Options

are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    81 wrote:
    uh oh....

i do believe i have uncovered the double sports fan fraud...right here on our on forum....

lynch em

:lol:
    :lol: Clue?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    uh oh....

i do believe i have uncovered the double sports fan fraud...right here on our on forum....

lynch em

i LOST the clue

ya get it. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    uh oh....

lynch em

i LOST the clue

ya get it. :lol:
    :lol: In that thread?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    Question for everyone and this can become a reality after 2015

Say if the islanders moved to a city like KC or Seattle or Quebec, would I be a fraud fan if I rooted for them in their new city?
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,442
    metsfan wrote:

Say if the islanders moved to a city like KC or Seattle or Quebec, would I be a fraud fan if I rooted for them in their new city?

i wouldn't think so.

what would you do if you got a new team, say, 5 years down the road though?

the eagles almost moved to phoenix when i was a kid. i've always wondered what that would have been like. people in baltimore and cleveland know the answer i guess.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,127
    metsfan wrote:

i wouldn't think so.

the eagles almost moved to phoenix when i was a kid. i've always wondered what that would have been like. people in baltimore and cleveland know the answer i guess.

Well your teams leaves your town to move elsewhere i feel you have the choice to continue to follow say if the Bruins moved to Charlotte. Then say if you chose to not follow the Bruins and take on Charlotte I think that would be fine.

Many have done that with Hartford Whalers or LA Rams to St Louis.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    unfortunately i work with an ubber douchebag. this is a guy who openly admits to trying to emmulate ari from entourage and always tries to make himself the center of attention. i despise people like that.

anywho...he also exposed himself as a sports fraud this morning. he attempted to talk about sports when it was blatently apparent to everyone involved that he had no idea what he was talking about. i try to ignore everything he says so i wasn't listening that closely. he said something like the phillies only had 2 pitchers worth anything or something stupid like that. so he's that guy. why even attempt that conversation? know your limits and shut the hell up for once. douche.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    unfortunately i work with an ubber douchebag. this is a guy who openly admits to trying to emmulate ari from entourage and always tries to make himself the center of attention. i despise people like that.

anywho...he also exposed himself as a sports fraud this morning. he attempted to talk about sports when it was blatently apparent to everyone involved that he had no idea what he was talking about. i try to ignore everything he says so i wasn't listening that closely. he said something like the phillies only had 2 pitchers worth anything or something stupid like that. so he's that guy. why even attempt that conversation? know your limits and shut the hell up for once. douche.

call him on it next time. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

call him on it next time. :lol:

we don't even acknowledge each other's presence. it's like a known thing that we dont like each other without even saying anything. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    we don't even acknowledge each other's presence. it's like a known thing that we dont like each other without even saying anything. :lol:

i have a couple people like that in my office....i only talk to them when it's business related and there is nobody else to ask.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    uthis is a guy who openly admits to trying to emmulate ari from entourage

no he really doesn't, does he? :roll: :lol:
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,624
    metsfan wrote:

i wouldn't think so.

I disagree with the commish. If the Giants had gone to Tampa in '93.....I was done (or at least that's what I told myself). Truly tho, I can't see myself rooting for a dome team with an average fan age of 75. I'm old....but not that fucking old.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    81 wrote:

i have a couple people like that in my office....i only talk to them when it's business related and there is nobody else to ask.

yeah. even then i have to grit me teeth.

this guy openly brags to people about his latest fake tan, or full body wax, or his latest hair highlights. seriously. yada yada yada. it is nauseating.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    can we get a picture. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    metsfan wrote:

I don't think you would be consider a fraud as long as the sole reason you like the team is not just because they play in yoru city.

I live in Toronto and have been a Flyers fan for over 25 years and if the flyers left and moved to another town i would still cheer for them.
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    I live in Toronto and have been a Flyers fan for over 25 years and if the flyers left and moved to another town i would still cheer for them.

i'm in the same boat...grew up a flyers fan in ohio, live in the chicago market now. not sure how i would feel about it if they moved.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,773
    81 wrote:

Gotta love working in an office. I have a couple people like that here as well.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

i'm in the same boat...grew up a flyers fan in ohio, live in the chicago market now. not sure how i would feel about it if they moved.

you guys don't even live in philadelphia. what would you care? :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    can we get a picture. :lol:

ha. no

he's essentially orange from all the fake tans. so i guess imagine someone who didnt make the cut for the jersey shore cast. also, he's 37 and acts 23 which further adds to the douchiness.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

I guess that is true, if you want you can cheer for the leafs
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

i've been to a Flyers game in Philly and i paid for my own dinner....that has to count for something...right
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i've been to a Flyers game in Philly and i paid for my own dinner....that has to count for something...right

what did you have?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    steak :lol:

actually, i don't remember what i had that night.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    i'm in the same boat...grew up a flyers fan in ohio, live in the chicago market now. not sure how i would feel about it if they moved.[/quote]

you guys don't even live in philadelphia. what would you care? :lol:[/quote]

i've been to a Flyers game in Philly and i paid for my own dinner....that has to count for something...right[/quote]

I also have been to about 20 flyers game in philly and have 4 jersey and also support the great philly band boys to men so i think in reality i am more a part of philly than toronto

just joking about the boys to men part
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    Ok I read the rules but I'm still not sure if my stories check out. The Packers and the Sixers are my favorite teams, I liked the packers because my family/friends who were Steelers fans and it started to get on my nerves because all they ever talked about was the Steelers, so I picked the team that had the same colors as my school, that one's fine right? And as for the sixers I honestly don't remember cus I was like REALLY young when I started liking basketball but I'm pretty sure it's just because they were the only team in my state so that's fine too right?
  • Options
    packers are as fraudulent as you can get.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    Ok I read the rules but I'm still not sure if my stories check out. The Packers and the Sixers are my favorite teams, I liked the packers because my family/friends who were Steelers fans and it started to get on my nerves because all they ever talked about was the Steelers, so I picked the team that had the same colors as my school, that one's fine right? And as for the sixers I honestly don't remember cus I was like REALLY young when I started liking basketball but I'm pretty sure it's just because they were the only team in my state so that's fine too right?

where are you from again? around philly? hburg?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

I am sorry but your a fraud ;):lol:
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

where are you from again? around philly? hburg?

Johnstown, it's closer to Pittsburgh than either of those
  • Options
    People around here are hardcore steelers fans and it really pisses me off because they know every little thing about the steelers but can't name 5 other players in the whole NFL, even former Steelers, Santonio Holmes for example, when he caught that pass in the super bowl he was everybody's hero and my family probably knew everything about him, but I'd be willing to bet a million bucks that no one in my family would know who he plays for now, it's not the Steelers so who cares? that's their mentality and I never wanted to be a part of that. If that's considered being a fraud then whatever I'm a fraud.