THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,536
    Eagles “loading up and going for it” when lockout ends
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 15, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT
    H. Roseman AP

The Eagles aren’t even trying to contain their excitement about their plan for when the lockout ends.

Following comments from owner Jeffrey Lurie and coach Andy Reid about being aggressive in free agency, G.M. Howie Roseman and an unnamed source made it clear to Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports that the Eagles are ready to make big moves.

“This is the year,” one source told Silver. “We think we have a great shot to win it, and we’re loading up and going for it.”

Roseman added he was “ready for some action – right now.”

So what might that action consist of? Silver’s source believes Albert Haynesworth is near the top of the list.

“[Defensive line coach Jim Washburn] is convinced he can get the most out of Haynesworth,” the Eagles source said. “He wants him badly.”

Also on the wishlist: Reid reportedly “loves” the idea of adding Plaxico Burress. Reggie Bush was a player that interested the Eagles earlier in the offseason, although Bush may not want to be a backup there to LeSean McCoy and the team drafted scatback Dion Lewis.

“I think there are going to be a lot of opportunities in front of us, players looking for short-term deals who want to win a championship,” Roseman told Silver. “Any good player that we think can help our team, we’re going to take a hard look at.”

Roseman expects a “frenzy” of action when the league returns, rewarding the most aggressive and prepared teams. It’s safe to expect the Eagles to be in the middle of the fun.

GO BIRDS :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    that's a lot of coin. peter king:

The race for the best defensive free agent since Deion Sanders.

I make the case lower in this column that the Houston Texans have to go after free-agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha when the shopping season opens. And I think the Lions should make a hard run at him too. But I don't get the sense either team will. My three favorites whenever teams can hit the market:

1. Philadelphia. Rumors (and they seem to be more than that) are flying that the Eagles are going to strike quickly and spend big money in free agency. Imagine pairing Asomugha with very good cover man Asante Samuel. It'd be money well-spent, even at a Bradyish $18 million a year.

2. Dallas. Go back in history. Remember when Jerry Jones, against the wishes of son Steven, gave Deion Sanders a $13 million signing bonus in 1995 to come to Dallas? (Jerry thought his son was going to punch him over it.) Jones has the ability to fit Asomugha under his cap. With Tony Romo and DeMarcus Ware the only huge-money players on the roster, the Joneses can find a way to shoehorn an Asomugha contract into the fold.

3. Baltimore. Everything says no -- the Ravens need to sign Haloti Ngata long-term, and how many megabuck defensive players can you have in a cap era? But Ozzie Newsome knows the only thing his defense lacks is a shutdown corner.

I could see the Jets being interested if they figure Antonio Cromartie is too big of a risk to sign long-term, but how can your starting corners, collectively, be 30 percent of your cap? That's what would happen if Asomugha and Darrelle Revis became teammates. And I could see Seattle kicking the tires. The Seahawks don't have a $10-million-a-year player, and Paul Allen's got the dough. We'll see, but my guess is Asomugha ends up in the NFC East.

By the way, I had every intention in this space of running down the top 20 free agents, but I looked at the list and it felt a little fruitless. We don't know what the rules are, and whether four- and five-year unsigned vets will be free. So I'll wait until we have more information.
    www.myspace.com
    they're moving the service time to free agency back to 4 years....that means stu's gonna be an unrestricted free agent now. also means the birds will have a lot more to choose from in a few weeks.

caps gonna be between 141M to 151M

this is going to be a crazy summer...
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    they're moving the service time to free agency back to 4 years....that means stu's gonna be an unrestricted free agent now. also means the birds will have a lot more to choose from in a few weeks.

caps gonna be between 141M to 151M

this is going to be a crazy summer...
    Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    These Kolb for DRC rumors better not be true. They can get more
    The Fixer wrote:

you see the latest iguadala rumors?

they're getting better
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

they're getting better

Well they couldn't have gotten much worse.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

they're getting better

Well they couldn't have gotten much worse.

3 way trade with minnesota and la where we'd get the #2 pick plus odom and artest
    www.myspace.com

3 way trade with minnesota and la where we'd get the #2 pick plus odom and artest

derrek williams would equal a fixer romance explosion.

hopefully odom and artest would just be expiring deals. neither of them bring much. though artest would instantly become their best rebounder...and he'd take nocioni's minutes.
    The Fixer wrote:

hopefully odom and artest would just be expiring deals. neither of them bring much. though artest would instantly become their best rebounder...and he'd take nocioni's minutes.

odom was the 6th man of the year. makes only 9 mil and is in last year of contract. and artest brings toughness. i doubt nocioni will be here

i think these are two separate trades...though it could turn into a 3 team. either way, if we get the #2 to go along with the #16, that would be incredible. if not williams, i'd love to get enes kanter with the 2nd pick. then they could get jordan hamilton, a shooter, at 16......tomorrow is gonna be interesting
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

odom was the 6th man of the year. makes only 9 mil and is in last year of contract. and artest brings toughness. i doubt nocioni will be here

i think these are two separate trades...though it could turn into a 3 team. either way, if we get the #2 to go along with the #16, that would be incredible. if not williams, i'd love to get enes kanter with the 2nd pick. then they could get jordan hamilton, a shooter, at 16......tomorrow is gonna be interesting

I didn't realize the draft was this week until today when I had scott van pelt's radio show on. I think odom is soft as hell. Last year of contract is all that matters there. hopefully artest is in last year also.

williams will be there at 2...irving is going 1.

they were saying on radio that love and the 2 pick to LA for gasol. that makes zero sense to me whatsoever.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I didn't realize the draft was this week until today when I had scott van pelt's radio show on. I think odom is soft as hell. Last year of contract is all that matters there. hopefully artest is in last year also.

williams will be there at 2...irving is going 1.

they were saying on radio that love and the 2 pick to LA for gasol. that makes zero sense to me whatsoever.

i know williams will be there. i was saying i would be happy with him or kanter....they could even trade down and take that biyombi cat. either way i am getting excited about the possibilities :lol:
    www.myspace.com

i know williams will be there. i was saying i would be happy with him or kanter....they could even trade down and take that biyombi cat. either way i am getting excited about the possibilities :lol:

they could draft williams and then move thad in a sign/trade deal for a big man (men). I like thad, but williams is gonna be monster

I'd love to see brand moved also
    The Fixer wrote:

they could draft williams and then move thad in a sign/trade deal for a big man (men). I like thad, but williams is gonna be monster

brand isn't getting moved now. if anything a year from now or trade deadline.

one of the scenarios had thad going to minny for the 2nd pick.

i like williams. kanter would be our first legit center since...forever. i'd be happy either way.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

i like williams. kanter would be our first legit center since...forever. i'd be happy either way.

luckily we have the nets execs running the show. good times!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

luckily we have the nets execs running the show. good times!!

well they made two finals appearances. :? this trade would be insane.
    www.myspace.com
    marty mornhinweg loves michael vick:

Mornhinweg saw it coming.

"Absolutely. Here was a man who hasn't played for a couple of years. However, if he did it the right way, I thought he could be a Steve Young-type player," Mornhinweg says.

He considers, then continues: "Mike's got a long way to go, but, you know what? I think he can be better than Steve."

:o
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    That desean Jackson is one class act
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    WHAT DID HE DO NOW?
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    WHAT DID HE DO NOW?

Called some caller on a radio show a "gay ass faggot" (can I write that without getting in trouble since I'm quoting someone?)
    to be fair, and not that it's right, but it was in response to some red neck asking him if he's ever gotten his "dick knocked in the dirt." --whatever the hell that means :?

here's the link:
    http://deadspin.com/5819135/desean-jack ... ass-faggot
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    WHAT DID HE DO NOW?

Called some caller on a radio show a "gay ass faggot" (can I write that without getting in trouble since I'm quoting someone?)
    Thankully we root for them beacause of how they play not how they act. Wrong thread hahahaha :)
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Iggles voted the 11th most valuable franchise in sports

Worth $1.12 BILLION according to Forbes
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    read an article today about the least valuable players in the nfl. only one eagle made the list.

his name?

...one, dimitri patterson.

if it somehow works out that this turd is our starting cornerback in september, i'm turning in my season tickets. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    read an article today about the least valuable players in the nfl. only one eagle made the list.

his name?

...one, dimitri patterson.

if it somehow works out that this turd is our starting cornerback in september, i'm turning in my season tickets. :lol:

that article was ridiculous
    thought it was a good read.

number 1, jake delhomme :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    brandon graham to have microfracture surgery on his knee. gonna miss at least half a season, possibly more.

i liked the pick at the time....but it's turning out to be a bust at this point. this is the same kind of surgery abiamiri never could recover from.

sucks.
    www.myspace.com
    brandon graham to have microfracture surgery on his knee. gonna miss at least half a season, possibly more.

i liked the pick at the time....but it's turning out to be a bust at this point. this is the same kind of surgery abiamiri never could recover from.

sucks.
    That's why the Cuz guarantees Jason Babin will resign here. He also said that DRC will be part of the Kolb trade if he goes to Ariz. He also said if Haynesworth is released he'll 100% be a bird. And his shocker theory is that Favre will be are back up qb. He's the only guy i care to listen too or trust on the radio.
    Go Birds!!!!

sucks.
    That's why the Cuz guarantees Jason Babin will resign here. He also said that DRC will be part of the Kolb trade if he goes to Ariz. He also said if Haynesworth is released he'll 100% be a bird. And his shocker theory is that Favre will be are back up qb. He's the only guy i care to listen too or trust on the radio.

yeah i know.

the thing about babin is, they should never have let him go in the first place. didn't he have like 10 sacks in his only year here? they let him go, created a need, and drafted graham to fill it. now he's out and they'll try for babin again. they really messed up there.
    www.myspace.com

sucks.

yeah i know.

the thing about babin is, they should never have let him go in the first place. didn't he have like 10 sacks in his only year here? they let him go, created a need, and drafted graham to fill it. now he's out and they'll try for babin again. they really messed up there.

I agree, i remember hearing him a couple months ago say he wanted to land a spot on a team where he played all the time. Philly was mentioned and he said something like i was in that rotation situation and i don't wanna be. I don't remember exactly word for word what he said but something on those lines.
    Go Birds!!!!
This discussion has been closed.