THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES...

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,532
    between having an offensive line coach take over the defense ( :wtf: ) and this kolb situation....this stupid lockout is hurting the birds more than other teams:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag ... while.html
    www.myspace.com
    birds and bills in toronto huh?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -november/

full schedule comes out tonight
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972

Good chance I'll be making the trip for this...

yeah. i wish it were earlier in the season though. late november in toronto--weather might be kind of shitty right?
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

yeah. i wish it were earlier in the season though. late november in toronto--weather might be kind of shitty right?

Dome ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

Could be, but the actual game is in the dome. I would be down for some Canadian weather.

Could be, but the actual game is in the dome. I would be down for some Canadian weather.

i know. i just meant for exploring downtown toronto and their fine gentlemen's clubs.
    www.myspace.com
    anyone else sick of playing chicago seemingly every year? :lol:

Sunday, September 11 at St. Louis 1:00 pm FOX

Sunday, September 18 at Atlanta 8:20 pm NBC*

Sunday, September 25 NY Giants 1:00 pm FOX

Sunday, October 2 San Francisco 1:00 pm FOX

Sunday, October 9 at Buffalo 1:00 pm FOX

Sunday, October 16 at Washington 1:00 pm FOX

Sunday, October 23 BYE

Sunday, October 30 Dallas 8:20 pm NBC*

Monday, November 7 Chicago 8:30 pm ESPN*

Sunday, November 13 Arizona 1:00 pm+ FOX

Sunday, November 20 at NY Giants 8:20 pm+ NBC*

Sunday, November 27 New England 4:15 pm+ CBS*

Thursday, December 1 at Seattle 8:20 pm NFLN*

Sunday, December 11 at Miami 1:00 pm+ FOX

Sunday, December 18 NY Jets 4:15 pm+ CBS*

Saturday, December 24 at Dallas 4:15 pm FOX*

Sunday, January 1 Washington 1:00 pm+ FOX
    www.myspace.com

i know. i just meant for exploring downtown toronto and their fine gentlemen's clubs.

edit--that's actually early october. might have to rally the troops for that one :think:
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

Sunday, October 23 BYE

Very favorable scheldue looks like 11-5 with a serious shot at 12-4.
    Go Birds!!!!

Sunday, October 23 BYE

you don't even know who will be on the team! :lol::mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    finding out the schedule used to be an exciting part of the off season. now it's just a painful reminder of this horrendous labor situation.

i still think they'll come to an agreement sometime in the summer....but this team especially needs as much off season work they can get. it's so frustrating :x
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    was really hoping the miami game would be earlier. with Mrs Fixer's impending due date, there's no way in hell I'm making that game.

Oh well, looks like my sports road trips are done for a while

As for the schedule, the birds got railroaded with a road game in seattle on a thursday night. That is bullshit
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Sooo, just watched the norm McDonald show on dvr last night and Michael Vick wouldn't change anything about his life except for the length of the prison sentence? What an asshole, some people never learn
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Sooo, just watched the norm McDonald show on dvr last night and Michael Vick wouldn't change anything about his life except for the length of the prison sentence? What an asshole, some people never learn

Eh, personal opinions aside, people need to realize some people look at dogs like the shit they poop. It's the culture - in particular, this one - that people cannot on any level grasp.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431

Sunday, October 23 BYE

you don't even know who will be on the team! :lol::mrgreen:

because of coaching of course :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    The Fixer wrote:
    was really hoping the miami game would be earlier. with Mrs Fixer's impending due date, there's no way in hell I'm making that game.

Oh well, looks like my sports road trips are done for a while

As for the schedule, the birds got railroaded with a road game in seattle on a thursday night. That is bullshit

haha...she won't mind if she's in labor while your boozing it up in south beach. i say book that trip this weekend.

regarding the schedule: yeah that stinks. seattle always plays tough in that artificially loud stadium of theirs too.

i do like having the bye week towards the middle of the season again.......though i heard if the start of the season is delayed by a week or two, they may do away with the bye and not have a two week layoff to the super bowl to try to get all 16 games played still.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Eh, personal opinions aside, people need to realize some people look at dogs like the shit they poop. It's the culture - in particular, this one - that people cannot on any level grasp.

...and i'm sure there had to be more to vick's quote than just that. norm mcdonald taking something out of context to get a cheap joke in? no way! :lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

he is an ass hole. I can't stand him
    It's pretty sad were less then a week away from the draft and no one cares. The NFL really needs to get this shit fixed. It's crazy how little anyone cares this close to the draft.
    Go Birds!!!!
    It's pretty sad were less then a week away from the draft and no one cares. The NFL really needs to get this shit fixed. It's crazy how little anyone cares this close to the draft.

i know. and i think the andy reid fatigue factors into that too with a lot of people now.
    www.myspace.com

i know. and i think the andy reid fatigue factors into that too with a lot of people now.
    I agree i've been ready for a change for 2yrs at least. Eagles are happy being good,being the best just isn't that important to them.
    Go Birds!!!!

I agree i've been ready for a change for 2yrs at least. Eagles are happy being good,being the best just isn't that important to them.

that is ridiculous. they're just resistant to change.

might have to rethink that philosphy if we dont win in a year or two though.
    www.myspace.com
    I mean the front office is content with Reid. And imo with Reid will never win a title.
    Go Birds!!!!

I think it has more to do with the horseshit NFL product than anything else. the greed of everyone involved doesnt' help any either
    I mean the front office is content with Reid. And imo with Reid will never win a title.

the team hasn't been good the last two years. the only reason people think they were good is because of reid.

what coach do you want to replace him with?
    The Fixer wrote:

I think it has more to do with the horseshit NFL product than anything else. the greed of everyone involved doesnt' help any either

no, well other than your greed comment which everyone is in agreement on. every league's product has gone downhill over our lifetime mostly due to expansion. but all you have to do is look at the nfl's and eagles' television ratings last year to know that's not it.the nfl was actually never more popular than it was last year despite the rule changes none of us like.

conversely, if you look at the kind of apathetic way people responded to the eagles stumbling into the playoffs and getting ousted after one game again, i think that speaks to an overall numbness people have been feeling towards reid and the way this team has been going for years now...

him promoting the offensive line coach to d coordinator didn't help matters either. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

the team hasn't been good the last two years. the only reason people think they were good is because of reid.

I don't know were u get that info from almost anyone i talk too or here talkn all agree it's time to go. I'd take Gruden,Cowher,Billichk and i'm sure alot others. Ried is a good coach probably the best in franchise history but sometimes change is needed. I forget the exact number but the avg year it takes a coach to win a super bowl is within the 1st 4 years. Were about triple that now i'd say his time has come and gone.
    Go Birds!!!!

him promoting the offensive line coach to d coordinator didn't help matters either. :lol:

Even I admit this move is questionable. Could be the straw that breaks the camels' back in the reid tenure. Unfortunately he is going to look either really good or really bad for that move.

The most important thing is to improve the talent on this squad. The offensive line and defense need better players, period. Thank god they have Howie Roseman running the show :lol:

I still dont think they will find a better replacement than my boy reid. Give him a lifetime contract. A QB that knows how to read a defense and/or call an audible wouldn't hurt either.
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't know were u get that info from almost anyone i talk too or here talkn all agree it's time to go. I'd take Gruden,Cowher,Billichk and i'm sure alot others. Ried is a good coach probably the best in franchise history but sometimes change is needed. I forget the exact number but the avg year it takes a coach to win a super bowl is within the 1st 4 years. Were about triple that now i'd say his time has come and gone.

It took cowher 14 years. I think gruden is a tool.

I guess people are sick of winning 10 games a year and going to the playoffs. Even when the team is predicted to finish 3rd in the division like last year.

Gotta give reid a shot to win with the new crew he's brought in/developed.
This discussion has been closed.