Options

are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    Newch91 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    th_tumblr_mhi4s5JTrT1rfimo0o1_500_zpsd41cfc4a.jpg

ONLY acceptable if that is the third harbaugh brother.
    What about any other relative?

no. only another brother.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781
    Newch91 wrote:
    What about any other relative?

no. only another brother

too bad Dad. You fraud!!!!!! You too Mom!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    gotta figure the dad would wear john's jersey and mom wears jim's right???? righty??:x :x
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781
    gotta figure the dad would wear john's jersey and mom wears jim's right???? righty??:x :x
    you could favor one child over another?

Man thats cold, Mr. Think of The Children.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Juggler what am I supposed to do in this situation? Not that I really care, but just wondering what the fraud genie would say. I know you have stated that my son should root for the Ravens, Orioles, Wizards and C(r)apitols in order to do the whole homefield bullshit. Since I abhor the O's, Zards, and Craps that this was never gonna happen. However, my 2 year-old just got into watching and playing football this Thanksgiving. While he has a Dez Bryant jersey coming his way soon, he was already given a hand-me-down Ray Lewis jersey from a friend. He's been wearing that thing, mimicking Lewis's pre-game shenanigans since he's been watching (insert tired murder joke here since he's a rat not a murderer), goes to daycare with other Ravens fans, and watched the whole game last night rooting for the purple ones.

So the question is: is it my duty to take my son to the parade tomorrow to celebrate his team? Is it fraudulent behavior on my part for being there (I don't hate the Ravens like say the Eagles or Redskins)? Does he have to go with a Ravens fan and not me? Should I just let a two year-old fend for himself on the streets of Baltimore?

You see these are the issues you can run into when you start defining behaviors.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    norm wrote:
    th_tumblr_mhi4s5JTrT1rfimo0o1_500_zpsd41cfc4a.jpg

ONLY acceptable if that is the third harbaugh brother.
    Cooper Harbaugh?
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RW81233 wrote:
    Juggler what am I supposed to do in this situation? Not that I really care, but just wondering what the fraud genie would say. I know you have stated that my son should root for the Ravens, Orioles, Wizards and C(r)apitols in order to do the whole homefield bullshit. Since I abhor the O's, Zards, and Craps that this was never gonna happen. However, my 2 year-old just got into watching and playing football this Thanksgiving. While he has a Dez Bryant jersey coming his way soon, he was already given a hand-me-down Ray Lewis jersey from a friend. He's been wearing that thing, mimicking Lewis's pre-game shenanigans since he's been watching (insert tired murder joke here since he's a rat not a murderer), goes to daycare with other Ravens fans, and watched the whole game last night rooting for the purple ones.

So the question is: is it my duty to take my son to the parade tomorrow to celebrate his team? Is it fraudulent behavior on my part for being there (I don't hate the Ravens like say the Eagles or Redskins)? Does he have to go with a Ravens fan and not me? Should I just let a two year-old fend for himself on the streets of Baltimore?

You see these are the issues you can run into when you start defining behaviors.

clearly, he needs to be put up for adoption. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    it could be worse he could be a Red Sox/Pats/Celtics/Bruins fan
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:

AMAZING. your 2 year old is a better fan than you are. :lol:

god bless your friend for undercutting the dez bryant jersey. good work on his part.

i see no issue with you taking him to the parade so he can celebrate his home town team's championship. however, you should be forced to wear a cardboard sign that reads "i am a fraudulent sports fan. please throw things at me."

:thumbup:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:

god bless your friend for undercutting the dez bryant jersey. good work on his part.

i see no issue with you taking him to the parade so he can celebrate his home town team's championship. however, you should be forced to wear a cardboard sign that reads "i am a fraudulent sports fan. please throw things at me."

I'll wear my pacman jones cowboy jersey...that way we can save on cardboard.
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

I'll wear my pacman jones cowboy jersey...that way we can save on cardboard.

okay.

when is the parade? today?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    this kind of behavior is frowned upon:

http://deadspin.com/5985487/?utm_campai ... socialflow
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    you might just be a fraud, if you get Chicago Cubs license plates and put Red Sox on them.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    you might just be a fraud, if you get Chicago Cubs license plates and put Red Sox on them.

confirmed.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    march madness is here.....

is it considered fraudulent to fill out multiple brackets to hedge one's bet?

i'm uncertain of this one...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

All good in my book
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    60 pages in, I'll give my story. Family crossed the pond and set up camp in NW PA. Old man is a huge Rams fan and an Indians fan. (Rams were in nearby Cleveland at the time). I pop out and through my early years all I'd hear is Rams, Rams, Rams.

By the time I found other sports, I went all Philly. I feel I'm ok here, not a sports fraud. I mean, look at my teams.

Rams
    Phillies
    Flyers
    Sixers - not an NBA fan at all, but if asked for a team, it's the Sixers

All my teams suck. I was laid more times at 17 than there are rings in my life time from those four teams.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196

absolutely fraudulent behavior in my eyes. there will be only one champion so you only get one choice for who you think that will be.

let me pick 5-7 teams now and im 99% sure i'll get it right.
  • Options
    60 pages in, I'll give my story. Family crossed the pond and set up camp in NW PA. Old man is a huge Rams fan and an Indians fan. (Rams were in nearby Cleveland at the time). I pop out and through my early years all I'd hear is Rams, Rams, Rams.

By the time I found other sports, I went all Philly. I feel I'm ok here, not a sports fraud. I mean, look at my teams.

Rams
    Phillies
    Flyers

All my teams suck. I was laid more times at 17 than there are rings in my life time from those four teams.

i never knew the rams were once in cleveland. huh. well you learn something every day. were the browns there around the same time? and, if so, does your dad hate them?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Great read. I'm lucky in some respects. I grew up in Nashville, which obviously doesn't have a baseball team. Everyone around me loved the fucking Braves, and I hated them. I followed the Orioles because of Cal Ripken, and I still do. But, Nashville also has the Sounds, the AAA team for the Brewers. I watch Fielder, Hart, and others play in the minors, so it was an easy transition to cheer for the Brewers once I moved to WI. I also was a Titans supporter, and I still am. However, the Packer contagion is pretty hard to avoid, so I cheer for both as long as they aren't playing each other.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,779

Rams
    Phillies
    Flyers

i never knew the rams were once in cleveland. huh. well you learn something every day. were the browns there around the same time? and, if so, does your dad hate them?

Yeah, I didn't know that either - I had to look it up.

Sooo, I have to ask, how old are you? Cause that was a looong fuckin' time ago.

I'm surprised you didn't go Pittsburgh living in NW PA.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

Rams
    Phillies
    Flyers

Yeah, I didn't know that either - I had to look it up.

Sooo, I have to ask, how old are you? Cause that was a looong fuckin' time ago.

I'm surprised you didn't go Pittsburgh living in NW PA.

I'm 38. I like the Rams cause that's all I heard growing up. I don't and never did live in NW PA. That's where the family first settled. I'm in South Central PA, closer to Philly. Can't stand Pittsburgh teams.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    pjhawks wrote:

absolutely fraudulent behavior in my eyes. there will be only one champion so you only get one choice for who you think that will be.

No way. This has nothing to do with being a fan. It's gambling.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,779
    Jason P wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

No way. This has nothing to do with being a fan. It's gambling.

Exactly. Nothing wrong with hedging. I don't know why anyone would have any interest in this thing without - sans alumni connections, of course.

What's fraudulent is someone who doesn't get in a pool and still fills out a bracket for the "fun" of it. Yeah, that's a lot of fun...right.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    Am i a real fan if i can't find even a bit of interest in half a season of NHL hockey after another greedy lockout? Or does that make me a fraud? I Honestly don't know.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Am i a real fan if i can't find even a bit of interest in half a season of NHL hockey after another greedy lockout? Or does that make me a fraud? I Honestly don't know.

Fuck the half season
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Fuck the half season
    I agree. It feels somewhat meaningless.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Fuck the half season
    I agree. It feels somewhat meaningless.

when does hockey start up again?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    Great read. I'm lucky in some respects. I grew up in Nashville, which obviously doesn't have a baseball team. Everyone around me loved the fucking Braves, and I hated them. I followed the Orioles because of Cal Ripken, and I still do. But, Nashville also has the Sounds, the AAA team for the Brewers. I watch Fielder, Hart, and others play in the minors, so it was an easy transition to cheer for the Brewers once I moved to WI. I also was a Titans supporter, and I still am. However, the Packer contagion is pretty hard to avoid, so I cheer for both as long as they aren't playing each other.

Definite fraud potential if you start cheering for the Pack. Don't give in to those cheeseheads!