth and that line will be stellar.

stop agreeing with me. this isn't fun being on the same page :D

washburn should help the line as well.

I stopped following the labor negotiations months ago...just couldn't take it anymore. I'd be lying if I wasn't getting excited about the season starting though (mostly for the gambling, but still). labor day is something like 6 weeks away
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    good article on Grantland.com about NFL Free Agency - although it does dispel some of the names you guys are throwing around.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/678 ... -meet-hell
    moving to cover 2 it seems as reid wants to dumb down the defense for juan and his players...

but usually cover 2 defenses have corners who aren't afraid to hit and tackle, they have a lb who can contain the tight end running free over the middle with the safeties playing so deep, and a line that can get to the qb without blitzing. lot of pressure on the safeties too and ours are young and inexperienced.....hmm. lot of work to do in a very short amount of time, juan.
    www.myspace.com
    sal pal says kolb is looking for houses in az...
    www.myspace.com
    sal pal says kolb is looking for houses in az...
    I'd laugh if he went to seattle.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
This discussion has been closed.