THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    bernard hopkins is an over hyped ass clown.

I dont get it...he has dogged mcnabb every chance he gets

I can't stand him either
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,536

I can't stand him either

apparently mcnabb shunned him one time when he was at the nova care complex and he's held a grudge ever since. this happened like 5 years ago too. get over it "executioner."

i guess he doesn't realize he's acting like some psycho ex girlfriend or something :lol:
    www.myspace.com

I can't stand him either

apparently mcnabb shunned him one time when he was at the nova care complex and he's held a grudge ever since. this happened like 5 years ago too. get over it "executioner."

i guess he doesn't realize he's acting like some psycho ex girlfriend or something :lol:

I know...he does seem like a scourned lover

:lol:

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Bernard-Hopkins-McNabb-isn-t-tough-enough-or-bl;_ylt=Ar5ZCO6TEmWJLpacBa3esvM5nYcB?urn=nfl-wp1972

:shock:

Bernard Hopkins: McNabb isn’t tough enough or black enough

Donovan McNabb(notes) probably didn't wake up thinking he'd get blindsided in the media Wednesday with possibly the most vicious comments he's ever heard.

And there probably also weren't a lot of people that anticipated Bernard Hopkins, just days before one of the biggest fights in his storied boxing career, ruthlessly laying into McNabb.

That's exactly what happened, though. Hopkins, a Philadelphia guy and avid Eagles fan, invited the press to a workout Tuesday. He was asked about Michael Vick(notes) playing for his hometown Eagles, and Hopkins went off on McNabb in a brutal, racial way. Here's a snippet from Marcus Hayes at Philly.com:

According to Hopkins, McNabb had a privileged childhood in suburban Chicago and, as a result, is not black enough or tough enough, at least compared with, say, himself, Michael Vick and Terrell Owens(notes).

"Forget this," Hopkins said, pointing to his own dark skin. "He's got a suntan. That's all."

Hopkins also implied that, while Vick and Owens remained true to their roots, McNabb did not, and that McNabb was rudely awakened when the Eagles traded him to the Redskins last year.

"Why do you think McNabb felt he was betrayed? Because McNabb is the guy in the house, while everybody else is on the field. He's the one who got the extra coat. The extra servings. 'You're our boy,' " Hopkins said, patting a reporter on the back in illustration. "He thought he was one of them."

It's not the first time Bernard Hopkins has ripped into McNabb, either. He did it back in 2007 when he said McNabb didn't have Jeff Garcia's heart, and again in 2008, when he said McNabb wouldn't sacrifice to win and had no killer instinct. Last year, he said he was going to have a party celebrating McNabb leaving Philadelphia.

Some people believe this all stems from an incident where Hopkins showed up to an Eagles team function and McNabb snubbed him.

Nothing that's happened between the two in the past comes close to Hopkins' most recent comments, though. Those cross entirely different lines.

Through his publicist, McNabb already said about the only thing he could say -- that he won't have any response to Hopkins' comments.

the problem is that hopkins is too ...

never mind. he's an idiot
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The New York Daily News' Gary Myers has heard "the Eagles will eventually be first in line" for Plaxico Burress when he is released from prison next month.
    Burress, who is big-bodied to go along with his 6-foot-5 frame, would be a very intriguing signing for the Eagles, who, of course, already have two of the league's better receivers in the diminutive DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin. If Burress has anything left, he could be an interesting thunder to their lightning.

I like this alot actually,Nnandi,Haynesworth and Burress would put this all convict team to the top imo. And i truly think that all 3 of them have a good shot at being here.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The New York Daily News' Gary Myers has heard "the Eagles will eventually be first in line" for Plaxico Burress when he is released from prison next month.
    Burress, who is big-bodied to go along with his 6-foot-5 frame, would be a very intriguing signing for the Eagles, who, of course, already have two of the league's better receivers in the diminutive DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin. If Burress has anything left, he could be an interesting thunder to their lightning.

I like this alot actually,Nnandi,Haynesworth and Burress would put this all convict team to the top imo. And i truly think that all 3 of them have a good shot at being here.

i wouldn't mind bringing him in for a look but i don't think a 4th receiver is putting us over the top.

i do agree about the other 2 guys though.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    you guys can't be serious about albert haynesworth. how fat and out of shape do you think he is going to be after the lockout? the guy wasn't in shape with actual pre-season camps for the skins and you think he is going to be ready to play after no workouts? come on guys, no way that load is working out on his own. one of the biggest dogs in the league.

i wouldn't mind bringing him in for a look but i don't think a 4th receiver is putting us over the top.

He'd be the best thing are red zone offense has saw in years. A little jump ball to him worked with eli why not with Vick and he'd be are 4-5th option. Defenses heads would be spinning with Jack,Maclin,mccoy,Celek and Plax out there. And Pj hawks if he's hungry which he will be he's a beast and i think he's got something to prove and he won't cost u shit.
    Go Birds!!!!

He'd be the best thing are red zone offense has saw in years. A little jump ball to him worked with eli why not with Vick and he'd be are 4-5th option. Defenses heads would be spinning with Jack,Maclin,mccoy,Celek and Plax out there. And Pj hawks if he's hungry which he will be he's a beast and i think he's got something to prove and he won't cost u shit.

chances of him being self-motivated to work out during the lockout are slim and none. maybe during a regular off-season he might be worth the chance, but i don't see any way this guy is even remotely in shape once the lockout is lifted. and i think you are going to be looking at about a month tops to get ready for the season.

burress is definitely intriguing and as you said worth it just for red zone offense.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    As a Giants fan, the idea of Plex on the Eagles is scary.
    2 things that have motived albert haynsworth in his career: jim washburn and $$$$$.

both will be in place if he comes here. with everything he's done recently no team would sign him to anything but an incentive laiden contract. gotta feel the birds will have the upper hand with washburn here.

with those 2 factors in place, he could turn out to be the best interior lineman we've ever had under this regime.
    www.myspace.com
    hey! kolb rumors!

Cards not sold on Kolb?4:18
    PM ETKevin Kolb | Eagles | Interested: Seahawks?, Cardinals? Top EmailComments6

UPDATE: Despite the recent report that some within the Arizona Cardinals' organization have reservations about handing the reins of the team's offense to Kevin Kolb, Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic reports Tuesday afternoon that "whenever they are able, the Cardinals will pursue a trade" for the Philadelphia Eagles' passer.

---

Many have been operating this offseason with the idea that once the lockout is lifted, Kolb will be traded -- and the Cardinals have remained in the top spot when it comes to potential trade partners. But a new report indicates that perhaps not everyone in Arizona is on board with the pursuit.

The report -- published on Scout.com -- indicates that some Cardinals coaches are concerned that Kolb has more interceptions than touchdowns, a sign of bad decision-making. Additionally, some are not certain that his particular skills set is a match for the Cardinals' offensive scheme, a much more vertical-oriented approach compared to Andy Reid's version of the West Coast offense.

Meanwhile, over on our NFC East blog, Dan Graziano notes that there's another mitigating factor in play when it comes to a potential deal involving Kolb:

- Tim Kavanagh

Dan Graziano
    Another adverse effect of the labor mess

"The longer the lockout drags on, the more difficult it's going to be to put this deal together. What may have seemed like an obvious fit months ago might start to break apart under more extensive examination. Just saying, don't assume it's a done deal."
    www.myspace.com
    Team checklist: Philadelphia Eagles
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on May 31, 2011, 4:56 PM EDT

We’ve already written about what the Cowboys, Redskins, and Giants need to do after the lockout. Philadelphia’s to-do list below wraps up the NFC East.

1. Rescind David Akers‘ transition tag.

This comes first because the Eagles need to do it the moment the lockout is lifted. Otherwise, Akers could try to quickly sign the one-year offer the Eagles made before the lockout and the team could be stuck paying him. The Eagles drafted Akers’ likely replacement Alex Henery in the fourth round in April.

2. Find the right deal for Kevin Kolb.

You’ll read a lot of conflicting articles about Kolb’s value, but the Eagles are working in a seller’s market. There is no need to deal Kolb for anything less than a first round pick.

If the right offer doesn’t arrive, the Eagles could still keep Kolb as Michael Vick injury insurance. In that scenario, they could use the franchise tag on him in 2012 and still trade him before the draft ala Matt Cassel. In the end, we expect the Eagles to get their first round pick for Kolb in 2011.

3. Sign a starting cornerback.

Veteran Joselio Hanson works as a nickel back. Rookie Curtis Marsh will be in the mix. That leaves the No. 2 cornerback slot across from Asante Samuel wide open. Philly is as likely as any team to sign Nnamdi Asomugha. If that doesn’t happen, names like Carlos Rogers, Ike Taylor, and Antonio Cromartie could make sense.

4. Bring back Stewart Bradley.

Whether he plays in the middle or on the strong side in deference to Jamar Chaney, Bradley is more valuable to the Eagles than any other team. This is especially true with a shortened offseason. If the league goes back to 2010 rules, Bradley will be easy to keep via restricted free agency. After signing Bradley, we’d argue the Eagles still need more depth added here.

5. Sign a tailback.

Jerome Harrison, who was effective last year, can likely be brought back cheaply. But with rookie scatback Dion Lewis in the fold, Philadelphia may want a runner with more size to help backup LeSean McCoy.

6. Get veteran insurance at safety.

The team sounds ready to give a starting job to rookie Jaiquawn Jarrett, but that could be tricky with limited practice. Kurt Coleman looks like the team’s third safety, but this group could use a veteran in case the young kids falter.

7. Make sure that new defense is real simple.

New coordinator Juan Castillo wants to simplify the defense. That’s good, because he hasn’t coached defense since high school and he may only have a few weeks to implement his system. (Or tweak Sean McDermott’s system from a year ago.) New defensive line coach Jim Washburn also won’t have a lot of time to work his magic.
    www.myspace.com
    2 things that have motived albert haynsworth in his career: jim washburn and $$$$$.

both will be in place if he comes here. with everything he's done recently no team would sign him to anything but an incentive laiden contract. gotta feel the birds will have the upper hand with washburn here.

with those 2 factors in place, he could turn out to be the best interior lineman we've ever had under this regime.

I saw haynesworth just got in trouble again last week. forget what happened.

I don't care about character guys anymore. Once they signed vick that stuff went out the window. give me haynesworth and plaxico.

this team is gonna be like the team in the longest yard. maybe burt reynolds can be vick's backup
    so plax leaves prison sporting an old school phils cap :lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

I saw haynesworth just got in trouble again last week. forget what happened.

I don't care about character guys anymore. Once they signed vick that stuff went out the window. give me haynesworth and plaxico.

this team is gonna be like the team in the longest yard. maybe burt reynolds can be vick's backup

character off the field i would agree with you on not caring as much about, but guys like Vick and Allen Iverson may be scumbags but they perform(ed) on the field. haynesworth is a huge dog ON the field. guys who are dogs on the field don't reform and aren't worth the risk. i'd be willing to take a risk on a guy who has off field issues as long as they perform on the field like Plaxico. Haynesworth emphatically NO.
    i'm not sure why the birds didn't resign him in the first place...

The Babin-Eagles link
    4:12
    PM ETJason Babin | Titans | Interested: Titans?, Eagles?, Vikings?, Browns?, Bills?, Falcons? Top EmailComments Free agent defensive end Jason Babin, who had a breakthrough 12.5-sack season with the Tennessee Titans in 2010, is one of the more enticing players at his position on the market this offseason. Back on May 16, we passed along word from Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean that Babin thinks re-signing with Tennessee is a "no-brainer," but there will certainly be some other offers to consider.

One team that's been linked to Babin frequently is the Philadelphia Eagles, based primarily on their hiring away of Titans D-line coach Jim Washburn. Adam Caplan of Fox Sports isn't sure that this is a good match, however, based upon the players already on the roster and the type of role that Babin will likely want.

"[Babin] participated in 713 out of 1,188 defensive snaps (60 percent) with the Titans last season as a full-time starter," Caplan notes. "I don't see him getting more than 40 percent of the defensive snaps with the Eagles based on the projected depth behind the top three ends -- Trent Cole (876 out of 1,050 snaps last season/83.4 percent), Juqua Parker (464 snaps/44.1 percent) and Darryl Tapp (432 snaps/41.1 percent). There's no question that the Eagles need to add one more veteran to the rotation because second-year end Brandon Graham (knee) could start the season on the PUP list. So Babin would be the perfect final addition to the defensive-end rotation, but interest elsewhere and money will come into play in this particular situation."

If Babin doesn't re-sign in Nashville, and the Eagles aren't a fit either, there are certainly other openings at the position around the league, notably in Atlanta, Buffalo, Cleveland and Minnesota. As a result, he'll be in high demand once the lockout is lifted.
    www.myspace.com
    yes this sounds like a guy i'd sign :roll: :roll: :roll:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2 ... y-headache
    pjhawks wrote:

as much as i love ai...that wasn't a good example on your part.

after lb left he quit on what, 4 coaches? :lol:

looks like there's a chance this labor nonsense will get resolved soon....
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

I'd take him in a heartbeat,could u imagine how motivated he'd be to shove it down the Skins throats. Is he a tool? Yes, but what your not seeing is how much better he'd make are whole def. Trent Cole would be the sack leader and potential def mvp,with that big body creating mismatches. Revenge is a great motivation tool,he hated the coach hated the system and got paid of course he didn't care what they said. He was dead wrong but you know what the guy can play and you wouldn't have to pay him shit,it's a no brain risk imo.
    Go Birds!!!!
    pjhawks wrote:

I'd take him in a heartbeat,could u imagine how motivated he'd be to shove it down the Skins throats. Is he a tool? Yes, but what your not seeing is how much better he'd make are whole def. Trent Cole would be the sack leader and potential def mvp,with that big body creating mismatches. Revenge is a great motivation tool,he hated the coach hated the system and got paid of course he didn't care what they said. He was dead wrong but you know what the guy can play and you wouldn't have to pay him shit,it's a no brain risk imo.

I'm with you.

Rae Caerruth, Leonard Little, Lawrence Phillips. F it, sign all of them!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I'm with you.

All I keep picturing at camp is the criminal bus pulling up like in Longest Yard

The Fixer wrote:

I'm with you.

All I keep picturing at camp is the criminal bus pulling up like in Longest Yard

I refuse to watch the remake of that movie. What was the name of Burt Reynolds' squad in the original? I want to say Mean Machine but I can't remember if that's from Longest Yard or Wildcats.

I still can't believe my boy reid signed vick. I'm secretly hoping the birds keep kolb and bryce paup re-enacts the hit on randall's knees...only on vick this time
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I'm with you.

the guy hates ryan howard and jeff carter, you know actually productive professional athletes, and wants to sign a complete turd like Haynesworth. if you think the 7th leading goal scorer in the NHL is a dog what the hell do you call haynesworth? my god...'

and if you say no risk you guys have no clue about putting a team together. have you guys ever played organized sports? a dog can give cancer to the rest of the team. dogs like haynesworth aren't worth a nickel. again difference between asshole off the field (vick) and asshole and dog on the field (haynesworth). ill take a shot on productive assholes but complete utter lazy ass dogs help no one.
    the good thing about the nfl is there are no guaranteed contracts pjhawk. if he acts like he did in washington, which i don't really expect, we can wash our hands clean at the drop of a hat.
    www.myspace.com
    the good thing about the nfl is there are no guaranteed contracts pjhawk. if he acts like he did in washington, which i don't really expect, we can wash our hands clean at the drop of a hat.

that's true but i fear haynesworth is like the smelly machinic in seinfeld. once you get that BO on you it is going to take a long time to wipe it clean. i don' know i just don't see this guy as worth the risk. burress id take a chance on.
    pjhawks wrote:

that's true but i fear haynesworth is like the smelly machinic in seinfeld. once you get that BO on you it is going to take a long time to wipe it clean. i don' know i just don't see this guy as worth the risk. burress id take a chance on.

money
    money
    jim washburn

those are 3 things that will motivate the dude.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

money
    money
    jim washburn

also being in the skins division

there's no risk involved. pjhawks is wrong as always
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

money
    money
    jim washburn

also being in the skins division

there's no risk involved. pjhawks is wrong as always

i would think with an abreviated training camp, knowing washburn's schemes will make the birds an even likelier destination for him too.

SUPER BOWL!
    :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.