THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I'm cool with it. they need help on the o-line.

I would have preferred defense, but whatever
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:

This makes my san fran trade theory stay alive with us also getting nnandi. :D
    Go Birds!!!!
    dude is 26. WTF??
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,808
    and a rookie :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,536
    The Fixer wrote:

This makes my san fran trade theory stay alive with us also getting nnandi. :D

agreed....

not sure about this pick. supposedly best guard available and we needed one--has a nasty streak. 26 years old and has only been playing football for 4 years.

i think there were some better choices available though. o line, i think carimi would have been better.

but if they make a kolb trade...and attack fa with some ferociousness (CB CB CB CB), eh, we'll see.....
    www.myspace.com
    I don't know anything about this guy,but he looks like a beast. I can't wait to see what the next 5-7 days have in store.
    Go Birds!!!!
    interest that this guy is younger than mike mcglyn..who wasn't awful last year.

he's gonna be 27 this season. i guess the eagles are only looking at this as a 3 year plan. :lol::lol:

if howard mudd likes him though, i trust his judgment...i think.
    www.myspace.com

he's gonna be 27 this season. i guess the eagles are only looking at this as a 3 year plan. :lol::lol:

I'm fine with mcglyn as long as he's at guard and not center. his shotgun snaps were terrible.
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm fine with mcglyn as long as he's at guard and not center. his shotgun snaps were terrible.

...well danny watkins will be at guard. that was my point. jamal jackson should be back......

reid just said he may try this guy at center too.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

...well danny watkins will be at guard. that was my point. jamal jackson should be back......

reid just said he may try this guy at center too.

like you said...hopefully mudd can work with what they give him

honestly I gave up criticizing eagles draft picks a long time ago. they know what they're doing most of the time
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I'm happy they drafted a hockey player!
    :lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    offensive lineman taken under reid:

10- none :lol:
    09- paul fanaika
    08- mike mcglyn, mike gibson, king dunlap
    07- none
    06- winston justice, max jean gillies
    05- todd herremans, scott young, calvin armstrong
    04- shawn andrews, trey darilek, adriene clarke, dominic furio
    03- jeremy bridges
    02- scott peters
    01- none
    00- bobbie williams
    99- doug brezinski, john welbourne,

i think watkins can turn out to be a decent pick. but for an offensive line guy, reid hasn't had a tremendous amount of success in this department. gotta trust in howard mudd.
    www.myspace.com

09- paul fanaika
    07- none
    03- jeremy bridges
    02- scott peters
    01- none
    00- bobbie williams

i think watkins can turn out to be a decent pick. but for an offensive line guy, reid hasn't had a tremendous amount of success in this department. gotta trust in howard mudd.

to be fair most of those guys are lower round picks. Reid has been good at finding low round values and undrafted FAs
    The Fixer wrote:

09- paul fanaika
    07- none
    03- jeremy bridges
    02- scott peters
    01- none
    00- bobbie williams

to be fair most of those guys are lower round picks. Reid has been good at finding low round values and undrafted FAs

sure. like i said, i think watkins may turn out to be a good pick. given that history though, i'm just glad we got a guy like mudd to coach him up.

next week or two is gonna be interesting
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    The meatheads of this city are going to LOVE this guy.

And this just in - Juan Castillo actually drafted this offensive lineman to play corner. Little known fact.
    The meatheads of this city are going to LOVE this guy.

And this just in - Juan Castillo actually drafted this offensive lineman to play corner. Little known fact.

...zing.
    www.myspace.com
    Brian Baldinger says this guy was the best o-linemen in the draft. Imo Baldy is one of the best guys out there. He said he's got some of the best hands he's seen.
    Go Birds!!!!
    i agree with jp...once people get over the unsexiness of this pick (love how people refer this shit as "sexy" :lol: ).....people are gonna love this kid:

Eagles Draft Pick Danny Watkins Reflects On Day At Ground Zero With FDNY

Eagles draft pick Danny Watkins spent four years as a firefighter in his native Canada before he ever even decided to play football. In fact, he only took up football when he came to the US to study to become a full time firefighter. So when he came to the New York this week for the NFL draft, it made sense that the FDNY invited Watkins and his firefighter cheering section out with them.

"We had an amazing day with the FDNY," Watkins said, "Just the opportunity to spend time with them and meet them... They embraced me as one of their own, as a brother, like I've known them 20 years. When my name got called tonight I thought there was going to riot up there on the balcony."

Watkins said that the FDNY took him to ground zero for a tour and to talk about their memories with a fellow firefighter.

"We had the opportunity to pay our respects to ground zero and that was probably one of the most sobering and humbling experiences of my entire life. I don't know what I'd do losing one member of the fire service that I grew up with, let alone 343 brothers. Seeing that, seeing the memorials and speaking to the guys that lost guys, words can't describe the pain you felt for them. It doesn't seem that long ago after being there today. Today, besides from the draft, it was something I'll never forget, that's for sure."

Teams always say they love "higher character guys," and Eagles fans
    www.myspace.com
    only thing I don't like about the pick is that the guy is already 26. I know o-lineman have a longer shelf life than other positions, so I'm fine with it.

the line sucked last year...it fills a need

now stack the defense.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    The Fixer wrote:
    only thing I don't like about the pick is that the guy is already 26. I know o-lineman have a longer shelf life than other positions, so I'm fine with it.

now stack the defense.

Yeah, I wouldn't rule out this Osumhyahahahahahha(sic) character being a FA signing.
    The Fixer wrote:

now stack the defense.

Yeah, I wouldn't rule out this Osumhyahahahahahha(sic) character being a FA signing.

I think they are going to throw a TON of money at that dude.

I'm hoping they take a safety with this 2nd round pick...which hopefully means quentin mikell's days here are numbered
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

now stack the defense.

I think they are going to throw a TON of money at that dude.

I'm hoping they take a safety with this 2nd round pick...which hopefully means quentin mikell's days here are numbered

well, I was close.

bye, bye quentin. thank god
    the guy from temple apparently is a hitter....but undersized (like the rest of our defense) and has difficulties in coverage.

the corner....from what i was reading there were about 10 corner's rated higher when we picked him...and he recently converted from running back.

underwhelmed with this draft. watkins better start from day 1 and be fucking good. he has to be.
    coach him up mudd.
    www.myspace.com
    looks like we got a whole lot of work to do once free agency starts...
    www.myspace.com
    I bet on nebraska a lot last year. Alex Henry kicks bombs. I like that pick.

Solid draft. Only pick I didn't really like was Dion Lewis. He's not good enough to have an impact in the NFL. Too small, too slow...wont contribute on specials, so I don't see the point. The people comparing him to mccoy are clueless.
    consensus seems to be b-/c+. obviously these things are all meaningless but it's interesting to see what people are saying:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/movi ... draft.html

the bottom line is the birds have to be thinking they will be huge players come free agency, once it starts.
    www.myspace.com
    gotta like this...

Cardinals G.M. on quarterback situation: “We are going to be aggressive”
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on May 4, 2011, 10:18 AM EDT
    Getty ImagesThe post-draft comments from the Cardinals on their quarterback situation won’t quiet any of the Kevin Kolb-to-Arizona speculation running rampant these days.

“With respect to the quarterback question, which continually arises, we’ve decided as an organization that we are going to be aggressive,” G.M. Rod Graves said. “We are expecting at some point, or believing, that we will have a free agency period, an opportunity to discuss trades, and we are looking at those avenues.”

The Cardinals weren’t in love with the rookie crop of quarterbacks available to them with the No. 5 pick. But that doesn’t make coach Ken Whisenhunt any more comfortable with the quarterbacks on his roster. He wouldn’t say if he was comfortable with John Skelton as a starter or backup.

“After you go 5-11, I’m not comfortable with anybody we had playing that position,” Whisenhunt said via AZCardinals.com. “You have to weigh your opportunities in the draft against other opportunities. It’s a complete process. It’s not an isolated process.”

Translation: If the Cardinals aren’t going after Kolb, they have another well defined plan to fill the position in 2011. And it’s not starting Skelton.
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-wp1972

:shock:

Bernard Hopkins: McNabb isn’t tough enough or black enough

Donovan McNabb(notes) probably didn't wake up thinking he'd get blindsided in the media Wednesday with possibly the most vicious comments he's ever heard.

And there probably also weren't a lot of people that anticipated Bernard Hopkins, just days before one of the biggest fights in his storied boxing career, ruthlessly laying into McNabb.

That's exactly what happened, though. Hopkins, a Philadelphia guy and avid Eagles fan, invited the press to a workout Tuesday. He was asked about Michael Vick(notes) playing for his hometown Eagles, and Hopkins went off on McNabb in a brutal, racial way. Here's a snippet from Marcus Hayes at Philly.com:

According to Hopkins, McNabb had a privileged childhood in suburban Chicago and, as a result, is not black enough or tough enough, at least compared with, say, himself, Michael Vick and Terrell Owens(notes).

"Forget this," Hopkins said, pointing to his own dark skin. "He's got a suntan. That's all."

Hopkins also implied that, while Vick and Owens remained true to their roots, McNabb did not, and that McNabb was rudely awakened when the Eagles traded him to the Redskins last year.

"Why do you think McNabb felt he was betrayed? Because McNabb is the guy in the house, while everybody else is on the field. He's the one who got the extra coat. The extra servings. 'You're our boy,' " Hopkins said, patting a reporter on the back in illustration. "He thought he was one of them."

It's not the first time Bernard Hopkins has ripped into McNabb, either. He did it back in 2007 when he said McNabb didn't have Jeff Garcia's heart, and again in 2008, when he said McNabb wouldn't sacrifice to win and had no killer instinct. Last year, he said he was going to have a party celebrating McNabb leaving Philadelphia.

Some people believe this all stems from an incident where Hopkins showed up to an Eagles team function and McNabb snubbed him.

Nothing that's happened between the two in the past comes close to Hopkins' most recent comments, though. Those cross entirely different lines.

Through his publicist, McNabb already said about the only thing he could say -- that he won't have any response to Hopkins' comments.
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    bernard hopkins is an over hyped ass clown.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.