Options

are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,344
    What about jumping ship a mere 100 years in between WS for the crosstown rivals?

Is that fraudulant?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    mickeyrat wrote:
    What about jumping ship a mere 100 years in between WS for the crosstown rivals?

Is that fraudulant?

no...as long as it start one of the greatest rants ever...
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Selling ur baseball season tickets because the team is now bad makes U a fraud!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    norm wrote:
    I like the idea that you can switch if you are under 14 years old. That is when most true life-long allegiances start.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Selling ur baseball season tickets because the team is now bad makes U a fraud!!!

hmm...off to check the phillies thread
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    81 wrote:

Lol theres nothing good in there!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

Lol theres nothing good in there!!!

whenever i am having a bad day, i crack open a philly thread for a good laugh. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    Jason P wrote:
    norm wrote:
    I like the idea that you can switch if you are under 14 years old. That is when most true life-long allegiances start.
    so that mean yankee bandwagon fans aren't frauds, really now? one of my very many little cousins is now a yankee fan. this kid grew up loving the mets to death. he could rattle off every player that played on the 06 mets like no tomorrow. now cause of the mets sucking the past few years he's had a enough and decided to become a yankees fan.

i feel if you been a knicks fan your whole life and now are a bk nets fan your a fraud. the only way you wouldn't be a fraud for switching to the nets from the knicks is if you were a true Brooklynite.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    81 wrote:

whenever i am having a bad day, i crack open a philly thread for a good laugh. :lol:
    QFT

• Options
    so that mean yankee bandwagon fans aren't frauds, really now? one of my very many little cousins is now a yankee fan. this kid grew up loving the mets to death. he could rattle off every player that played on the 06 mets like no tomorrow. now cause of the mets sucking the past few years he's had a enough and decided to become a yankees fan.

i feel if you been a knicks fan your whole life and now are a bk nets fan your a fraud. the only way you wouldn't be a fraud for switching to the nets from the knicks is if you were a true Brooklynite.
    Well, all Yankee's fans are frauds. ;)

I was a 49ers fan until the 5th grade until all the SB wins got to be too much and I started following the hopeless Colts. :) But the truth was my friends were Colts fans, I started going to the games, and I was hooked ... even though they sucked. I think by 14 there should be no turning back. The only exception is if you root for a college team and then end up going to a rival school.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    The only exception is if you root for a college team and then end up going to a rival school.

no true buckeye fan would consider attending that school up north. :nono:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    The only exception is if you root for a college team and then end up going to a rival school.

I should note that this non-fraudulent exemption also includes the prerequisite that you are attending your rival school because it is an in-state public school and your favorite school does not offer a degree in which you desire or it is private. :ugeek:
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

I should note that this non-fraudulent exemption also includes the prerequisite that you are attending your rival school because it is an in-state public school and your favorite school does not offer a degree in which you desire or it is private. :ugeek:
    the question then becomes why your are a fan of an out of state school? ANd just why your broke ass couldnt or wouldnt find the funding to not be a fraud for sure?

nonexempt my ass.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    the question then becomes why your are a fan of an out of state school? ANd just why your broke ass couldnt or wouldnt find the funding to not be a fraud for sure?

nonexempt my ass.
    Most states have two public universities and most in-state public universities are rivals. If you want to go pre-med and your rival offers it, your stuck.

College today is too expensive. Public schools are close to $20K and out of state can be $35K w/ private getting close to $50K. If it take five years to get a degree, that could be an extra $150K just to be loyal to a sports team.

I would hope people that spend money to go to college are not that dumb.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

nonexempt my ass.
    Most states have two public universities and most in-state public universities are rivals. If you want to go pre-med and your rival offers it, your stuck.

College today is too expensive. Public schools are close to $20K and out of state can be $35K w/ private getting close to $50K. If it take five years to get a degree, that could be an extra $150K just to be loyal to a sports team.

I would hope people that spend money to go to college are not that dumb.
    :mrgreen:

yeah, one would hope..

GF's daughter has her heart set on a private 45K a year school. Combo of loans grants and ascolarships with awork study program gets her in for 1st year.

She started that process late. She doesnt like sports, so this was really irrelevant to the topic at hand!!

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Jason P wrote:

Well, all Yankee's fans are frauds. ;)
    :nono: Not all.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,458
    Jason P wrote:
    norm wrote:

i have to read this article but knicks fans are not allowed to "become" nets fans. that's a bunch of baloney. it is BALONEY.

and your little cousin is absolutely a fraud. you should have a chat with his father.

......by the way--are you really metsfan?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

i have to read this article but knicks fans are not allowed to "become" nets fans. that's a bunch of baloney. it is BALONEY.

and your little cousin is absolutely a fraud. you should have a chat with his father.

......by the way--are you really metsfan?

little cousin's dad is a diehard mets fan

yes i am really metsfan

:wave:

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    As a Nets fan who has taken a ton of crap from Knicks fan over the years.... now its your turn :D

And we will know who the fakes are... if you can't name at least 5 players from the 12-70 season then you are a bangwagoner, ex-knicks fan or not
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    what's the official max age at which you can change teams without being considered a fraud?

i'm assuming it has to be the legal drinking age or less? correct?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    what's the official max age at which you can change teams without being considered a fraud?

• Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    81 wrote:

:fp:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    81 wrote:

that's right around the begining of high school....that seems like a fair number.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,458
    81 wrote:

the moment you exit the womb.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,115
    The rules for college have been established:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-trian ... all-fandom

Coincidentally, the first thing I thought of when reading the title of the article was this thread....
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    for the fraud-callerouters i've been wondering...are you as faithful to a partner as you are to your team? by your logic shouldn't you marry the first person you date and if you don't you're a fraud?
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:
    for the fraud-callerouters i've been wondering...are you as faithful to a partner as you are to your team? by your logic shouldn't you marry the first person you date and if you don't you're a fraud?

stop with your devils logic.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    sorry 81 in this thread you're not allowed to give up on failed love...i am for free love of anyone that makes you happy at that particular moment. rules don't apply - let the devil wash over you.
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:
    Loyalty to a sports team is only controlled by one brain while being faithful to a partner is controlled by two. :geek: