Options

are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,818
    RiotZact wrote:
    People around here are hardcore steelers fans and it really pisses me off because they know every little thing about the steelers but can't name 5 other players in the whole NFL, even former Steelers, Santonio Holmes for example, when he caught that pass in the super bowl he was everybody's hero and my family probably knew everything about him, but I'd be willing to bet a million bucks that no one in my family would know who he plays for now, it's not the Steelers so who cares? that's their mentality and I never wanted to be a part of that. If that's considered being a fraud then whatever I'm a fraud.

I like the cut of your jib. I'll let it slide then...

EDIT: ALSO, get the fffffuck outta Johnstown.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,214
    RiotZact wrote:
    People around here are hardcore steelers fans and it really pisses me off because they know every little thing about the steelers but can't name 5 other players in the whole NFL, even former Steelers, Santonio Holmes for example, when he caught that pass in the super bowl he was everybody's hero and my family probably knew everything about him, but I'd be willing to bet a million bucks that no one in my family would know who he plays for now, it's not the Steelers so who cares? that's their mentality and I never wanted to be a part of that. If that's considered being a fraud then whatever I'm a fraud.

I like the cut of your jib. I'll let it slide then...

EDIT: ALSO, get the fffffuck outta Johnstown.

I'm actually in Indiana right now going to IUP but don't worry I don't plan on staying very long after college
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,370
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

and bruins, and phils... :?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    RiotZact wrote:
    Ok I read the rules but I'm still not sure if my stories check out. The Packers and the Sixers are my favorite teams, I liked the packers because my family/friends who were Steelers fans and it started to get on my nerves because all they ever talked about was the Steelers, so I picked the team that had the same colors as my school, that one's fine right? And as for the sixers I honestly don't remember cus I was like REALLY young when I started liking basketball but I'm pretty sure it's just because they were the only team in my state so that's fine too right?
    At least you're not a Dallas Mavericks fan living in CT. I can't remember if I'm considered a fraud for that.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    81 wrote:

I think I saw a Ravens tat.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,073
    81 wrote:

there's also at least 2 or 3 that the jeresy is hiding :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    sometimes i wish i was a sports fraud.... itd make it easier to deal when my team is 10-all at half time yet ends up losing the game without scoring any points in the second half... did they even bother to come out from the dressing rooms after the break???? *shrugs* dont look like it.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    sometimes i wish i was a sports fraud.... itd make it easier to deal when my team is 10-all at half time yet ends up losing the game without scoring any points in the second half... did they even bother to come out from the dressing rooms after the break???? *shrugs* dont look like it.

rough go at it for the rabittohs?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    one of my coworkers is a michigan grad

in the march madness brackets she has michigan state beating michigan in the championship game. fraud
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:

in the march madness brackets she has michigan state beating michigan in the championship game. fraud

:shock:

fraud? more like a traitor!
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

is that fraudulent though? :think:

i don't think it is. if she went out and actually made a bet against her team/school...then yeah, that is fraudulent. this is just a bracket. can't pick michigan to win thw whole thing every year :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

i don't think it is. if she went out and actually made a bet against her team/school...then yeah, that is fraudulent. this is just a bracket. can't pick michigan to win thw whole thing every year :lol:

theoretically, would you choose the cowboys over the eagles? a true fan should never pick an arch rival over their team
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

theoretically, would you choose the cowboys over the eagles? a true fan should never pick an arch rival over their team

but isn't a march madness pool different? i've never bet against the eagles. but, as a villanova basketball fan, i've inevitably picked them to lose at some point pretty much every year in my brackets (with a couple exceptions :lol: ).

but i guess if you have your team going all the way to final game against a conference rival, you gotta go with your squad at that point. i don't remember being in that situation though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    march madness is big $$$ ... first place in the pool i'm in is like $7,000 ... i am pretty sure if all you fockers went to michigan ... you wouldn't pick michigan over state ... :lol:
  • Options
    but isn't a march madness pool different? i've never bet against the eagles. but, as a villanova basketball fan, i've inevitably picked them to lose at some point pretty much every year in my brackets (with a couple exceptions :lol: ).

but you're a bigger fan of the eagles than nova, yes? so transfer that fandom to nova...would you bet georgetown over nova? (or whatever their biggest rival is)
    but i guess if you have your team going all the way to final game against a conference rival, you gotta go with your squad at that point. i don't remember being in that situation though.

championship game you gotta go with your team...if you're a true fan, that trumps all including money
  • Options
    norm wrote:

but you're a bigger fan of the eagles than nova, yes? so transfer that fandom to nova...would you bet georgetown over nova? (or whatever their biggest rival is)

championship game you gotta go with your team...if you're a true fan, that trumps all including money

i'm a huge nova fan. but i just think filling out a bracket, where you're picking so many games, is different than actually placing a bet against your squad.

but championship game--once you get that far, yeah at that point you gotta stay the course. :lol: i guess she's a fraud after all
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

theyre now 1-2. theres a long way to go...
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

theyre now 1-2. theres a long way to go...

the rabittohs should fire their coach. yes/no?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I wonder how many tebow jerseys were thrown in the trash today.
  • Options

i wonder if cate frances has a rabbitohs jersey? and if so, which player? :think:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

i wonder if cate frances has a rabbitohs jersey? and if so, which player? :think:

i did when i was younger. it had no players number on it. but my fave player was #5 terry fahey... he was a winger.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

i did when i was younger. it had no players number on it. but my fave player was #5 terry fahey... he was a winger.

i think we need an official rabbitohs thread. yes/no?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    rabbitohs-logo-l.jpg
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    rabbitohs-logo-l.jpg
    From what I can tell, they are the only team that employs a bunny rabbit in their name or logo.

They should use this guy as their mascot ...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4BKwyDZzFtwDCjg_3qbXyf0lBFpAwsZeVYrCS_35s5YayvTefrw
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    From what I can tell, they are the only team that employs a bunny rabbit in their name or logo.

have you not heard of the atlanta rabbits?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Jason P wrote:
    rabbitohs-logo-l.jpg

As long as they don't play The Holy Handgrenades. ;)
    #FHP
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    rabbitohs-logo-l.jpg

they need their own thread.

i'm going start following them.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    they need their own thread.

i'm going start following them.
    +1

Is anyone here who speaks Australian want to start one?