THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    brandon graham to have microfracture surgery on his knee. gonna miss at least half a season, possibly more.

i liked the pick at the time....but it's turning out to be a bust at this point. this is the same kind of surgery abiamiri never could recover from.

sucks.

I wanted earl thomas, who was awesome last year
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,536
    The Fixer wrote:
    brandon graham to have microfracture surgery on his knee. gonna miss at least half a season, possibly more.

i liked the pick at the time....but it's turning out to be a bust at this point. this is the same kind of surgery abiamiri never could recover from.

sucks.

yeah. he was certainly a fan favorite.

no worries, we drafted a kid from temple at saftey this year though. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

sucks.

yeah. he was certainly a fan favorite.

no worries, we drafted a kid from temple at saftey this year though. :lol:

yeah, seriously.

to reid's credit, he has been pretty good at hitting on high round secondary picks...lito, brown, lewis (for a few years anyway). Are they really the only top 3 round secondary guys reid has drafted??? I have to be missing some others. macho harris was 4th round I believe. mikell was undrafted I think.
    well....there was nate allen last year. i still think he can be decent.

but then you have:
    quinten demps
    macho
    jack ikegquoano
    matt ware
    jr reed

i think they were all 4th or higher.
    www.myspace.com

but then you have:
    quinten demps
    macho
    jack ikegquoano
    matt ware
    jr reed

I dont think you can be penalized for anything after the 3rd. The fourth round is generally where the birds like to take chances on guys...ikeguano is a perfect example of that.

JR Reed was pretty good before he tried to jump a fence :roll:

I get mad every time Matt Ware's name is mentioned. He actually may have been a 3rd rounder
    The Fixer wrote:

but then you have:
    quinten demps
    macho
    jack ikegquoano
    matt ware
    jr reed

I dont think you can be penalized for anything after the 3rd. The fourth round is generally where the birds like to take chances on guys...ikeguano is a perfect example of that.

JR Reed was pretty good before he tried to jump a fence :roll:

I get mad every time Matt Ware's name is mentioned. He actually may have been a 3rd rounder

you can find some decent players in the 4th round. but generally i agree. my only point was the success with drafting corners and safteys happened in just one draft, 8 years ago, with a different coaching staff/talent evaluaters.

matt ware was definitely a 3rd rounder. awful pick. his only claim to fame was returning that missed kick back against the chargers for a td.....that was the game were the fire alarm went off. only a few years after 9/11. for a few minutes nobody knew what the hell was happening. fucking weird.
    www.myspace.com
    I am really hoping that these vince young rumors are BS
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:
    I am really hoping that these vince young rumors are BS
    Me too.
    Go Birds!!!!
    i don't see vince young coming here. nothing surprises me with this team anymore though.

adam caplan, on sports final last night, mentioned bruce gradkowski, tyler thigpen, and someone else who i can't remember.

wouldn't mind thigpen as a backup. and, jamming we talked about this, i wouldn't be surprised if reid did talk to his old friend bret once we get closer to september. reid's so thorough, wouldn't shock me if they've already talked.

oh, and i doubt plaxico comes to philly.

heard they're setting up the stands at lehigh. getting closer! :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    i don't see vince young coming here. nothing surprises me with this team anymore though.

adam caplan, on sports final last night, mentioned bruce gradkowski, tyler thigpen, and someone else who i can't remember.

wouldn't mind thigpen as a backup. and, jamming we talked about this, i wouldn't be surprised if reid did talk to his old friend bret once we get closer to september. reid's so thorough, wouldn't shock me if they've already talked.

I used to think thigpen was OK, but he was atrocious in miami. I think he is a good fit for reid's offense though. I'd take him over favre.

can you imagine vick and favre as the QBs? jesus, that would be a circus
    The Fixer wrote:

I used to think thigpen was OK, but he was atrocious in miami. I think he is a good fit for reid's offense though. I'd take him over favre.

yeah that will make for an interesting year. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah that will make for an interesting year. :mrgreen:

favre wouldn't last one drive behind the birds o-line
    i think he'd last one drive.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    Wait, what? Brett Favre?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Wait, what? Brett Favre?

nothing to see here
    We need Haynesworth and babin. I've now heard two others saying that DRC and a 2nd will come here from Ariz. This is what the Cuz said 3 weeks ago. Wash might put the Favre poison pill in if they trade him so he can't come here without being released. Could u imagine Dixon Albert,Cole and Babin with Samual and DRC. That would be a sick sick sick def.
    Go Birds!!!!
    We need Haynesworth and babin. I've now heard two others saying that DRC and a 2nd will come here from Ariz. This is what the Cuz said 3 weeks ago. Wash might put the Favre poison pill in if they trade him so he can't come here without being released. Could u imagine Dixon Albert,Cole and Babin with Samual and DRC. That would be a sick sick sick def.

bubble screens all day long. DRC might be a worse tackler than samuel

I'll take anyone on defense at this point.
    The Fixer wrote:

Maybe but if the qb has no time it would be easy for the def to plan on stopping that. Cole would be the sack leader with haynesworth in the middle. DRC wouldn't be my 1st choice but him and Samual together would be nasty with the pressure that D-line.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

Maybe but if the qb has no time it would be easy for the def to plan on stopping that. Cole would be the sack leader with haynesworth in the middle. DRC wouldn't be my 1st choice but him and Samual together would be nasty with the pressure that D-line.

...all about getting pressure on the qb. i'm chomping at the bit for this circus to get rolling
    www.myspace.com
    I can't wait either it's gonna the biggiest and best circus ever. It's gonna make what the Flyers did with Carter and Richards look normal.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I can't wait either it's gonna the biggiest and best circus ever. It's gonna make what the Flyers did with Carter and Richards look normal.

what did the flyers do? :lol: ...just kidding.

it will be like nothing we've ever seen. i honestly don't know how i'll be able to do my job each day with all the news/rumors that will be flying around at such a frantic pace.
    www.myspace.com

what did the flyers do? :lol: ...just kidding.

it will be like nothing we've ever seen. i honestly don't know how i'll be able to do my job each day with all the news/rumors that will be flying around at such a frantic pace.
    I'm like that normally,this might put my heart back out of rhythm :cry::lol: I was at my cardiologist today and he was thinking about when my next appt should be. I said lets wait till the week after labor day cause PJ 20 might pop it back out :shock:
    Go Birds!!!!
    Just as the Cuz said weeks ago

Citing a source, Mike Jurecki of XTRA 910 in Phoenix reports that the Cardinals "are prepared" to offer Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie "straight up" for Kevin Kolb when free agency kicks off.
    "Patrick Peterson is a better football player than than DRC right now," added Jurecki. "He's not afraid to hit." Jurecki also confirmed that Matt Hasselbeck and Kyle Orton are on the Cardinals' "short list" if they can't acquire Kolb, but insisted that "Kolb is the guy" the team will pursue first. The Cards might plan to offer Rodgers-Cromartie straight up, but that doesn't mean the Eagles would pull the trigger. Reports all offseason have indicated that Philadelphia wants a high future draft pick
    Go Birds!!!!

please. come on dude
    The Fixer wrote:

please. come on dude
    What now????
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

please. come on dude
    What now????

they might sign a few guys and they are gonna trade their backup QB. The flyers traded the two centerpieces of their team. To compare the two is ridiculous. It would be like the eagles trading mcnabb and dawkins back in 2003.
    please. come on dude[/quote]
    What now????[/quote]

they might sign a few guys and they are gonna trade their backup QB. The flyers traded the two centerpieces of their team. To compare the two is ridiculous. It would be like the eagles trading mcnabb and dawkins back in 2003.[/quote]

I mean the NFL as a whole.
    Go Birds!!!!
    somewhere around 500 free agents will be signed in about a week to 10 days.

that is nuts.
    www.myspace.com
    somewhere around 500 free agents will be signed in about a week to 10 days.

that is nuts.
    I think it's crazy nnandi is gonna get close to 19 a year. If Det gets any of the 3 good cb's out there and there offense stays healthy they could be real real nasty.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I keep seeing the eagles rumored to Ike Taylor. I like him...big, physical player. DRC is not the dude I want. They should get more for kolb
This discussion has been closed.