are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,365
    Jason P wrote:
    they need their own thread.

i'm going start following them.
    +1

Is anyone here who speaks Australian want to start one?

cate frances?

wait a minute....will be considered frauds if we start pulling for the sidney rabbitohs?

:?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    wait a minute....will be considered frauds if we start pulling for the sidney rabbitohs?

I checked the rules and I'm fine.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    81 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    From what I can tell, they are the only team that employs a bunny rabbit in their name or logo.

have you not heard of the atlanta rabbits?

the logo for the south sydeny team is a rabbit.. this is true... but the rabbitohs for whom theyre named is not a rabbit.. it is the guys who would walk the streets selling rabbits, yelling our RABBITOH!!!! kinda like the ice cream man but furrier. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    they need their own thread.

i'm going start following them.
    +1

Is anyone here who speaks Australian want to start one?

cate frances?

do you have a local rugby league team??? if not then how can you be called a fraud... by all means support the rabbitohs... if you ask nicely russell crowe may even give you a guernsey or a cap dependent on how generous hes feeling. ;):lol:

oh and its the SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS not the sydney rabbits.. a small difference but a very significent one.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    ugh again leading at half time... and again no points scored in the 2nd half. another loss. :(
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    ugh again leading at half time... and again no points scored in the 2nd half. another loss. :(
    cate .... where is the official thread???

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB0GE7c-xKgPTppwHcZ0oaH4XS1KrAgDWROiBWVcv5ujjcVE83kw

8-)

it's time to get on the trolley!

:ugeek:

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    cate .... where is the official thread???

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB0GE7c-xKgPTppwHcZ0oaH4XS1KrAgDWROiBWVcv5ujjcVE83kw

8-)

it's time to get on the trolley!

:ugeek:

:mrgreen:

no official thread... itd be too depressing.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    WOOWOO!! done and dusted.. a couple of converted tries down... seemingly playing the time out THEN the scores are even at full time. the rabbitohs win in extra time with a very ugly but effective field goal. GREG INGLIS!!! *sigh* bunnies... come on.. the game is 80 minutes dont stop out hearts for 35 minutes in the 2nd half before you decide to start playing for reals.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Nets fans. Last night Miami was in New Jersey and the Nets fans were chanting "MVP" for LeBron. Also chanting "Lets go Heat".
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Fraud alert and this one is close to me: my best friend. He was a Nets fan and I think as of last year he has transformed into an Oklahoma City Thunder fan.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Fraud alert and this one is close to me: my best friend. He was a Nets fan and I think as of last year he has transformed into an Oklahoma City Thunder fan.

CONFIRMED.

YOUR FRIEND IS A FRAUD.

now, it will be your life long responsibility to never let him go back to rooting for the nets when they get good again. i mean if he strays back to them you just have to be merciless in the amount of shit you give him. BE RELENTLESS MY FRIEND!! :x :x :x :x :x
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,623
    If you have been a nets fan for this long, how the fuck couldn't you be now? Awesome new place in Brooklyn, sweet gear and ownership that is ready to go. That place in Brooklyn is sweet
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,061
    I was on my way home from work and i spot this car in front of me with PA license plate- AROD 215

In the back of his car he has a Yankees hat and a Braves hat looking out the window. Then i notice he is a wearing a Phillies hat :fp:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I was on my way home from work and i spot this car in front of me with PA license plate- AROD 215

In the back of his car he has a Yankees hat and a Braves hat looking out the window. Then i notice he is a wearing a Phillies hat :fp:
    :fp: :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,948
    Newch91 wrote:
    Nets fans. Last night Miami was in New Jersey and the Nets fans were chanting "MVP" for LeBron. Also chanting "Lets go Heat".
    I didn't know the nets have fans
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763

Maybe he just likes hats??? :fp: :fp:

I met a friend of a friend once and he was wearing a Cardinals hat. I asked him if he was a big Cardinals fan and he said "No, I'm a Cubs fan. I just like the hat". :fp: Couldn't take this dude seriously after that.
  • Options
    Go To Fire 43Go To Fire 43 Posts: 449
    No Cubs fan would wear Cardinals stuff. I loved the fact that the guy who got David Freese's World Series home run ball, met him to give him the ball and take pictures with him. In the pictures with David Freese is the guy and his friend wearing a Cubs shirt.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,061
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    as we all know i am a fraud, but after one Seattle Sounders game I was depressed by their 2-0 loss a few weeks ago. They had the best chants ever like "let him die" when a guy gets injured...I was sad for like 5 minutes.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RW81233 wrote:
    as we all know i am a fraud, but after one Seattle Sounders game I was depressed by their 2-0 loss a few weeks ago. They had the best chants ever like "let him die" when a guy gets injured...I was sad for like 5 minutes.

are they related to the nashville sounds?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

they draw more than all but 5 EPL teams, and would be the 2nd most attended Serie A team comparatively. Drew Carey is a monster.
  • Options
    the bid closest without going over....... :lol: :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
    RW81233 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

they draw more than all but 5 EPL teams, and would be the 2nd most attended Serie A team comparatively. Drew Carey is a monster.

Seattle Sounders - "Football" played in "football" weather. Some day I will get back to the Pacific NW.
    FC Dallas games are impossible to attend much after mid May. Unless you enjoy an instant sunburn and death by humidity.
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
  • Options
    no one else touches my love of the sounders...there were several alcoholic beverages involved
  • Options
    :fp: :fp:

Huge frauds for wearing UNC and Duke clothing. :nono:
  • Options
    i wish there was a way to ban those new emoticons from threads that i start. somebody get kat on the phone...

:x :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    ON USING "WE"
    7. I use "we" all the time. I don't see a problem with it. Fans are important. Without a fan base, there would be no team. "We" are all a part in our team's successes and failures.

ON IN-SEASON BANDWAGONING
    8. This rule does not apply to Cubs fans. We expect the Cubs to suck. But there is no greater feeling to us in the world than a Cubs victory.

ON ROOTING AGAINST YOUR TEAM
    9. I will add to this rule that, if your team is out of contention and playing an opponent whose victory over your team would keep a team you loathe out of the playoffs, then it's certainly ok to root against your team. (For instance, I hate the Phillies. And if, for example, the Cubs are in last & playing the Braves, and a Braves win would secure the NL East for them and cause the Phillies to miss a Wild Card spot - it's Go Braves!)

ON FANTASY SPORTS
    10. This is the main reason I hate being around ANYONE when the NFL is in season. I don't play fantasy sports. Why? Because I am a heavily biased sports fan. I refuse to play a betting game where I'm forced to root for players I don't like, or players playing against my REAL team. I can't tell you how many times last year I heard "Sorry Dyer, I want to root for your Niners for you, but <opposing player> is on my fantasy team." To which I would rebut "Well, I want you to do well in your fantasy league, but I hope Patrick Willis sends your guy to the REAL emergency room, you jackass!"
    (Note: I don't actually wish harm on any players, but I need to get the point across that I couldn't give two turds of a shit about your stupid fantasy team.)

ON RELATIONSHIPS/PARENTING
    16. I'm so glad my parents let me make up my own mind as a child. Thanks, mom & dad. Ya know, for being Steelers fans, you're not so bad after all.

ON NEW YORKERS PICKING A SIDE
    20. This applies to Chicago as well. You must choose either the Cubs or White Sox, none of this "Well, at least it's a Chicago team" crap. Now, I'm not a White Sox-hating Cubs fan, but I certainly don't ever root for them. And I don't expect WSox fans to ever root for the Cubs, either.

Someone made a comment a long time back about the fans with a "second favorite team" and how they disagree with it. I don't see a problem with having a 2nd favorite, but all the above rules should apply to your 2nd fave as well. No bangwagoning your #2 team. The only exception is if you follow a favorite player to another team because he signed as a free-agent or was traded. Oh, and NEVER root for your 2nd fave over your favorite!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    norm wrote:

no...but as a lakers fan and knicks hater..i will be pulling for the nets to embarass the knicks
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......