Options

are YOU a sports fan fraud?

Comments

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    What are the FRAUD rules if you hail from a city with only 1 major sports team? Do you automatically root for the nearest franchise or what I have done is root for the teams that I played on as a youngster (little league)?

i think if theres a code of sport that your city isnt representing then you get to choose based on your own criteria. tho same state should be your first stop.... thats what i reckon anyways.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    What are the FRAUD rules if you hail from a city with only 1 major sports team? Do you automatically root for the nearest franchise or what I have done is root for the teams that I played on as a youngster (little league)?

i think if theres a code of sport that your city isnt representing then you get to choose based on your own criteria. tho same state should be your first stop.... thats what i reckon anyways.
    That's what I would do. But there is no other Pro team in my state. People think that Oregonians should automatically cheer for Seattle teams. But growing up I didn't agree, I cheer for them now as I live in Seattle.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

That's what I would do. But there is no other Pro team in my state. People think that Oregonians should automatically cheer for Seattle teams. But growing up I didn't agree, I cheer for them now as I live in Seattle.

yeah see that wouldnt happen here cause traditionally other states teams are the enemy.. ALWAYS you can have a soft spot for another team but thats it. back up teams are acceptable during play offs when your team has bitten the bullet... but its just not the same. its good the team you want to win does so but theyre not your team, you know?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560

You have the Trailblazers in Oregon.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534

I've lived in Iowa and Virginia, both with no pro teams. So who have I chosen to be my two teams since I was a kid? The Browns and the Cubs.....I really know how to pick em. :oops:

Now I'll be relocating to Missouri and I refuse to become a Chiefs fan. But I have always gotten a kick out of those people who live half way across the country and not even close to a team and they claim to be die-hard fans of whatever team is on top.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,442
    YLed2 wrote:

I've lived in Iowa and Virginia, both with no pro teams. So who have I chosen to be my two teams since I was a kid? The Browns and the Cubs.....I really know how to pick em. :oops:

Now I'll be relocating to Missouri and I refuse to become a Chiefs fan. But I have always gotten a kick out of those people who live half way across the country and not even close to a team and they claim to be die-hard fans of whatever team is on top.

what part of virginia though? northern va, which is a pretty big area, follows the dc teams mostly.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

but wouldn't you be on a different team every year in little league? i was...maybe it's different in different places.

i've never been in your situation but i always thought it would be the nearest team or the team that gets the local coverage in your area.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724

but wouldn't you be on a different team every year in little league? i was...maybe it's different in different places.

i've never been in your situation but i always thought it would be the nearest team or the team that gets the local coverage in your area.

I was on two LL teams that had different unis. I played for the Braves and the Yankees. But from 4th to 8th grade was a Yankee, which is who I cheer for.

The problem with cheering for the closest regional teams were the rivalries. Being a Blazer and a Duck fan we always hated the Sonics and Huskies. So it was hard to cheer for Seattle teams like the M's and Seahawks since by geographic rivalry we hated all other Washington teams. The only other team in our market that we would see all the time was the 49'ers as they were the next closest NFL team and were on every weekend. In the 80's there was a huge 49'ers bandwagon that I wanted no part of. So it always made it tough.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    markieff morris...from philly. apparently he's a cowboys fans and gave up rooting for the sixers after they traded allen iverson.

markeiff morris = FRAUD.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    markieff morris...from philly. apparently he's a cowboys fans and gave up rooting for the sixers after they traded allen iverson.

markeiff morris = FRAUD.
    I have a friend who was a Sixers fan and then AI got traded and he became a Nuggest fan. Now that same friend, rooted for LeBron and Cleveland and when LeBron went to Miami, became a Miami fan and said Miami is LeBron's team. That's a fraud in my book.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

markeiff morris = FRAUD.
    I have a friend who was a Sixers fan and then AI got traded and he became a Nuggest fan. Now that same friend, rooted for LeBron and Cleveland and when LeBron went to Miami, became a Miami fan and said Miami is LeBron's team. That's a fraud in my book.

man that guy is all kinds of fraud...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Bret Favre
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Bret Favre
    :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

markeiff morris = FRAUD.

man that guy is all kinds of fraud...
    :lol: All sorts of fraud. Probably every kind of fraud that there could be.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,200
    Victor Cruz- Grew up in Jersey and was a Cowboys fan!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    As a Giants fan, that is very fraudulent.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    As a Giants fan, that is very fraudulent.

hahaha....i heard that too
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,642
    Rick Santorum wearing a Hawkeyes hoodie on the national news is certainly fraudulent.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Rick Santorum wearing a Hawkeyes hoodie on the national news is certainly fraudulent.

can't stand him...

think he want to penn state actually
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

can't stand him...

Yes he did, which makes him very fraudulent for wearing the Hawkeyes hoodie.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

can't stand him...

Yes he did, which makes him very fraudulent for wearing the Hawkeyes hoodie.

...then again, can you name a politician who is not fraudulent?

pretty sure it's a job requirement.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,773

Kinda like Lebron growing up in Akron, OH and being a Cowboys and Yankees fans. Always going for the underdogs, huh Lebron??
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,642
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

can't stand him...

Yeah, I fucking despise the moron, but that's for another forum. Completely forgot he went to Penn State, makes it so much worse he wore that sweatshirt.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

can't stand him...

Yeah, I fucking despise the moron, but that's for another forum. Completely forgot he went to Penn State, makes it so much worse he wore that sweatshirt.

agreed. sadly this nation is devoid of leaders.

i'd like to see newt vs obama just because i want to see the lincoln/douglas style debates. have a feeling obama's going to wipe the floor with any of them..despite this country still being in the shitter.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Saw a fraud at Dunkin Donuts this morning: a kid wearing a UConn sweatshirt, UNC sweat pants, and a Duke hat.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,200
    Watching "Parking Wars" on A&E. Mainly takes place in philly. There's this one PPA girl who is from philly. Never been to Dallas and of course she's a Cowboys fan :roll: . Least the main dude on it is an Eagles fan and NOT a fraud.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball- ... prZ0i8vLYF

worst writer on yahoo....is a fraud...

Bulls fan AND Cardinal fan? how does that happen?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

kevin love is an idiot for that suggestion too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

kevin love is an idiot for that suggestion too.

agreed.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    uh oh....

i do believe i have uncovered the double sports fan fraud...right here on our on forum....

lynch em

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg